SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
JoeDeeDee wrote:Thanks! I guess I was lucky that it happened to be in "slogan" form.

I'm a bit rusty on what constitutes the difference between a saying and a slogan. Need to consult the dictionary I guess

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Could I get some votes to push me into the fog please? ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:

GMV. Hope it survives. I'm thinking of putting dumb entries just to unseat eHalcyon as rejection champ. He's ahead of me by 1 entry...

kenney9226

kenney9226

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:

Glad to see you still submitting...

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:Glad to see you still submitting...

I'm still royally peeved that my "you'll be dying to meet us" entry was rejected. There's some degree of comfort that other friends have had entries rejected as well, but that stinks for them just as much.

And did you see the "honorable mentions" this week? Woot out and said "this one was off topic but we give it honorable mention status anyway." What the heck?

But I'm pleased to see that vote totals appear to be down comapred with last weeks' votes due to the "hotness fix." The next step is to get rid of the "remove my vote" all together. That or make the "I want one" button a commitment button so you must buy one. That might cut down on the multiple accounts pushing the votes of certain entries.

And just ONE person actually had the stones to call my cell phone that I listed on my entry. That either says a lot about the classiness of wooters, or the unpopularity of that entry.

If woot wanted a "funny sayings" derby, it should have advertised it like that.

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:I'm still royally peeved that my "you'll be dying to meet us" entry was rejected. There's some degree of comfort that other friends have had entries rejected as well, but that stinks for them just as much.

And did you see the "honorable mentions" this week? Woot out and said "this one was off topic but we give it honorable mention status anyway." What the heck?

But I'm pleased to see that vote totals appear to be down comapred with last weeks' votes due to the "hotness fix." The next step is to get rid of the "remove my vote" all together. That or make the "I want one" button a commitment button so you must buy one. That might cut down on the multiple accounts pushing the votes of certain entries.

And just ONE person actually had the stones to call my cell phone that I listed on my entry. That either says a lot about the classiness of wooters, or the unpopularity of that entry.

Wow, you put a real number on that? Bold. Have to check the honorable mentions, but since you didn't say anything, one of mine must not have been one of them. Figures. Woot hates me. But I was in the hotness all afternoon with the smelled better shirt (it passed my tire one easy).

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kenney9226 wrote:I'm still royally peeved that my "you'll be dying to meet us" entry was rejected. There's some degree of comfort that other friends have had entries rejected as well, but that stinks for them just as much.

You had your real phone number???? Are you nuts??

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:Wow, you put a real number on that? Bold. Have to check the honorable mentions, but since you didn't say anything, one of mine must not have been one of them. Figures. Woot hates me. But I was in the hotness all afternoon with the smelled better shirt (it passed my tire one easy).

All I use the phone for is to call home to say "I'm gonna be late" and I never check the messages. It's one of those tracfones and it's paid up through March 2009. I don't get charged when it rings, only when I answer, and I don't answer it unless it says "home" is calling. I thought it would add a nice realistic touch to the shirt! and offer the chance for some wannabe pranksters to get their jollies!

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:All I use the phone for is to call home to say "I'm gonna be late" and I never check the messages. It's one of those tracfones and it's paid up through March 2009. I don't get charged when it rings, only when I answer, and I don't answer it unless it says "home" is calling. I thought it would add a nice realistic touch to the shirt! and offer the chance for some wannabe pranksters to get their jollies!

Woot's honorable mentions are confusing... good to know breaking the rules can get you far. And I did a better job with pancakes with my Banana Pancakes entry for the lyrics derby. Gah... I just don't understand woot.

Why didn't you pick up when I called?

kenney9226

Dazzle them with your apparent knowledge of acronyms!

kenney9226

I don't know why I didn't think of this before:

kenney9226

Boy was this the creepiest part of The Shining or what?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kenney9226 wrote:

Boy was this the creepiest part of The Shining or what?

yeah. not the scariest, though. but truly the creepiest. and an inspired bit of film-making.

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:yeah. not the scariest, though. but truly the creepiest. and an inspired bit of film-making.

kenney, you know this'll get rejected right? i'm still bitter about my gozer rejection...

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:kenney, you know this'll get rejected right? i'm still bitter about my gozer rejection...

It's still worth it!

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:It's still worth it!

at this point, i'm not feeling sorry for woot. they brought it upon themselves, and i lost the urge to care. submit away, my friend!!

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:at this point, i'm not feeling sorry for woot. they brought it upon themselves, and i lost the urge to care. submit away, my friend!!

Hey, what happened to the "colorblindness is no(w a) laughing matter" entry?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kenney9226 wrote:Hey, what happened to the "colorblindness is no(w a) laughing matter" entry?

was there another one? more than 3?

I started to do one "I'm a fat guy. I'm gonna die young. I can't get any dates. But, people don't laugh in my face. Thank God I'm not ColorBlind!"

but, I decided that would be mean to the guy who is, after all, just trying to post an entry making fun of colorblindness, and really, is that so bad? probably not.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez

Please vote for my shirt. It is, to my knowledge, one of the most geeky woot shirts for the computer nerds out there that has ever stood a chance of being printed. And that's saying a lot.

SkekTek

bluchez wrote:Please vote for my shirt. It is, to my knowledge, one of the most geeky woot shirts for the computer nerds out there that has ever stood a chance of being printed. And that's saying a lot.

well, it definitely has the least chance of getting the axe... nice job too

openspace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages openspace

kenney9226

openspace wrote:

Hey, that's classy! GMV dude!

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:Hey, that's classy! GMV dude!

hope it survives... woot hasn't been kind to one word designs as slogans...

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:hope it survives... woot hasn't been kind to one word designs as slogans...

...but it was crazy funny in the movie!

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:...but it was crazy funny in the movie!

movie quote? uh oh part 2... wow! i'm in 6th place now!

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:movie quote? uh oh part 2... wow! i'm in 6th place now!

Yes, I saved my secret votes for this very morning so they count towards the hotness. I wonder how many other sneaky weasels like me thought of that. Probably lots.

"What are taters?"
"Potatoes. POE TAY TOES!"

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:Yes, I saved my secret votes for this very morning so they count towards the hotness. I wonder how many other sneaky weasels like me thought of that. Probably lots.

"What are taters?"
"Potatoes. POE TAY TOES!"

Is that LOTR quote??

not as many as you'd think. I saw lots of designs get >5 votes within minutes and then stop completely...

i didn't use any of my alternate votes until yesterday morn... seemed to help propel me up to the top too!!!

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:not as many as you'd think. I saw lots of designs get >5 votes within minutes and then stop completely...

i didn't use any of my alternate votes until yesterday morn... seemed to help propel me up to the top too!!!

My diabolocal plan was turning out great to propel you to victory, but then I realized that today's Wendesday and there's still a whole day left to vote.

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:My diabolocal plan was turning out great to propel you to victory, but then I realized that today's Wendesday and there's still a whole day left to vote.

fire me just got 3 more votes.. .

lunchboxbrain

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lunchboxbrain

Only one day left but I figured I'd give this one more push. Click on the tee below to vote. Thanks!

SkekTek

not that i'm worried, but due to the nature of this derby and all, i expect my designs to be rejected due to their being on some other shirt elsewhere each time I look at them... erk.

kenney9226

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Wow, another nice design! Grats!

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1

Another weak attempt by jbedwar1.
Please vote for "Summer powered by Candle" anyway.

SkekTek

Another entry for me. This is prolly the last for me today... my arms are tired

Thankz!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Please vote for the sun eating people. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

kenney9226

superspryte wrote:

Please vote for the sun eating people. ^_^

I totally and completely want one, and I don't say that much!