kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226

Here they all are on a white shirt:

kenney9226

I thought I'd also use this derby to dust off and improve upon the original pucker design from 51 weeks ago, only in pixellated glory:

The Pucker kicks it old-school style!

Thank you for all your consideration and have a nice weekend, folks!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Hey, lookee: Wayne and Garth have an entry this week!

D'OH!

lunchboxbrain

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lunchboxbrain

Please click here to vote for my latest submission, Jackpot. Thanks for your vote!

SkekTek

My other design:

Vote before it gets rejected!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Skek, you're on the road to ruin.

meanwhile, please vote fer my fine entries too!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

A beautiful Summertime shirt for your consideration!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Some very nice entries this week. If I had some inspiration I would be in this week, this is my kind of contest! (Okay, sheepishly admits to designing low res graphics as a child on a Commodore.)

I just gotta say I love the sunflowers. . . .

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
KtCallista wrote:Some very nice entries this week. If I had some inspiration I would be in this week, this is my kind of contest! (Okay, sheepishly admits to designing low res graphics as a child on a Commodore.)

I just gotta say I love the sunflowers. . . .

Hehe, I used to make them on an Apple IIc. Was very proud of myself when I programmed a slideshow in basic on my own.

PS--please vote for Bananaman. Thank you.

SkekTek

I have shirts in the derby. Please vote for them. Oh wait, I should include a link...

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

SailorButterfly

Hey guys! My friend just needs 3 more votes to break 100 on her design. This is her first time entering, so she could use the encouragement.

Thanks!

Edit: 1 more!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SkekTek

SailorButterfly wrote:Hey guys! My friend just needs 3 more votes to break 100 on her design. This is her first time entering, so she could use the encouragement.

Thanks!

Edit: 1 more!

Hee! I was the 100th voter!

SailorButterfly

SkekTek wrote:Hee! I was the 100th voter!

Thanks Skek!

SkekTek

SailorButterfly wrote:Thanks Skek!

No problem...

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

It seemed like the good times would never end. Marble after marble swallowed whole in a feeding frenzy, like it was an eating race or something. But they should have realized that such gluttony could only lead to famine. Hungry hungry? If only it were so minor.

It was a crisis. They must have waited on that red plastic board for months. Years, even! And all that ever came was dust. Where had all the marbles gone? Scarcity had struck - their unfettered consumption had turned their world into a Milton Bradley wasteland.

Orange was the first to go. Yellow fell soon after. Green and Pink pressed on, but alas, Green soon succumbed as well. And now Pink was the only hippo left, holding on only because of her fierce tenacity... but how long could she possibly hold out?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

SailorButterfly

A couple of designs by some up and coming derby artists for your consideration:

SkekTek

Sailor, you knocked the ball out of the park with the fish one. As another fish derby entrant, your fish is clearly superior. I love the eyes... if I could do eyes like that, my cartoons would be 10x better

SailorButterfly

SkekTek wrote:Sailor, you knocked the ball out of the park with the fish one. As another fish derby entrant, your fish is clearly superior. I love the eyes... if I could do eyes like that, my cartoons would be 10x better

Oh, I take no credit. That was designed (and entered) by my friend sailormoontsu. I'm just pimping for her. ;-)

I love her art. She's a graphic artist, so she has some advantages with this stuff. l o l

SailorButterfly

It holds the universe together, and now it needs your vote!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Who's going to apply that Duct Tape for you, now that Duct Tape Man has retired?
That's right, time to signal for The Rockoon!

in case anyone stops by here that needs something to vote for,
click him to vote! currently 7th place. He just needs to go up by 4 places!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:Who's going to apply that Duct Tape for you, now that Duct Tape Man has retired?
That's right, time to signal for The Rockoon!

in case anyone stops by here that needs something to vote for,
click him to vote! currently 7th place. He just needs to go up by 4 places!

Got my 3.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

SkekTek

Wish I could do halftone like textures in Illustrator. Alas, I know not how.

kenney9226

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:Wish I could do halftone like textures in Illustrator. Alas, I know not how.

There's a way to do it in GIMP. GIMP's free.

It's a bit confusing, but I only did it twice so far...

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:There's a way to do it in GIMP. GIMP's free.

It's a bit confusing, but I only did it twice so far...

Alas, I'm just getting too old to learn the ins and outs of another program.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Alas, I'm just getting too old to learn the ins and outs of another program.

Can't vote for the poor fish. He is my friend and it is sad his bowl broke.

Can vote for the ant. Can even vote for the saw, even though a family friend did lose a finger that way.
He was old and careful. I guess if you do it enough, it might happen.
He even had his workshop locked at all times, even though there were no kids in the house.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Can't vote for the poor fish. He is my friend and it is sad his bowl broke.

Can vote for the ant. Can even vote for the saw, even though a family friend did lose a finger that way.
He was old and careful. I guess if you do it enough, it might happen.
He even had his workshop locked at all times, even though there were no kids in the house.

Thanks for looking at them... I really like the look of the fish shirt, though I must admit, the fish gets saved. After all, he survived a pocket and a very algaed fish tank, it'd be sad to find out he got done in by a cracked bowl...

My dad almost lost his finger on such a saw about 12 years ago. Thankfully, he cut it deep but not all the way through and didn't injure the nerve. Has an interesting scar though.

JoeDeeDee

SkekTek wrote:Thanks for looking at them... I really like the look of the fish shirt, though I must admit, the fish gets saved. After all, he survived a pocket and a very algaed fish tank, it'd be sad to find out he got done in by a cracked bowl...

And he's also survived bleaching!

SkekTek

JoeDeeDee wrote:And he's also survived bleaching!

I totally missed this. It looks 10x better than the original!!! Wow!

Oh yeah, he survived sun bleaching too

JoeDeeDee

SkekTek wrote:I totally missed this. It looks 10x better than the original!!! Wow!

Oh yeah, he survived sun bleaching too

I forgot about that one! I really liked it!

edit: I'm glad you like the bleached version. I had complained to woot that the design faded after washing so the pocket couldn't be seen. They sent me another one, which did the same thing. So they've both been sitting in my closet unused, until I finally got around to bleaching one yesterday. Now I'm trying to decide what to do with the other. Maybe I'll make a halter top out of it.

SkekTek

JoeDeeDee wrote:I forgot about that one! I really liked it!

Thanks. It was one of my faves as well. It was one of the cleanest and best compositions I've come up with. EDIT: I have an extra too, I should bleach it. Halter top is a neat idea.

KenneyandJosephus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenneyandJosephus

Please vote for a typical Friday night in Pucker City

TEST

SkekTek

I don't know why, but I just submitted another design. Please vote (or ridicule)!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

bump

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
SkekTek wrote:I don't know why, but I just submitted another design. Please vote (or ridicule)!

This is funny. I almost did a design like this with a baby about to put a fork in a toaster. Sorta like that scene from an old Devo video.

SkekTek

shan24 wrote:This is funny. I almost did a design like this with a baby about to put a fork in a toaster. Sorta like that scene from an old Devo video.

Too bad it got very few votes. I thought it was cute, but voters apparently disagreed.

EDIT: I love how a purple monster design didn't get any votes, but was resubbed with a halftone mouth fill and screamed up the charts. Maybe I should seriously consider halftones, since they apparently make the woot voters froth at the mouth.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

For your consideration:

Double-take yay!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

Oh hey. These are interesting.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Vote for the sleepy mouse that probably reminds you of a picture book from your childhood. Well, maybe not, but vote anyway? ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2