SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Pushing one final entry today.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Probably my last entry. Wish I'd submitted this earlier.
Check on regular woot when this shirt goes on sale- they might be selling 3D glasses!

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed

Second try at this derby..

SkekTek

So I'm curious. Why is "I Am Legend" still unrejected? If anything isn't incidental text, that's it. Also, woot already printed a name badge shirt (and I got rejected earlier because I did the same thing), so it's been done before...

Confused...

Josephus

Haven't they always insisted that people choose a color- if they submit the same design on more than one color, right? and if you don't put it on a shirt template, they reject it, right? I just wonder how they can leave that design up with two different placements, center and left? is that really going to be OK?

- think I may put up a design with a couple of placements myself.

Josephus

This movie is, of course, Willow. It is six colors, and traced from a Bryce 3D rendered image I created. no photo.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:Haven't they always insisted that people choose a color- if they submit the same design on more than one color, right?

i've put up designs on more than one shirt color, just to see, never took down the less popular one, and they've never rejected those. mite b that my designs are never popular, though. do u have any examples of rejecting multiple color options?

Josephus

no1 wrote:i've put up designs on more than one shirt color, just to see, never took down the less popular one, and they've never rejected those. mite b that my designs are never popular, though. do u have any examples of rejecting multiple color options?

I can remember them telling someone that had two in the fog on different colors that they had to choose. I don't remember what the design was.

no1

Josephus wrote:I can remember them telling someone that had two in the fog on different colors that they had to choose. I don't remember what the design was.

that's understandable, i can c where theyd only want to print 1 of a design. otherwise let the people decide what color theyd rather have. leave multiple colors up unless more than 1 are likely to print.

Josephus

no1 wrote:that's understandable, i can c where theyd only want to print 1 of a design. otherwise let the people decide what color theyd rather have. leave multiple colors up unless more than 1 are likely to print.

yeah, you're right. generally, people who have put up two colors of a design take one of them down eventually, just because it splits their vote. but. allowing two placements on a single entry is odd. people don't know what they are voting for. isn't that the point of the shirt placement image?

no1

Josephus wrote:yeah, you're right. generally, people who have put up two colors of a design take one of them down eventually, just because it splits their vote. but. allowing two placements on a single entry is odd. people don't know what they are voting for. isn't that the point of the shirt placement image?

which design is this?

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
no1 wrote:which design is this?

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=22401

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

no1

SailorButterfly wrote:http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=22401

ah, i c, sed the blind man. imo that would be rejectable for the reason cited by dr. j. possibly at the rejectorator's discretion, though. has anyone tattled on it?

SailorButterfly

no1 wrote:has anyone tattled on it?

I did after posting the link to it. With no disrespect for the design or designer, the 2 different placements isn't fair and is actually confusing. If half of the people who vote only like the side placement and half of the people who vote only like the center placement, where would that leave the shirt sales-wise if it's printed? Voters don't know which one they're actually voting for. It's like a false advertisement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SkekTek

SailorButterfly wrote:I did after posting the link to it. With no disrespect for the design or designer, the 2 different placements isn't fair and is actually confusing. If half of the people who vote only like the side placement and half of the people who vote only like the center placement, where would that leave the shirt sales-wise if it's printed? Voters don't know which one they're actually voting for. It's like a false advertisement.

I was gonna give it the benefit of doubt that it was an error, but in the postings it's obvious that the designer couldn't design so did both. Expecting woot to pick their favorite when/if he won. Which isn't right, since I've not gotten votes due to placement. It'd be a totally different derby if people could just submit art and worry about placement later.

Josephus

no1 wrote:ah, i c, sed the blind man. imo that would be rejectable for the reason cited by dr. j. possibly at the rejectorator's discretion, though. has anyone tattled on it?

why at the rejector's discretion? is there actually some justification for putting up multiple placements?

no1

Josephus wrote:why at the rejector's discretion? is there actually some justification for putting up multiple placements?

bcuz he's the only one with the rejectorator button.

there may not have to be justification on woot's part for putting up multiple placements, for the rejectorator to leave it up; he maight think it's a minor infarction unworthy of notise. fore example, i can see where the rjer might think that woot shirt printing has such low quality control that placement is sumwat inexact anyway, so a few inches one way or the other wouldn't matter. not having bought woot shirts, i wouldn't know.

Josephus

no1 wrote:bcuz he's the only one with the rejectorator button.

there may not have to be justification on woot's part for putting up multiple placements, for the rejectorator to leave it up; he maight think it's a minor infarction unworthy of notise. fore example, i can see where the rjer might think that woot shirt printing has such low quality control that placement is sumwat inexact anyway, so a few inches one way or the other wouldn't matter. not having bought woot shirts, i wouldn't know.

if that's the case, then he shouldn't make people put the shirts on a template at all. but everything not on a template gets rejected.

no1

Josephus wrote:if that's the case, then he shouldn't make people put the shirts on a template at all. but everything not on a template gets rejected.

mabe the template requirement is just tehre 2 make sure everyone goes through the same hoops. but the confusion over placement mabe is less critical when the design is big. the difference in placement of a couple of inches left or right for a graphic that is several inches in width is much less noticeable than for a smaller graphic. placement makes a big difference when you're only an inch wide. the template may be just to n'sure that a small graphic intended for upper right doesn't end up in lower left, but there mabe wiggle womb, i mean room, for the rjer to exercise some leeway in judgment.

regardless, he may just be mulling it over before dropping the hammer. esp. since, as it is fogged, it will no doubt cause something of a ruckus.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
no1 wrote:mabe the template requirement is just tehre 2 make sure everyone goes through the same hoops. but the confusion over placement mabe is less critical when the design is big. the difference in placement of a couple of inches left or right for a graphic that is several inches in width is much less noticeable than for a smaller graphic. placement makes a big difference when you're only an inch wide. the template may be just to n'sure that a small graphic intended for upper right doesn't end up in lower left, but there mabe wiggle womb, i mean room, for the rjer to exercise some leeway in judgment.

regardless, he may just be mulling it over before dropping the hammer. esp. since, as it is fogged, it will no doubt cause something of a ruckus.

Have you turned into someone else? Cuz ur speling n gramar n stuf seems difrnt.

SkekTek

JoeDeeDee wrote:Have you turned into someone else? Cuz ur speling n gramar n stuf seems difrnt.

Someone (or rather no1) is trying to spell in cheezburger speak. Although Id love to know what wiggle womb is...

Josephus

Please vote for my design. X-Raylien!

blammoed

SkekTek

Dang. If I had known PANIC! was coming up, I'd have waited and re-subbed sponge attack in this derby...

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226

Fact: Puckers turn white when they panic.

Fact: Puckers flee from volcanoes.

blammoed

Second version..

SkekTek

Please vote! Please? Pretty Please? I promise if you vote I won't let Steve burn your house down...

SkekTek

For Dog Lovers. Click for the big design.

Cat-astrophe coming!

Dog gits payback on de kitteh. Here, kitty kitty kitty... Aw, widdo kitteh is slippin? I's give you a helps...

SailorButterfly

Hey guys, let's help keep this in the Top 10!

SkekTek

I love that monster design...

SkekTek

Anyone got any ideas for the art as text derby yet?

Josephus

A bit more feminine, I hope?

please vote.

SkekTek

I suck. I'm such a hypocrite. Said I wasn't going to do a design. Was in a bad mood. Am sick. But as I sat there, I started doodling. Made me feel better. And this is what I ended up with. So I have an entry.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

shan24

SkekTek wrote:I suck. I'm such a hypocrite. Said I wasn't going to do a design. Was in a bad mood. Am sick. But as I sat there, I started doodling. Made me feel better. And this is what I ended up with. So I have an entry.

I like this one great colors.

Josephus

I just think the idea of us sending meteors crashing into the moon to make craters to spell out USA is a winner! The whole world would be outraged!

SkekTek

shan24 wrote:I like this one great colors.

Thanks! I had a hard time with the right colors for the aliens. And a bit afraid of the pink, but I thought it looked right. The only weakness I think is that next to the aliens and the hill, the UFO is a bit technical looking and could have been cartoonier. But I like it overall.

shan24

SkekTek

shan24 wrote:

Cute! I love the little gators...

blammoed

New entry. Thanks for looking!