SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Hi folks. Good luck with this week's contest. I'm tired of the process, and making comments I think are important but then are attacked mercilessly for them by fans of certain artists. So I'm going to leave shirt.woot for the harcore folks and focus on other things for the week. I'll vote for everyone in this forum, though.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
SkekTek wrote:Hi folks. Good luck with this week's contest. I'm tired of the process, and making comments I think are important but then are attacked mercilessly for them by fans of certain artists. So I'm going to leave shirt.woot for the harcore folks and focus on other things for the week. I'll vote for everyone in this forum, though.

Wow, what comments are people attacking you for? That really vacuums, dude. I think your piece this week is one of the most stylistically unique in the bunch, wish it were doing better

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Okay, so I should pay more attention to this forum. Y'all talk here too.

After two weeks off here's an entry. And it's not just a smiley I draw on stuff.

Grace it with some love? ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
SkekTek wrote:Hi folks. Good luck with this week's contest. I'm tired of the process, and making comments I think are important but then are attacked mercilessly for them by fans of certain artists. So I'm going to leave shirt.woot for the harcore folks and focus on other things for the week. I'll vote for everyone in this forum, though.

Yeah. That definitely seems like the thing to do. Too many calls for the wahmbulance.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Thanks for browsing! Hmm maybe that's why I like the derby, it's like window shopping.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

shan24 wrote:

Thanks for browsing! Hmm maybe that's why I like the derby, it's like window shopping.

Good shirts Shan! Love them both.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

shan24

dontwantaname wrote:Good shirts Shan! Love them both.

Thanks! This is actually my son's guitar I took a picture of. He's 8 but has been learning to play for about a year now...his latest obsession is "Sunshine of Your Love" or basically anything from Guitar Hero. I got some cool points when he found some Smashing Pumpkins cd's that I have.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

I love that henna design. I wanted it the first time you entered it. That's definitely one that I would buy if you printed it elsewhere. That and the weedy sea dragon.

shan24

JoeDeeDee wrote:I love that henna design. I wanted it the first time you entered it. That's definitely one that I would buy if you printed it elsewhere. That and the weedy sea dragon.

Tyvm I have GOT to get serious about printing my designs somewhere. I should just pick one place and go with it. I love the sea dragon too...the first time I saw one of them in an aquarium I could not believe my eyes.

Do you prefer the brown on cream henna or this new one? I wonder if I can put the older one up for sale somewhere or if I have to wait 60 days because I entered this new one. hmmm

JoeDeeDee

shan24 wrote:Tyvm I have GOT to get serious about printing my designs somewhere. I should just pick one place and go with it. I love the sea dragon too...the first time I saw one of them in an aquarium I could not believe my eyes.

Do you prefer the brown on cream henna or this new one? I wonder if I can put the older one up for sale somewhere or if I have to wait 60 days because I entered this new one. hmmm

I like them both...I don't know which I prefer. The brown is more reminiscent of a "real" henna design, but shades of blue are my favorite colors. I guess the blue, but I'd still buy the other. I'm not sure about the 60 days...my guess would be that since it's the same basic design you'd be safer waiting.

Definitely let us know when you decide. (Once the 60 day period is over, of course.) I'm sure there are others here who would buy them. Wasn't there another one of yours that I was hoping you'd print? I think there was, but I can't remember at the moment.

Hubby wants me to look into getting my daughter's derby entry printed. I can make it myself doing a dark color on light (using inkjet transfers), but we both like it the way I entered it, white on black. So I may be looking into the options myself at some point.

shan24

JoeDeeDee wrote:Hubby wants me to look into getting my daughter's derby entry printed. I can make it myself doing a dark color on light (using inkjet transfers), but we both like it the way I entered it, white on black. So I may be looking into the options myself at some point.

That is a very cool design. How old is your daughter? Do you see the same link I do at the top of the page, www.thattshirtsite.com ? Maybe you could have it printed there, I don't know anything about it but it says make your own shirt online in seconds, no minimum. Might be worth checking out.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Please vote for the rhino. You like rhinos, right?

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

Who's got the second highest vote total for an entry on a heather grey shirt?

That'd be me!

Thank you all for putting my entry in such a high standing for a heather grey shirt!

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
kenney9226 wrote:

Who's got the second highest vote total for an entry on a heather grey shirt?

That'd be me!

Thank you all for putting my entry in such a high standing for a heather grey shirt!

Whoo hoo! 2nd highest - that's terrific! What is your standing for in the red ink category?

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating

Dinosaur: Hey there what's up?
Meteorite: Nothin' much, just burning up on re-entry.
Dinosaur: Oh. Is that iridium in your pocket or are you just happy to see me.
Meteorite: Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay-teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

SkekTek

geekfactor12 wrote:Wow, what comments are people attacking you for? That really vacuums, dude. I think your piece this week is one of the most stylistically unique in the bunch, wish it were doing better

I'm burned out. Simple as that. I've been going full bore on work and woot for months (look at my post count, and that's from roughly November!), and as a result I've been spending less time with my family and friends here. So, after spending all night on my robo raptor only to have it tank, I need to step back, take a breather, and re-approach designing with a fresh zest. I'll be back, I just need to take a break. I enjoy chatting with you folks, and I'll be back I promise.

Iambusyeating

SkekTek wrote: I'll be back

*Sigh of relief.*

kenney9226

krapposelli wrote:Whoo hoo! 2nd highest - that's terrific! What is your standing for in the red ink category?

I just checked and the red ink category is not as good news for me.

There are two red ink shirts ahead of me, one that's tied with me but should surpass my vote total soon, because it's a better design, and one purple ink design.

So depending on how strictly you judge the ink color, That'd place me in a solid third or fifth place in the red ink category.

This is causing me to think of doing an analysis of the most popular ink and shirt colors and color combinations. Yes, the improper ink and shirt color choices, that's what's been keeping me from derby victory!

That, and this design sort of looks like a cocoon. Or a leaf.

This has been a pretty good derby with a wide variety of entries!

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
kenney9226 wrote:I just checked and the red ink category is not as good news for me.

There are two red ink shirts ahead of me, one that's tied with me but should surpass my vote total soon, because it's a better design, and one purple ink design.

So depending on how strictly you judge the ink color, That'd place me in a solid third or fifth place in the red ink category.

This is causing me to think of doing an analysis of the most popular ink and shirt colors and color combinations. Yes, the improper ink and shirt color choices, that's what's been keeping me from derby victory!

That, and this design sort of looks like a cocoon. Or a leaf.

This has been a pretty good derby with a wide variety of entries!

Ah, that's not good. We'll just stick with your first statistic then - 2nd place amongst heather grey! Whoo hoo!

I haven't looked at the reckoning list today, but last week I noticed that there were quite a few brown shirts surviving. I'm thinking brown might be a good shirt color to go with (thought it probably wouldn't be my favorite...)

kenney9226

krapposelli wrote:Ah, that's not good. We'll just stick with your first statistic then - 2nd place amongst heather grey! Whoo hoo!

I haven't looked at the reckoning list today, but last week I noticed that there were quite a few brown shirts surviving. I'm thinking brown might be a good shirt color to go with (thought it probably wouldn't be my favorite...)

I don't care too much for the dramatic dark colors either. I must be too out of touch with today's T-shirt buyers. My wardrobe has a lack of heather grey T-shirts, and too many white ones and navy blue ones. And by too many I mean two.

There's really only SO many T-shirts I can wear in a week!

And if one of my entries gets printed, well, that's gonna be the only shirt I'll ever wear, and I won't need NOBODY's PERFECT anymore! har de har har!

SkekTek

I'm a masochist... here's my most recent perturbation in the mind of shirt.woot:

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:There's really only SO many T-shirts I can wear in a week!

You are obviously not a 5-year old boy. He wants to wear one shirt to school, one different one when he gets home, and a third to go to bed. Talk about laundry... it'll get worse when he actually wears human-sized clothes.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

Vote!

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

JoeDeeDee

What did kenney do this time?

SkekTek

JoeDeeDee wrote:What did kenney do this time?

first posted on sellout.woot...

JoeDeeDee

SkekTek wrote:first posted on sellout.woot...

Silly boy...I guess he likes being on probation.

SkekTek

JoeDeeDee wrote:Silly boy...I guess he likes being on probation.

I think he thought sellout was less closely watched.

KikiinMud

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KikiinMud

I was really hoping to see more Keith Haring type designs this week. Oh well, can't vote until I buy

SkekTek

Bleah... this is a low week for me. Just checked my shirt total votes:

Robo at 78th place with 56
Feline Peeper at 101 with 40
Skull at 159 with 21
Minos somehow scored to 216 with 7... can't figure THAT out (why so many, that is

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
SkekTek wrote:Bleah... this is a low week for me. Just checked my shirt total votes:

Robo at 78th place with 56
Feline Peeper at 101 with 40
Skull at 159 with 21
Minos somehow scored to 216 with 7... can't figure THAT out (why so many, that is

Prof. Tek, that would be an unusually good week for me.

Please vote, each one needs only about 600 more votes to get into the fog!

SkekTek

no1 wrote:Prof. Tek, that would be an unusually good week for me.

Please vote, each one needs only about 600 more votes to get into the fog!

You can get there faster if you change your name to Cho...

Iambusyeating

Put DINO in the TOP 10! Please! I need like 40 votes! In that many minutes! Please. TGentry eats puppies.!!11!!

SkekTek

Iambusyeating wrote:Put DINO in the TOP 10! Please! I need like 40 votes! In that many minutes! Please. TGentry eats puppies.!!11!!

Sorry, I already gave you my votes a few days ago

Iambusyeating

SkekTek wrote:Sorry, I already gave you my votes a few days ago

Your raisins are in the mail.

tchosephustekiyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tchosephustekiyo
SkekTek wrote:You can get there faster if you change your name to Cho...

Hi Prof. Tek, no1 here, trying out a new username for Derby entries!

SkekTek

Iambusyeating wrote:Your raisins are in the mail.

Dang! I was hoping for pistachios...

More vote begging:

Please give them a few if you could... for pride's sake mostly.

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r

yes, no, meh?

ohwell of to eat with parents, check ya'll l8r

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Iambusyeating wrote: TGentry eats puppies.!!11!!

I highly doubt Mr. Gentry eats puppies and from every short conversation I've had with him has been very respectable, now this was all before shirt.woot, maybe the insanity of competition has changed him. Still lets keep the unsubstantiated slams out of here.

I know I don't check in often, but lets keep things to whining about the posts on shirt.woot and pimping designs.

With that I am leaving for the weekend starting tomorrow and will be back Monday night. Someone chop me some Tom Petty okay?

Beware the V'owls screech!

SkekTek

tchosephustekiyo wrote:Hi Prof. Tek, no1 here, trying out a new username for Derby entries!

That'll work. But I don't see Shan in there..

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:I highly doubt Mr. Gentry eats puppies and from every short conversation I've had with him has been very respectable, now this was all before shirt.woot, maybe the insanity of competition has changed him. Still lets keep the unsubstantiated slams out of here.

I know I don't check in often, but lets keep things to whining about the posts on shirt.woot and pimping designs.

With that I am leaving for the weekend starting tomorrow and will be back Monday night. Someone chop me some Tom Petty okay?

As a native Hoosier, I could try indiana girl...