BrotherD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrotherD
sisterC wrote:yeah you do.

If I did we wouldn't fight so much

sisterC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sisterC
BrotherD wrote:If I did we wouldn't fight so much

i instigate it a lot though. i don't know why.

mad dogs and englishmen...i still want the great dane!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', rn&w

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

sisterC

AZGman wrote:Mornin', rn&w

not just a morning but a wonderful one at that! and how are you today? damn sun i shining a bit brightly again but i don't mind because it looks like we have a great breeze out there! high of 73 with 20 to 30 mph winds today! central air is getting shut off! need coffee now!

AZGman

sisterC wrote:not just a morning but a wonderful one at that! and how are you today? damn sun i shining a bit brightly again but i don't mind because it looks like we have a great breeze out there! high of 73 with 20 to 30 mph winds today! central air is getting shut off! need coffee now!

Hiya, s'C . . . you sound bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this ayem!!

sisterC

AZGman wrote:Hiya, s'C . . . you sound bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this ayem!!

yep, this is my favorite weather!

sisterC

it's going to be in the low 40's tonight! need to pull out the down comforters and wash them. baby brother...you know this crap heads towards you when it's done here so make sure you have enough extra thermals for your hiking trip! i don't want to hear that something froze unless it involves a can of...you know

i can put some leathers on tonight and go for a midnight stroll...i love this!

edit: make that roller blading rather than a stroll. yep done deal. that's what i will be doing round midnight!

AZGman

sisterC wrote:it's going to be in the low 40's tonight! need to pull out the down comforters and wash them. baby brother...you know this crap heads towards you when it's done here so make sure you have enough extra thermals for your hiking trip! i don't want to hear that something froze unless it involves a can of...you know

i can put some leathers on tonight and go for a midnight stroll...i love this!

edit: make that roller blading rather than a stroll. yep done deal. that's what i will be doing round midnight!

Roller blading . . . well, it's better than sling blading or blade running . . .

BrotherJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrotherJ
AZGman wrote:Roller blading . . . well, it's better than sling blading or blade running . . .

ummm hummmmm......

morning sis, gman, brotherd, et al... Heading into the woods for five days (well...four plus drive time). Leaving early Wed (3or4 AM) back late Sun night. If I don't talk to you today, talk to you on Monday.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish...

sisterC

AZGman wrote:Roller blading . . . well, it's better than sling blading or blade running . . .

what do those terms mean? i've heard them and know one was a film though i never saw it. blade can be slang for sex so...make me smarter lulz

sisterC

BrotherJ wrote:ummm hummmmm......

morning sis, gman, brotherd, et al... Heading into the woods for five days (well...four plus drive time). Leaving early Wed (3or4 AM) back late Sun night. If I don't talk to you today, talk to you on Monday.

are you working today? did you see my email? thermals!!!! did i remind you enough? i wish i was going with you! we would surely have some fun.

AZGman

sisterC wrote:what do those terms mean? i've heard them and know one was a film though i never saw it. blade can be slang for sex so...make me smarter lulz

They're simply blade references - both movies "Sling Blade" (which I've never seen and know nothing about,) and "Blade Runner" an older but quite good S.F. movie.

tall4agirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tall4agirl
BrotherJ wrote:

Have a good trip and stay safe.

AZGman

Stay dry and enjoy!!

BrotherJ

sisterC wrote:what do those terms mean? i've heard them and know one was a film though i never saw it. blade can be slang for sex so...make me smarter lulz

a sling blade is a hand scythe....basically a blade on a short handle that cuts grass (or skulls) by swinging it like a pendulum.

blade running...no idea other than the Harrison Ford movie blade runner...bounty hunter that kills run away androids (from the Phillip Dick book "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep"

Think I will take my down sleeping bag just in case. I love waking up in the morning with frost on my eye lashes...kind of lets you know that life is real for a change. I have no doubt whatsoever that we could find something to do sister.

sisterC

BrotherJ wrote:a sling blade is a hand scythe....basically a blade on a short handle that cuts grass (or skulls) by swinging it like a pendulum.

blade running...no idea other than the Harrison Ford movie blade runner...bounty hunter that kills run away androids (from the Phillip Dick book "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep"

Think I will take my down sleeping bag just in case. I love waking up in the morning with frost on my eye lashes...kind of lets you know that life is real for a change. I have no doubt whatsoever that we could find something to do sister.

sounds like roller blading is safer for me though we do have a scythe that i use once in a while in the garden.

it sounds so good even thinking about sleeping outdoors tonight! can i rough it by the pool on a chaise with a feather mattress under me? uh light the outdoor fireplace too? i can pee by the bushes to make it more realistic...

lulz i gotta run for a bit. have to find a tennis ball for the down going in the dryer.

BrotherD

Do you take anything for protection? Remind me to tell you about the rabid fox incident...

sisterC

BrotherD wrote:Do you take anything for protection? Remind me to tell you about the rabid fox incident...

rabid fox?

BrotherJ

BrotherD wrote:Do you take anything for protection? Remind me to tell you about the rabid fox incident...

when in bear country I usually take a .44 or .357. I closest call that I am aware of was a huge black bear and two cubs that I happened upon in northern PA. We saw each other at about 150 yards...not close enough to threaten her...I backed off and went around the clearing that they were in.

AZGman

BrotherJ wrote:when in bear country I usually take a .44 or .357. I closest call that I am aware of was a huge black bear and two cubs that I happened upon in northern PA. We saw each other at about 150 yards...not close enough to threaten her...I backed off and went around the clearing that they were in.

Maybe you should take a pic-a-nic basket to lure the bears away!!

BrotherJ

AZGman wrote:Maybe you should take a pic-a-nic basket to lure the bears away!!

Nah...just a camera this time. Maybe I can beat them with the telephoto lens.

AZGman

BrotherJ wrote:Nah...just a camera this time. Maybe I can beat them with the telephoto lens.

Yogi and Booboo would rather have a pic-a-nic basket, Mr. Ranger, sir!

sisterC

AZGman wrote:Yogi and Booboo would rather have a pic-a-nic basket, Mr. Ranger, sir!

bro j did i not tell you yesterday or the day before you would get bit by yogi? see!

BrotherJ

sisterC wrote:bro j did i not tell you yesterday or the day before you would get bit by yogi? see!

yogi just wants a tummy rub...not a problem with that...bestiality and all...

Deliverance or the bear from a wildlife movie...not so much.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Maybe you should take a pic-a-nic basket to lure the bears away!!

If you go out in the woods today
You're sure of a big surprise.
If you go out in the woods today
You'd better go in disguise.

For every bear that ever there was
Will gather there for certain, because
Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

sisterC

BrotherJ wrote:yogi just wants a tummy rub...not a problem with that...bestiality and all...

Deliverance or the bear from a wildlife movie...not so much.

~shaking my head...you are going north right?~

BrotherJ

sisterC wrote:~shaking my head...you are going north right?~

while I do like to go south, this trip will be north.

sisterC

BrotherJ wrote:while I do like to go south, this trip will be north.

bad, er, good boy! but i was talking about the trip...ny, not bama or anything like that. damn, another disclaimer for anyone living in bama or anyplace south...we all saw that movie! bears in the woods up north...cousins...oh shut me up! rotflmao. what am i going to do without you for 4 days? i'll go crazier!

sisterC

ok baby bro...my brain is overtaxed at the moment and i can feel someone's anger level being raised. my apologies to that someone special don't ground me please... spank but ...i'm going to take a nice cold shower and will talk to you later lil bro.

BrotherJ

sisterC wrote:ok baby bro...my brain is overtaxed at the moment and i can feel someone's anger level being raised. my apologies to that someone special don't ground me please... spank but ...i'm going to take a nice cold shower and will talk to you later lil bro.

email, please...

sisterC

BrotherJ wrote:email, please...

replied. shower may have taken a long time

BrotherJ

sisterC wrote:replied. shower may have taken a long time

long showers are hardly ever a bad thing. In fact they can be quite refreshing. ;)

sisterC

BrotherJ wrote:long showers are hardly ever a bad thing. In fact they can be quite refreshing. ;)

invigorating. and when you take a cold one no worries about the water turning cold...you know what i mean?

sisterC

4:30pm here just sent reply to the last one. any suggestions would be great cause that's not my thing. geeze that sounds good doesn't it? lulz

BrotherD

BrotherJ wrote:when in bear country I usually take a .44 or .357. I closest call that I am aware of was a huge black bear and two cubs that I happened upon in northern PA. We saw each other at about 150 yards...not close enough to threaten her...I backed off and went around the clearing that they were in.

On this particular occasion I was cutting the grass at my place in WVa. My Brother and his two boys were there as well. I was on the riding mower, one of my nephews was on my lap steering.

A fox came out of the woods right by us and my first thought was hey, cool. About a millisecond later my thought was crap, I shouldn’t be seeing this. I killed the mower and put the boy off on the opposite side and told him to run to the trailer. By the time I got off the mower the fox was right there. I kicked it in the head as hard as I could, that dazed it and I ran to my brother’s truck where my gun was. When I am camping I always bring my S&W 659 (stainless steel(no rust)). Since the boys were along I had it unloaded (I also usually sleep in a hammock, then it is loaded and in my shoulder holster).

By now my brother had noticed what was going on and came running to help. He grabbed a weed wacker (not running) and was holding the fox at bay while my back was turned loading the clip (I remember I was yelling watch my back (I didn’t need to do that)). I put in 4 cartridges, my brother was yelling hurry. I chambered a round just as my brother made a really good jab at the fox. It had decided it had enough and turned and was trotting off.

I was having none of that. The last thing I wanted was to deal with this guy in the dark so I ran after it. I took one shot and missed. The fox turned around and started back at me, took another shot, missed. I realized the situation I was in (put myself in) took a deep breath, fired and was rewarded with a very satisfying yelp. The last round was used just because I was pissed, it was already dead.

Just be careful BrotherJ. I usually just worry about snakes around there, never have seen a bear there.

AZGman

Evenin', Bro'D

BrotherD

AZGman wrote:Evenin', Bro'D

Hey, AZ - what a crappy day at work, classic someone screws something up so I (my team) gets to fix it. Friday?

AZGman

BrotherD wrote:Hey, AZ - what a crappy day at work, classic someone screws something up so I (my team) gets to fix it. Friday?

Afraid I can't fix it on Friday . . . can I not fix it next Tuesday instead?

sorry . . . couldn't stop myself from being me.

BrotherD

AZGman wrote:Afraid I can't fix it on Friday . . . can I not fix it next Tuesday instead?

sorry . . . couldn't stop myself from being me.

wouldn't want ya to

AZGman

BrotherD wrote:wouldn't want ya to

me too either