ThunderThighs

quality posts: 590 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Me too either

So you like that "just washed" feeling too?

Top Lather

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:I'm on the opposite side of WA from Seatle, we get more snow here. Yeah, the doctor has been great, until this year. He had two male partners and in the last 6 months got two female ones and the guys are gone. We've been seeing this guy for 3 years, so I kinda don't want to give up yet. I guess we are going in today at 4 and Orc is going to find out what is going on and basically lay it on the line with the doctor about all the cancellations.

Good for him. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Pump him up.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
daj59 wrote:So you like that "just washed" feeling too?

Every morning, seven days a week.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Every morning, seven days a week.

I feel like I should try to let it heal once a week (if possible) and let the natural oils replenish. Probably not needed but it makes me feel better. And you know, it's all about me.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

daj59 wrote:I feel like I should try to let it heal once a week (if possible) and let the natural oils replenish. Probably not needed but it makes me feel better. And you know, it's all about me.

My scalp feels yucky if I don't wash my hair every day . . .

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
daj59 wrote:I feel like I should try to let it heal once a week (if possible) and let the natural oils replenish. Probably not needed but it makes me feel better. And you know, it's all about me.

We're talking about hair, right?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you shouldn't shampoo your hair everyday - that it'll style better a bit dirty. I am hair-styling challenged (and have short hair), so I haven't noticed too much of a difference between the days I shampoo vs. not shampoo.

My daughter has her first communion coming up and I'm trying to figure out how to do her hair. Anytime I've attempted to use a curling iron, the curls just fall right out. I just tried hot roller thingies and they didn't seem to hold either. The other problem with them was that you need someone competent to put them in, and that isn't me. Anyone know the magic trick hair stylists use to get the hair to hold (other than gobs of hair spray)?

AZGman

krapposelli wrote:We're talking about hair, right?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you shouldn't shampoo your hair everyday - that it'll style better a bit dirty. I am hair-styling challenged (and have short hair), so I haven't noticed too much of a difference between the days I shampoo vs. not shampoo.

My daughter has her first communion coming up and I'm trying to figure out how to do her hair. Anytime I've attempted to use a curling iron, the curls just fall right out. I just tried hot roller thingies and they didn't seem to hold either. The other problem with them was that you need someone competent to put them in, and that isn't me. Anyone know the magic trick hair stylists use to get the hair to hold (other than gobs of hair spray)?

mousse?

krapposelli

AZGman wrote:mousse?

I haven't tried mousse with the hot rollers, but it didn't seem to help with the curling iron.

AZGman

krapposelli wrote:I haven't tried mousse with the hot rollers, but it didn't seem to help with the curling iron.

Sorry; I've maxed my hair-styling knowledge . . .

krapposelli

AZGman wrote:Sorry; I've maxed my hair-styling knowledge . . .

Hey, I was impressed that you had a suggestion at all.

AZGman

krapposelli wrote:Hey, I was impressed that you had a suggestion at all.

Well, I had another suggestion; but it involved electricity and I figured you wouldn't wanna go that route . . .

krapposelli

AZGman wrote:Well, I had another suggestion; but it involved electricity and I figured you wouldn't wanna go that route . . .

Give me a few more years - when the hormones kick in. Then we'll talk.

AZGman

krapposelli wrote:Give me a few more years - when the hormones kick in. Then we'll talk.

I can wait.

ThunderThighs

Staff

krapposelli wrote:I haven't tried mousse with the hot rollers, but it didn't seem to help with the curling iron.

Hairspray is the only way I could get my hair to hold a curl. That and styling gel as I'm drying it. I have extremely straight and fine hair (except for those cursed gray ones that are starting to show up). You should have seen how much stuff the guy put in my hair when he fixed it for my wedding. You could have set a plate on it and it would have held it up just fine.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

daj59 wrote:Hairspray is the only way I could get my hair to hold a curl. That and styling gel as I'm drying it. I have extremely straight and fine hair (except for those cursed gray ones that are starting to show up). You should have seen how much stuff the guy put in my hair when he fixed it for my wedding. You could have set a plate on it and it would have held it up just fine.

?? starting to show up ??

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:?? starting to show up ??

Well, maybe for a few years but they're still an endangered species on MY head... thankfully.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

daj59 wrote:Well, maybe for a few years but they're still an endangered species on MY head... thankfully.

pffft . . . I started going grey when I was 18.

AZGman

I thought maybe she just got divorced yesterday and her son turned 17 overnight!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:pffft . . . I started going grey when I was 18.

You probably have/had dark hair. I'm blonde (darker blonde now) and blondes tend to gray later.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:I thought maybe she just got divorced yesterday and her son turned 17 overnight!!

My son does take pride in pointing out and take responsiblity for everyone of my gray hairs. Little Snot.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

daj59 wrote:You probably have/had dark hair. I'm blonde (darker blonde now) and blondes tend to gray later.

. . . while causing greying earlier . . . <chortle>

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Husband's upset. There's evidently a water main break in our front yard. They're digging it up now. It's going to make a mess for a long time. They won't be back to fix the yard until summer, I'll bet. At least we assume that's what it is.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman

daj59 wrote:You probably have/had dark hair. I'm blonde (darker blonde now) and blondes tend to gray later.

had . . . definitely had

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:. . . while causing greying earlier . . . <chortle>

Gray vs GreyI'm a gray myself.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Husband's upset. There's evidently a water main break in our front yard. They're digging it up now. It's going to make a mess for a long time. They won't be back to fix the yard until summer, I'll bet. At least we assume that's what it is.

Eww . . . what a mess! I'd be upset, too!!

AZGman

daj59 wrote:Gray vs GreyI'm a gray myself.

poof and I have been around this . . . grey

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Husband's upset. There's evidently a water main break in our front yard. They're digging it up now. It's going to make a mess for a long time. They won't be back to fix the yard until summer, I'll bet. At least we assume that's what it is.

That doesn't make sense. When the tore up our yards to bury the Verizon FIOS, they fixed the yards and put down sod even though it was winter. It's generally a good time to sod (here at least) as the roots grow...I think.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:poof and I have been around this . . . grey

I'll stick to

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

And I prefer grey . . .

krapposelli

AZGman wrote:poof and I have been around this . . . grey

I'm going to side with gray.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:And I prefer grey . . .

Maybe they hadn't invented Crayolas when you were a kid so you didn't grow up with "Gray".

//runs
//runs faster

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

Whatever . . . I pronounce the first "r" in February and the "t" in often, much to the consternation of many . . . it's what I was taught . . . like g-r-e-y.

AZGman

daj59 wrote:Maybe they hadn't invented Crayolas when you were a kid so you didn't grow up with "Gray".

//runs
//runs faster

Or I'm about the same age as Bernie Zimmerman.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Whatever . . . I pronounce the first "r" in February and the "t" in often, much to the consternation of many . . . it's what I was taught . . . like g-r-e-y.

That's weird. What about the L in salmon? My SIL does that. Drives me nuts.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

AZGman wrote:Or I'm about the same age as Bernie Zimmerman.

. . . and like Bernie, I was eliminated from a spelling bee for not hyphenating cooperate . . . do you hyphenate co-operate?

Unlike Bernie, the only acceptable answer was the spelling in the school-provided study list.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Or I'm about the same age as Bernie Zimmerman.

Ooooh, you're young!

Bernie Zimmermann was born in Puyallup, Washington, in 1979.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

It's gray.
When I was young they taught me co-ordinate and co-operate had a hyphen. They no longer do. Language evolves. Adapt.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman

daj59 wrote:That's weird. What about the L in salmon? My SIL does that. Drives me nuts.

What about the L in almond . . . or as almond growers say, "ammund."

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:What about the L in almond . . . or as almond growers say, "ammund."

Yes, in almond. And actually, sometimes in "often." Just depends on how much emphasis I'm putting on it. I say "the" more often as "thee" than "thuh." I'll only says the R in Feb when I'm spelling it. Same with Wednesday. I'll say Wed-nes-day when I'm spelling it.

FORUM MODERATOR

peglegwookie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peglegwookie
daj59 wrote:So you like that "just washed" feeling too?

Top Lather

I like that fresh feeling after I use herbal essence shampoo. My hair feels so light and fluffy. It also has a nice sheen to it.

last shampoo post