krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
kenney9226 wrote:Regatta de Blanc echoes:

Chop chop chop chop.

Unh unh unh unh...



Anyone care to translate for me?

edit: Top Huh?

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
krapposelli wrote:Anyone care to translate for me?

edit: Top Huh?



that's not really a good look for you, in case you're wondering.

edit: no clue what he's babbling about.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
Josephus wrote:that's not really a good look for you, in case you're wondering.

edit: no clue what he's babbling about.



Yeah, I know. I realized when I searched for a "huh" picture, that was exactly the face I made when I read his post. Fortunately, I'm in an office by myself and no one saw me.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
krapposelli wrote:Yeah, I know. I realized when I searched for a "huh" picture, that was exactly the face I made when I read his post. Fortunately, I'm in an office by myself and no one saw me.



Thank goodness for that!

kenney9226


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226



Reggatta de Blanc is the second album by The Police, released in 1979.

"Message in a Bottle", a Sting-penned song about alienation, opens the album. It is followed by the mostly instrumental "Reggatta de Blanc", (the title being a pseudo-French translation referring to the albums style of "white reggae") one of the few songs written by all members of the Police. The instrumental piece came from the long instrumental break in the live performance of "Can't Stand Losing You" and earned the band the 1981 Grammy Award for Best Rock Instrumental Performance.

"It's Alright For You" is a driving punk-ish song featuring strong guitar and drum parts. The next three tracks, "Bring on the Night", a song about the execution of Gary Gilmore, "Deathwish", and "Walking on the Moon" all have a strong reggae feel to them. "On Any Other Day" features a rare lead vocal from Stewart Copeland, and is a humorous take on a middle-aged man's mid-life crisis.

"The Bed's Too Big Without You" (later covered by reggae singer Sheila Hylton in 1981, which became a UK chart hit), "Contact" and "Does Everyone Stare" are three songs dealing with the connection, or lack thereof, between two individuals. The hectic "No Time This Time" closes the album.

The album took only a few weeks (spaced over several months) to record, but unlike its successor Zenyatta Mondatta, there was no pressure on the band. As Stewart Copeland describes it, "We just went into the studio and said, 'Right, who's got the first song?' We hadn't even rehearsed them before we went in."

The album continued to build on the success of the band's previous record, Outlandos D'Amour, hitting #1 on the UK and Australian album charts upon its release in October 1979. "Message in a Bottle" and "Walking on the Moon" were released as singles and both reached #1 in Great Britain. It is the favorite Police album of Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers. In 2003, the album was ranked number 369 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.

eeeyohhhhh
eeeyohhhhh
eeeyohhhhh, yohhhh
"Where's my echo?"
Chop chop chop chop...
Unh unh unh unh...
eeyayeyayeyayeyayeyayeyayeyayeyayeyayyyyy!

I think No1 may have quoted the lyrics to "On Any Other Day" over in the silent lyrics forum, or maybe someone just put those awesome words in his mouth.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
kenney9226 wrote:
<bunch of Police stuff>


Okay... that's clear as mud. Thanks anyways.

kenney9226


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
krapposelli wrote:Okay... that's clear as mud. Thanks anyways.



yeah, sorry. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'm about an eight on the fan-O-meter. I used to be a nine until I realized how pompous Gordon Sumner was. But we all can agree that we can cheer for Stewart Copeland, the greatest drummer of all time!

Little known Stewart Copeland fact: he performed the theme songs for THE EQUALIZER and THE AMANDA SHOW, as well as scored the soundtracks to several Hollywood films, including RUMBLEFISH. He's also the only American member of the Police, and his father was an ambassador.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
kenney9226 wrote:yeah, sorry. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'm about an eight on the fan-O-meter. I used to be a nine until I realized how pompous Gordon Sumner was. But we all can agree that we can cheer for Stewart Copeland, the greatest drummer of all time!

Little known Stewart Copeland fact: he performed the theme songs for THE EQUALIZER and THE AMANDA SHOW, as well as scored the soundtracks to several Hollywood films, including RUMBLEFISH. He's also the only American member of the Police, and his father was an ambassador.



Poliiiiiiice!!!! My wife's a nutzo fan of Sumner's. I'm more eh.

EDIT: Gotta argue about Copeland being the greatest drummer- John Bonham and Steve Smith are equally good, and Neil Peart (Rush) is the best.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
kenney9226 wrote:yeah, sorry. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'm about an eight on the fan-O-meter. I used to be a nine until I realized how pompous Gordon Sumner was. But we all can agree that we can cheer for Stewart Copeland, the greatest drummer of all time!

Little known Stewart Copeland fact: he performed the theme songs for THE EQUALIZER and THE AMANDA SHOW, as well as scored the soundtracks to several Hollywood films, including RUMBLEFISH. He's also the only American member of the Police, and his father was an ambassador.



I can't listen to the Police (probably blasphemy, but there ya go). All I hear when I listen to "Roxanne" is nails on a chalkboard screeching. Can't get that sound out of my head with any of their songs.

kenney9226


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
krapposelli wrote:I can't listen to the Police (probably blasphemy, but there ya go). All I hear when I listen to "Roxanne" is nails on a chalkboard screeching. Can't get that sound out of my head with any of their songs.



Oh, Roxanne pales in comparison with most of their other songs. One can see a progression of their skills in each of their 5 albums. It's also clear which songs were not written by G. Sumner, as both Stewart and Andy Summers (who provided music to DOWN AND OUT IN BEVERLY HILLS, if I'm not mistaken) liked songs with odd and eccentric humor. One of Andy's songs, BE MY GIRL - SALLY, is about a lonely guy who gets one of those mail-order blow up dolls and falls in love with her. He only has to worry in case his girl wears thin...

Stewart Copeland bought a 16mm camera shortly after their first album became popular, and he documented much of his experience with the band. He made a movie a few years ago, EVERYONE STARES, of his footage and it won some award at Robert Redford's movie festival.

A cool part was a concert scene where the camera was set up and you could see Stewart drumming, and right in the middle of the song, he turns around, still drumming, and yells to the camera, "check out right over there in front, those guys are fighting! Here comes security!"


joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

AAAZZZZZ where are you? Did you wash away? Anybody home??????

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Gman....
come out, come out, where ever you are

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kenney9226


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
dontwantaname wrote:Gman....
come out, come out, where ever you are



I'm sorry, I really messed things up this morning when I was on my "Stewart Copeland and the Police" soapbox.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kenney9226 wrote:I'm sorry, I really messed things up this morning when I was on my "Stewart Copeland and the Poloce" soapbox.



No, this started yesterday.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
kenney9226 wrote:A cool part was a concert scene where the camera was set up and you could see Stewart drumming, and right in the middle of the song, he turns around, still drumming, and yells to the camera, "<snerk>!"



pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Maybe we're not speaking the correct language.

.....



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
pooflady wrote:Maybe we're not speaking the correct language.

.....



.. .... ... .. ... ........ .. ....?

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:.. .... ... .. ... ........ .. ....?




..--.. ....------.... .-..- ..-..-.. !

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:..--.. ....------.... .-..- ..-..-.. !



-------=======---------



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

Let's try Morse code!!! (unless that's what you were already doing, then yeah, that's what I was doing too)

.-- .... . .-. . .. ... .- --.. --. -- .- -. ..--..

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:Let's try Morse code!!! (unless that's what you were already doing, then yeah, that's what I was doing too)

.-- .... . .-. . .. ... .- --.. --. -- .- -. ..--..



I didn't look anything up.
You would think I would know it, since I heard it everyday as a kid, but I guess since there were no clues on what was being said, it didn't stick.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
dontwantaname wrote:I didn't look anything up.
You would think I would know it, since I heard it everyday as a kid, but I guess since there were no clues on what was being said, it didn't stick.



Why did you hear it everyday? Oh, and I found an on-line translator.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:Why did you hear it everyday? Oh, and I found an on-line translator.



Dad was a ham.
He like code better than voice.
It is the background noise of my childhood.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
dontwantaname wrote:Dad was a ham.
He like code better than voice.
It is the background noise of my childhood.



Ah. I see. BTW - Did you notice how I avoided making any jokes about how old you must be if you had to communicate via morse code in your childhood? I was quite proud of myself.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
krapposelli wrote:Ah. I see. BTW - Did you notice how I avoided making any jokes about how old you must be if you had to communicate via morse code in your childhood? I was quite proud of myself.



Snicker.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Snicker.



Note, the oldest of us all is the one who is snickering!




WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Good morning Gman. Will you post today?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

Good morning Yammerers!


Hope you are having a not so lonely day!

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Happy Easter AZ and family!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

//smack Az

Get your butt back here. I'll be back tomorrow to talk to you!



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote://smack Az

Get your butt back here. I'll be back tomorrow to talk to you!


I have an address. We could mail a smack.
I just worry about the spouses misinterpreting stuff like that, or it would be in the mail already!


What was the longest yammer vacation? It was a bunch of days.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

sisterC


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sisterC
dontwantaname wrote:I have an address. We could mail a smack.
I just worry about the spouses misinterpreting stuff like that, or it would be in the mail already!


What was the longest yammer vacation? It was a bunch of days.




maybe he is dead. it happens.

mad dogs and englishmen...i still want the great dane!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
sisterC wrote:maybe he is dead. it happens.



AZson is supposed to let us know if something bad happens.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
pooflady wrote:AZson is supposed to let us know if something bad happens.



But he cleared out his sig and edited his posts before he disappeared. Lynn hasn't posted in a few days either...

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
krapposelli wrote:But he cleared out his sig and edited his posts before he disappeared. Lynn hasn't posted in a few days either...



Lynnzoi wrote:helllooooooooooooooooo

echo......echo.......................echo...................


pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Which, if nothing is wrong, is extremely rude and discourteous.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

He does this often. There is nothing new about Gman taking off in a huff over something that usually has nothing to do with us.

I'll give him a week and then try real mail.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

sisterC wrote:maybe he is dead. it happens.



No, the dead don't remove their posts.






I hope.




WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

sisterC


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sisterC
dontwantaname wrote:No, the dead don't remove their posts.






I hope.




but their wives tend to get into all their dead weasels once they die and then create problems for those left alive...

but then again g-man's a bit of a head case, albeit a lovable one, but still!

mad dogs and englishmen...i still want the great dane!

czardastx


quality posts: 3 Private Messages czardastx

What? AZ has gone missing again? What'd you guys do this time?

See, if he were like me, he'd pop in about once a month and throw out a couple of lines and then disappear again.

Hopefully he'll be back soon.

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing good.

Have a Happy Easter.

Later.


The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel