dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:



bump

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:
Please be a part of the cure.



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

mac daddy1 wrote:


.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:




WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:The life of a man consists not in seeing visions and in dreaming dreams, but in active charity and in willing service.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:bumperz




WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

NeoLuddite wrote:
http://www.guidingeyes.org/bin/homepage
Guiding Eyes For the Blind. Give, or become a puppy raiser. How cool! A puppy you can take to the mall! A very worthwhile organization.




bump

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

bump

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:
Please be a part of the cure.



<3

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:
Please be a part of the cure.



.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:A painter can say all he wants to with fruit or flowers or even clouds.. -- Edouard Manet





WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:I deem it the duty of every man to devote a certain portion of his income for charitable purposes; and that it is his further duty to see it so applied as to do the most good of which it is capable.
- Thomas Jefferson



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

haveaheart wrote:“Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance.”
St. Francis of Assisi



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

bump
give blood!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Anybody? Anything?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

NeoLuddite wrote:"The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it." - James Truslow Adams



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:









WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

bump

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Question for the old timers, especially the old misfits and Gman.

It will soon be a year since we found out ARGH died.

Should I take the sig line out?
Should I link it to the graffiti wall picture?
His sister changed her email address. So if anyone wants to make a donation I guess she might know if we post it here. I made a small donation for some reason that I don't remember...maybe Christmas, and the email that I gave the charity came back.
Maybe find an alien like my mouse and ask one of you guys to link a photo to it.....might do that. Or try to do it myself...I understand what I am suppose to do, it just never works for me.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

zea3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

bump

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

zea3 wrote:bump


thanks

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AlienResearchGrpHome wrote:Hi –

I am logged on as ARGH but I am his sister and mother of the beautiful boy that appears many times on this site. What you did not know, as he intended it that way, is that my brother had Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) as well. He adored his niece and nephews and it broke his heart to know that Lucien would face many of the same challenges as he had. We lost my incredible brother on June 10th to complications of SMA and we miss him terribly. The woot fun, the crazy contests, and especially the community was a big part of his life for quite some time. It is so touching to peek on here periodically and see you unknowingly honoring him the way you have by keeping the SMA charity thread alive. Thank you and blessings to you all.

Christie
kadence3600@sbcglobal.net

PS I would post an updated picture but I am not near as savvy as my brother and do not know how. If you are want to, e-mail me and I will send one to be posted.



A year ago today.
I never would have believed I would miss someone I never met so much.
Never.
The picture of Lucien, the beautiful child is missing. I hope and pray all is well with you Lucien.
Your beautiful sister and fuzzy headed brother too.

ARGH, your memory will stay alive in the minds and hearts of the people you know here, forever.
WE LURV YOU! DORK!

Please be a part of the cure.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

What the heck! The picture of the beautiful one is back!!!!!
I swear,Gman, you are right, Argh is still here! That picture was gone this morning. Every place it was, was a little blue box.
Now it is back.

Luv ya Argh! Still a little scared of you, but luv ya just the same!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

GodfatherND


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND

Late night bump.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

http://www.stjude.org/about

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Good night bump

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:Good night bump




WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Corrado


quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Well, geez, I didn't even know this thread existed (shows how often this Vol Mod makes it over to EBW.)

So I'll go on-topic and whore myself out for a bit to talk about a charity I'm supporting this weekend and what *you* can do if you want to help (participants are welcome, but I don't expect to get any takers on this one). Anyone in the BTV area who wants to join in, PM me and I'll get you details!

This Saturday, I'll be participating in the annual Penguin Plunge to support Special Olympics Vermont.



Special Olympics Vermont is incorporated as a Vermont non-profit corporation [501(c)(3)]. THey are accredited every two years by Special Olympics, Inc.
and are a volunteer managed collection of community and school based teams from throughout Vermont with the sole purpose of providing sports training and athletic competition to persons with intellectual disabilities, ultimately changing their lives and lives and attitudes of hundreds for volunteers.

For those unfamiliar with the concept of a "Penguin Plunge" it's essentially the same notion as the Polar Bear Club. Groups of semi-sane people decide to take a dip in 33-degree (F, not C) Lake Champlain (after the Coast Guard has chipped the ice away from the 'launching' area.

The Penguin Plunge link above as well as the links in my signature will take you to the site that's managing the online donations for this event.

So far I've raised nearly $1000 for Special Olympics Vermont and the VAST MAJORITY of that has come from fellow forum members here @ *.woot.com in $10 here and $25 there.

That page will stay up until early April, but my goal is to have the majority of donations in by this Friday so we can see how our team did for total fundraising (we're at just over $10,000 now and hope to surpass the $17,000+ we raised last year).

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado
**********************


It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Special Olympics was one of ARGH's charities.
Plus Corrado will post pictures!
What more do you need to give some money???

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Corrado


quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:Special Olympics was one of ARGH's charities.
Plus Corrado will post pictures!
What more do you need to give some money???




If I get to $1500, I'll make sure my clothes are ON. :D

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado
**********************


It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Corrado wrote:Well, geez, I didn't even know this thread existed (shows how often this Vol Mod makes it over to EBW.)

So I'll go on-topic and whore myself out for a bit to talk about a charity I'm supporting this weekend and what *you* can do if you want to help (participants are welcome, but I don't expect to get any takers on this one). Anyone in the BTV area who wants to join in, PM me and I'll get you details!

This Saturday, I'll be participating in the annual Penguin Plunge to support Special Olympics Vermont.



Special Olympics Vermont is incorporated as a Vermont non-profit corporation [501(c)(3)]. THey are accredited every two years by Special Olympics, Inc.
and are a volunteer managed collection of community and school based teams from throughout Vermont with the sole purpose of providing sports training and athletic competition to persons with intellectual disabilities, ultimately changing their lives and lives and attitudes of hundreds for volunteers.

For those unfamiliar with the concept of a "Penguin Plunge" it's essentially the same notion as the Polar Bear Club. Groups of semi-sane people decide to take a dip in 33-degree (F, not C) Lake Champlain (after the Coast Guard has chipped the ice away from the 'launching' area.

The Penguin Plunge link above as well as the links in my signature will take you to the site that's managing the online donations for this event.

So far I've raised nearly $1000 for Special Olympics Vermont and the VAST MAJORITY of that has come from fellow forum members here @ *.woot.com in $10 here and $25 there.

That page will stay up until early April, but my goal is to have the majority of donations in by this Friday so we can see how our team did for total fundraising (we're at just over $10,000 now and hope to surpass the $17,000+ we raised last year).



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Corrado


quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Corrado wrote:If I get to $1500, I'll make sure my clothes are ON. :D



Almost @ $1400! Jumping tomorrow. In the snow.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado
**********************


It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

allawayr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages allawayr
Corrado wrote:Almost @ $1400! Jumping tomorrow. In the snow.





Edit: link to fullsize fixed

Corrado


quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

allawayr wrote:

Edit: link to fullsize fixed



Wow! Thanks for posting that. That's almost entirely donations from THIS COMMUNITY. I think I'm at actually 34 now based on tonight's activity (and cracked the $1500 mark, so no nudie pics of moi) .

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado
**********************


It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Corrado wrote:Almost @ $1400! Jumping tomorrow. In the snow.


Now we wait for the pictures!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

allawayr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages allawayr
Corrado wrote:Wow! Thanks for posting that. That's almost entirely donations from THIS COMMUNITY. I think I'm at actually 34 now based on tonight's activity (and cracked the $1500 mark, so no nudie pics of moi) .



Hope it's going/went well

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I wonder if he posted the pictures anywhere?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

allawayr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages allawayr
dontwantaname wrote:I wonder if he posted the pictures anywhere?



I want to see them

Corrado


quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:I wonder if he posted the pictures anywhere?



Hit wine.woot with 'em, but forgot to post here:

2008 Penguin Plunge

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado
**********************


It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Corrado wrote:Hit wine.woot with 'em, but forgot to post here:

2008 Penguin Plunge


That looked extra cold, since we really haven't had winter yet!

Looks like you all had fun!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.