krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
no1 wrote:Mmm! Do you have enough to share with the whole class, Ms. K?

Here's a bite for you, no1.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
krapposelli wrote:Sure. BTW - that's just a picture I found on the 'net, but it should look something like that.

Hungarian Goulash

2 lb. beef stew meat
1 cup onion - sliced (I use the pre-cut frozen onion, much quicker and it practically disolves so those who don't like onions don't know it's in there)
1 sm garlic clove - minced (I use about a tsp of the garlic that comes in a jar)
3/4 cup ketchup (catsup, if you prefer)
2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs. brown sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dry mustard
dash cayenne pepper (I put about 1/2 tsp... but I like the spicy kick...)
1.5 cups water

Brown meat with the onion and garlic - cook until meat is brown and onion is tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 2 to 2.5 hours.

2 Tbs flour
1/4 cup water

Mix flour and water, and sitr into meat mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute to thicken. Serve over noodles.

Thanks, sounds yummy. How come you didn't double it so your family would have it, too?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

krapposelli

pooflady wrote:Thanks, sounds yummy. How come you didn't double it so your family would have it, too?

Because that would have made sense and be a smart thing to have done.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
krapposelli wrote:Here's a bite for you, no1.

Ms. K,

Strange, it tastes like my monitor.

krapposelli

no1 wrote:Ms. K,

Strange, it tastes like my monitor.

Pretty good though, no?

pooflady

krapposelli wrote:Because that would have made sense and be a smart thing to have done.

I understand completely. What's your family getting?

no1

krapposelli wrote:Pretty good though, no?

Ms. K,
I have to say, it looked better than it tasted.

krapposelli

pooflady wrote:I understand completely. What's your family getting?

Tonight for dinner? Nothing. Well, that's not true. My m-i-l fed the kids spaghetti before I got home from work (Thursday is spaghetti night and my b-i-l's family was there too) and I ate a late lunch, so I didn't eat dinner. I usually only cook 1, maybe 2 meals a week. It's kinda hard since my husband works evenings and my m-i-l feeds the kids. Okay, that last part isn't hard, it is great, but makes it hard to do any cooking during the week.

pooflady

krapposelli wrote:Tonight for dinner? Nothing. Well, that's not true. My m-i-l fed the kids spaghetti before I got home from work (Thursday is spaghetti night and my b-i-l's family was there too) and I ate a late lunch, so I didn't eat dinner. I usually only cook 1, maybe 2 meals a week. It's kinda hard since my husband works evenings and my m-i-l feeds the kids. Okay, that last part isn't hard, it is great, but makes it hard to do any cooking during the week.

I'd say that's pretty terrific. Back when I was cooking for a family, I'd have liked cooking a lot better if I only had to do it a few times a week.

When my youngest son got married, his wife said that she didn't like to cook - so she never did. I thought, damn, nobody ever told me I had a choice. This was back when it was the woman's "job." On the other hand, I only worked part time so I figured it was part of my job. I did insist on suggestions, though. Got so tired of the same things over and over and over.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:Tonight for dinner? Nothing. Well, that's not true. My m-i-l fed the kids spaghetti before I got home from work (Thursday is spaghetti night and my b-i-l's family was there too) and I ate a late lunch, so I didn't eat dinner. I usually only cook 1, maybe 2 meals a week. It's kinda hard since my husband works evenings and my m-i-l feeds the kids. Okay, that last part isn't hard, it is great, but makes it hard to do any cooking during the week.

Thursday was macaroni night with the grandparents too.
Thursday and Sunday, but I'm the only one who went on Sunday.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

krapposelli

pooflady wrote:I'd say that's pretty terrific. Back when I was cooking for a family, I'd have liked cooking a lot better if I only had to do it a few times a week.

When my youngest son got married, his wife said that she didn't like to cook - so she never did. I thought, damn, nobody ever told me I had a choice. This was back when it was the woman's "job." On the other hand, I only worked part time so I figured it was part of my job. I did insist on suggestions, though. Got so tired of the same things over and over and over.

My husband will be back to working day-shift sometime this summer (we're doing it this way to save $ on daycare - next Fall our son will go to full day Kindergarten) so I'll, no we'll be cooking more. I feel guilty having her feed me and the kids though. But then I get over it pretty quickly.

I think my m-i-l is just appalled that I don't iron every single piece of clothing - including jeans. I did for the first year or so of our marriage, then I convinced the husband that you really can't tell if the jeans are ironed. Laundry day is much better now. I'm pretty sure all of husbands' siblings (or their spouse) iron everything. I"m such the rebel.

edit: I'm off to finish cooking and then heading to bed. Good night.

pooflady

krapposelli wrote:My husband will be back to working day-shift sometime this summer (we're doing it this way to save $ on daycare - next Fall our son will go to full day Kindergarten) so I'll, no we'll be cooking more. I feel guilty having her feed me and the kids though. But then I get over it pretty quickly.

I think my m-i-l is just appalled that I don't iron every single piece of clothing - including jeans. I did for the first year or so of our marriage, then I convinced the husband that you really can't tell if the jeans are ironed. Laundry day is much better now. I'm pretty sure all of husbands' siblings (or their spouse) iron everything. I"m such the rebel.

What's this "iron" she's talking about. I thought it was a metal.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:My husband will be back to working day-shift sometime this summer (we're doing it this way to save $ on daycare - next Fall our son will go to full day Kindergarten) so I'll, no we'll be cooking more. I feel guilty having her feed me and the kids though. But then I get over it pretty quickly.

Weird, in my husbands family all the guys iron, because they are more neurotic than the wives!
They all learned to send the work shirts to the laundry really fast.

Night!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

(Found on the Internet)
(sung to the tune of the "spider man" cartoon song)

Iron Man, Iron Man
Does whatever an iron can
Presses pants really fine
Keeps those pleats right in line
Look out! Here comes the Iron Man

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

How do you tactfully tell someone to stop being a looser?

Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady

FenStar wrote:How do you tactfully tell someone to stop being a looser?

You don't.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
FenStar wrote:How do you tactfully tell someone to stop being a looser?

A looser what? Woman? (Uh oh, I'm a gonna get slapped)...

Or do you mean loser?

I'm soooo stuffed. Our iHOP closed :cry: so we had to eat at Applebee's. Had the quesadilla burger, fries, my son's fries he wouldn't eat, a Brewtus beer, a glass of water, and a tummy ache...

pooflady

SkekTek wrote:A looser what? Woman? (Uh oh, I'm a gonna get slapped)...

Or do you mean loser?

I'm soooo stuffed. Our iHOP closed :cry: so we had to eat at Applebee's. Had the quesadilla burger, fries, my son's fries he wouldn't eat, a Brewtus beer, a glass of water, and a tummy ache...

Our IHOP is horrible. I went four times in the first year or so they opened. The service was terrible and the food nothing to write home about. You were better off at Applebee's.

Husband just called (on his new cell phone!) and is at White Castle, wanted to know if I wanted anything. Uh, no.

SkekTek

pooflady wrote:Our IHOP is horrible. I went four times in the first year or so they opened. The service was terrible and the food nothing to write home about. You were better off at Applebee's.

Husband just called (on his new cell phone!) and is at White Castle, wanted to know if I wanted anything. Uh, no.

My wife'd be jealous. They don't have any here, and sometimes she gets the major hankerin' for sliders.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Our IHOP is horrible. I went four times in the first year or so they opened. The service was terrible and the food nothing to write home about. You were better off at Applebee's.

Heh, we don't have an IHOP, but our Applebees is horrible. . . Glad ProfTek had a good time!

Beware the V'owls screech!

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Heh, we don't have an IHOP, but our Applebees is horrible. . . Glad ProfTek had a good time!

Yeah, Applebee's isn't my favorite place. But better than O'Charley's. Same type of restaurant. And TGIFriday's is maybe a cut above both.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:Heh, we don't have an IHOP, but our Applebees is horrible. . . Glad ProfTek had a good time!

Our mouths wanted pancakes, but we had good food and the kids like it there.

pooflady

SkekTek wrote:Our mouths wanted pancakes, but we had good food and the kids like it there.

The only place for "good" pancakes is Perkins.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
pooflady wrote:Yeah, Applebee's isn't my favorite place. But better than O'Charley's. Same type of restaurant. And TGIFriday's is maybe a cut above both.

If you plan on eating there before Feb 29th print this out

Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady

FenStar wrote:If you plan on eating there before Feb 29th print this out

Thanks, Fen. Think I'll take m-i-l there for lunch one day.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Sorry fen, the internet went out, I didn't just ignore you.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Don't have one, but thanks!

Beware the V'owls screech!

SkekTek

pooflady wrote:The only place for "good" pancakes is Perkins.

Best place for pancakes is here

The Apple pancake is to die for, and is so large I share it with others and still have leftovers...

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

See Poof, I was saying goodnight to k'selli!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Best place for pancakes is here

The Apple pancake is to die for, and is so large I share it with others and still have leftovers...

But I don't want to drive to Ill for pancakes!

When we went to the family reunion last year in the Catskills (NY), there were all these good places to eat. Every little place we went into was cheap and excellent. Don't know how they did it, there aren't that many people up there. None were all that busy.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:But I don't want to drive to Ill for pancakes!

When we went to the family reunion last year in the Catskills (NY), there were all these good places to eat. Every little place we went into was cheap and excellent. Don't know how they did it, there aren't that many people up there. None were all that busy.

They probably don't have the overhead that places in NYC have.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:They probably don't have the overhead that places in NYC have.

Nope, they don't.
The hotel, however, thought it was in the city. The food there was not so good and totally expensive.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
SkekTek wrote:Best place for pancakes is here

According to The Splendid Table this week, this is the best place for pancakes. if i ever go to Nashville...

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

is v8r back for now, or was he just popping in to say hi?

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

and i'm giving up on the german for now... g'nite

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Nobody to say goodnight to?

Oh well.

Good night nobody!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Nobody to say goodnight to?

Oh well.

Good night nobody!

Good night, D'name.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Good night, D'name.

Lurker!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Lurker!!!

No one was talking.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:No one was talking.

Too late now,
See you in the morning!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!