ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:What, no smack?

Ok, //smack. Don't want you to go through withdrawal.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
cruzer wrote:he is starting to focus on things a little longer now.

My mom's.

He died at 1:05 this morning.

just another *sigh*

Cruzer, so sorry. I think you and your family are being tested. Thinking of you.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
daj59 wrote:Ok, //smack. Don't want you to go through withdrawal.

I was more concerned about you

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

My mom's.

just another *sigh*

Man -o-man. So sorry. Your Mom OK? I know she isn't but she is really getting slammed. Things aren't supposed to happen all at once. You are supposed to have some time in between these things to heal.

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:I was more concerned about you

Well, I was starting to get the shakes but I was willing to suffer for you.

//blinks innocently

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cruzer

daj59 wrote:Well, I was starting to get the shakes but I was willing to suffer for you.

//blinks innocently

//smack

Stop that!

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom

Cruzer, I am so sorry about your grandfather. Your family is really being put through it.
You are in my prayers.

cruzer

My dad should be moving to a rehab facility today. Finally! Some good news (sorta)!

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:My dad should be moving to a rehab facility today. Finally! Some good news (sorta)!

Woohoo!

cruzer wrote://smack

Stop that!

Uhm, ok.

//blinks no so innocently

FORUM MODERATOR

tall4agirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tall4agirl

Afternoon, everyone.

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa, Cruzer. And that's great news about your Dad!

pooflady

Joyner, you already back from shopping? Saw a good T-shirt for you.
"Don't make me use my Librarian voice"

joyner

pooflady wrote:Joyner, you already back from shopping? Saw a good T-shirt for you.
"Don't make me use my Librarian voice"

Back from shopping, got easternstar dresses. Shirt sounds great. How's your back?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
cruzer wrote:My mom's.

just another *sigh*

I am sorry to read this, Mr. Cruzer. My condolences to you and your family.

pooflady

joyner wrote:Back from shopping, got easternstar dresses. Shirt sounds great. How's your back?

I think it's going to take a long time to get back to normal.

If you go to the Signals website, there's two pages of things for readers. (pg. 54&55). Ever hear of Bookopoly?

joyner

pooflady wrote:I think it's going to take a long time to get back to normal.

If you go to the Signals website, there's two pages of things for readers. (pg. 54&55). Ever hear of Bookopoly?

Ohhhh! I love lots of the shirts. The nightshirt looks like my TBW (to be read) pile on my bedside table. I love the "don't make me use my librarian voice" shirt! Never heard of bookopoly but it looks like fun.

pooflady

joyner wrote:Ohhhh! I love lots of the shirts. The nightshirt looks like my TBW (to be read) pile on my bedside table. I love the "don't make me use my librarian voice" shirt! Never heard of bookopoly but it looks like fun.

If I was in the mall with my kids and they spotted a bookstore, they used to take my arm and pull me past.

pooflady

Off to the bank, the vacuum cleaner store and Border's. See you later.

joyner

pooflady wrote:If I was in the mall with my kids and they spotted a bookstore, they used to take my arm and pull me past.

Yep, husband and daughter never want me to go into a bookstore. "We'll never get her out of there!"

joyner

pooflady wrote:Off to the bank, the vacuum cleaner store and Border's. See you later.

You are "letting" husband vacuum with the upright aren't you? Vacuum other than the Roomba hurts my back.

pooflady

joyner wrote:You are "letting" husband vacuum with the upright aren't you? Vacuum other than the Roomba hurts my back.

Yeah, just using the Roomba right now.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Cruzer, I am sorry to hear about your granddad.
I am glad your Dad is improving!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

I'm back.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:I'm back.

yeah!

MIL update - The cancer is too large for surgery so my mother-in-law is starting chemo on Monday. It is going to be very aggressive, and of course we are way to far away to do anything. So I am asking for prayers and good thoughts and all that stuff.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

My mom's.

just another *sigh*

Sheesh. When it rains it pours. Cruzer, my condolences to you and your family. You are still in our thoughts and prayers.

Afternoon everyone.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
KtCallista wrote:yeah!

MIL update - The cancer is too large for surgery so my mother-in-law is starting chemo on Monday. It is going to be very aggressive, and of course we are way to far away to do anything. So I am asking for prayers and good thoughts and all that stuff.

I'm sorry to hear that. Adding her (and your family) to the list. Nothing is worse than feeling helpless.

pooflady

You've got it. I know how hard it is to be far away when something's wrong. You add guilt onto the worry.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:You've got it. I know how hard it is to be far away when something's wrong. You add guilt onto the worry.

I am getting more "used to it", sadly. We don't live near any family, so when stuff like this happens, there never is much we can do for anyone. It is a very different situation for my sister-in-law, she lives within driving distance of all of her family, but MIL is far away for both of us (kinda between us actually). So she isn't sure what to do and feels more guilty right now. I am going to be e-mailing her soon. Both of us are coordinating a trip to visit MIL, but it was slated for November, we may move it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

So sorry! You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

FORUM MODERATOR

KtCallista

daj59 wrote:So sorry! You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

thanks 'selli, daj, and poof.

I am going to go put fussy baby down for a nap, talk to you all later.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:Man -o-man. So sorry. Your Mom OK? I know she isn't but she is really getting slammed. Things aren't supposed to happen all at once. You are supposed to have some time in between these things to heal.

So sorry Cruzer.
Your mom is going to beat herself up for not being there. Not now, after your dad is better.
There is no way she could be there. She made the right choice.
The whole situation is totally unfair.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Will do. How old is she?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

I'm so sorry! I will pray for you and your family! It is really hard to be far away....

joyner

dontwantaname wrote:So sorry Cruzer.
Your mom is going to beat herself up for not being there. Not now, after your dad is better.
There is no way she could be there. She made the right choice.
The whole situation is totally unfair.

You are exactly right don't!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:You are exactly right don't!

My mom goes through days were she keeps telling me how her dad (who was 95) asked her to stay in the hospital with him and she went home. He died that night. Of old age!!! But she still gets upset about it. Not so much at the time. Now, as she gets old.

Cruzer, when your dad is better and your mom starts thinking about this, you tell her the I said she did they only thing she could.
Matter of fact, you can tell her the entire woot community said she did the only thing she could do.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

cruzer

dontwantaname wrote:My mom goes through days were she keeps telling me how her dad (who was 95) asked her to stay in the hospital with him and she went home. He died that night. Of old age!!! But she still gets upset about it. Not so much at the time. Now, as she gets old.

Cruzer, when your dad is better and your mom starts thinking about this, you tell her the I said she did they only thing she could.
Matter of fact, you can tell her the entire woot community said she did the only thing she could do.

It was actually her mother that told her to wait to see what happens.

She's got a level head, for a woman, and she knew that she couldn't be in two places at once, and I'll remind her of that.

Even if she did leave yesterday, he wouldn't have talked to her and she would have had an hour with him before he passed.

Nurse said that it was quick. I don't know that it helps any to know that, but we know it.

I can't imagine being in her shoes. I'm not sure that she could handle it any better than she has. She just has to remember that he had a good, long life. He was well into his 80's. She also knows that we are there for her whenever she needs us. I'm am glad that we were here for her, though.

I am so mad that my dad can't go, though. He was just as heart broken as she was. She told him this morning and they cried together. Even when he was trying to tell his dad he was choking up. There is one thing that I kinda hate is that I don't cry very often, and somehow, I know I want to, and I just don't. I'm not sure who I got that from.

//end random thoughts.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
cruzer wrote:There is one thing that I kinda hate is that I don't cry very often, and somehow, I know I want to, and I just don't. I'm not sure who I got that from.

This, I know.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

cruzer

I shall pray for her and your family too, KtC.

cruzer

AZGman wrote:This, I know.

Oh?

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
cruzer wrote:Oh?

Intimately.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:This, I know.

My grandmother was that way. She told me not to be upset with her when she didn't cry at my mom's funeral/death... that she just doesn't cry. Not me, I blubber at everything.

Cruzer, will they postpone the memorial service until your mom can be there? If your dad (or mom) can't make it, get someone to video tape it for you. They can send a short personal memory/message for someone to read during the service as well. I found it very healing to write a message for my brother's funeral even though I was there for it.

FORUM MODERATOR