SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Here's a brand spanking new design. Struck me all of a sudden, so no planning!

Please vote if you have a good feeling:

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

I should really be asleep right now but oh well...here's my take on the theme, such a limiting theme that it is. Thanks!

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

SkekTek and Shan24, is there NO END to your creativity? nice, nice, nice entries, both of ya.

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:SkekTek and Shan24, is there NO END to your creativity? nice, nice, nice entries, both of ya.

Thanks! I don't think this entry is foggable, but definitely a novel concept. I like Shan's too. It's funny the ideas that get thought up in the dregs of the night!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

Another veggie. Sighhhhhhh...

"2/29 occurs on a leap ear"

SkekTek

Okay, for those of you keeping track, here are the current PWA memes:

kenney: puckers
Skek: animals
no1: Vegetables...

Anyone wanna add more?

shan24

kenney9226 wrote:SkekTek and Shan24, is there NO END to your creativity? nice, nice, nice entries, both of ya.

Thanks I just wish the voters agreed with you on mine at least. I can't get much inspiration this week!

no1

SkekTek wrote:Okay, for those of you keeping track, here are the current PWA memes:

kenney: puckers
Skek: animals
no1: Vegetables...

Anyone wanna add more?

Prof. Tek,
Josephus: hand (tablet?) tracing that looks like LiveTracing.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
no1 wrote:Prof. Tek,
Josephus: hand (tablet?) tracing that looks like LiveTracing.

check it

Please check it out

SkekTek

Bryan, is he jumping alligators?

Bryan818

SkekTek wrote:Bryan, is he jumping alligators?

yeah, just like pitfall

Please check it out

SkekTek

Bryan818 wrote:yeah, just like pitfall

Hah! Love it! Good add, man!

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho

It's my best derby ever and you all could make it that much better if you'd just swing by and vote for Chinese Leaping Circle (if you like it, naturally.)

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42
Gumiho wrote:Hello everyone. I've got two designs drafted up (which are both quite quite similar) but I can't seem to make my mind up on which one to go with. Does anyone have any feelings one way or another toward either of these images?
(The Rat, Dragon, and Monkey are all leap years in the Chinese Zodiac, although, technically, they don't do leap years but rather leap months.)

I love Chinese designs, although my mandarin is pretty rudimentary. These both look great. You got votes from me.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Orcrist42 wrote:I love Chinese designs, although my mandarin is pretty rudimentary. These both look great. You got votes from me.

And I voted for lots of entries last night while Skek and Shan were busy adding to the collection.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

shan24

KtCallista wrote:And I voted for lots of entries last night while Skek and Shan were busy adding to the collection.

Thanks, KtC

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
SkekTek wrote:Here's a brand spanking new design. Struck me all of a sudden, so no planning!

Please vote if you have a good feeling:

one word: awesome

darthv8r

Josephus wrote:Those poor Aztec Stonemasons- every four years, they had to add a day, and then the next year, take it out again. No wonder they ended up just splitting the difference on many of their Sun Stones.

About half hand traced, about half vector magic.
Please vote for my design- look at what a cool shirt it would make!

very intricate work dr. J! great idea and execution!

darthv8r

no1 wrote:Another veggie. Sighhhhhhh...

"2/29 occurs on a leap ear"

as always Mr. no1, you know how to get a vote out of me: Corny jokes! Good work, I see that the tablet has helped you get back on track with entering! I am very happy you are back.

SkekTek

darthv8r wrote:as always Mr. no1, you know how to get a vote out of me: Corny jokes! Good work, I see that the tablet has helped you get back on track with entering! I am very happy you are back.

Anybody know what the setting in illustrator is that allows you to draw multiple lines next to each other without Illustrator erasing the old line and putting a new one down? It's frustrating as all get out. If I'm trying to do hand shading, I have to draw a line, make a mark elsewhere, then go back. Really irritating...

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
Orcrist42 wrote:I love Chinese designs, although my mandarin is pretty rudimentary. These both look great. You got votes from me.

KtCallista wrote:And I voted for lots of entries last night while Skek and Shan were busy adding to the collection.

Thank you both very much!

SkekTek

Gumiho wrote:Thank you both very much!

It's surprising that the left one is doing so much better than the right one. Guess it's the circularity.

-Skek (A non-leap rooster )

Bryan818

please vote for i am lost in the shuffle...

and why did the pic in my sig go from thumbnail to huge overnight?

Please check it out

SkekTek

Bryan818 wrote:please vote for i am lost in the shuffle...

and why did the pic in my sig go from thumbnail to huge overnight?

Woot is a weird place. Gave you two votes to give you a push start. Good luck!

SkekTek

I'm not sure what's up with Joel and the rejections. The directions were very vague, but the rejections are very strict. The good news is that there is less competition this week. I'm surprised my gears design hasn't bought it yet...

no1

darthv8r wrote:as always Mr. no1, you know how to get a vote out of me: Corny jokes! Good work, I see that the tablet has helped you get back on track with entering! I am very happy you are back.

Thanks for the kind words, Lord v8r. The tablet is a learning experience, but I'm hardly "on track" with entering. I'm green with envy watching the way you, Mr. Kenney, and Prof. Tek pwn the Derby now.

SkekTek

no1 wrote:Thanks for the kind words, Lord v8r. The tablet is a learning experience, but I'm hardly "on track" with entering. I'm green with envy watching the way you, Mr. Kenney, and Prof. Tek pwn the Derby now.

hahahahahahaah!!! I pwn the derby... I call it luck, no1 BTW- I posted a newish design on the cyberpub board... can y'all go over and give me feedback?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
SkekTek wrote:hahahahahahaah!!! I pwn the derby... I call it luck, no1 BTW- I posted a newish design on the cyberpub board... can y'all go over and give me feedback?

sure, says joe in the recent past. or something like that.

Glad to see my design inching slowly upward, every so slowly crawling past kls and darth...towards oblivion of 4th or fifth place. Fie on thee, denizens of the fog! A pox upon your house!

sigh. my wife voted for tgentry's Stonehenge.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

A question:

I missed the first day of Shan's shirt last week, but I still plan to buy at least one, maybe more. I have to admit I never really took the time to understand how the reckoning works. Shan's shirt is immune to reckoning this week, right? Is it more helpful to her if I wait until next week to purchase the shirt, increasing her second week sales, or does it not matter when I buy it?

I'm willing to wait a few days for the shirts if it helps her out a bit.

Josephus

JoeDeeDee wrote:A question:

I missed the first day of Shan's shirt last week, but I still plan to buy at least one, maybe more. I have to admit I never really took the time to understand how the reckoning works. Shan's shirt is immune to reckoning this week, right? Is it more helpful to her if I wait until next week to purchase the shirt, increasing her second week sales, or does it not matter when I buy it?

I'm willing to wait a few days for the shirts if it helps her out a bit.

So, the reckoning averages the last 2 weeks of votes. For her first reckoning it wouldn't make any difference. But, if she remains around after the first one, then probably the latest you buy in the first two weeks, before the reckoning occurs, the better. Maybe. Certainly, buying in the second week as opposed to the first will help her because it would increase her average sales in the second reckoning, when the first week's sales begin to drop off. Or, maybe they average 30 days worth, instead of 2 weeks. I can't remember. It doesn't really matter what the answer is, though, if you are in the second week instead of the first week, then you will improve her chances in the first reckoning period that occurs after the first week disappears from the average.

no1

Josephus wrote:[whining about fighting for 4th or 5th place]

Dr. J,

This worry is foreign to me. I'm more worried about the oblivion of 104th or 105th place.

Signed, Proud to be a Redshirt in the Derby

darthv8r

no1 wrote:Thanks for the kind words, Lord v8r. The tablet is a learning experience, but I'm hardly "on track" with entering. I'm green with envy watching the way you, Mr. Kenney, and Prof. Tek pwn the Derby now.

ha! , more likely that the derby pwns me!

Josephus

darthv8r wrote:ha! , more likely that the derby pwns me!

and me! repeatedly! You're one vote in front, mr v8r. I've got Han Solo on my side, though. :^)

darthv8r

Josephus wrote:and me! repeatedly! You're one vote in front, mr v8r. I've got Han Solo on my side, though. :^)

*giggles* tee-hees! Dr. J! great work this week, hope you can get into that fog and win!

Josephus

darthv8r wrote:*giggles* tee-hees! Dr. J! great work this week, hope you can get into that fog and win!

Hey, if you give me all your votes, I'll give you half the winnings!

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:Hey, if you give me all your votes, I'll give you half the winnings!

I gave you all of mine... only way I can give you more is buy more stuff on woot

BTW- just found out I lost to shan this weekend by TWO votes!

Josephus

I saw that. Thankfully, I can't feel guilty about it, since I voted for both of you.

Oh, and for darth, I meant all the votes he's gotten. I assume and hope he has a single vote of his own. I sure don't mean to open up another can of worms. ;^)

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:Reckoning stuff...

Shan should be safe... she's had decent after-day sales.

I'm just hoping that there are dailies that noone wants going behind mine... not getting any serious after-day sales. Otherwise, the fish will be quickly reckoned into oblivion.

JoeDeeDee

Josephus wrote:I saw that. Thankfully, I can't feel guilty about it, since I voted for both of you.

Me too.

JoeDeeDee

SkekTek wrote:Shan should be safe... she's had decent after-day sales.

I'm just hoping that there are dailies that noone wants going behind mine... not getting any serious after-day sales. Otherwise, the fish will be quickly reckoned into oblivion.

I happened to get yours on the same day, or I would have asked about yours too.