pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Uncorked wrote:Gettin' colder....and windier...you know the feeling
Work is very busy this month, I guess people are more prone to illness in February.
Life is good except for getting youngest son to be successful in college....oh well, can't have it all...

I have two that weren't. Like you said...

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
Uncorked wrote:Gettin' colder....and windier...you know the feeling
Work is very busy this month, I guess people are more prone to illness in February.
Life is good except for getting youngest son to be successful in college....oh well, can't have it all...

yeah - we got a fair bit of snow today..more than the 'couple of inches' they forecast. Oh well. Its heavy snow, and it really does look pretty on the trees.

Yeah, I think Feb is one of the busiest 'sick months'.....actually, I think researchers in the UK deemed last Mon to be the 'sickest' day of the year - something to do with illness and post-holiday blues and post-holiday bills.

Does son really wanna be in college right now?

Uncorked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uncorked
Lynnzoi wrote:yeah - we got a fair bit of snow today..more than the 'couple of inches' they forecast. Oh well. Its heavy snow, and it really does look pretty on the trees.

Yeah, I think Feb is one of the busiest 'sick months'.....actually, I think researchers in the UK deemed last Mon to be the 'sickest' day of the year - something to do with illness and post-holiday blues and post-holiday bills.

Does son really wanna be in college right now?

He knows he needs to get through college. He's a bright kid and doesn't like "busy work". He has to see a practical application (algebra=yes, calculus=no). He did pass statistics this last semester. He'll be 23 in a couple of months, we can't carry him too much longer.
We've encouraged him to do a hands-on program, but he hasn't warmed to the idea...

Domestic Zymologist since 1980

Uncorked

pooflady wrote:I have two that weren't. Like you said...

We're not really concerned about college itself, he just needs to succeed at something post highschool. He's really great working on computers/electronics, but he wants to keep it a hobby, not a job.

Lynnzoi

Uncorked wrote:He knows he needs to get through college. He's a bright kid and doesn't like "busy work". He has to see a practical application (algebra=yes, calculus=no). He did pass statistics this last semester. He'll be 23 in a couple of months, we can't carry him too much longer.
We've encouraged him to do a hands-on program, but he hasn't warmed to the idea...

hmmm

my older brother took forever to complete his undergrad - he was much happier working full time in various jobs than finishing his degree. All of his jobs were computer-related however...and he now works for IBM. Took him a while to figure it out tho. Some folks are like that. Am sure your son will figure it out and be successful....

pooflady

Uncorked wrote:We're not really concerned about college itself, he just needs to succeed at something post highschool. He's really great working on computers/electronics, but he wants to keep it a hobby, not a job.

One of mine went in the AF and they put him through a technical school. Has a pretty decent job. I''m happy. The other one...*sigh*

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Uncorked

Lynnzoi wrote:hmmm

my older brother took forever to complete his undergrad - he was much happier working full time in various jobs than finishing his degree. All of his jobs were computer-related however...and he now works for IBM. Took him a while to figure it out tho. Some folks are like that. Am sure your son will figure it out and be successful....

His favorite book as a child..."Leo the Late Bloomer"

Lynnzoi

Uncorked wrote:His favorite book as a child..."Leo the Late Bloomer"

heehee

hell, I still don't know what I wanna be when I grow up!

Uncorked

pooflady wrote:One of mine went in the AF and they put him through a technical school. Has a pretty decent job. I''m happy. The other one...*sigh*

He's a big kid with a good heart. We're trying to get him to eat better without nagging too much.
We save the nagging for "study more" or "find a job"

Time to say goodnight. I suspect I may have to shovel in the morning before we can get out....night.

Lynnzoi

Uncorked wrote:He's a big kid with a good heart. We're trying to get him to eat better without nagging too much.
We save the nagging for "study more" or "find a job"

Time to say goodnight. I suspect I may have to shovel in the morning before we can get out....night.

gnight!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', Lynn

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Mornin', Lynn

mornin AZ

Lynnzoi

Lynnzoi wrote:mornin AZ

you at work?

Lynnzoi

Lynnzoi wrote:you at work?

ah yes....saw over on PWA that you were headed in

sorry

Lynnzoi

well, I was sposed to be at S at 11....but didn't even get up til almost 10:30 so guess I ain't gonna make it by 11. We're just hanging today tho so no biggie. Weather is pretty sucky up here again today. joy.

guess I'd better hit the shower.....

Lynnzoi

hope ya git outta there at a reasonable hour AZ

toodles!

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:hope ya git outta there at a reasonable hour AZ

toodles!

HiByeCya . . . enjoy!

AZGman

Hmmm . . . no Lynn, no yammerin'.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
AZGman wrote:Hmmm . . . no Lynn, no yammerin'.

didn't you have a blue square up until recently, Gman?

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

AZGman

jqubed wrote:didn't you have a blue square up until recently, Gman?

I dunno . . .

Uncorked

AZGman wrote:I dunno . . .

Morning AZ
our scheduled paths never seem to cross these days......

Lynnzoi

mornin AZ

Lynnzoi

I got an early day today so I'm outty....meetin the boss at 7 so we can rearrange stuff - her husband, our contractor, did more work on the clinic over the weekend so we're gettin in early to reorganize.

hope your day goes well!

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:I got an early day today so I'm outty....meetin the boss at 7 so we can rearrange stuff - her husband, our contractor, did more work on the clinic over the weekend so we're gettin in early to reorganize.

hope your day goes well!

HiByeCya!!

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:I got an early day today so I'm outty....meetin the boss at 7 so we can rearrange stuff - her husband, our contractor, did more work on the clinic over the weekend so we're gettin in early to reorganize.

hope your day goes well!

Thought for a minute they were going to rearrange her husband and their contractor.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Thought for a minute they were going to rearrange her husband and their contractor.

I don't think she wanted to say, " . . . to clean up after them."

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Thought for a minute they were going to rearrange her husband and their contractor.

There is a dirty joke in there someplace. I just can't find it.

Opps.... Morning Gman!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:There is a dirty joke in there someplace. I just can't find it.

Opps.... Morning Gman!

Afternoon, d'name

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, d'name

How is work?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:How is work?

Quiet right now . . . but I still have six hours to go . . .

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Quiet right now . . . but I still have six hours to go . . .

5 1/2 now!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:5 1/2 now!

3 3/4 now . . .

Lynnzoi

long day fer both of us - I was planning on leaving early until we had 2 emergencies come in. ended up leaving quite late.

Gate to back yard was fubar this morning - I kicked it to get it open and it rode up over the ice so I couldn't close it - wanted to come home early to chip out ice. Instead went out to bungee cord it shut and fell down my front steps.

I think I was po'd about the phone call on my machine and wasn't thinkin about my footing when I went out the door. My fault. No injuries....just made me even more po'd!!

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:long day fer both of us - I was planning on leaving early until we had 2 emergencies come in. ended up leaving quite late.

Gate to back yard was fubar this morning - I kicked it to get it open and it rode up over the ice so I couldn't close it - wanted to come home early to chip out ice. Instead went out to bungee cord it shut and fell down my front steps.

I think I was po'd about the phone call on my machine and wasn't thinkin about my footing when I went out the door. My fault. No injuries....just made me even more po'd!!

Is yer bum bummed?

Hiya, kiddo . . . just got home twenty minutes ago . . .

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Is yer bum bummed?

Hiya, kiddo . . . just got home twenty minutes ago . . .

your day was even longer than mine

no - top of foot, wrist, hand took the beating this time ...

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:your day was even longer than mine

no - top of foot, wrist, hand took the beating this time ...

Not as long . . . I went in at 10. The 5 pm meeting never happened . . . ended up staying late cuz big big boss wants his info update first thing in the morning . . . which means going in extra early tomorrow . . . which means I'll prolly be outta here in a few minutes . . .

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Not as long . . . I went in at 10. The 5 pm meeting never happened . . . ended up staying late cuz big big boss wants his info update first thing in the morning . . . which means going in extra early tomorrow . . . which means I'll prolly be outta here in a few minutes . . .

my goodness...you got the crazy schedule of the week award!

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:my goodness...you got the crazy schedule of the week award!

. . . and the week has just started!!!

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:. . . and the week has just started!!!

off to a rollickin start!

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:off to a rollickin start!

It's a-rollickin' and I'm a-rollillin'!