dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Dan873 wrote:Fellow Wooters,

I am participating in WalkAmerica because I believe in the March of Dimes mission to save babies. Please support my fundraising efforts by sponsoring me in WalkAmerica today.

Contributing to my walk online is fast, easy and secure. You can donate directly from my personal webpage with a credit/debit card or PayPal. Just click the appropriate box on my webpage.

The money we raise helps save premature and sick babies. Premature birth is the #1 cause of newborn death and the biggest threat to babies’ health today, and through WalkAmerica, the March of Dimes is funding important research to find out why premature birth happens and what can be done to prevent it.

I’ve joined with millions of compassionate people across the country who support WalkAmerica each year. Won’t you please help me in this worthy cause? Visit my webpage and sponsor me in the walk that saves babies!

With your support, there’s hope.

Please follow the link below if you are interested in donating or becoming a walker yourself!

http://www.walkamerica.org/dschade

bump

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:

bump

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:

again

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pblgov

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pblgov
dontwantaname wrote:

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I am participating in WalkAmerica because I believe in the March of Dimes mission to save babies. Please support my fundraising efforts by sponsoring me in WalkAmerica today.

Contributing to my walk online is fast, easy and secure. You can donate directly from my personal webpage with a credit/debit card or PayPal. Just click the appropriate box on my webpage.

The money we raise helps save premature and sick babies. Premature birth is the #1 cause of newborn death and the biggest threat to babies’ health today, and through WalkAmerica, the March of Dimes is funding important research to find out why premature birth happens and what can be done to prevent it.

I’ve joined with millions of compassionate people across the country who support WalkAmerica each year. Won’t you please help me in this worthy cause? Visit my webpage and sponsor me in the walk that saves babies!

Please follow the link below if you are interested in donating or becoming a walker yourself!

This is a nation wide event. Give to someone you know, or to Dan!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kalyha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalyha

Wooters in or near Reading PA:

Are you looking for a great night out? How about an evening out that combines a light meal, great conversation and a beautiful “souvenir” all while benefiting a great cause? Join us for the 5th Anniversary Opportunity House Souper Bowl Event! This fun night out combines the talents of professional artists, Berks County’s finest restaurants, and local businesses to focus on easing hunger and homelessness in our community.

What is the Opportunity House Souper Bowl? Each attendee chooses a “soup bowl” hand-crafted by a diverse collection of artists, students and other talented contributors. Part of the fun of this event is the challenge of choosing a favorite from the great selection of bowls. The event features dozens of delicious soups to sample, all donated by fine area restaurants. There is even a dessert floor featuring sweets from around Berks County.

When is the Opportunity House Souper Bowl? Monday, May 7, 2007 from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm in the ballrooms at the Sovereign Performing Arts Center; 136 N. Sixth Street, Reading.

What is the Cost? Tickets are $20.00 in advance and $25.00 at the door.

Who does this benefit? Opportunity House, a non-profit organization that serves Berks County, and we would be honored to partner with your company to serve the needs of members of our community. A multi-service organization, Opportunity House offers services ranging from meals and shelter, to support for sexually-abused children and their families. Our agency serves three meals daily to 60 – 100 people per meal, depending on the time of year.

While our original mission (offering shelter and food to those in need) still holds true, we realize that this only treats the symptoms of homelessness. Additional services have been implemented to help our clients determine the cause(s) of their situation and create individual goals that will encourage successful independent living.

We hope to see you for a great activity for a great cause!

Sorry that is so long, but it is an awesome event & I've been working very hard on it, so come join us if you're in the area!

pblgov

kalyha wrote:

Sorry that is so long, but it is an awesome event & I've been working very hard on it, so come join us if you're in the area!

no need to apologize

pblgov

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pblgov wrote:

Wonderstew is a charity now!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pblgov

dontwantaname wrote:

Wonderstew is a charity now!

he seems desperate... he's flooding (ok not flooding per se) the contest thread

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

After you vote for Wonderstew, remember this walk is coming up!

Joel, if your wife gets pregnant on this weekend trip, you better not come back to us for child support!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pblgov

bump

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:Spring bump

(picture stolen from KT)

KT bump

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pblgov

dontwantaname wrote:

KT bump

I miss kt

pblgov

AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:

pblgov

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Thank you.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kgarde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kgarde

Hi fellow wooters!

Today, 1 in 150 is diagnosed with autism.

I made a video about autism for the band Five for Fighting's "What Kind of World do You Want?" contest. Each time someone views my video and then clicks the ad at the end, Five for Fighting will donate $.49 to Autism Speaks to fund autism research. Please donate to this worthy cause by viewing my video:

The URL is http://www.whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com/videos/view/id/252777

(I know this sounds like one of those "If you forward this e-mail then Bill Gates and AOL will send you half their fortunes" e-mails, but this is for real. The "What Kind of World Do You Want?" website has details on how the donations are made.)

Thanks for viewing my video!

I thought that I wanted a career, but it turned out I just wanted paychecks.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kgarde wrote:Hi fellow wooters!

I made a video about autism for the band Five for Fighting's "What Kind of World do You Want?" contest. Each time someone views my video and then clicks the ad at the end, Five for Fighting will donate $.49 to Autism Speaks to fund autism research. Please donate to this worthy cause by viewing my video:

(I know this sounds like one of those "If you forward this e-mail then Bill Gates and AOL will send you half their fortunes" e-mails, but this is for real. The "What Kind of World Do You Want?" website has details on how the donations are made.)

Thank you for posting the video.
I'll let all of the regulars know to come over here and watch it and click on the ad. You have a beautiful family. Whenever I pray for ARGH's nephew I will pray for your son. Hopefully in their lifetime we can find a cure for both.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kgarde

dontwantaname wrote:

Thank you for posting the video.
I'll let all of the regulars know to come over here and watch it and click on the ad. You have a beautiful family. Whenever I pray for ARGH's nephew I will pray for your son. Hopefully in their lifetime we can find a cure for both.

Thank you so much!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kgarde wrote:

Thank you so much!

I'm just going to cut and paste it onto some of the other threads.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pblgov

tall4agirl wrote:...getting a little too far down the list. Time to go back to the top! []

kalyha

Bump for Opportunity House Souper Bowl!

Monday May 7, 2007 5:30 - 7:30 at the Sovereign Performing Arts Center in Reading, PA

Helping kids like these

Get a hand-made (or hand-painted) bowl from professional, student and amateur artists and soup from 20 area restaurants (including Thai Cuisine, Judy's on Cherry, Emily's, Mezcal's, Cloud 9, Gracie's 21st Century, Marvel Ranch, Havana Joe's & More!)

It's a great event for a great cause. (Opportunity House)

Tickets are $20 in advance (available at Boscov's & the Sovereign Performing Arts Center or by calling Opportunity House) or $25 at the door.

We also have auction bowls including bowls signed by musicians that performed at the Sovereign Performing Arts Center, Berks Jazz Fest and the Reading Royals and hand-made bowls from some amazing professional artists including Willi Singleton, Nolde Forest Studio an these from GoggleWorks & PA Glass Trail Artist Nathanial Walker Dubbs

kalyha

PS.
For more information on the event & Opportunity house see
above
or opphouse.org

PPS.
PBLGOV- love the new siggy!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kgarde wrote:Hi fellow wooters!

bump The link is broken kgarde.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kalyha wrote:Bump for Opportunity House Souper Bowl!

Monday May 7, 2007 5:30 - 7:30 at the Sovereign Performing Arts Center in Reading, PA

Helping kids like these

Get a hand-made (or hand-painted) bowl from professional, student and amateur artists and soup from 20 area restaurants (including Thai Cuisine, Judy's on Cherry, Emily's, Mezcal's, Cloud 9, Gracie's 21st Century, Marvel Ranch, Havana Joe's & More!)

Tickets are $20 in advance (available at Boscov's & the Sovereign Performing Arts Center or by calling Opportunity House) or $25 at the door.

We also have auction bowls including bowls signed by musicians that performed at the Sovereign Performing Arts Center, Berks Jazz Fest and the Reading Royals and hand-made bowls from some amazing professional artists including Willi Singleton, Nolde Forest Studio an these from GoggleWorks & PA Glass Trail Artist Nathanial Walker Dubbs

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

NeoLuddite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeoLuddite

kgarde

dontwantaname wrote:

bump The link is broken kgarde.

Thanks dontwantaname, I couldn't connect to it either. It seems to be up again.

http://www.whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com/videos/view/id/252777

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

One never knows...

I hope to make the time.

How goes it for you, my friend?

Just a bump from Alien from a year ago.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:*BUMP*
~Nite.
WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

NeoLuddite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeoLuddite
dontwantaname wrote:

If this stuck by itself with a stickie we wouldn't have to look after it. There is something nice about the way we look after this thread. We can answer anyone who needs it and we can look at the beautiful child every night. And, if I ever figure it out I can post the picture of my kids when they were small and innocent.
Nope, we don't need any help here, it works just fine the way it is!

From page 25...
Thanks to those who have kept this thread on the first page for over a year and a half.
Alien would be proud.
"It is not length of life, but depth of life. "
Ralph Waldo Emerson

kalyha

This is Tonight! So it gets another bump to top.
Thanks for supporting us & thanks to everyone who created and maintains (or bumps) this thread!

kalyha wrote:Bump for Opportunity House Souper Bowl!

Helping kids like these

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

If you live near Reading PA, read the above post!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

NeoLuddite wrote:
From page 25...
Thanks to those who have kept this thread on the first page for over a year and a half.
Alien would be proud.
"It is not length of life, but depth of life. "
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks Neo. You have been here forever too!
Alien loved your posts here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kalyha

I don't know if any wooters attended last night's Opportunity House Souper Bowl, but if you did I can't thank you enough. We had the largest number of attendees we have ever had and were blown away by the response. (OK, I'll even admit that we were caught off guard by the rush of people, but it is for a great cause so it's worth it!)

So if you attended, again. Thank You Thank You Thank You! Final numbers aren't in, but I think this was the most successful Souper Bowl ever!

Thanks!

pblgov

kalyha wrote:I don't know if any wooters attended last night's Opportunity House Souper Bowl, but if you did I can't thank you enough. We had the largest number of attendees we have ever had and were blown away by the response. (OK, I'll even admit that we were caught off guard by the rush of people, but it is for a great cause so it's worth it!)

So if you attended, again. Thank You Thank You Thank You! Final numbers aren't in, but I think this was the most successful Souper Bowl ever!

Thanks!

some if us were there in spirit only.
Glad it went great!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Please be a part of the cure.

bump

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jnjgibson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnjgibson

I don't know if its still open, as this thread is quite old, but
Shriners Hospitals for Children - Philadelphia
http://shfc.convio.net/donatenow

Has helped my wife when she was young and they are helping my baby girl now. My wife and my daughter have a rare bone disorder in the arms, and shriners helps people that can't quite afford to get help, but unlike typical assistance they have some of the best doctors in the world. They only help children and babies...

Here is a picture or my daughter
http://lh5.google.com/image/jodimgibson/ReRXU8QJFCI/AAAAAAAAAH0/tyHsuUDOO_c/P2130008.JPG

I tried cutting and pasting like the help said but it still just dropped the link, any idea how to post pictures.. I tried html, and bbcode too...

pblgov

jnjgibson wrote:I don't know if its still open, as this thread is quite old, but
Shriners Hospitals for Children - Philadelphia
http://shfc.convio.net/donatenow

Has helped my wife when she was young and they are helping my baby girl now. My wife and my daughter have a rare bone disorder in the arms, and shriners helps people that can't quite afford to get help, but unlike typical assistance they have some of the best doctors in the world. They only help children and babies...

Here is a picture or my daughter

I tried cutting and pasting like the help said but it still just dropped the link, any idea how to post pictures.. I tried html, and bbcode too...

fixed

kalyha

pblgov wrote:some if us were there in spirit only.
Glad it went great!!!

Thanks for the spirit--at least I didn't worry about running out of soup & bowls for spirits!
We had between 100-150 more people than we have in past years (A HUGE leap for this little fundraiser).

As for the Philadelphia Shriner's Hospital post, Donate! http://shfc.convio.net/donatenow
I have done some work with the Reading Shriners & they are a great group of guys & work hard for children, bringing kids and their families to Philadelphia on their own time/dime.