LTYS1004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LTYS1004

Does anybody even wear a watch anymore? Everyone I know pulls out their cell to check the time.

liammc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages liammc
Catawaba wrote:Nope. Does it take a lickin' and keep on tickin'?

My timex watche's bands break before the actual watch

The tree leaves are dead.

chrislc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chrislc
normalbrains wrote:People dont use watches anymore. Look around.

You're absolutely right. Nobody wears...hey wait!....what's this thing that has wrapped itself around my wrist?!?....OH NO! IT WON'T LET GO!....AHHH!!! IT'S TICKING!!! IT MUST BE A...wait...oh yeah. It's my watch. Guess we were wrong about nobody wearing these things anymore.

- Insert Signature Here -

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

It's a dive watch my geeklings. water resistant to 600+ feet. I wouldn't want to take a really nice watch down there anyway, as who wants to lose a really expensive watch or risk damaging it while diving? Listed elsewhere for $250, this looks like a solid woot for those who don't want to look at fish on a screen.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004
fattybign wrote:MSRP of $249.99... excellent woot.

Can't find it for less than $200 on any of the comparison shopping engines... GET IT WHILE ITS HOT sirs... me, i'll pass... this would look silly on my dainty wrist... and i don't much need an ankle watch... and hubby's all watched up this year.... oh well.

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

liammc

In hospitals some enforce you turn off you cell phones, not just the ringers. So if you an employee you listen (Sometimes) So a watch is a way to make sure you get your mandatory breaks on-time.

drstogie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drstogie

These make good groomsmen gifts. Anyone getting married?

mem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mem

http://www.joediveramerica.com/page/JDA/PROD/watch/7560

kwelles

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kwelles

A lot of posts about what this retails for........
and that means what? nothing. go to Amazon. do you see any reviews for any of these in any style or color, men's or women's? no.
what does that tell you? no one buys these.
have any of you ever heard of this brand before? No.
Are any of you deep sea divers that need this performance? maybe one or two of you. maybe.
one of th worst woots I can remember is this one.

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang
LTYS1004 wrote:Does anybody even wear a watch anymore? Everyone I know pulls out their cell to check the time.

How ghetto is that? I'm sure some people will use the cell phone's stopwatch as a split timer when running.

mudman2007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mudman2007

­

Equinox1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Equinox1

Every guy should have a watch on their wrist regardless. Whether it be this one or not is up to you.

liammc

kwelles wrote:A lot of posts about what this retails for........
and that means what? nothing. go to Amazon. do you see any reviews for any of these in any style or color, men's or women's? no.
what does that tell you? no one buys these.
have any of you ever heard of this brand before? No.
Are any of you deep sea divers that need this performance? maybe one or two of you. maybe.
one of th worst woots I can remember is this one.

I care what they retail for. I like to give "expensive" cheap purchased gifts away during the holidays

syntax1269

quality posts: 1 Private Messages syntax1269
mudman2007 wrote:

Where's the free $60 pen?

that is where the savings are!

DanielW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DanielW

Omega is not a parent company of Tissot.
Swatch is the parent company of Tissot. Swatch is also the parent company of Omega.

Here's my two automatic watches. I use the Omega for work, and I use the G-SAR when I know it will get abused. It's a helluva tough watch.

kwelles

liammc wrote:I care what they retail for. I like to give "expensive" cheap purchased gifts away during the holidays

will the recipient know what they retail for? If I got one of these, I would think that it was from the bargain bin at Walgreens. seriously, that's what it looks like. A $10 watch.

RioMo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RioMo

I love the idiots that come onto this site and say things like, "does anybody actually wear a watch anymore?" Because digging in your pocket and pulling out your mobile phone to look at the time is SO MUCH EASIER than just looking at your wrist... morons.

philippz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages philippz

Fugly - you can get a nice Chinese watch for a fraction of this. This one is probably made in China too.

syntax1269

DanielW wrote:Omega is not a parent company of Tissot.
Swatch is the parent company of Tissot. Swatch is also the parent company of Omega.

Here's my two automatic watches. I use the Omega for work, and I use the G-SAR when I know it will get abused. It's a helluva tough watch.

and both look like a real watch!

parasanger

quality posts: 4 Private Messages parasanger
Equinox1 wrote:Every guy should have a watch on their wrist regardless. Whether it be this one or not is up to you.

According to whom? The 1959 guide to men's grooming?

suppawong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suppawong

nahh I like digital watches better

lmandtm69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lmandtm69
liammc wrote:Last time I purchased a watch from woot! it arrived with a dead battery.

At least it was right 2 times each day!

liammc

kwelles wrote:will the recipient know what they retail for? If I got one of these, I would think that it was from the bargain bin at Walgreens. seriously, that's what it looks like. A $10 watch.

Oh yes, I let them know

Incase they would need to have it fixed.

liammc

lmandtm69 wrote:At least it was right 2 times each day!

lulz nice, but they were digitals.

syntax1269

RioMo wrote:I love the idiots that come onto this site and say things like, "does anybody actually wear a watch anymore?" Because digging in your pocket and pulling out your mobile phone to look at the time is SO MUCH EASIER than just looking at your wrist... morons.

i just ask the guy next to me, and watch him mess around look for his phone. :-)

kwelles

liammc wrote:Oh yes, I let them know

Incase they would need to have it fixed.

do you always let your recipients know what the gifts you bought them cost? that's a little tacky, isn't it?

syntax1269

kwelles wrote:do you always let your recipients know what the gifts you bought them cost? that's a little tacky, isn't it?

tacky maybe, but i'm sure on youor b-day you will get somehting kewl at that price.

liammc

kwelles wrote:do you always let your recipients know what the gifts you bought them cost? that's a little tacky, isn't it?

It is, Yet if your old enough to remember that seinfeld
ep. You don't want someone throwing away a gift just because it's ugly.

syntax1269

liammc wrote:It is, Yet if your old enough to remember that seinfeld
ep. You don't want someone throwing away a gift just because it's ugly.

WOW! old ep. but so true, and they have to wear it when you come over for a visit

ale896

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ale896
liammc wrote:In hospitals some enforce you turn off you cell phones, not just the ringers. So if you an employee you listen (Sometimes) So a watch is a way to make sure you get your mandatory breaks on-time.

As a hospital employee, I can say that we can make sure we get our breaks on time by...
Looking at the time on our work pagers (ACK! Yes, I STILL have to carry one!)
Looking at the time on our computers
Looking at the time on our phone's LCD screen
Looking at the big clocks in all the patient rooms
Looking at the big clocks just about everywhere else in the hospital
and so on, and so on, and so on....

Not a solid reason to get this woot though. I'll pass too...besides, they lifted the cell phone ban where I work...

johnfourteensix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnfourteensix
RioMo wrote:I love the idiots that come onto this site and say things like, "does anybody actually wear a watch anymore?" Because digging in your pocket and pulling out your mobile phone to look at the time is SO MUCH EASIER than just looking at your wrist... morons.

If these folk are not wearing a watch, how will they know my fries are done? This is why my company cant get people to come to work on time. Too busy diddling with their phones...

BTW- Nice watch. I'm not in the market for one right now, but if I was, I would buy one. You won't break it...

metanoia29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metanoia29

Uh... did anyone else notice how ugly this thing is?

Or that no one wears watches anymore?

liammc

ale896 wrote:As a hospital employee, I can say that we can make sure we get our breaks on time by...
Looking at the time on our work pagers (ACK! Yes, I STILL have to carry one!)
Looking at the time on our computers
Looking at the time on our phone's LCD screen
Looking at the big clocks in all the patient rooms
Looking at the big clocks just about everywhere else in the hospital
and so on, and so on, and so on....

Not a solid reason to get this woot though. I'll pass too...besides, they lifted the cell phone ban where I work...

Not where my spouse works. And no clocks outside, and they still enforce no cell phones on the property. I disagree, But oh well.

jmbear12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmbear12

Oh, yeah... I forgot how presentable that awesome white spot is on an otherwise nicely tanned arm.

"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."

liammc

syntax1269 wrote:WOW! old ep. but so true, and they have to wear it when you come over for a visit

No silly. I hope nobody ever visits. Only for parties outside. Then it's too dark with the movies or EQ on the projector running. It's how they get away with it.

DanielW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DanielW
jmbear12 wrote:Oh, yeah... I forgot how presentable that awesome white spot is on an otherwise nicely tanned arm.

That's not a problem if you're always wearing a watch. I'm sure your thighs and butcheeks match your arm color too...

krhamit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krhamit
rlswim wrote:The time on the watch rocks!

According to the "greenhose warming clock" or the"nuclear end of the world clock" it is 11:59, so this watch is 2 minutes fast.

liammc

DanielW wrote:That's not a problem if you're always wearing a watch. I'm sure your thighs and butcheeks match your arm color too...

Yea tell em' . Some ppl like tan lines.

syntax1269

WHOA!! the thing is heavy as hell.
Weight: 198 grams = 0.436515 lb!!
it better stand up to some rough punishment
or if someone tries to steal it from you, you just hit them over the head with it.

vfrdirk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages vfrdirk

I'm looking at the Omega Speedmaster Triple Date on my wrist right now. I'm also looking at the Invicta ProDiver and Citizen Eco-Drive watches I've gotten from Woot! which are in my watch case with a dozen other watches. I don't feel dressed in the morning without one of my watches.

With respect to this Woot, however, I'm not excited by its appearance. The bezel seems too big for the dial which, to me, gives the watch a cheap look. Also, I favor self-winding automatics over quartz movements and a nice Invicta automatic can be had in this price range. If you like the super accuracy of a quartz movement, though, these Reactor watches seem to be well made with a stainless case, screw-down crown and mineral glass crystal.

How did I get over 200 Woot purchases?