wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926

I'm back in.. I think I missed two weeks

I've been away a few Sundays and couldn't remember the website since I just have it bookmarked on my home computer!

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
wizard7926 wrote:I'm back in.. I think I missed two weeks

I've been away a few Sundays and couldn't remember the website since I just have it bookmarked on my home computer!

I'm glad you got in early this week.

I know there is at least one more person that needs to make picks before tonight too.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Time for some cool Brees.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

Curses! Foiled by SkekTek this week!

cruzer

kenney9226 wrote:Curses! Foiled by SkekTek this week!

Dang Skek! He can make his percentage jump up so much faster since he hasn't picked a couple of weeks!

PICKS!!! Make your picks!!

They lock Thursday night again!!!!!

cruzer

Picks!! picks!

Make your picks!!! Picks lock tonight!!!

Hurry! Hurry! We have a weak turn out so far.

kenney9226

cruzer wrote:Picks!! picks!

Make your picks!!! Picks lock tonight!!!

Hurry! Hurry! We have a weak turn out so far.

Cruzer,

I think you asked for more ideas for fantasy football? So I am guessing you like to do programming/web stuff/html or something, and here's my idea-- "survivor football." I have seen this in a couple places, it's where each person picks one guaranteed winner out of the whole slate of games each week, but that team cannot be picked again for the rest of the season, and you're out if you pick incorrectly. I guess it's too late this year, but if you want to work on something new, that's my suggestion.

It's easy for me to make a suggestion because I will not be working on it.

I totally love your pick 'em game, and the new additions of the teams' home/away records is really helpful!

And I made my picks this week as well!!

BUMP!

cruzer

kenney9226 wrote:Cruzer,

I think you asked for more ideas for fantasy football? So I am guessing you like to do programming/web stuff/html or something, and here's my idea-- "survivor football." I have seen this in a couple places, it's where each person picks one guaranteed winner out of the whole slate of games each week, but that team cannot be picked again for the rest of the season, and you're out if you pick incorrectly. I guess it's too late this year, but if you want to work on something new, that's my suggestion.

It's easy for me to make a suggestion because I will not be working on it.

I totally love your pick 'em game, and the new additions of the teams' home/away records is really helpful!

And I made my picks this week as well!!

BUMP!

Picks!!! make your picks you darn pickers!!

All of you!! Thursday night again! A happy thanksgiving football pick'em!!!

K, I'm glad you like the records thing. The team records are fine, but the tie game really throws everything off and I don't really have much in place to account for that.

K, I guess I was looking for something to do that has to do with something other than football. Something completely different from a pick 'em type thing. It is a good idea though.

PICKS!! MAKE YOUR PICKS!!

Kenny9226

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kenny9226

bump!!

cruzer

Knney like bump!

another thursday night game this week! get your picks in soon!

cruzer

cruzer wrote:Knney like bump!

another thursday night game this week! get your picks in soon!

^^^^

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926

Whoops! I keep forgetting to pick..

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
wizard7926 wrote:Whoops! I keep forgetting to pick..

After this week's dismal performance, I WISH I forgot to pick.

And my Buckeyes wlll play Cruzer's Longhorns in the Fiesta Bowl.
Eek.

cruzer

acemom wrote:After this week's dismal performance, I WISH I forgot to pick.

And my Buckeyes wlll play Cruzer's Longhorns in the Fiesta Bowl.
Eek.

I see Texas either laying an egg in the Fiesta bowl or blowing the doors off of The Ohio State.

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
cruzer wrote:I see Texas either laying an egg in the Fiesta bowl or blowing the doors off of The Ohio State.

Get ready for the egg laying cause Texas cannot beat Ohio!!

cruzer

Raining wrote:Get ready for the egg laying cause Texas cannot beat Ohio!!

I'd bet a million dollars Texas could beat (4-8) Ohio University of the MAC...

Ohio State is a different story.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Aw dangit.

In my fffl, drafted second to last... did awesome each week with timely adds/drops, etc. Ended the season 11-2. We have an 8 team playoff out of 10 teams. Played a 4-9 team. So what happens? Bench Westbrook for Hillis, play gore. Westy has a big game, Gore and Hillis bust up before the half... On the other side, team has best score EVER... Marshall and Sproles have monster games with Baltimore D too. So unless Tampa bay's defense can score 40 points, 'm going down in flames. Arrrrggghhh!!!!

cruzer

SkekTek wrote:Aw dangit.

In my fffl, drafted second to last... did awesome each week with timely adds/drops, etc. Ended the season 11-2. We have an 8 team playoff out of 10 teams. Played a 4-9 team. So what happens? Bench Westbrook for Hillis, play gore. Westy has a big game, Gore and Hillis bust up before the half... On the other side, team has best score EVER... Marshall and Sproles have monster games with Baltimore D too. So unless Tampa bay's defense can score 40 points, 'm going down in flames. Arrrrggghhh!!!!

I'm guessing tampa's D didn't score 40 points for you.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
cruzer wrote:I'd bet a million dollars Texas could beat (4-8) Ohio University of the MAC...

Ohio State is a different story.

Last night Letterman had the ball State Coach give his top ten list of great things he'll miss about their season 12-1.

One of the top ten was "Defeating the Detroit Lions"

cruzer

Josephus wrote:Last night Letterman had the ball State Coach give his top ten list of great things he'll miss about their season 12-1.

One of the top ten was "Defeating the Detroit Lions"

I wish someone could make that happen. The National Champion play the worst team in the NFL. I want to know.

cruzer

The softball team lost yesterday. I did play much better this game though. GEG made some wonderful stops and a wonderful catch in the outfield. I now have a nice scrape on my knee/leg and sore quad muscle on the other leg. I'm so out of shape.

Josephus

Redskins=S.U.C.K.

Raining

Cowboys came thru, if they win next two games, they will make playoffs. Hard to say about those guys.
DeMarcus Ware added three sacks to his NFL-leading total and the Cowboys sacked Eli Manning eight times on their way to a 20-8 win over the Giants.

cruzer

Don't trust the 'boys to make the playoffs. They are still underachievers especially when they need to win games.

Another thursday night game this week!

PICKS!!!! MAKE YOUR PICKS!!!!

kenney9226

cruzer wrote:Don't trust the 'boys to make the playoffs. They are still underachievers especially when they need to win games.

Another thursday night game this week!

PICKS!!!! MAKE YOUR PICKS!!!!

And remember... The Bengals guaranteed wins in their last two games! Or was that the Lions? It was the Bengals, for sure. Must pick the Bengals. The Bengals guaranteed wins over their last three games, and the won last week, so it must be true!

Josephus

kenney9226 wrote:And remember... The Bengals guaranteed wins in their last two games! Or was that the Lions? It was the Bengals, for sure. Must pick the Bengals. The Bengals guaranteed wins over their last three games, and the won last week, so it must be true!

They won because they played the Redskins (motto: "we suck").

cruzer

just as a reminder, there is a game tonight so the picks lock tonight!

Picks! Make your picks!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

mr. cruzer,

mrs. 1 would like to request some sort of pick-'em type game involving nba basketball. she likes picking things (lottery numbers, potential winners on game shows) and somewhat follows the nba (esp. the dallas mavericks).

i must warn you though that i expect her interest may wax and wane unpredictably, so i'm not sure if she would hang in there for a full season.

gobblervt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gobblervt
SkekTek wrote:Aw dangit.

How about this for a hard-luck ffl playoff story:

Defending Super Bowl Champion, so I picked last this year. Even so, made several trades and pickups during the season and finished regular season 13-1 as the highest scoring team in the league. First round of playoffs, I have the choice to start either Lance Moore (who plays Thursday) or Santana Moss. I had thought to put Moss in, but didn't get a chance to log in before Thursday night's game, so Moore is my guy and gets 20 yards receiving no TDs. Moss ends up with 70 yards + TD, so that's an 11-point swing.

So my team scores its lowest total of the season, but going into Sunday night's game I still have a decent lead. My opponent was decimated by RB injuries and could play only one RB, Tashard Choice (rookie for Dallas). So I'm watching the game and in the 4th quarter I still have a slim lead. Dallas gets possession with the Giants needing a stop and I figure I'm OK, either the Giants will stop them and get possession back, or Dallas will just run the clock out. Then on Dallas' LAST OFFENSIVE PLAY, Choice breaks a 38-yard TD run, a 9-point play, and I lose by three points, 70-67.

That play probably cost me about $140. I've been playing for over 10 years and have never had a loss that painful.

cruzer

no1 wrote:mr. cruzer,

mrs. 1 would like to request some sort of pick-'em type game involving nba basketball. she likes picking things (lottery numbers, potential winners on game shows) and somewhat follows the nba (esp. the dallas mavericks).

i must warn you though that i expect her interest may wax and wane unpredictably, so i'm not sure if she would hang in there for a full season.

Hmm...I'd be willing to do this, but I would have to take some time to design it differently and I would have to figure out how to update the scored automatically. Let me think about it for awhile.

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND

I gotta add a comment about the small colleges: The Division III Championship game (The Amos Alonzo Stagg Bowl) is played today at 11:00 Eastern on ESPN2. Undefeated Mount Union College (my alma mater) takes on the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater again.

This is the fourth time in a row that these two teams have played in the final game. Mount Union (Alliance, Ohio) won in 2005 and 2006. UW-Whitewater somehow won last year.

So, put on your purple and white and let's cheer RB Nate Kmic and the rest of the Mount Union College Purple Raiders on to victory!

Raining

Raining

cruzer

no one is doing so hot in the pick 'em this weekend.

Josephus

seriously bad this week. still, I gained on both Ace and no1!

hey, Cruzer, can you let us make picks today for next week on the football game? I'm not sure I'll be able to pick before the next games if I have to wait until tomorrow.

cruzer

Josephus wrote:seriously bad this week. still, I gained on both Ace and no1!

hey, Cruzer, can you let us make picks today for next week on the football game? I'm not sure I'll be able to pick before the next games if I have to wait until tomorrow.

replied on pwa too but pm me picks or they unlock as soon as monday night game starts

cruzer

All games are on Sunday this week. That should allow plenty of time for you guys to make your picks!

Picks! Make your picks!!

I'll continue to set up the picks for the playoffs as well.

cruzer

cruzer wrote:All games are on Sunday this week. That should allow plenty of time for you guys to make your picks!

Picks! Make your picks!!

I'll continue to set up the picks for the playoffs as well.

bump for a reminder.

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom

Wow, the Cowboys are really stinking up the place.

cruzer

cruzer wrote:Don't trust the 'boys to make the playoffs. They are still underachievers especially when they need to win games.

well that wasn't too hard to predict, I guess.