killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
KtCallista wrote:yes, everyone on your side tends to be going to bed before I get my dinner. . . funny how that works out. I have a much more pleasant wooting hour though.

Indeed.

I am concerned about Fen. Even though I might have my IM set as "away", I typically see his name in my IM list on Trillian. There is a certain comfort seeing names there.

Oftentimes, I even get a little message. I haven't heard from him for a little while now. Anyone know what might be going on? Hope everything is okay. :worried:

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
killingtime wrote:Indeed.

I am concerned about Fen. Even though I might have my IM set as "away", I typically see his name in my IM list on Trillian. There is a certain comfort seeing names there.

Oftentimes, I even get a little message. I haven't heard from him for a little while now. Anyone know what might be going on? Hope everything is okay. :worried:

He posted early this morning somewhere. He seems to be okay. I'm still waiting for my Christmas card, though.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
pooflady wrote:He posted early this morning somewhere. He seems to be okay. I'm still waiting for my Christmas card, though.

I mwant to mail them out last weekend, but I put off getting the photos printed till it was to late to send them. They Should go out this weekend. It isn't even thanksgiving yet though so...

Yes, I'm ok. Just busy.

Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady

FenStar wrote:I mwant to mail them out last weekend, but I put off getting the photos printed till it was to late to send them. They Should go out this weekend. It isn't even thanksgiving yet though so...

Yes, I'm ok. Just busy.

It is early, I just thought because you said you were sending them...
Mine don't usually go out until at least the second or third week of December.

Edit: Are you home for the week or did you stay on campus to help decorate the gingerbread houses?

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:It is early, I just thought because you said you were sending them...
Mine don't usually go out until at least the second or third week of December.

Edit: Are you home for the week or did you stay on campus to help decorate the gingerbread houses?

Now I have two boxed of assorted cards. It is going to take me forever to write them if I have to pick a card for a person. I don't know why they didn't sell the one card in a box.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
killingtime wrote:Indeed.

A lot of people, at one time or another wrote:I am concerned about KT. Even though I might have my IM set as "away", I typically see her name in my IM list on Trillian. There is a certain comfort seeing names there.

Oftentimes, I even get a little message. I haven't heard from her for a little while now. Anyone know what might be going on? Hope everything is okay. :worried:

It's funny how little electronic doo-dads have become analogous for signs of life. It's like a parent turning to the other and saying: "I don't hear the baby breathing anymore! Go check to see if everything is OK!"

Woot and IM are our warped little baby monitors. Wow.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Now I have two boxed of assorted cards. It is going to take me forever to write them if I have to pick a card for a person. I don't know why they didn't sell the one card in a box.

Don't choose . . . make your list of recipients, address all the envelopes, shuffle the cards and just stick 'em in each envelope from the top of the stack.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
AZGman wrote:Don't choose . . . make your list of recipients, address all the envelopes, shuffle the cards and just stick 'em in each envelope from the top of the stack.

Ohh, I wish I could let myself do that, I choose. It may be a female thing. . .

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Don't choose . . . make your list of recipients, address all the envelopes, shuffle the cards and just stick 'em in each envelope from the top of the stack.

Noooooooo, I want the blue one!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
KtCallista wrote:Ohh, I wish I could let myself do that, I choose. It may be a female thing. . .

I have to admit, before we started doing the photo card I would sometimes have to buy (at most) 2 types of cards. It's pretty easy to sort people into "close family and friends" and "acquaintances" and give the "better" card to the first group. But it's much easier to just have one card and send the same thing to everyone.

AZGman

krapposelli wrote:I have to admit, before we started doing the photo card I would sometimes have to buy (at most) 2 types of cards. It's pretty easy to sort people into "close family and friends" and "acquaintances" and give the "better" card to the first group. But it's much easier to just have one card and send the same thing to everyone.

I've never liked the "one card fits all" concept.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:I've never liked the "one card fits all" concept.

PM me your addy and I'll see if you like my one-size-fits all card. I'll write a unique note as an added bonus.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman

daj59 wrote:PM me your addy and I'll see if you like my one-size-fits all card. I'll write a unique note as an added bonus.

How would I know it's one size fits all?

krapposelli

AZGman wrote:I've never liked the "one card fits all" concept.

That's it. You're off my Christmas card list.

We do the photo card - and if you think about how much time it takes to find a time when the kids might be most obliged to be helpful, clean the kids up, dress them up, clean the house enough for it to be photo-worthy, take a gazillion pictures to try to get a good one - and in a different setting/pose than previous years, deal with the sibling rivalry and fighting and bickering and the resulting escalating parental tempers and on and on, you'd understand how much thought and effort went into that one card. Some years we were lucky to get one out at all.

pooflady

Mothers, kids, grandkids, goddaughter, sister and nephews get "special" cards. Everyone else, the same thing. Although the kids may be dropped after this year, because we're not getting "special" cards from them.

pooflady

krapposelli wrote:That's it. You're off my Christmas card list.

We do the photo card - and if you think about how much time it takes to find a time when the kids might be most obliged to be helpful, clean the kids up, dress them up, clean the house enough for it to be photo-worthy, take a gazillion pictures to try to get a good one - and in a different setting/pose than previous years, deal with the sibling rivalry and fighting and bickering and the resulting escalating parental tempers and on and on, you'd understand how much thought and effort went into that one card. Some years we were lucky to get one out at all.

D-i-l takes her photo card during or immediately after the first good snowfall so they're outside in jackets and hats and don't have to be made "presentable". And they're usually pretty good.

AZGman

krapposelli wrote:That's it. You're off my Christmas card list.

That's entirely different . . . I'm talking about boxed production cards.

krapposelli

pooflady wrote:D-i-l takes her photo card during or immediately after the first good snowfall so they're outside in jackets and hats and don't have to be made "presentable". And they're usually pretty good.

Hmmm... that's a thought. I tried to get a few shots while we were at Disney this summer but it was so stinking hot the kids both looked like they were melting in the pictures so that didn't work out.

krapposelli

AZGman wrote:That's entirely different . . . I'm talking about boxed production cards.

Well, okay then. You're back on the "list".

AZGman

pooflady wrote:D-i-l takes her photo card during or immediately after the first good snowfall so they're outside in jackets and hats and don't have to be made "presentable". And they're usually pretty good.

Great idea - especially if you can get a friend to take pics so the whole family is in the shot.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

we like to do pictures sitting on pumpkins or hay bales at the pumpkin patch, or playing in the fall leaves. They're usually having a good time, so the pics tend to be pretty good.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

gwp wrote: It's funny how little electronic doo-dads have become analogous for signs of life. It's like a parent turning to the other and saying: "I don't hear the baby breathing anymore! Go check to see if everything is OK!"

Woot and IM are our warped little baby monitors. Wow.

L O L , it would surprise no one here if you found out that after only a few nights the baby was in our bed and stayed there!

No, I don't want all the missing wooters in my bed, just on my IM screen!

Oh, btw, we figured when the kid hit kindergarten and found out other kids slept in their own room , she would move out.
Well, guess what? In many, many parts of the world kids sleep in a family bed and it backfired on us!
Most of her friends were in the same room as the parents. Ugh
Thank goodness son never cared and slept in the crib with no problem.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

JoeDeeDee wrote:we like to do pictures sitting on pumpkins or hay bales at the pumpkin patch, or playing in the fall leaves. They're usually having a good time, so the pics tend to be pretty good.

Yeah, the same with the "snow" pics. The kids are excited about the first snow, so they're smiling and looking excited.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:Noooooooo, I want the blue one!

note...send daj blue card.
Do I have an address?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Who does the really cool homemade card? Josephus?
I think it is him. I remember showing the picture of the card to my family (well not son, it is hard to get a teenage boy excited about a christmas card).

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

FenStar

dontwantaname wrote:Who does the really cool homemade card? Josephus?
I think it is him. I remember showing the picture of the card to my family (well not son, it is hard to get a teenage boy excited about a christmas card).

Was it made out of wood?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:Was it made out of wood?

Well, paper is made from wood, so yeah.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

tennbeekeeper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tennbeekeeper
dontwantaname wrote:Well, paper is made from wood, so yeah.

Good evening!!
Fen, does my card go out this weekend, too?

FenStar

tennbeekeeper wrote:Good evening!!
Fen, does my card go out this weekend, too?

hopefully

Need a really cool tie?

tennbeekeeper

FenStar wrote:hopefully

Need a really cool tie?

AS much as I like Science Fiction, I wouldn't pay $1 for that tie, much less over $16 bucks!!

FenStar

another neat tie

FenStar

tennbeekeeper wrote:AS much as I like Science Fiction, I wouldn't pay $1 for that tie, much less over $16 bucks!!

It does look like it it low quality, and the photo isn't that great, but it has Spock!

tennbeekeeper

FenStar wrote:It does look like it it low quality, and the photo isn't that great, but it has Spock!

Who buys these ties?? I feel like D'name asking this, but isn't the reason you wear a tie because you want to dress up and not look dorky?

tennbeekeeper

tennbeekeeper wrote:Who buys these ties?? I feel like D'name asking this, but isn't the reason you wear a tie because you want to dress up and not look dorky?

You know Kenny is so cute, if you can keep him alive long enough, but going to a nice dinner or church with him or Spock on your chest...

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
FenStar wrote:It does look like it it low quality, and the photo isn't that great, but it has Spock!

Spock is good, but hmmm no use for the tie.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

tennbeekeeper

Off the tie subject, sadly, it is the time of the year that the lady bugs start finding some way into my house! How do you keep lady bugs out? I don't even know how they find a way in!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:another neat tie

You killed Kenny!!! You bas---d!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

tennbeekeeper

dontwantaname wrote:You killed Kenny!!! You bas---d!

That is just about all I know about South Park. Thankfully.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

tennbeekeeper wrote:Off the tie subject, sadly, it is the time of the year that the lady bugs start finding some way into my house! How do you keep lady bugs out? I don't even know how they find a way in!

If you are going to have a bug in your house a lady bug has to be the best one!

Hi Tennabee!
Unless I was just insulted.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

tennbeekeeper

dontwantaname wrote:If you are going to have a bug in your house a lady bug has to be the best one!

Hi Tennabee!
Unless I was just insulted.

L O L
Hi, D'name!! Did you read my PM to you, yet??

P.S. No, it just hit me that the voice I have in my head for you sounded like it was asking that question. I hope *that* makes sense!