ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Josephus wrote:Hey! misquote me don't into grammar improper speaking !

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:Hey! don't misquote me into speaking with improper grammar!

Dr. J,

That isn't a misquote; with the exception of the ellipsis, everything there is what you posted. I merely...uh... "edited" out the uninteresting parts. I think it reads much better that way!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
no1 wrote:Dr. J,

That isn't a misquote; with the exception of the ellipsis, everything there is what you posted. I merely...uh... "edited" out the uninteresting parts. I think it reads much better that way!

hmmph.

tick.

tick.

tick.

Josephus

never mind. this was too good to ignore.

krapposelli wrote: hot rollers

no1

Josephus wrote:hmmph.

tick.

tick.

tick.

Dr. J,
Tick? Please be careful, you might get rocky mountain spotted fever.

Josephus

no1 wrote:rocky mountin

Josephus

Tick? Please be careful, you might get rocky mountain spotted fever.

Lyme disease, actually. had it at least once, possibly twice. we've all had it, thanks to the savage deer population of suburban Maryland.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Josephus wrote:Lyme disease, actually. had it at least once, possibly twice. we've all had it, thanks to the savage deer population of suburban Maryland.

Savage deer?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

no1

Josephus wrote:Lyme disease, actually. had it at least once, possibly twice. we've all had it, thanks to the savage deer population of suburban Maryland.

Dr. J,
Watch out for RMSF too! According to wikipedia, "Despite the availability of effective treatment and advances in medical care, approximately 3% to 5% of individuals who become ill with Rocky Mountain spotted fever still die from the infection."

Josephus

Watch out for RMSF too! According to wikipedia, "Despite the availability of effective treatment and advances in medical care, approximately 3% to 5% of individuals who become ill with Rocky Mountain spotted fever still die from the infection."

I don't think we have much of it around here, though. We are in the center of Lyme disease country. giant, disease carrying rats, that's what the deer are.

edit: no offense, Splinter, in case you are reading this over d'name's shoulder.

no1

Josephus wrote:I don't think we have much of it around here, though. We are in the center of Lyme disease country. giant, disease carrying rats, that's what the deer are.

edit: no offense, Splinter, in case you are reading this over d'name's shoulder.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/rmsf/Q&A.htm#whereoccur

In the United States, where do most cases of Rocky Mountain spotted fever occur?
Rocky Mountain spotted fever is a seasonal disease and occurs throughout the United States during the months of April through September. Over half of the cases occur in the south-Atlantic region of the United States (Delaware, Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida). The highest incidence rates have been found in North Carolina and Oklahoma. Although this disease was first discovered and recognized in the Rocky Mountain area, relatively few cases are reported from that area today.

no1

daj59 wrote:I'm feeling the love knot.

Josephus

no1 wrote:

I had no idea.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
Josephus wrote:never mind. this was too good to ignore.

Oooh. I got quoted in the euphemism thread. And now for a (hopefully) new euphemism for the thread:

Inserting tab a into slot b

no1

FenStar wrote:I have a small comfort zone.

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
pooflady wrote:Why am I suddenly thinking about three men in a tub?

killingtime wrote:Like...who doesn't?

Suddenly or not...

*whistles nonchalantly*

rjkuka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjkuka

Taking the wrinkles out !!

Josephus

dontwantaname wrote:...Can you find one with a bigger th*ng?

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:

I can't find that anywhere.
It was bad enough watching what you say before this thread! Now it is even worse.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

allawayr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allawayr

Ah! Another Marylander. Never won'lda known, Josephus. And about the deer population there; I hit a deer within a week of getting my license (not my fault, either -- it jumped out of the trees right in front of the car). My dad has hit a deer as well, and he's one of the better driver's I know. My sister's gotten Lyme disease - twice. Our pets constantly get deer ticks even when using Frontline.

It's horrible. (and they only allow bow hunting in my area not that I'm a hunter, but I'd like someone to be able to take care of the ever increasing deer population).

And it's not much better in PA (where I'm currently situated).

Josephus

allawayr wrote:Ah! Another Marylander. Never won'lda known, Josephus. And about the deer population there; I hit a deer within a week of getting my license (not my fault, either -- it jumped out of the trees right in front of the car). My dad has hit a deer as well, and he's one of the better driver's I know. My sister's gotten Lyme disease - twice. Our pets constantly get deer ticks even when using Frontline.

It's horrible. (and they only allow bow hunting in my area not that I'm a hunter, but I'd like someone to be able to take care of the ever increasing deer population).

And it's not much better in PA (where I'm currently situated).

our golden retriever got it and died from kidney failure shortly after we moved here- cherry. I still miss her. Since then, our dogs were vaccinated for it when there was still a vaccine- I don't know if it' still available for dogs or not.
My wife hit a deer here a day after buying a brand new van. Had to get a whole new front end.
truly, the deer are a scourge upon the land.

Josephus

dontwantaname wrote:I can't find that anywhere.
It was bad enough watching what you say before this thread! Now it is even worse.

maybe this message explains why?

Josephus

krapposelli wrote:Oooh. I got quoted

"quote me, baby!"

allawayr

Josephus wrote:our golden retriever got it and died from kidney failure shortly after we moved here- cherry. I still miss her. Since then, our dogs were vaccinated for it when there was still a vaccine- I don't know if it' still available for dogs or not.
My wife hit a deer here a day after buying a brand new van. Had to get a whole new front end.
truly, the deer are a scourge upon the land.

Wow - I'm really sorry to hear that. But definitely - they're giant rats.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Not much better in Ohio. There was a disease not too long ago, bluetongue, that was killing a lot of them. Not enough.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Josephus

daj59 wrote: a 'boring' night

no1

pooflady wrote:bluetongue

Lady Poof,

Is that anything like blue balls?

pooflady

no1 wrote:Lady Poof,

I didn't know blue balls could kill you.

no1

pooflady wrote:I didn't know blue balls could kill you.

Lady Poof,
I would quote this post into the Euphemisms thread, but we're already here.

pooflady

I would quote this post into the Euphemisms thread, but we're already here.

Kind of stating the obvious, aren't you?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

allawayr wrote:Wow - I'm really sorry to hear that. But definitely - they're giant rats.

Exactly what is wrong with rats?????

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Exactly what is wrong with rats?????

You tell 'em. Thursday starts the Chinese year of the rat. It's Splinter's year.

Josephus

I think there's a severe disease called blue tongue virus that'll kick your ass if you're a cloven-hoofed creature, like a deer or goat or giraffe. or vicuna. or camel.
or satyr.

Josephus

bubonic plague. and apparently in New York City, they're the size of buses (according to Dave Letterman, who is from Broad Ripple, after all).

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:bubonic plague. and apparently in New York City, they're the size of buses (according to Dave Letterman, who is from Broad Ripple, after all).

The rats didn't have the plague. The ticks did.

I did see some very large rats near City Hall in the city once.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Josephus

hety, now, you need to read things in context, and don't just jump to scurrilous conclusions. The original post said this, from a few seconds after I initially posted it, whereupon I edited it to this version (bolded):

Josephus wrote:I don't think we have much of it around here, though. We are in the center of Lyme disease country. giant, disease carrying rats, that's what the deer are.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:

yeah, sure.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

allawayr

Let me rephrase - giant WILD rats. I don't have a problem with the domesticated ones ;) The feral ones just don't appeal to me for some reason....

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

allawayr wrote:Let me rephrase - giant WILD rats. I don't have a problem with the domesticated ones ;) The feral ones just don't appeal to me for some reason....

STUDY!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

allawayr

dontwantaname wrote:STUDY!

Hahah - good idea. I guess I'll go off and do that now ;)