Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
jqubed wrote:There were some nice additions to the Bud Light Abilities series, and I liked the one with Shaquille O'Neal. I also liked the bump shots that had the Terminator fighting the Football Robot(s).

The football game was nice also.

tall4agirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tall4agirl
jqubed wrote:There were some nice additions to the Bud Light Abilities series, and I liked the one with Shaquille O'Neal. I also liked the bump shots that had the Terminator fighting the Football Robot(s).

I also liked the robots fighting. And the lizards doing the Thriller dance.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I'm Poof. No, I thought the baby one was one of the worst.

I know you are Poof. I was just saying Hi! to Tall before answering you.

I will go back to being ignored.

//leaves in a huff

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Commercials- loved the pigeon one! Of course, I'm biased. I work with homing pigeons

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
tall4agirl wrote:I also liked the robots fighting. And the lizards doing the Thriller dance.

the lizards just got a big out of me

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

SkekTek wrote:Commercials- loved the pigeon one! Of course, I'm biased. I work with homing pigeons

oh yeah, that was a good one for FedEx

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I liked the one with Ben what's his name singing.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

SkekTek

jqubed wrote:oh yeah, that was a good one for FedEx

Overall, though, I'm with others. I saw a lot that were recycles from pre-shown commercials.

SkekTek

pooflady wrote:I liked the one with Ben what's his name singing.

Roethlisberger? Poor dude can't sing. But I guess that's the point.

jqubed

Raining wrote:The football game was nice also.

yes indeed... here's an email exchange that started Friday at work:

Producer in her discrepancy email wrote:Clean Show…. You know its coming… Go Patriots!!!!

jqubed wrote:Y’know, I think the Giants might win… they seem to have gained momentum since they lost last time, who knows? It’d be dramatic! :-b

last night that Producer wrote:THAT’S ENOUGH OUT OF YOU !

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

alright, speaking of work, I need to go to bed so I can be at work in less than 6 hours

Skye — 1997-2007

SkekTek

jqubed wrote:alright, speaking of work, I need to go to bed so I can be at work in less than 6 hours

Same here. Can't even stay awake long enough for House. Sad.

tall4agirl

jqubed wrote:the lizards just got a big out of me

You're not the right generation for the lizards. :p

pooflady

tall4agirl wrote:You're not the right generation for the lizards. :p

I wonder how many people got The Godfather reference.

tall4agirl

pooflady wrote:I wonder how many people got The Godfather reference.

I got it. I didn't like that commercial, though.

pooflady

tall4agirl wrote:I got it. I didn't like that commercial, though.

I didn't either.

pooflady

pooflady wrote:I didn't either.

The caveman one was pretty lame, too.

tall4agirl

pooflady wrote:The caveman one was pretty lame, too.

I agree.

I did like the 2 Career Builder ones. At least they were unique.

tall4agirl

dontwantaname wrote:I know you are Poof. I was just saying Hi! to Tall before answering you.

I will go back to being ignored.

//leaves in a huff

Are you still sulking?

pooflady

Looks that way.

tall4agirl

pooflady wrote:Looks that way.

And I really need to get to bed. Tomorrow's gonna be a long day.

Goodnight.

pooflady

tall4agirl wrote:And I really need to get to bed. Tomorrow's gonna be a long day.

Goodnight.

Night, Tall.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

I'm going to bed myself. Before I do, I have to comment on House tonight. He was simply wrong. The conclusion of the show was that the woman had a broken bone, and fat emboli leaking into her organs from the broken bone, causing all of her symptoms. In the show, she had a broken toe, which was causing the troubles.

No freakin' way! This is my expert opinion, as someone who has a great deal of expertise in the field of acute lung disease, and personal research involvement in embolic lung injury. The broken bones that can, but don't always, cause this kind of damage are BIG bones. There isn't enough cherubicty marrow in the big toe, if there is any, to do this much damage to any one organ, let alone all the organs they had involved. Second, there isn't enough blood flow from the toe even if the marrow were there (which it ISN'T) to deliver all that fat. Third, all of the fatty emboli could only go into the lungs- all of your venous blood flow goes through the pulmonary circulation before it goes to any other organs- otherwise you would deoxygenate rapidly and die. Because it has to go through the lungs, the fatty emboli would embolize in the pulmonary small arterioles, wouldn't even reach the pulmonary capillaries, because of how big the emboli can be (they can't physically become small enough to pass through the pulmonary capillaries without embolizing upstream in the arterioles). If they were small enough to pass through the pulmonary vessels, guess what? they would ALSO pass through all of the other capillaries, and wouldn't embolize at all.

Their writers are idiots.

vote for Laura. good night.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:I'm going to bed myself. Before I do, I have to comment on House tonight. He was simply wrong. The conclusion of the show was that the woman had a broken bone, and fat emboli leaking into her organs from the broken bone, causing all of her symptoms. In the show, she had a broken toe, which was causing the troubles.

No freakin' way! This is my expert opinion, as someone who has a great deal of expertise in the field of acute lung disease, and personal research involvement in embolic lung injury. The broken bones that can, but don't always, cause this kind of damage are BIG bones. There isn't enough cherubicty marrow in the big toe, if there is any, to do this much damage to any one organ, let alone all the organs they had involved. Second, there isn't enough blood flow from the toe even if the marrow were there (which it ISN'T) to deliver all that fat. Third, all of the fatty emboli could only go into the lungs- all of your venous blood flow goes through the pulmonary circulation before it goes to any other organs- otherwise you would deoxygenate rapidly and die. Because it has to go through the lungs, the fatty emboli would embolize in the pulmonary small arterioles, wouldn't even reach the pulmonary capillaries, because of how big the emboli can be (they can't physically become small enough to pass through the pulmonary capillaries without embolizing upstream in the arterioles). If they were small enough to pass through the pulmonary vessels, guess what? they would ALSO pass through all of the other capillaries, and wouldn't embolize at all.

Their writers are idiots.

House has jumped the shark!

What should we watch now, Dr. J?

Josephus

no1 wrote:House has jumped the shark!

What should we watch now, Dr. J?

House.

Good morning y'all.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
Josephus wrote:House.

Good morning y'all.

yes, it's a great morning. happy happy morning.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
kenney9226 wrote:yes, it's a great morning. happy happy morning.

Alright, I'll bite. What's so great about it? It's a Monday for Pete's sake! Sheesh. Get a case of the Mondays, will ya?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning Friends. I'm having trouble getting going this morning. It's gonna be a weird week for me. Son will be with his dad Tue-Thu because his dad will be out of town next weekend. It's gonna be lonely.

Guess I'll watch more Dark Shadows. I think I watched about 15+ episodes this weekend. Dang thing is addicting. It's hilarious to see all the goofs & flubs. They filmed 7-14 days before the airdate but they filmed one a day so I guess they just went with the best Take.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kenney9226

krapposelli wrote:Alright, I'll bite. What's so great about it? It's a Monday for Pete's sake! Sheesh. Get a case of the Mondays, will ya?

It's a GIANT Monday! The lovely Mrs. kenney9226 and I enjoyed the game last night from the comfort of our own home, the halftime show was, I believe, the halftime show by which all future halftime shows shall be measured, and the kids behaved themselves, a lot to be happy about...

I haven't had a case of "the Mondays" in over a year. I used to have a terrible, terrible, terrible, just horrible job that was stressful and thankless and sometimes dangerous, but I lucked into a job in this farm of cubicles, and although it's more like Office Space than ever, it's paradise comapred with some of the carp I dealt with for 6 years.

But I'l cheer down a bit for ya!

GRRRR!! ANGRY DAY!!!

Josephus

kenney9226 wrote: the halftime show was, I believe, the halftime show by which all future halftime shows shall be measured...

I

Did you notice all the aluminum walkers parked next to the stage, so the band could get on and off the field?

-wow, Tom Petty is like, 100 now?

pooflady

58 isn't that old.

pooflady

Oh, yeah, morning everyone.
Warm here, but starting to rain.

kenney9226

Josephus wrote:Did you notice all the aluminum walkers parked next to the stage, so the band could get on and off the field?

-wow, Tom Petty is like, 100 now?

well, yeah, but did you see his awesome beard?

Josephus

kenney9226 wrote:well, yeah, but did you see his awesome beard?

I wonder who dyes it?

kenney9226

Josephus wrote:I wonder who dyes it?

oh, no, it's 100% natural! He was runnin' down the American girl's free-fallin' dream.

And did you see that guy's catch towards the end of the game? It was sort of like he was saying, "yeah, Eli, you can escape from being sacked and all that, but I'm a-gonna outshine you by catching your pass by using just one hand and the top of my helmet!"

And when Charlie Brown, of all people, got the runaway Coke bottle, that almost made me cry!

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
kenney9226 wrote:It's a GIANT Monday! The lovely Mrs. kenney9226 and I enjoyed the game last night from the comfort of our own home, the halftime show was, I believe, the halftime show by which all future halftime shows shall be measured, and the kids behaved themselves, a lot to be happy about...

I haven't had a case of "the Mondays" in over a year. I used to have a terrible, terrible, terrible, just horrible job that was stressful and thankless and sometimes dangerous, but I lucked into a job in this farm of cubicles, and although it's more like Office Space than ever, it's paradise comapred with some of the carp I dealt with for 6 years.

But I'l cheer down a bit for ya!

GRRRR!! ANGRY DAY!!!

That's much better, thank you.

I fell asleep during the game, so I missed the end. Husband said I missed a good game, and it sounds like it was an exciting end. Tom Petty sounded great and all, but was just a little too laid back for a Superbowl Halftime show. Needed more energy, not just standing and singing. One of my favorite commercials, which doesn't seem to be getting all that much love, was the Dorito's one where the guy sets the mouse trap with a pice of a chip and then a big old mouse comes out and attacks him. Had us giggling.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Oh, yeah, morning everyone.
Warm here, but starting to rain.

Morning. They're forcasting 83 and rain for us. It's February, right?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SkekTek

daj59 wrote:Morning. They're forcasting 83 and rain for us. It's February, right?

We're getting 65 tomorrow

Almost done with LSW... just 1 more piece until the locked door is open.