+ Add a Comment

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Look what I found for KT!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpCg5h7MyNk&feature=related

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:

Backing out slowly, closing door, running like hell.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Look what I found for KT!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpCg5h7MyNk&feature=related

I don't know about KT, but that really cheered me up some. Thanks D'name.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
no1 wrote:

awesome! perfection!

the youtube cat thing made me smile...

happy t-day to everyone!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I just saw beowulf in 3D, it was pretty good.

Still single, can't imagine why.

KtCallista

FenStar wrote:I just saw beowulf in 3D, it was pretty good.

I'd love to see it. Probably won't be playing anywhere nearby where I could get a babysitter. . .(frustrated that new cinema is so crapy - errrrrrr). . . . glad it was good.

killingtime

Temporary set back tonight emotionally...

pooflady

killingtime wrote:Temporary set back tonight emotionally...

So come talk to us for a while. We'll try to get your mind off things.

As mistress of online shopping, have you ever bought perfume online?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I'm sorry I missed you on AIM. I should be on tomorrow. It will be ok.

Still single, can't imagine why.

namewasbad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages namewasbad

We are still here for you. If you want.

Opps, I'm voting on shirts...well you know who I am.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FenStar wrote:I just saw beowulf in 3D, it was pretty good.

Saw it but not in 3D. Did not like. I think 3D would be a definite improvement. They pandered to it a lot in the movie.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

Sry KT. Come back when the time is right.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

KtCallista

daj59 wrote:Saw it but not in 3D. Did not like. I think 3D would be a definite improvement. They pandered to it a lot in the movie.

Hmmmm

KtCallista

I am sorry, I hope you know we are all here for you whenever you need a shoulder or an ear.(or eyes as it were)

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom

Call me!!
Or I will call you....
You are loved.

no1

Bumpety bump bump, bumpety bump bump, look at Frosty go.

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

Holidays can be very difficult.

no1

Ms. Time,
'tis good that it is only temporary. They say that time heals all wounds. May yours go quickly.

NeoLuddite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeoLuddite

killingtime

What I learned today...Sometimes you have to rise to the occasion no matter how difficult...Be true to your core. At the end of the day, you will have to look in the mirror and like and accept who is reflected back.

IN MEMORIAM:
S.B. - May You Rest In Peace today and always, Dad-in-Law. I am sorry I could not be there to send you off...you know why. If you looked in the place with the golden windows that we've been together before, you know I did my best to be there in the best possible way. I left you note on the wall. You are in good company now. There is no more pain. Soar, my timid bird...visit me when you can.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:What I learned today...Sometimes you have to rise to the occasion no matter how difficult...Be true to your core. At the end of the day, you will have to look in the mirror and like and accept who is reflected back.

IN MEMORIAM:
S.B. - May You Rest In Peace today and always, Dad-in-Law. I am sorry I could not be there to send you off...you know why. If you looked in the place with the golden windows that we've been together before, you know I did my best to be there in the best possible way. I left you note on the wall. You are in good company now. There is no more pain. Soar, my timid bird...visit me when you can.

Sorry KT, I'm sure he knew of your love.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
killingtime wrote:What I learned today...Sometimes you have to rise to the occasion no matter how difficult...Be true to your core. At the end of the day, you will have to look in the mirror and like and accept who is reflected back.

IN MEMORIAM:

I am so sorry, KT. It is always hard to lose someone you have loved no matter what the current circumstances.
And you are right, you have to be true to yourself and do the right thing. If you always stick to that philosophy you can get through anything.

pooflady

IN MEMORIAM:

So sorry for your loss. And doubly hard that you couldn't be there. I'm sure he knew you were there in spirit.

ThunderThighs

Staff

My thoughts are with you. I truly believe our passed friends know our deepest thoughts and feelings.

FORUM MODERATOR

KtCallista

bump because of v8r.

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
KtCallista wrote:bump because of v8r.

Why is everyone picking on me?

KtCallista

darthv8r wrote:Why is everyone picking on me?

easy target, sorry.

no1

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmfJuZ5OYZA

Thank you Mr1. The Simpsons are an appropriate response to any and all situations!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

stlwooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter

IN MEMORIAM:

didn't see this 'til now. call if you want to talk. much love from the lands of woot.

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Thank you Mr1. The Simpsons are an appropriate response to any and all situations!

Ms. Name, that's a cromulent response.

killingtime

stlwooter wrote:didn't see this 'til now. call if you want to talk. much love from the lands of woot.

Thanks, much appreciated.

It is weird to be alone on the holidays. I had a pretty good Thanksgiving. I went out to dinner with my parents so it was a small party, but the food was amazing! The feeling I had after eating was as close to love as I have felt in a while...a complete buzz without a drop of alcohol.

I am part of a separated, divorced and widowed group that meets on Monday nights. They have activities to keep people busy. I participated in game night which featured "Pictionary." It has been good in a way, but I am the youngest one there. The average age group is probably 50-60. I actually had a 70+ year old guy give me his phone number last week. No lie. I am not sure whether to be flattered or depressed.

Tonight was our first snowfall. I always loved the sight of fresh snow and being inside with my husband. I wonder if I will be able to appreciate its purity and beauty still?

I still cry at love songs, non-love songs (listening to music is nearly impossible), watching tv programs with couples particularly kissing or otherwise, the sight of babies or women pushing strollers...

It is very hard to keep focused on the now and the future. I don't want to be alone.

I have a few solaces...my immediate family (keep those good thoughts for my Dad going as he will go through a heart operation soon), my three cats (particularly when I wake up and all three are sleeping on the bed with me) & my work (I am fortunate to be in an environment with a supportive boss that values my talent.)

If I were to explain everything that has happened in the last year, it would sound like Peyton Place...

If anyone has any suggestions on how to best cut myself from the past 9 -10 years of my life in order to proceed with a new life, it would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I am stuck in a rut...particularly as this lonely holiday time approaches...

-KT

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:Thanks, much appreciated.

It is weird to be alone on the holidays. I had a pretty good Thanksgiving. I went out to dinner with my parents so it was a small party, but the food was amazing! The feeling I had after eating was as close to love as I have felt in a while...a complete buzz without a drop of alcohol.

I am part of a separated, divorced and widowed group that meets on Monday nights. They have activities to keep people busy. I participated in game night which featured "Pictionary." It has been good in a way, but I am the youngest one there. The average age group is probably 50-60. I actually had a 70+ year old guy give me his phone number last week. No lie. I am not sure whether to be flattered or depressed.

Tonight was our first snowfall. I always loved the sight of fresh snow and being inside with my husband. I wonder if I will be able to appreciate its purity and beauty still?

I still cry at love songs, non-love songs (listening to music is nearly impossible), watching tv programs with couples particularly kissing or otherwise, the sight of babies or women pushing strollers...

It is very hard to keep focused on the now and the future. I don't want to be alone.

I have a few solaces...my immediate family (keep those good thoughts for my Dad going as he will go through a heart operation soon), my three cats (particularly when I wake up and all three are sleeping on the bed with me) & my work (I am fortunate to be in an environment with a supportive boss that values my talent.)

If I were to explain everything that has happened in the last year, it would sound like Peyton Place...

If anyone has any suggestions on how to best cut myself from the past 9 -10 years of my life in order to proceed with a new life, it would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I am stuck in a rut...particularly as this lonely holiday time approaches...

-KT

You are still young and a new year is coming soon!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
killingtime wrote:

-KT

I'm not sure I have much useful advice, and I'm sure the rest of the holidays will be hard, but hopefully you can take some comfort in knowing that many people care about you (even nearly complete strangers!), time really does heal all wounds eventually, and although it will still take some time, someday you will be feeling better and will be able to move forward. I hope that day comes soon for you and I also hope that your dad does well with his upcoming surgery. Best of luck to you with everything and I wish you and your family peaceful and happy holidays.

pooflady

killingtime wrote:

-KT

I wish with all my heart I could help, but there's no magic pill and no magic words. Through the ages, the only advice seems to be time and stay busy.

KtCallista

killingtime wrote:

-KT

I am glad you were able to get some enjoyment from Thanksgiving with your family. We will remember your Dad and be praying for him here.
As for suggestions, don't lock yourself away from the world for too long a period of time each time you leave to be alone. Being alone to think is good, but isolation is not healthy. Start building up new memories and associations, like this Thanksgiving with your family. Hold on to those times and they will be the start of a new life.

That is all the feeble advice I can share. Please know that even more strangers are out here caring about you!

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
killingtime wrote:Thanks, much appreciated.

-KT

KT - We haven't "talked" much, but it still hurts to know how much you are hurting. I think it's admirable that you've joined a support group - even if they aren't your peers in age. I'm sure you will learn from them as they will learn from you. As far as the past - like others have said, there are no magic words or pills, but simply to take it a day at a time and keeping your focus on the future. Take care and you'll be in my thoughts.

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
killingtime wrote:It is weird to be alone on the holidays. I had a pretty good Thanksgiving. I went out to dinner with my parents so it was a small party, but the food was amazing! The feeling I had after eating was as close to love as I have felt in a while...a complete buzz without a drop of alcohol.

All fond memories have to begin somewhere. You are now building new, fond memories.

killingtime wrote:I am part of a separated, divorced and widowed group that meets on Monday nights. They have activities to keep people busy. I participated in game night which featured "Pictionary." It has been good in a way, but I am the youngest one there.

Just as some of the more mature members of your support group bring a valuable perspective, so do the younger members. They are enriched by your attendance as much as you are by theirs. Maybe more.

killingtime wrote:The average age group is probably 50-60. I actually had a 70+ year old guy give me his phone number last week. No lie. I am not sure whether to be flattered or depressed.

You should be flattered. You have proven to him at least that you are an interesting person. All you need to do is convince yourself.

killingtime wrote:Tonight was our first snowfall. I always loved the sight of fresh snow and being inside with my husband. I wonder if I will be able to appreciate its purity and beauty still?

You loved the sight of fresh snowfall. He happened to be there. Did you not also enjoy similar things before you two met? He does not define how you feel. He just shared a few of those things. You are still you.

killingtime wrote:I still cry at love songs

Those that wrote those songs had people like you (and others of us) in mind. Feeling the words and longing for what they're painting is not a defect. It's an indicator that you're alive, and human, and a feeling being. Embrace that!

killingtime wrote:It is very hard to keep focused on the now and the future. I don't want to be alone.

It will become clearer as you heal and grow. Honest.

killingtime wrote:I have a few solaces...my immediate family (keep those good thoughts for my Dad going as he will go through a heart operation soon), my three cats (particularly when I wake up and all three are sleeping on the bed with me) & my work (I am fortunate to be in an environment with a supportive boss that values my talent.)

Taking stock of your plusses is important. It is healthy to pause and give thanks for your blessings as well as bemoan your losses. Balance in all things.

killingtime wrote:If anyone has any suggestions on how to best cut myself from the past 9 -10 years of my life in order to proceed with a new life, it would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I am stuck in a rut...particularly as this lonely holiday time approaches...

Through the last 9-10 years, you experienced things, went places, tasted food, heard sounds, etc. Some of those times he was also seeing or hearing those things too. Taking him out of the equation does not erase your experiences however. You can choose to alter your viewpoint when you dream of some of those events to make them about you (singular) rather than you and he.

The best way to make it all about you however is to concentrate on the present and plan for the future. Dream of the past if you'd like, but don't dwell there.