KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Why will you have company if the power goes out?


Because I have a fireplace, and it's cold!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
AZGman wrote:. . . and they're calling it the "West Virginia Syndrome."



does this mean i can't marry someone else with blue eyes now?

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

I'm working from home this afternoon and have Ellen on. I'm cracking up. She took a shopping trip to Trader Joe's and recreated a Japanese (I think) game show where they try to get a marshmallow off a string with their head rubber banded to a wall. Hysterical.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
jqubed wrote:does this mean i can't marry someone else with blue eyes now?



Oooh. Didn't think of that. Fortunately, my husband has brown eyes.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
jqubed wrote:does this mean i can't marry someone else with blue eyes now?



Only if you wanna be your children's brother . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
cruzer wrote:Someone make this month stop. Now my sister has to have stitches because my dog bit her. Granddad has pneumonia in both sides of his lungs, but they still aren't sure that it was actually a stroke. I hope like hell that my dad is having a good day.



sheesh dude!

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
jqubed wrote:does this mean i can't marry someone else with blue eyes now?



too late for me. But my girls have the most amazing blue eyes!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Guess I'll go talk to the dog. He'll at least wag his tail . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
AZGman wrote:Only if you wanna be your children's brother . . .



that would get confusing!

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Guess I'll go talk to the dog. He'll at least wag his tail . . .

HI GMAN!



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

The dog's been sleeping all day . . . so he took a nap to rest up . . .


Hi, daj

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:The dog's been sleeping all day . . . so he took a nap to rest up . . .


Hi, daj

Resting up before or after the walk?

Maisy's been getting her frisky on during the walks on the cooler windy days.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
daj59 wrote:Resting up before or after the walk?

Maisy's been getting her frisky on during the walks on the cooler windy days.



He walked out, did his business, and walked back in . . . he's exhausted . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

Hi Gman.
One of the derby peoples said she didn't like being forced into EBW because of the idea of having to come up with "other names for whoopy and counting". I invited her over to your thread since you share the same sentiments. I don't think they took the invitation very well ("we're being treated like foreigners immigrating") but just wanted to fess up to what I did.

Back to working...

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
krapposelli wrote:Hi Gman.
One of the derby peoples said she didn't like being forced into EBW because of the idea of having to come up with "other names for whoopy and counting". I invited her over to your thread since you share the same sentiments. I don't think they took the invitation very well ("we're being treated like foreigners immigrating") but just wanted to fess up to what I did.

Back to working...




No biggie . . . from what I just read, they have their own thread . . . and seem to prefer it that way . . . sorta like that other thread group that got forced out of the product forum . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:He walked out, did his business, and walked back in . . . he's exhausted . . .

Well that WAS a lot of work. They have to find just the right spot, you know. It take Maisy a good 5-10 minutes to find just "THAT" spot. Seems longer when you are on a walk in the cold and wind.

Stupid Dog.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
AZGman wrote:No biggie . . . from what I just read, they have their own thread . . . and seem to prefer it that way . . . sorta like that other thread group that got forced out of the product forum . . .



I wasn't actively participating when that group came to EBW, but yeah, this reminded me a lot of then. I'll just keep outta there until things calm down.

Done working. But now I gotta go feed the hoodlums. Be back in a bit...

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
daj59 wrote:Well that WAS a lot of work. They have to find just the right spot, you know. It take Maisy a good 5-10 minutes to find just "THAT" spot. Seems longer when you are on a walk in the cold and wind.

Stupid Dog.




There are no common areas or parks within easy walking distance here . . . so we usually just investigate the yard . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Actually, the first group was kicked back here for being bad.
The shirt guys were kicked back here for making friends.
Once they started talking about kids and family and what are you eating tonight woot got upset.
Oddly, all they have talked about here is the contest! Which they are allowed to talk about where they were.

Oh, for you old timers...remember irc will be the death of pwa?
Now it is turning into facebook will be the death of shirt!
Same situation, different people.
Even the chopper fights are being repeated!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Actually, the first group was kicked back here for being bad.
The shirt guys were kicked back here for making friends.
Once they started talking about kids and family and what are you eating tonight woot got upset.
Oddly, all they have talked about here is the contest! Which they are allowed to talk about where they were.

Oh, for you old timers...remember irc will be the death of pwa?
Now it is turning into facebook will be the death of shirt!
Same situation, different people.
Even the chopper fights are being repeated!




Different reasons . . . ultimately, similar results. Insularity breeds contempt.

I stopped participating in the product contest threads because I wasn't a contestant and was treated differently because I didn't photoshop . . . and it's why I don't participate in the derby threads. Why vote for the work of someone who has only disdain for a non-artist's comments?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Different reasons . . . ultimately, similar results. Insularity breeds contempt.



It would be alot easier to figure out if the deleted posts read like a thread. They don't. You have to click on each post to see what it said.

I should just go play some Animal Crossings.
I just ate lunch....big mistake since hubby will be home looking for dinner in an hour.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Hello all. Why are you always cold when you get up from a nap? Or is it just me?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:Hello all. Why are you always cold when you get up from a nap? Or is it just me?




Hi, poof . . . probably because the ambient room temperature is cooler than you are after having been snuggled under a blanket . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
AZGman wrote:Different reasons . . . ultimately, similar results. Insularity breeds contempt.

I stopped participating in the product contest threads because I wasn't a contestant and was treated differently because I didn't photoshop . . . and it's why I don't participate in the derby threads. Why vote for the work of someone who has only disdain for a non-artist's comments?



Unless the comments are always flattering . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Oddly, all they have talked about here is the contest! Which they are allowed to talk about where they were.


Ms. Name,
Wait until the weekend, after most of the designers have finished most of their entries. I think that's when they'll be looking for something else to talk about. Besides, it sounds to me like a lot of the derby thread derailers (deraillers?) went over to Myspace.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Hello all. Why are you always cold when you get up from a nap? Or is it just me?



Lady Poof,
I'd guess your metabolism's kinda low after sleeping. Try running a few laps.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Lady Poof,
I'd guess your metabolism's kinda low after sleeping. Try running a few laps.



Watch out poof! He just wants to catch you and eat your brain!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
pooflady wrote:Hello all. Why are you always cold when you get up from a nap? Or is it just me?



No blankie? It'll be middle of summer and I have to have a blanket (or some covering) in order to sleep.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Hi, poof . . . probably because the ambient room temperature is cooler than you are after having been snuggled under a blanket . . .


Nope, no blanket this time. There are afghan days and non-afghan days.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:Nope, no blanket this time. There are afghan days and non-afghan days.



Than no1 may be in the ballpark with his slowed down metabolic rate suggestion - at rest, you're using less energy, so your body isn't generating a lot of heat . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
pooflady wrote:Nope, no blanket this time. There are afghan days and non-afghan days.



Metabolism, Shmatabolism. You're cold cuz you needed a blanket!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
krapposelli wrote:Metabolism, Shmatabolism. You're cold cuz you needed a blanket!



L O L. But I wasn't cold while I was napping.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
pooflady wrote:L O L. But I wasn't cold while I was napping.



You were too. Just didn't realize it because you were dreaming about other things. Trust me you were cold. Haven't you seen someone sleeping without a blanket? They always look cold. You cover them up and they sleep so much better.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
krapposelli wrote:You were too. Just didn't realize it because you were dreaming about other things. Trust me you were cold. Haven't you seen someone sleeping without a blanket? They always look cold. You cover them up and they sleep so much better.



Okay, from now on, it's blankie time.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
pooflady wrote:Okay, from now on, it's blankie time.



Sleep tight.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
krapposelli wrote:Metabolism, Shmatabolism. You're cold cuz you needed a blanket!



Doctor Mom?!?!?


Okay, another dinner in the books . . . leftovers . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

krapposelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
AZGman wrote:Doctor Mom?!?!?


Okay, another dinner in the books . . . leftovers . . .



I can't decide what to eat. It's pretty slim pickin's.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

One of the stores had what I thought was a really good deal this week. You had to buy eight pieces of fried chicken (two of everything) for 6.99. Then you got free:
1 bag of Dole's cole slaw
1 four pack of King's Hawaiian rolls
1 king size can of Pringles
1 three pack of Coke

Had to buy slaw dressing, but it was still a good deal.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
krapposelli wrote:I can't decide what to eat. It's pretty slim pickin's.



That would be cannibalism . . . and Slim Pickins was never pretty . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:One of the stores had what I thought was a really good deal this week. You had to buy eight pieces of fried chicken (two of everything) for 6.99. Then you got free:
1 bag of Dole's cole slaw
1 four pack of King's Hawaiian rolls
1 king size can of Pringles
1 three pack of Coke

Had to buy slaw dressing, but it was still a good deal.




That does sound like a good deal . . . if the chicken is good.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.