jackjord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackjord

It's a real pleasure trying to return a defective item to woot. Good luck. I will not be buying anything else from this site. They will not even acknowledge a request- Outstanding customer service!
I have purchased a number of items from woot and was satisfied with shipping service. However, when I received an item that was "broke", it's a nightmare.

TimUSCA

quality posts: 7 Private Messages TimUSCA
jackjord wrote:It's a real pleasure trying to return a defective item to woot. Good luck. I will not be buying anything else from this site. They will not even acknowledge a request- Outstanding customer service!
I have purchased a number of items from woot and was satisfied with shipping service. However, when I received an item that was "broke", it's a nightmare.

Maybe its because you said it was "broke" instead of "broken"?

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
jackjord wrote:It's a real pleasure trying to return a defective item to woot. Good luck. I will not be buying anything else from this site. They will not even acknowledge a request- Outstanding customer service!

When did you email in? (The RMA department is out of the office over the weekend.) Did you check your spam filters? Are you sure you sent the email to rma@woot.com with your order number and a detailed description of the problem? DId you attempt to contact the manufacturer first?

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

jackjord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackjord
Gatzby wrote:

When did you email in? (The RMA department is out of the office over the weekend.) Did you check your spam filters? Are you sure you sent the email to rma@woot.com with your order number and a detailed description of the problem? DId you attempt to contact the manufacturer first?

Gatsby: My bad, was a little impatient. Woot has contacted me and there is not a problem returning the item. My apologies to woot. I did contact the manufactured and they requested I contact the seller.
Thanks.

And to TimUSCA, did you notice “broke” is in quotes? It was a joke you silly goose.
Silly goose is not the term I used. Apparently the site replaces some phrases with softer, milder terms.

TimUSCA

quality posts: 7 Private Messages TimUSCA
jackjord wrote:
And to TimUSCA, did you notice “broke” is in quotes? It was a joke you silly goose.
Silly goose is not the term I used. Apparently the site replaces some phrases with softer, milder terms.

Dude, it was a joke. Settle down there, Sparky.

realwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realwoot

I am glad your problem seems to be corrected. My personal experience with WOOT and an item that I didn't "LIKE" was fantastic. The staff GAVE A FULL REFUND and I didn't even have to ship the item back. A little patience is a wonderful thing...

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926

It really seems like this outcome happens a lot.

People don't seem to realize the wonders of emailing the right place.

[MOD: No advertising please]

centexman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages centexman

I know that the one time (yes, only ONCE!) that I had a serious problem with a Woot! product, it was resolved quickly. eMails back and forth were done in a matter of hours, not days. I did get an RMA and returned the defective product when the replacement arrived. I find customer service at Woot! to be FAR superior to service I've received at most any other place, including brick and mortar stores where I'm standing right in front of the CS guy/gal. Thanks, Woot! You've got a loyal customer here. (So far..... grin)

Froggypwns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Froggypwns

Same here with the good support. My only issue was about a year ago. I ordered some walkie talkies and one of them had a defective battery. The forums said a lot of people had this issue and to email woot, so i did and a few days later i had a new battery and all is good.

curzirw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curzirw

After buying several items from Woot and being satisfied, I just received a product that is a piece of crap. It is the AR sound dock only $20 but that is gone now because you can't return an item that is unsatisfactory. It has to be defective. Goodbye Woot I will miss your witty write ups.

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

curzirw wrote:After buying several items from Woot and being satisfied, I just received a product that is a piece of crap. It is the AR sound dock only $20 but that is gone now because you can't return an item that is unsatisfactory. It has to be defective. Goodbye Woot I will miss your witty write ups.

That's no good. Did it come defective or something? Email us at service@woot.com and I'm sure we can help you out.

rcallain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcallain

How can I return something that I don't "like". It wasn't what I expected at all. It's not buyers remorse, it's the fact that I thought I was getting something with certain features, but did not. They weren't cheap either.

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12

I just wanted to say that in all my woot purchases I have only gotten one shoody product & that was not Woot's fault. I bought a video monitor & did not *need* to use it right away, so I did not even try to hook it up until some months later. Intially it worked well (for the first 3 uses - about 10-12 hrs use time total) the 4th time it began shutting itself off. Due to the length of time since purchase I just contacted the manufacturer who made some suggestions. they told me to remove the battery & reinstall it, etc. My techie Dh also took teh battery out & then clean all teh component connections with lint free cleaners he uses for computer components, etc... no use. It just turns itself off repeatedly after about 10-15 seconds. Motorola has bene zero help (will not be areturn customer of theirs) and so I ahve a dud monitor. It stinks, but that happens in other scenarios too. I am a "shop ahead" kind of person, as in I aim to be done with Christmas almost completely by Sept 1st. So I have also had this issue with brick & mortar stores because I can't very well pre-open everyone's gifts & check them before giving...LOL It saves me a TON of money at the end of the year if I look at the deals I got by being willing to shop early & take advantage of bargains all year rather than wait & shop last minute (I have done it both ways & believe me - I spend half as much shopping ahead) - so I figure the few times I get a dud is worth the risk & I still come out ahead.

We also owned a retail business for a number of years, so I also understand why stores & sites have to have the policies they do as well regarding return windows & such. Defective products really should be the problem of the maker, not the seller. They are the one at fault. The seller only is truly responsible for getting the item you want to you at the price agreed to in a reasonable amount of time. Many will work with you beyond that - but that is out of being courteous & giving excellent service.

Thanks woot. Any problems you could help me with, you always have.

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rcallain wrote:How can I return something that I don't "like". It wasn't what I expected at all. It's not buyers remorse, it's the fact that I thought I was getting something with certain features, but did not. They weren't cheap either.

If the product did not have the features as we advertised them, please contact service@woot.com.

If the features were as advertised, refer to the Woot FAQ which covers this topic pretty well.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders