Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
pooflady wrote:We probably had one of the strangest mascot names. We were the Grapepickers. Sometimes shortened to the "pickers.

hah - I don't remember that (not that I remember many of the team names we played - except for the Punxsutawney Chucks..yes, named for the resident weather forecaster, that lowly woodchuck)

we were the Owls

Lynnzoi

SkekTek wrote:That's funny, since it's about 1.5 hours to The City...

south of Poughkeepsie, right?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Lynnzoi wrote:south of Poughkeepsie, right?

A tad, yes.

Lynnzoi

SkekTek wrote:A tad, yes.

well then....yer practically in the city

from my perspective, anyway!

SkekTek

Lynnzoi wrote:well then....yer practically in the city

from my perspective, anyway!

Guess it's all relative. But we always thought we lived in the boonies.

Lynnzoi

hah! only on a British 'news' site....story about Paris' Pussy

Lynnzoi

SkekTek wrote: Guess it's all relative. But we always thought we lived in the boonies.

well,there are some pretty boonie-like places in them parts.

SkekTek

Lynnzoi wrote:well,there are some pretty boonie-like places in them parts.

those boonies got me into Bio to begin with. It's hard to not with such natural stuff around.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Ms. Name, you have completely confused me. (That, and following a link from Ms. KtC's quote has put me into Purple Woot. Far out!) If Ms. Girl buys a shirt for herself from woot on the second day, she pays $15 and Prof. Tek pockets $2. If Ms. Girl buys a shirt from woot on the first day and paypals Prof. Tek $5, she pays $15 total and Prof. Tek pockets $5 minus the Paypal fee. (Does woot ship shirts free after the first day?) Since woot is shipping, why would anyone besides Mr. Toon have to go to the Post Office?

I will try again.

Someone buys you the shirt the first day at $10.
They now have to mail it to you.
They can try to rip off the woot mailing sticker (I have a shirt right here that I'm looking at, it is a huge sticker) and then go to the post office and have it reweighed and sent.
Or
They need to take the shirt out of the bag and put it into a big envelope (if they have one)

Either way, it needs to go to the post office and will cost about $3

So, it is almost as easy for the person to buy the shirt the next day. It goes directly to you AND the artist gets $2.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:I will try again.

They can try to rip off the woot mailing sticker (I have a shirt right here that I'm looking at, it is a huge sticker) and then go to the post office and have it reweighed and sent.
Or
They need to take the shirt out of the bag and put it into a big envelope (if they have one)

So, it is almost as easy for the person to buy the shirt the next day. It goes directly to you AND the artist gets $2.

Hee! In this discussion, I'm the artist! Hee! Whodathought?

Lynnzoi

SkekTek wrote:those boonies got me into Bio to begin with. It's hard to not with such natural stuff around.

it is amazing what one can find in their own back yard

quite a few years ago I had a population of Grey Tree Frogs living in my back yard (they liked the pool) One night there was one of them stickin to my kitchen window, just feastin on the moths and millers that were gathering there. I sat and watched him for quite a while. My m-i-l called while I was watching frog-o-vision and asked what I was doin....I told her. She got quiet for a minute then said 'what - is your tv broken?' She just could not fathom sittin and watching a frog.

I think she misses out on a lot in life

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

Ms. Name,
I'm still confused. Why is someone else buying you the shirt? I thought the choice was between you buying yourself a shirt on the first day, or you buying yourself a shirt on the second day. Nobody but woot has to mail anything.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:those boonies got me into Bio to begin with. It's hard to not with such natural stuff around.

You wanna see boonies, come out here and we can tour the whole state.

Beware the V'owls screech!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:You wanna see boonies, come out here and we can tour the whole state.

So the Califonians that are invading Wyoming and Colorado haven't hit Idaho yet?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:So the Califonians that are invading Wyoming and Colorado haven't heit Idaho yet?

Ohh they have, they have come and gone several times, but the state barely has 2 million people. Almost half the state is wilderness area or wilderness buffer zones. Most of the state is owned by federal agencies. Even though I live in one of the most wireless towns in the US, it's still the boonies.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:Ohh they have, they have come and gone several times, but the state barely has 2 million people. Almost half the state is wilderness area or wilderness buffer zones. Most of the state is owned by federal agencies. Even though I live in one of the most wireless towns in the US, it's still the boonies.

Of course, I sometimes work in a remote area. I do my research on the Big Island of Hawaii, where I frequently am the only person in miles up on Mauna Kea. No wireless... it's cool.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Ms. Name,
I'm still confused. Why is someone else buying you the shirt? I thought the choice was between you buying yourself a shirt on the first day, or you buying yourself a shirt on the second day. Nobody but woot has to mail anything.

Someone needs to go back and find the original post.
One of us is nuts.
I could be me.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Of course, I sometimes work in a remote area. I do my research on the Big Island of Hawaii, where I frequently am the only person in miles up on Mauna Kea. No wireless... it's cool.

It is tough to be a scientist!
What are you doing up there?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Uncorked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uncorked

Original posts:

No1 wrote:
Ms. Name, you have completely confused me. (That, and following a link from Ms. KtC's quote has put me into Purple Woot. Far out!) If Ms. Girl buys a shirt for herself from woot on the second day, she pays $15 and Prof. Tek pockets $2. If Ms. Girl buys a shirt from woot on the first day and paypals Prof. Tek $5, she pays $15 total and Prof. Tek pockets $5 minus the Paypal fee. (Does woot ship shirts free after the first day?) Since woot is shipping, why would anyone besides Mr. Toon have to go to the Post Office?

Or

Domestic Zymologist since 1980

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Uncorked wrote:Original posts:

No, the original post was way before those.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:I'm still puzzling this out...wouldn't they sweat evenly? So you would need two pockets with fish? I really, really like the shirt. It might be my first shirt purchase. But it would be sold out before I got up and I'm way too out of it to set my clock.
THEN

tall4agirl wrote:You could always buy it the next day; Skek would even get more $ if you did that (unless they have changed the payout structure).

THEN it got messy

no1 said Ms. Girl,
You could buy it the first day and send Prof. Tek the $5 difference, I think that might be even more.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Oh well, it has turned to winter all at once.
I put the garbage out because it stopped snowing, but now it is doing something again.

I put on some rat food for the squirrels.
They ate the seed stuff, but the nutritionally balanced lab blocks.....they stayed untouched until it snowed.
Even the squirrels don't want them!

Poor lab rats, it is all they get.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Oh well, it has turned to winter all at once.
I put the garbage out because it stopped snowing, but now it is doing something again.

I put on some rat food for the squirrels.
They ate the seed stuff, but the nutritionally balanced lab blocks.....they stayed untouched until it snowed.
Even the squirrels don't want them!

Poor lab rats, it is all they get.

Boy that really says something about those lab blocks. Someone needs to invest in some rat friendly flavoring for those.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

And then they were gone . . .

Mornin', gang

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:And then they were gone . . .

Mornin', gang

I'm not completely gone yet, but I am trying to convince myself to sleep. TTYL

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:And then they were gone . . .

Mornin', gang

mornin AZ, KtC

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:mornin AZ, KtC

Hiya, Lynn!

Did ya/are ya gettin' all the nastiness the weather guessers predicte?

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Hiya, Lynn!

Did ya/are ya gettin' all the nastiness the weather guessers predicte?

yeah...about 8" of snow...now freezing rain

yippee

how're things in AZLand this ayem?

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:yeah...about 8" of snow...now freezing rain

yippee

how're things in AZLand this ayem?

Wet and sleety . . . a bit of freezing rain . . . roads weren't too bad. Got to work about 4:45 - beat the rush AND the logjam that's reported on I-95 northbound . . . other than that, everything is peachy-keen-o-rrific . . . I suppose.

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Wet and sleety . . . a bit of freezing rain . . . roads weren't too bad. Got to work about 4:45 - beat the rush AND the logjam that's reported on I-95 northbound . . . other than that, everything is peachy-keen-o-rrific . . . I suppose.

woohoo!

all of the schools are closed around here.....cars seem to be going by the house ok tho. I should really be outside clearing stuff, then again, don't wanna clear the snow til the freezing rain is over. I told work I may not be in cuz I don't want my neighbor doing my driveway again - my snowblower isn't workin - neighbor is wonderful but I should be out there doing it...

Lynnzoi

ok....my grand plan....goin back to bed for an hour .....will then get up and reassess the situation

ttfn!

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:ok....my grand plan....goin back to bed for an hour .....will then get up and reassess the situation

ttfn!

Cya, schnoozer!!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning, AZ.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

Now you're just playing with me. This thread had a different title yesterday.

SkekTek

Good morning yammerers... from the flooded state of NJ...

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Good morning yammerers... from the flooded state of NJ...

wow, it's pretty flooded here too, but that's what happens when you have rain on snow with saturated dirt.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I was wondering how I Got Narwhal'd! would look!
I'm big, but being old, the girls are much lower than they use to be.

Where would Edgar's monsters be?

The poor fish is going to look like he is being squished.

Or it could look like "my cup runneth over."

Lynnzoi

afternoon...ended up not goin into work....the boss called and told me to stay home - the roads were dreadful. Good thing...they are even worse now.

so have I been productive on my free day? hell no! me and the boys have been sleepin!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:afternoon...ended up not goin into work....the boss called and told me to stay home - the roads were dreadful. Good thing...they are even worse now.

so have I been productive on my free day? hell no! me and the boys have been sleepin!!

That is productive.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:afternoon...ended up not goin into work....the boss called and told me to stay home - the roads were dreadful. Good thing...they are even worse now.

Snow days are supposed to be for fun, not productive. Sleeping is fun.