+ Add a Comment

markhallii

quality posts: 1 Private Messages markhallii

Does anyone know a phone number for Woot customer service? I've tried the email route (support@woot.com), but haven't received anything but an automated reply a week ago today.

On the 7th of December, during a Wootoff, I ordered a computer. But according to FexEx tracking, it ended up in Carrollton, TX instead of my house. It was at a city witih 45 miles of my house at one point, but then made a turn South. No one seems to know how or why...

Thanks,
Mark

Quality Posts

• (3:05 PM, 10/20/2009) agingdragqueen cheats at Scrabble.

hammarhead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hammarhead

There is not one.
Keep emailing or private message one of the staff

Too damn many WOOTS and counting

mrileyatwoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrileyatwoot

Staff

Mark,
I checked on your previous inquiries and it appears there were two responses to emails you have sent in, one on Dec. 21 and another on Dec. 27. Please check your spam filter to make sure our messages are getting through. Also, a more detailed email message will be sent to you today in reference to the item and what we are going to do on this end to rectify the situation. Thanks for your patience and Happy Wooting!

markhallii

Thank you!

markhallii

It is now end of business day, and I still have not received anything from Woot. I did get both auto replys from service@woot.com, so I don't think I am missing a blocked message.

FedEx has filed a missing merchandice claim, but says they need to hear from Woot in order to continue the claim. I'm going on a month without a computer, and need to know if I have one coming or not. That's the most frustrating part right now - I don't even know if I should just go get another computer or not.

mrileyatwoot

Staff

markhallii wrote:It is now end of business day, and I still have not received anything from Woot. I did get both auto replys from service@woot.com, so I don't think I am missing a blocked message.

FedEx has filed a missing merchandice claim, but says they need to hear from Woot in order to continue the claim. I'm going on a month without a computer, and need to know if I have one coming or not. That's the most frustrating part right now - I don't even know if I should just go get another computer or not.

I sent you a private message regarding this matter. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to acknowledge receipt of it and to discuss this in greater detail. Thank you!

markhallii

mrileyatwoot wrote:I sent you a private message regarding this matter. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to acknowledge receipt of it and to discuss this in greater detail. Thank you!

Sorry, I did not receive an email. I checked my spam folder, and there is nothing there either. I am receiving woot emails, so I don't think yours would have been blocked. You can also copy the email to me at halls at netzero.net.

Thanks,
Mark

lilacjive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilacjive
markhallii wrote:Sorry, I did not receive an email. I checked my spam folder, and there is nothing there either. I am receiving woot emails, so I don't think yours would have been blocked. You can also copy the email to me at halls at netzero.net.

Thanks,
Mark

he sent a PM, on the forums page, in the upper left hand corner, you'll see "Private messages." Click that.

markhallii

lilacjive wrote:he sent a PM, on the forums page, in the upper left hand corner, you'll see "Private messages." Click that.

Thanks, Lilacjive! Now I see his response.

ELMorin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ELMorin

We ordered memory card and found that it was delivered from a location 4 hours drive to the North East of us and is now sitting at UPS for pickup 8 hours South West of us. After reading another post it seems that this isn't the first time that Woot has screwed up and mailed something to Carrollton, TX.

We have sent two emails to service@woot.com and have yet to received anything but auto responses. This is not a good way to do business. So far Woot is 0 and 1 for getting the order right. This will teach me to do business with a website with no contact numbers.

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926
ELMorin wrote:This will teach me to do business with a website with no contact numbers.

... and one with 4+ years of business and happy customers to go along with it.

[MOD: No advertising please]

mrileyatwoot

Staff

ELMorin wrote:We ordered memory card and found that it was delivered from a location 4 hours drive to the North East of us and is now sitting at UPS for pickup 8 hours South West of us. After reading another post it seems that this isn't the first time that Woot has screwed up and mailed something to Carrollton, TX.

We have sent two emails to service@woot.com and have yet to received anything but auto responses. This is not a good way to do business. So far Woot is 0 and 1 for getting the order right. This will teach me to do business with a website with no contact numbers.

I checked on this and it appears the order is still in transit to you. It shows estimated delivery on or about Oct. 30. We only show to have received one email message from you, sent on Oct. 27 at 11 p.m. As our auto-reply states, we try to answer the messages within 24 hours.

chucks4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chucks4

How does one get an answer to an RMA or Service email? I've sent four messages so far to RMA and service, with no response on a defective product.....

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

chucks4 wrote:How does one get an answer to an RMA or Service email? I've sent four messages so far to RMA and service, with no response on a defective product.....

According to our records, we have received only two emails from your account. Once on 11/28/04 and today's email (12/01/08). We have currently issued you a response regarding these inquiries. Please check your inbox for further information about the return of your purchase.

COWEYES26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages COWEYES26

Has anyone found a number. I ordered a set of Uniden phones from woot. I received the phones. All 5 phones have bad batteries. They will not hold a charge at all. I emailed woot on 10-14 and have not received a response yet. I have ordered from woot in the past with no problems. I purchased these phones as a gift to my husband who just returned from a deployment in Afghanistan. I am very disappointed. Anyone know how I go about reporting the issue to get a resolution?

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil
COWEYES26 wrote:Has anyone found a number. I ordered a set of Uniden phones from woot. I received the phones. All 5 phones have bad batteries. They will not hold a charge at all. I emailed woot on 10-14 and have not received a response yet. I have ordered from woot in the past with no problems. I purchased these phones as a gift to my husband who just returned from a deployment in Afghanistan. I am very disappointed. Anyone know how I go about reporting the issue to get a resolution?

When you emailed into service@woot.com, did you use a different email address than what is registered to your account? After searching through our emails and junk/spam folder, I cannot find your email. If, in the future, you don't hear back from us within a business day, please use our write us page: http://www.woot.com/WriteUs.aspx to contact us.

We are sending you 5 replacement batteries, and they should be shipped out soon. Again, if you have any other problems, please contact us at service@woot.com.

sgoman5674

quality posts: 41 Private Messages sgoman5674

Would I get banned/screamed at if I said I know the phone number of Woot.com?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 125 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

sgoman5674 wrote:Would I get banned/screamed at if I said I know the phone number of Woot.com?

Well... no, we don't necessarily keep it a secret, we just don't pick up.

sgoman5674

agingdragqueen wrote:Well... no, we don't necessarily keep it a secret, we just don't pick up.

Well, to be honest, I was gonna call and ask for either you or threepiecewoot.

agingdragqueen

Staff

sgoman5674 wrote:Well, to be honest, I was gonna call and ask for either you or threepiecewoot.

Maybe I should let people know that I will only accept phone calls asking for "that aging drag queen".

sgoman5674

agingdragqueen wrote:Maybe I should let people know that I will only accept phone calls asking for "that aging drag queen".

I don't you as anything else. You guys should have each other's SN's memorized or something.

Angie25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Angie25

I have order a laptop to give as a gift..
I needed before Jan 6th as of right now FED EX says nothing has been received so what should I do.
I really needed it and I can't just go out and buy another one because I simply don't have the money to do so.
I need to know if I will be getting anything or not... Because My acct has been charge but nothing has been sent..

shrdlu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shrdlu
Angie25 wrote:I have order a laptop to give as a gift..
I needed before Jan 6th as of right now FED EX says nothing has been received so what should I do.
I really needed it and I can't just go out and buy another one because I simply don't have the money to do so.
I need to know if I will be getting anything or not... Because My acct has been charge but nothing has been sent..

I can see you're new, and I'm guessing that you joined over the Netbook that was here on Woot on 12/20/09 (this is a guess on my part because of your join date).

The best thing you can do is to send email to service@woot.com and they will respond back with the information that they have, or perhaps further suggestions.

This is the normal procedure, actually. Be sure that you don't lose the emails to your spam filters, and remember that this is the crazy season. You'll get an automated response pretty quick, but you may not get the actual answer until tomorrow.

In that email, please give them all the pertinent information, such as the order number, and the tracking number (if you have it).

Good luck.

It takes months to find a customer, but only seconds to lose one.
The good news is that we should run out of them in no time.

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/disservicedemotivator.jpg

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil
Angie25 wrote:I have order a laptop to give as a gift..

It looks like your in luck. Your package should be delivered today according to FedEx. I have sent you the tracking link via a Private Message. If you have any further questions regarding order status, please contact us at service@woot.com.

anagrag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anagrag

I bought a GPS on woot as I thought. but in actual fact it is a hand held portable for hiking and such not what i thought i was buying....now i emailed woot service center (Evan) approx 6 times now to no avail...
I want to return this product but they dont accept returns for products not liked or products bought in error, This is not a company I reccommed you deal with,, here are some of the suggestions i was sent ///sell your product on ebay or sell to a friend... and I should have read FAQ's (I wasn't told this was a requirement of purchase) or when it came to the checkout nowhere does it state "no returns", because if it did WOOT would not sell anything, signed a very unhappy customer

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster
anagrag wrote:I bought a GPS on woot as I thought. but in actual fact it is a hand held portable for hiking and such not what i thought i was buying....now i emailed woot service center (Evan) approx 6 times now to no avail...
I want to return this product but they dont accept returns for products not liked or products bought in error, This is not a company I reccommed you deal with,, here are some of the suggestions i was sent ///sell your product on ebay or sell to a friend... and I should have read FAQ's (I wasn't told this was a requirement of purchase) or when it came to the checkout nowhere does it state "no returns", because if it did WOOT would not sell anything, signed a very unhappy customer

buying an outdoor/hiking gps and wishing to return it because it's not a car gps is not supported in standard woot mode. really, it's more efficient for other wooters if you would sell it on ebay or gift it - can you give that a shot?

anagrag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anagrag

no your policy is not clearly stated....What reputable company tells you to read FAQs ? // and that will give you the reason for no returns.. not good enough...

I bought a GPS on woot as I thought. but in actual fact it is a hand held portable for hiking and such not what i thought i was buying....now i emailed woot service center (Evan) approx 6 times now to no avail... and now i'm dealing with Rae

I want to return this product This is not a company I reccommed anyone to deal with,, FAQ's (I wasn't told this was a requirment of purchase) or when it came to check out nowhere does it say no returns

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom
anagrag wrote:no your policy is not clearly stated....What reputable company tells you to read FAQs ? // and that will give you the reason for no returns.. not good enough...

I bought a GPS on woot as I thought. but in actual fact it is a hand held portable for hiking and such not what i thought i was buying....now i emailed woot service center (Evan) approx 6 times now to no avail... and now i'm dealing with Rae

I want to return this product This is not a company I reccommed anyone to deal with,, FAQ's (I wasn't told this was a requirment of purchase) or when it came to check out nowhere does it say no returns

People like you, who don't read what they are signing up for when they register and AGREE TO THE SITE'S TERMS OF SERVICE, make things more expensive for the rest of us. We like woot because it has great prices, and we don't need mommy to hold our hands and make everything better when we screw up. If you agreed to the site's terms of service without reading them, then you are foolish indeed.

I hope woot doesn't allow you to return your product, because that will just make future purchases more expensive for the rest of us who are intelligent folks who look before we leap.

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21

*leap*

Oh snap! Where am I?

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom
SBCJester21 wrote:*leap*

Oh snap! Where am I?

Dr. Sam Beckett, I presume?

dviglino

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dviglino
anagrag wrote:no your policy is not clearly stated....What reputable company tells you to read FAQs ? //

-----------
Woot.com?
-----------

anagrag wrote:

---------------
Your post seems to indicate you're at least mildly literate... so you didn't read the product description fully why? Just saw GPS and bought?
----------------

anagrag wrote:

--------------------
Somebody call the whaaa-mbulance! Seriously, give it away or sell it (ebay... craigslist), then start shopping at Radio Shack or someplace else where they have high prices to deal with people not knowing what they're doing. It's one thing to throw yourself on the mercy of the woot, but coming here and acting like you're owed something?

Oh, and you weren't told it was a 'requirment' of purchase? When you signed up for your account you didn't bother to read the agreement? awwwww.

tekman7d0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tekman7d0

I also have an issue with not recieving a tshirt from shirt woot.. I have the tracking number and got an email on the 6th of January saying it would be in route to my house.. i have checked and the last week it is still at woot waiting to be picked up.. I called Fedex and they dont have it.Woot produced the label with a tracking number but that was all... HOw would i get in touch to see what is up with the shirt that i paid for...

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
tekman7d0 wrote:I also have an issue with not recieving a tshirt from shirt woot.. I have the tracking number and got an email on the 6th of January saying it would be in route to my house.. i have checked and the last week it is still at woot waiting to be picked up.. I called Fedex and they dont have it.Woot produced the label with a tracking number but that was all... HOw would i get in touch to see what is up with the shirt that i paid for...

Please send an email to service@woot.com with your order number and let them know your order appears to be stuck. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

10aciousz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 10aciousz
mrileyatwoot wrote:I checked on this and it appears the order is still in transit to you. It shows estimated delivery on or about Oct. 30. We only show to have received one email message from you, sent on Oct. 27 at 11 p.m. As our auto-reply states, we try to answer the messages within 24 hours.

sent customer service an email a couple minutes ago but i just wanted to make sure it goes through. here is my issue..I currently ordered a viewsonic g tablet from your website. i think i might've tried 2 or more times until i finally got through but i checked my bank account and called them about it. you guys are currently holding the previous orders that never went through so it should be close to $600+. will i get my money refunded?

agingdragqueen

Staff

10aciousz wrote:sent customer service an email a couple minutes ago but i just wanted to make sure it goes through. here is my issue..I currently ordered a viewsonic g tablet from your website. i think i might've tried 2 or more times until i finally got through but i checked my bank account and called them about it. you guys are currently holding the previous orders that never went through so it should be close to $600+. will i get my money refunded?

Because you tried to place orders that were ultimately denied, there will be a pending charge on that card that you used. It will disappear within a few days as your bank realizes that we will not be pursuing that charge. So yes, you will get your money back.

tinatrupp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinatrupp

I spoke with someone at woot that was sending me a RMA to return a camera that will not charge, I haven't received anything...why would you not have a phone number? How do we get a hold of you? Other than writing?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

tinatrupp wrote:I spoke with someone at woot that was sending me a RMA to return a camera that will not charge, I haven't received anything...why would you not have a phone number? How do we get a hold of you? Other than writing?

Just writing. Email is how one communicates with woot. Well, email and these here message boards.

I don't know anything about your situation, but if you were expecting a reply over the weekend, you should be aware that woot's customer service people work Monday-Friday, normal business hours.

If it's something more than that, then please check your spam email folder to make sure any responses aren't lost in there... and then send another email (service@woot.com). Wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on this thread, too, as perhaps an employee may respond to your query herein.

bc64150

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bc64150

I was double charged for my product. is there any way that i can contact woot faster than email? it took all of a button click for you people to take my money... twice, and yet i will have to wait what? 2 weeks? 3 weeks? whats the deal with this? i guess for a first time customer, it will be an only time customer. never again will i order from your website after getting charged two times for one product and not being able to contact the company in a timely fashion.

agingdragqueen

Staff

bc64150 wrote:I was double charged for my product. is there any way that i can contact woot faster than email? it took all of a button click for you people to take my money... twice, and yet i will have to wait what? 2 weeks? 3 weeks? whats the deal with this? i guess for a first time customer, it will be an only time customer. never again will i order from your website after getting charged two times for one product and not being able to contact the company in a timely fashion.

Usually if you've gotten "double charged", it's because you put in an order that got denied. The bank keeps the pending charge for a couple days until it processes that we won't be pursuing the charge.

rgandhi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rgandhi
agingdragqueen wrote:Usually if you've gotten "double charged", it's because you put in an order that got denied. The bank keeps the pending charge for a couple days until it processes that we won't be pursuing the charge.

I have the same problem except I ordered an ipod touch 4G. I ordered the ipod just about when the deal was about to expire. In my account it says I have made no purchases, but you guys charged my bank account. Will this charge go away soon?