tennbeekeeper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tennbeekeeper

How are you and how is your daughter?

tennbeekeeper

dontwantaname wrote:Where have you been???

How is baby bee?

Baby bee is getting smarter every day... and is getting lots of teeth the last few weeks.
I've been busy watching her, mostly. She is getting to where she is into everything and doesn't understand "no" too well, of course! She just turned 20 months old and at 19 months old could point out all the numbers between 1 and 10 to me and hubby. We think that is great.
Also, I am looking at homes in TN... don't know when we will make the move, but I think in the next few months or so. Depends on when we will put our house on the market and when it sells.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

tennbeekeeper wrote:Baby bee is getting smarter every day... and is getting lots of teeth the last few weeks.
I've been busy watching her, mostly. She is getting to where she is into everything and doesn't understand "no" too well, of course! She just turned 20 months old and at 19 months old could point out all the numbers between 1 and 10 to me and hubby. We think that is great.
Also, I am looking at home in TN... don't know when we will make the move, but I think in the next few months or so. Depends on when we will put our house on the market and when it sells.

Can your husband work from there?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
tennbeekeeper wrote:Baby bee is getting smarter every day... and is getting lots of teeth the last few weeks.
Also, I am looking at home in TN... don't know when we will make the move, but I think in the next few months or so. Depends on when we will put our house on the market and when it sells.

Hi, Tenn.
Will you be able to move your bees?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

tennbeekeeper

Hi, poof!!

Yes, Hubby can work from just about anywhere, as long as he has high speed internet. Bees can come, too, but I think they have to be inspected by someone before they can cross the state border. I will work on that soon to find out what we need to do. Otherwise, we can sell our hives here and buy some hives over there, if necessary. I am really hopeing we can find a house with some land, but it is very hard to find in the area close to my family (too expensive, if it has much land to it). We really need to go outside their county, but h@te to do that, too. So, I will just have to hunt really well!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

tennbeekeeper wrote:Hi, poof!!

Yes, Hubby can work from just about anywhere, as long as he has high speed internet. Bees can come, too, but I think they have to be inspected by someone before they can cross the state border. I will work on that soon to find out what we need to do. Otherwise, we can sell our hives here and buy some hives over there, if necessary. I am really hopeing we can find a house with some land, but it is very hard to find in the area close to my family (too expensive, if it has much land to it). We really need to go outside their county, but h@te to do that, too. So, I will just have to hunt really well!

If you are going back to Tenn to be close to family, I would think you are better off closer with no land.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

tennbeekeeper

I really don't want to go since I have both of you here, but I really must go to bed. I miss talking to you!!

tennbeekeeper

dontwantaname wrote:If you are going back to Tenn to be close to family, I would think you are better off closer with no land.

Yes, I agree, but I am going to really hunt.
Goodnight... I will try to log on tomorrow to see if you all are here. Much love to you, and sleep well.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Night Tennabee!

Night Poof, see you tomorrow!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

howdy hi people!

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

Good morning. Gots some lovely weather headed this way... yippee. Nothing like a rainy dreary day to brighten your mood.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
krapposelli wrote:Good morning. Gots some lovely weather headed this way... yippee. Nothing like a rainy dreary day to brighten your mood.

we're supposed to hit 71 before the rain arrives. That's crazy.

krapposelli

Josephus wrote:we're supposed to hit 71 before the rain arrives. That's crazy.

Yes, it is. Oh, and thanks. Now I have that "cra-a-a-zy over youuuuu" song stuck in my head.

Off to go take son for a speech therapy eval. My money is on him refusing to talk and them not being able to assess him. The little snot. Be back later...

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Josephus wrote:we're supposed to hit 71 before the rain arrives. That's crazy.

Same here. I'm wearing my hawaiian shirt to work. Got to represent the 50th... oh yeah, MORNING ALL!!!

pooflady

Morning everyone.
I think it's rained most of the last 24 hours, some of it really heavy. Never got as warm yesterday as they said it was going to.

krapposelli

Geez Louise. Okay, son finally started talking about halfway through the assessment - very quietly and his hands in his mouth. Most of his speech problems are age appropriate except for K & G sounds. So no speech therapy for him, which is probably good since the little snot won't talk! Of course, he won't STOP talking at home...

So, I get back to my desk and have a message from daughters school that she isn't feeling well and wants to be picked up. I literally drove right past it on my way back from son's appointment. Grrrr. Fortunately, my m-i-l can go get her so I don't have to leave right away, but am I going to be able to get anything done today????

SkekTek

krapposelli wrote:Geez Louise. Okay, son finally started talking about halfway through the assessment - very quietly and his hands in his mouth. Most of his speech problems are age appropriate except for K & G sounds. So no speech therapy for him, which is probably good since the little snot won't talk! Of course, he won't STOP talking at home...

So, I get back to my desk and have a message from daughters school that she isn't feeling well and wants to be picked up. I literally drove right past it on my way back from son's appointment. Grrrr. Fortunately, my m-i-l can go get her so I don't have to leave right away, but am I going to be able to get anything done today????

Talk about coincidence. My youngest is getting checked for speech as we speak at home...Almost 2 and still not talking much.

krapposelli

SkekTek wrote:Talk about coincidence. My youngest is getting checked for speech as we speak at home...Almost 2 and still not talking much.

Hope he/she cooperates better than my son did!

SkekTek

krapposelli wrote:Hope he/she cooperates better than my son did!

He's usually pretty agreeable, but a bit distracted. Doesn't help that we have the 5-year old home at the same time who loves the attention of visitors, but the wife's setting him up with Lego Star wars, which should get him out of the way!

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZILLA

krapposelli

SkekTek wrote:He's usually pretty agreeable, but a bit distracted. Doesn't help that we have the 5-year old home at the same time who loves the attention of visitors, but the wife's setting him up with Lego Star wars, which should get him out of the way!

If he qualifies for speech, will they continue to come to the house for the therapy? If so, that's awfully convenient! We have to drive daughter to the public elementary school (she goes to a Catholic school) - fortunately, we were able to get her scheduled after her school dismisses so she won't miss class for the therapy - and my m-i-l can take her so I don't have to leave work early every week.

pooflady

Off to the chiropractor. Again. See you later.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning folks. This morning didn't go as planned. Computer froze up and the end of the day yesterday. I just forced a shutdown and left. No big deal.

It wouldn't boot this morning. Fan sounded like a jet engine. Great. One of the techs came and re-seated the memory and got it to boot the hardware bios but not to the hard drive. I restarted and got it to boot. I've backed up all my stuff and am waiting for a different tech to come do a healing dance around it.

45 minutes and nothing done. Sigh.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

krapposelli

daj59 wrote:Morning folks. This morning didn't go as planned. Computer froze up and the end of the day yesterday. I just forced a shutdown and left. No big deal.

It wouldn't boot this morning. Fan sounded like a jet engine. Great. One of the techs came and re-seated the memory and got it to boot the hardware bios but not to the hard drive. I restarted and got it to boot. I've backed up all my stuff and am waiting for a different tech to come do a healing dance around it.

Stupid new fangled technology.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Hey everybody! I think the rain has just about left us. We sent it up to you 'selli. Been busy at work. I wubble I missed Tennabee. Glad she and baby bee are fine.

krapposelli

joyner wrote:Hey everybody! I think the rain has just about left us. We sent it up to you 'selli. Been busy at work. I wubble I missed Tennabee. Glad she and baby bee are fine.

Rain, I can handle. Just don't anyone send us any of those freaky tornadoes. We're supposed to get severe thunderstorms later today - should be an interesting evening since my daughter flips out during storms.

pooflady

Back from back jumper. Now heading to a market research appointment where they're going to pay me $75 to tell them what I think. My idea of heaven.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Record high here. Guess I get to wear a woot tee. Heavy rain warnings.
Plus snow later in the week? We will see about that.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

krapposelli wrote:If he qualifies for speech, will they continue to come to the house for the therapy? If so, that's awfully convenient! We have to drive daughter to the public elementary school (she goes to a Catholic school) - fortunately, we were able to get her scheduled after her school dismisses so she won't miss class for the therapy - and my m-i-l can take her so I don't have to leave work early every week.

Yes, they come to the house 1/week, and b/c we don't make a whole lotta money (stay at home mom, me being the sole $ person, etc), we get it for free!

It's nice you can schedule it for your school stuff...

SkekTek

daj59 wrote:Morning folks. This morning didn't go as planned. Computer froze up and the end of the day yesterday. I just forced a shutdown and left. No big deal.

Dell? Mine does that when it crashes big time (hold power button down, fan does the jet engine until it shuts off).

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Morning all. Looks like we are getting a little break from the snow.

I highly doubt my very vocal 3 year old will be needing any speech help at this point. I've heard they can do wonderful things for some kids though. Somebody want my 3 year old today. She's only been up for 45 minutes and I am already ready to kill her. Ohh it isn't going to be a good day.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

Wow, it's dead in here. Even the derby cyberpub thread is more active.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Dell? Mine does that when it crashes big time (hold power button down, fan does the jet engine until it shuts off).

Yeah. GX280. Except my fan was taking off when I turned the computer on.

The tech wizard replaced the bit ol' heatsink. He said the usual cause is overheating. My heatsink was barely warm after being on for a couple hours so it may have not been working properly.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KtCallista

no1 wrote:Wow, it's dead in here. Even the derby cyberpub thread is more active.

no kidding

krapposelli

SkekTek wrote:Yes, they come to the house 1/week, and b/c we don't make a whole lotta money (stay at home mom, me being the sole $ person, etc), we get it for free!

It's nice you can schedule it for your school stuff...

Free stuff rocks!

KtCallista

krapposelli wrote:Free stuff rocks!

Agreed! I also think it is great that MrsTek can stay home and not work. Congrats to you that you have that option!

krapposelli

KtCallista wrote:Somebody want my 3 year old today. She's only been up for 45 minutes and I am already ready to kill her. Ohh it isn't going to be a good day.

Maybe a little Benadryl to help her take a nice relaxing nap this afternoon?

I can not imagine being a stay-at-home or work-at-home Mom full-time. You have my complete respect - I couldn't do it. Though, somedays I don't think I can handle the working-mom deal either - those are the days when I want to get on I-95 and just keep on going... then one of the kids does something cute or funny and I'm glad to be a Mom again. God help them if they stop being cute.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:Agreed! I also think it is great that MrsTek can stay home and not work. Congrats to you that you have that option!

Ms. KtC,

Our bank account balance is just about where it was a year ago, with Mrs. 1 not working 2/3 of the year.