gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
terrimeyers wrote:Hey Guys- am i missing something? ... where are the entries hiding. All i see is discussion of the derby itself.

Here.

justann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justann
terrimeyers wrote:Hey Guys- I was trying to look at the derby entries over at shirt.woot am i missing something? I click on the link from woot main page then on derbies...what next, where are the entries hiding. All i see is discussion of the derby itself.

The way I find it is to go to shirt.woot to the Today's Woot page where the Shirt du Jour is; in the right column is a link for the current week's Derby (above the regular woot link and the wine.woot link; below the I Want One/Sold Out button). That takes you to the actual Derby entries. Then to get to the discussion of the Derby, I click on The Community, then Derbies, which (as you found out) takes you to the discussion of the Derby, not the actual Derby as it would imply...

Here's my first try using my tablet and Inkscape.

terrimeyers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers
justann wrote:The way I find it is to go to shirt.woot to the Today's Woot page where the Shirt du Jour is; in the right column is a link for the current week's Derby (above the regular woot link and the wine.woot link; below the I Want One/Sold Out button). That takes you to the actual Derby entries. Then to get to the discussion of the Derby, I click on The Community, then Derbies, which (as you found out) takes you to the discussion of the Derby, not the actual Derby as it would imply...

gwp wrote:Here.

Thanks- Leave it to woot to make it so confusing. *sighs

Thanks SS for my new togs!

plinth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages plinth

Here are the entries - thanks to everyone who stooped so low in this contest!
Cast your vote via PM to me.

biggandyy

websorceror

carmicha

pute

Linad

darkzero

noodlenoggin

peglegwookie

twilighttone

no1

Josephus

Xexus

daj59

terrimeyers

JoeDeeDee

mwiseman

AlanSmitheeESQ

toby8915

darkzero

gwp

rallyemore

guiseppi

toadlet

CaptainPiracy - past the deadline, but we'll let you in

biggandyy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biggandyy

terrimeyers

plinth wrote:Here are the entries - thanks to everyone who stooped so low in this contest!
Cast your vote via PM to me.

Plinth
Hey-what happened to the other half of my chop? (the back of the box). *Sniffs* "nobody loves me", *slinks off*.

gwp

terrimeyers wrote:Plinth
Hey-what happened to the other half of my chop? (the back of the box). *Sniffs* "nobody loves me", *slinks off*.

Or Majit's Herbal Gerbil? And was Josephus channeling no1, or was no1's graphic attributed to him?

plinth

then relink them here for me. I knew I'd make somebody cry.

AlanSmitheeESQ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlanSmitheeESQ

The link for my entry should be http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t249/AlanSmitheeESQ_photo/wamisil.jpg It's pointing to that ugly foot in the above post.

terrimeyers

The missing links

majit

terrimeyers

AlanSmitheeESQ

AlanSmitheeESQ

websorcerer wrote:When you convert an RGB image to Indexed, the dialog (in both GIMP and Photoshop) includes a default value of 256 colors. This value is changeable to any number from 2 to 256 before executing.

In Corel Painter Essentials, you must save the image as a GIF. It then gives a choice of 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, and 256 colors.

That's all the editors I have.

I'm using Photoshop cs3 and I can only find that B/W allows me to choose 2. Everything else requires 8 or more.

Right now I see A LOT of choices when I go to index a photo. I.E. for just PALLET I see:
PALLET--->LOCAL
PALLET--->SYSTEM
PALLET--->WEB
PALLET--->UNIFORM
PALLET--->LOCAL (PERPETUAL)
PALLET--->LOCAL (SELECTIVE)
PALLET--->LOCAL (ADAPTIVE)

and on some of those I am presented with
FORCED--->PRIMARIES
FORCED--->WEB
FORCED--->CUSTOM

As you can see I have a lot of choices and I get confused. Please assume I'm limited in mentality and I need step by step instructions. If I wanted to convert an image to 6 colors what do I choose to get there step by step? Thanks for your patience.

websorcerer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages websorcerer

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

here's mine. sniff.

ewww.

Josephus

majit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages majit

And Thank You, terrimeyers, for posting my entry for vote viewing. A few of us were left out of the original post.

plinth

majit wrote:

And Thank You, terrimeyers, for posting my entry for vote viewing. A few of us were left out of the original post.

Unless you pm'ed under a different user, I haven't gotten a vote from you.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Josephus

daj59 wrote:

that's hot !

gwp

daj59 wrote:

Two things:

First -- Hey! I thought all of those pictures were destroyed as a condition of the court settlement.

Second -- Look at the neat new feature on quoted replies linking back to the original post! Very cool.

AlanSmitheeESQ

AlanSmitheeESQ wrote:question

Please take another look at my question.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I have an Idea, If whoever wins can't think of anything.

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar

gwp wrote:Second -- Look at the neat new feature on quoted replies linking back to the original post! Very cool.

Yea, It is a lot of help, I had been wishing they would do that for a while now.

justann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justann

Here's my first try using my tablet and Inkscape.

carmicha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carmicha

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
plinth wrote:Create innovative product packaging and/or labeling for a powder to relieve ass itch or crotch rot.

Create your entry in your favorite medium and post it in pixels by 11:59 PM WST, Wednesday August 8th, 2007. Keep it under 501 pixels wide

Mr. Plinth,
I am afraid I must withdraw "Toxic Goo" from the competition. It does not depict a powder, nor does it conform to the maximum dimensions you have specified. Furthermore, it depicts warning symbols that are all protected by copyright, and for which I did not receive permission for use, so violates the law in that regard.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:Mr. Plinth,
I am afraid I must withdraw "Toxic Goo" from the competition. It does not depict a powder, nor does it conform to the maximum dimensions you have specified. Furthermore, it depicts warning symbols that are all protected by copyright, and for which I did not receive permission for use, so violates the law in that regard.

Oh please! Nice try but you're not getting out of it if you win this time.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

no1

daj59 wrote:Oh please! Nice try but you're not getting out of it if you win this time.

Ms. Daj,
I am only thinking of the integritty of the Dodgeball contests. There are many complaints in teh t-shirt derby regarding noncompliance with rules and violation of copyrights and such. The regular contest always has gadflys scolding peolpe about teh size of thier pictures exceeding the size limit. I dont' want Mr. Jehoshaphat to give me an angry parent/frowny eyebrow loook!

Josephus

no1 wrote:Ms. Daj,
I am only thinking of the integritty of the Dodgeball contests. There are many complaints in teh t-shirt derby regarding noncompliance with rules and violation of copyrights and such. The regular contest always has gadflys scolding peolpe about teh size of thier pictures exceeding the size limit. I dont' want Mr. Jehoshaphat to give me an angry parent/frowny eyebrow loook!

I would NEVER.
In regard to legality, you are involved in a contest that is itself a parody of the regular woot handout to the favorites and n00bs contest. There is nothing tangible gained if you win, and therefore you are not infringing on anyhting.

thus spake Jehoshaphatass.

Josephus

Mr. Plinth,
I am afraid I must withdraw "Groin Soap" from the competition. It does not depict a powder, nor does it conform to the maximum dimensions you have specified. Furthermore, it used a font that probably ought to be protected by copyright, and for which I did not receive permission for use, so violates the law in that regard.
Finally, I used Photopaint in such a way as to disable virtually all of its advanced features, effectively making it an expensive, relatively, version of paint. In this regard I clearly violated Corel's conditions of use and this also makes my image completely illegal as well as tasteless.

FenStar

no1 wrote:Ms. Daj,

No1, If you win I have the perfict contest 4 U.

no1

Josephus wrote:conditions of use

I can feel an angry frowny face. It's there. I know it.

no1

Josephus wrote:Furthermore, it used a font that probably ought to be protected by copyright, and for which I did not receive permission for use, so violates the law in that regard.

Mr. Cuppajoe, didn't you legally acquire that copy of Photopaint? then you have a lisence to use it.

no1

FenStar wrote:No1, If you win I have the perfict contest 4 U.

Mr. Star, the only prefect contest 4 me would be one that enriches my bank account.

gwp

Josephus wrote:Mr. Plinth,
I am afraid I must withdraw "Groin Soap" from the competition. It does not depict a powder, nor does it conform to the maximum dimensions you have specified. Furthermore, it used a font that probably ought to be protected by copyright, and for which I did not receive permission for use, so violates the law in that regard.
Finally, I used Photopaint in such a way as to disable virtually all of its advanced features, effectively making it an expensive, relatively, version of paint. In this regard I clearly violated Corel's conditions of use and this also makes my image completely illegal as well as tasteless.

Citizen Plinth: I hereby withdraw my entry "Roto-Rodent" from the competition. I exhibited flagrant and fragrant disregard for legislation establishing the boundaries, width-wise, past which no law-abiding citizen dare pass. I admit to 49 such violations on this occasion alone.

Recklessly avoiding compliance with theme adherence regulations, there was no powder in sight.

While not a mouse, the depiction of an anthropomorphic rodent in a derived work intended for humor is no doubt soon to bear the swift and severe wrath of the Disney Corporation, and the heirs to the estate of Walt Disney.

And finally, a gerbil with a lantern and wire brush, and a tiny hard hat is just preposterous. OSHA would have required self-contained breathing apparatus for such a deployment.

I am truly ashamed for my conduct. Please advise how I may make pennance.

FenStar

no1 wrote:Mr. Star, the only prefect contest 4 me would be one that enriches my bank account.

Give me your bank account # and I will enrich it by $7.

Josephus

no1 wrote:Mr. Cuppajoe, didn't you legally acquire that copy of Photopaint? then you have a lisence to use it.

while technically correct, I was in fact not using it but mis-using it, which violates the terms of use agreement I signed. As a consequence I can clearly not compete with the likes of you, and must step down into the fen (where I might drown).

no1

FenStar wrote:Give me your bank account # and I will enrich it by $7.

pi

Josephus

and the routing number?

oh, yeah, it's i, isn't it?

terrimeyers

er...um... I mean PM'd

I stole the font for this post, and am sure I have violated some laws by not giving credit to the sick f*ck who actually sh*t the letters.

plinth

Mr./Ms. Everyone, I must kindly withdraw my entire competition as it goes well beyond the boundaries of good taste....no wait! That was the whole point!

FWIW - I'm really enjoying this DB. It's brought out the best in you all, by inviting you to show off your worst (taste).