eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
kenney9226 wrote:Someone commented (indirectly but correctly) that this week's entry just isn't up to the level of pucker quality that people, even I, expect. That, and I think a pucker entry with zero votes would be kind of cool.

And I think that most of the people who support my entries will see my pleas in these forums and help me achieve this goal!

Thank you for your (lack of) support!

Hmm... I saw it at 7 earlier today, but now it's at 8. XP

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
eHalcyon wrote:Hmm... I saw it at 7 earlier today, but now it's at 8. XP

Some people will vote for anything.

Once again, my dreams are dashed against the jagged rocks of reality.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

late entry

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

I have now officially missed the derby. First time in a long time

Trying to revise the nom nom shark design for Threadless...

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

Hey guys! If you haven't already done so, please throw a vote in theinfinityloop's direction!

She's in a close race for 3rd, so she needs all the help she can get!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

kenney9226

"That's All, Folks!"

SkekTek

Here's mine, made between chasing after the kids. Please vote!!

Josephus

Just another struggling actor.

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:Just another struggling actor.

I'm pretty sure his hat was brown as can be, but interesting concept. Poor indy run over by a massive hairball...

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
SkekTek wrote:Here's mine, made between chasing after the kids. Please vote!!

Great job, two votes coming your way!

SkekTek

lplady wrote:Great job, two votes coming your way!

Thanks!!!!! I still am in awe how awesome the silhouette came out (except the hair, which I'm still not terribly content with), especially since I sketched it at my kitchen table with no reference material...

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
SkekTek wrote:Thanks!!!!! I still am in awe how awesome the silhouette came out (except the hair, which I'm still not terribly content with), especially since I sketched it at my kitchen table with no reference material...

You're welcome. You're being much too picky, it looks terrific. Voted, good luck this week.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
SkekTek wrote:Thanks!!!!! I still am in awe how awesome the silhouette came out (except the hair, which I'm still not terribly content with), especially since I sketched it at my kitchen table with no reference material...

Wow, no reference? I'm really impressed you were able to do a perspective like that, especially with no reference!

I wish you a heap of good luck this week!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

SkekTek

SailorButterfly wrote:Wow, no reference? I'm really impressed you were able to do a perspective like that, especially with no reference!

I wish you a heap of good luck this week!

You should see the original sketch, it wasn't that good I'll post it tonight so you can see how untalented I am with trying to draw a non-silhouetted human being- son's on the computer playing games where the sketch was scanned in. EDIT: It's here, and it's a bit huge

MissLauraB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MissLauraB

grr. vote for my dad!

Josephus

Thanks, Laura!!

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:Thanks, Laura!!

Che looks like he's saying... Duuuuuude!

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:Che looks like he's saying... Duuuuuude!

From the pictures I've seen of him, he seemed to be pretty happy. This came from a photo taken in Cuba, with Castro, public domain 100%. unlike that other photo of him.

Josephus

kenney9226

First one was rejected. I like this better! Thank you and have a nice day!

SkekTek

I'm pulling the nom nom fish from my sig... apparently they're not going to do anything (no rejection, no accept, no nothing) with my design... fluckers...

Adding the image here for my own sake:

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
SkekTek wrote:I'm pulling the nom nom fish from my sig... apparently they're not going to do anything (no rejection, no accept, no nothing) with my design... fluckers...

Adding the image here for my own sake:

that's too bad. how long was it pending approval? what happened, was there no response from threadless at all? did you try contacting them to see what the problem was? mabe a backlog because of the holidays?

SkekTek

no1 wrote:that's too bad. how long was it pending approval? what happened, was there no response from threadless at all? did you try contacting them to see what the problem was? mabe a backlog because of the holidays?

There was no response... But I *finally* just got an email reply, 5 days later!!!

It was approved and supposedly will show up sometime soon... Yay!

eHalcyon

SkekTek wrote:There was no response... But I *finally* just got an email reply, 5 days later!!!

It was approved and supposedly will show up sometime soon... Yay!

Skek must have more patience.

Mine's up too! Vote?

SkekTek

eHalcyon wrote:Skek must have more patience.

I try. I'm not even sure it's in the text challenge- it may be in the normal area. Doesn't matter, and in a way I don't even mind if it doesn't get picked. I'm just happy I got a submission in, and it was approved in the first shot. No rejection!

EDIT: Yeesh, I was accused of having a similar design as someone else, despite my original shirt.woot submission preceded the other one by 6 months! It's like accusing the Wright brothers of stealing Boeing's idea of engine-powered flight...

eHalcyon

SkekTek wrote:I try. I'm not even sure it's in the text challenge- it may be in the normal area. Doesn't matter, and in a way I don't even mind if it doesn't get picked. I'm just happy I got a submission in, and it was approved in the first shot. No rejection!

EDIT: Yeesh, I was accused of having a similar design as someone else, despite my original shirt.woot submission preceded the other one by 6 months! It's like accusing the Wright brothers of stealing Boeing's idea of engine-powered flight...

Most Threadless people don't frequent woot, so they wouldn't have known. And yours is in JOT - if you look on your page, it has the logo on the top right.

SkekTek

eHalcyon wrote:Most Threadless people don't frequent woot, so they wouldn't have known. And yours is in JOT - if you look on your page, it has the logo on the top right.

I hope by posting the link to the original, it demonstrates that it is a legit entry. And not a resub either... I worked hard to smooth out a lot of the original livetraced jaggies. Glad I got in to JoT

eH, I'm really hoping yours wins. I can't tell you how fast I'm buying it if it wins. The glow part is freaking brilliant.

Josephus

This is going to be my entry tomorrow, if my wife can manage the whole submission thing for me, since I'll be driving to Indiananoplace.

I think it says winter pretty well, and is pretty cool looking. heh. I said cool looking.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:This is going to be my entry tomorrow, if my wife can manage the whole submission thing for me, since I'll be driving to Indiananoplace.

I think it says winter pretty well, and is pretty cool looking. heh. I said cool looking.

I hate white shirts, but that is really nice!
Unfortunately I can't think of another color to put it on.
Snow is white

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Josephus

dontwantaname wrote:I hate white shirts, but that is really nice!
Unfortunately I can't think of another color to put it on.
Snow is white

a bit of detail

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Josephus wrote:a bit of detail

Well, my 20 month old really likes it. I gotta admit I always like that style.

Beware the V'owls screech!

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:This is going to be my entry tomorrow, if my wife can manage the whole submission thing for me, since I'll be driving to Indiananoplace.

...winter scene...

That was an idea I thought of- have several rabbits hiding in a white shirt being stalked by a white wolf in the snow. All you see is vague snow outlines, eyes teeth and ear hints for bunnies, eyes and ears/furlines for wolf. Maybe also hints of an arctic hawk up in the sky... yours is pretty much this concept, so I'll not do it.

All subtle and negative space.

Trees are a good add, but I might lighten them up in points as if snow is attached to them.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

I will not beg for votes...

However, I *will* ask politely for you to take a look and decide if I deserve yours.

Please take a tiny gander!

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

He's a cookiecidal maniac!

SkekTek

I might resub my arctic monkey on dark blue shirt. Worked too hard on it to be languishing at 20 votes...

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mrs Joe didn't get the shirt submitted?
Hope everything is OK there.
Maybe he should teach Laura how to do it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Mrs Joe didn't get the shirt submitted?
Hope everything is OK there.
Maybe he should teach Laura how to do it!

Are you sure? I thought I already voted for it.

Edit: Yeah, it has 93 votes.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

SkekTek

pooflady wrote:Are you sure? I thought I already voted for it.

Edit: Yeah, it has 93 votes.

He's doing well...

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

SkekTek

Yay! My Non-HM streak continues! They picked the two designs in front of me, and the one behind me, but not mine.

Told you they hate me...