+ Add a Comment

jeffmdaemon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffmdaemon
Superllama7 wrote:

I agree that Streets and Trips is an excellent solution; it's got tons of options for routing according to how fast you drive on certain types of roads, schedules fuel stops according to your input of your vehicle's fuel economy, and - best of all - it allows you to drag your route to another street if you just happen to want to go a little bit different way than the most efficient.

But trying to manipulate the maps on a laptop while driving is a serious compromise of vehicular safety. And stuff. I think that kit also comes with the software to load into Pocket PC operating systems, so if you already have a windows-based PDA, it would probably work better (combined with Streets and Trips) than this product.

I Wouldn't be fiddling with my route while driving on ANY gps. If I need to do anything more then toggle night mode, repeat instructions, or re-generate a route (if i go off course) then I pull over, or I'm at a stop light.

landon1401

quality posts: 0 Private Messages landon1401

Not that anyone could really give a rat's posterior, but I just had to share that I've been a Woot member for close to a year now and I have just made my first purchase!
Please excuse me....I feel something running down my leg.

natevb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natevb

Does anybody know if this accepts GPS Coordinates? I have to visit cell phone towers and such that are located by coordinates and not street addresses.

rgarffie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rgarffie

Can someone confirm or deny whether this GPS has a easy volume control and how does the product look like at night?

maassen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages maassen

Hopefully it doesn't suck. I just knocked out Father's Day and Mother's Day with my 3rd Woot ever. Cheap or not, us broke college kids have a hard time spending $165 on anything (unless it's for yourself).

warning1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warning1

Nav-Cam technical support number: 866-268-8515

knarfy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knarfy

For all those folks who can't understand buying a GPS Nav system when maps are available........let's all take out our slide rule and do some math!!

lyda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lyda

Joined today. I've watched woot for a long.....time.
Be kind to me on my first purchase.

Stairman

David Silvia

Mattmeister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mattmeister

I pretty much know how to get ANYWHERE within 3 hours (batt life) of my house!HAHAHAHAHAHHHHH
Oh, wait you better only go 1 1/2 hours away so you wont get lost on the way back!!!!!!!!!

NetworkGenius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NetworkGenius
mrodway wrote:I always rationalize my w00t addiction by telling myself I can always sell it for more on eBay...

Heh - I'm rationalizing this (my first woot!) by telling myself I can sell my OLD GPS on eBay. ;-)

cicpa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cicpa
evilnissan wrote:I have been wanting a GPS for my car so I dont have to worry about getting lost on my many adventures but I am flat broke.... Damn you woot, why couldnt you put this up thursday or friday when I get paid.

Be a good american & put it on plastic!

aceattorney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aceattorney

So does this or doesn't it do door to door?

mkelvin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mkelvin

'Love the Prisoner reference. Growling white balls....

http://www.retroweb.com/prisoner.html for those not in the know!

Kommie2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kommie2000
aceattorney wrote: So does this or doesn't it do door to door?

YES, it does door-to-door. You start at the Zip code level and then you enter an address after that.

ivioo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ivioo
natevb wrote:Does anybody know if this accepts GPS Coordinates? I have to visit cell phone towers and such that are located by coordinates and not street addresses.

I'm not sure if this does or not but there are websites that convert an address to coordinates or the other way around but i know that would sux

Shut up and take my money...again

aceattorney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aceattorney
Kommie2000 wrote:

YES, it does door-to-door. You start at the Zip code level and then you enter an address after that.

Ok great, I bit right before I read your post. Good to know that it does work.

But what if I don't know the zip code?

Spyderdan56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spyderdan56

Wow...after years of being a Woot Window Shopper, I lost my Woot virginity today. I'm in for one! But that $13.60 Texas tax wasn't a bit nice.

i95rr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages i95rr
pekozpub wrote:Why are these so popular? Do people really have that much trouble reading a map?

Is not that easy to read a map and drive. I love these things, best device they ever came up with. They should have these in all cabs.

Its gonna be a lot of slow singing and flower bringing if my burglar alarm starts ringing!!!

steinhof

quality posts: 1 Private Messages steinhof
dmcdunnd wrote:

Mounting isn't the problem. Gadgets for motorcycles can be mounted on the handlebars with mounting brackets designed for motorcycles. Many GPS' don't hold up to the vibration. And the description doesn't give me a clue. :-(

If your bike is vibrating that much, it's time for a real bike...

take5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages take5

can you plug this in to your cig lighter, while running it (so you can get unlimited time on it)

chirolisa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chirolisa

Wow, so I can use it in my car, then jump out and go geocaching!?! what a perfect woot for spring. Yay! Now, if it loads the geocache coordinates straight from my computer, I will be a happy happy camper :-)

TFeuer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TFeuer

I just bought my girlfriend a TomTom, and this looks about as good for almost half the price.

TFeuer

liz34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liz34

I just bought a Tom Tom One for $300, but I haven't opened it yet. Should I return it and get this one?

blackhole077

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackhole077

Been debating for awhile now and finally pulled the plug. Hopefully it works as expected...

sumlouzhegai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sumlouzhegai
Spyderdan56 wrote:Wow...after years of being a Woot Window Shopper, I lost my Woot virginity today. I'm in for one! But that $13.60 Texas tax wasn't a bit nice.

Think of the tax as extra "shipping" costs.....you get your stuff faster than the rest of us, hehe...

farmerator

quality posts: 1 Private Messages farmerator

I just bought one. I guess I'll find out if it really is door-to-door as described.

RedLyon

quality posts: 4 Private Messages RedLyon

I've been on hold with Nav Cam technical support for over 10 minutes with nothing but annoying piano music--not a good sign.

fszalay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fszalay

Just bought my first Woot!

Hopefully this was a good purchase. (if not .. I smell a present for someone)

iddy92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iddy92
liz34 wrote:I just bought a Tom Tom One for $300, but I haven't opened it yet. Should I return it and get this one?

this one seems to have mixed reviews.......maybe get both and try which one u like better and then return/resell on ebay the inferior of the two?

psymonkey

quality posts: 4 Private Messages psymonkey

I'm in for one. Headed on vacation in a month - figure I'll use it for navigation while I'm gone, + most rental cars have a port for an MP3 player, so I'll load up a 2gb card w/ choons, and sell it if its garbage for about what I paid ;-) Gracias Woot.

hchanrn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hchanrn
sarahcourtney wrote:I just bought a Garmin Nuvi two days ago...IT IS REALLY FAST!
Good night!

bought my Garmin Nuvi 350 3 weeks ago. Taking it back to costco. Stopped acquiring satellites. Search the web for this on going problem. I got this unit instead because most of the time I travel to places that I am familar with. I only use it when I am going to some where I arm really not familar with. Most of the time I can figure out how to back track. The Garmin was really great when it worked. Incredibly fast....but like I stated worked great when it worked. Really frustating when it wasn't working in the middle of my trip.

BatteryMan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BatteryMan

I'm in for one. I've been toying with buying a Nav for some time, just, with a new house and a 2-year old, I just haven't been able to justify the cost with the wife. But I figure, since I spent about $200 on her Mother's Day gifts, and she'll get to use this on occasion anyway, it's time.

No, it's probably not the fastest nav out there. And no, it probably won't last forever, but for what you get here, it's worth it. I've seen one or two on Woot in the past that don't have touchscreen, so you have to use a 5-way nav to arrow through the alphabet and 'select' each letter to enter addresses... no thanks. This is door-to-door, easy address entry, gives spoken voice directions, comes with all mounting hardware and built-in maps, it's NEW (not refurb (rox0rz!) or remanufactured) and it's under $175.

It doesn't clean the floor, but Woot will take care of that request in less than 10 days guaranteed with another Boring Old Cleaner, so...

Barbiekay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barbiekay
landon1401 wrote:Not that anyone could really give a rat's posterior, but I just had to share that I've been a Woot member for close to a year now and I have just made my first purchase!
Please excuse me....I feel something running down my leg.

Congrats!

17 total Woots
Total Woot wage $940.79

Barbiekay

RedLyon wrote:I've been on hold with Nav Cam technical support for over 10 minutes with nothing but annoying piano music--not a good sign.

Welcome to the REAL world

17 total Woots
Total Woot wage $940.79

Barbiekay

sumlouzhegai wrote:

Think of the tax as extra "shipping" costs.....you get your stuff faster than the rest of us, hehe...

I thought woot had a code you could use to get the tax back for Texans

17 total Woots
Total Woot wage $940.79

RedLyon

quality posts: 4 Private Messages RedLyon

Speaking to tech support for this unit now. Geocaching is not supported. You cannot enter an exact address, you have to narrow it down to a generic block and then visually hunt for your exact location. The street names are not announced, only highway numbers, and the maps are from last year. Any new updates will likely be for at a cost to the end user when they come out sometime in the future.

Hope this helps someone. I'm still on the fence and it's bouncing like crazy.

soupbonecapone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soupbonecapone

In for 1. How can you go wrong? WOOT WOOOOOOOOT!

mrackley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrackley

I'm in for one... even though I just got chewed out by my wife for it

Woot must have a ton of these to not be sold out by now.

You can't fix stupid...

dustysmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustysmom
Barbiekay wrote:

I thought woot had a code you could use to get the tax back for Texans

If it is being delivered to Texas, you enter 'TAXSUCKS' and get a $5 discount. So you get shipping back, but not the sales tax.

wooter since 2004.

rogershsv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogershsv

In for one. We just tried out the MS Streets & Trips 2006 from Woot! yesterday, and it worked fine (and only $50) but my wife quickly got tired of the computer sitting on her lap. We'll see how she feels about my spending so much more :-O

-Martin <><