pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
cruzer wrote:We'll he's got about a year before we have to worry about that.

Government jobs are nice like that.

Yeah, they are.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
dontwantaname wrote:Well, it isn't suppose to be that huge a chunk.
Or at least it is suppose to be only one, not two at a time.

well, we all have to deal with it some time. Doesn't matter when it happens. It isn't the first time that I have had to deal with multiple deaths around my life.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Life tends not to read the rules.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Night Cruzer and Poof, see ya tomorrow

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Night Cruzer and Poof, see ya tomorrow

Night, D'name.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

edlada

quality posts: 2 Private Messages edlada

@#$@@# govt. computer! I can add a post but it won't let me respond to one. Re:
AZGmans reponse to Pooflady abou tno Green Berets, there are going to be a lot of pissed off booger heads if they read that they are extinct.

PCS to Ft. Bragg, NC and successfully complete the Special Forces Qualification Course (Earn the Green Beret and Special Forces Tab)

That was taken directly from this website:
http://www.bragg.army.mil/specialforces/earn.htm

Special Forces or "Green Berets" are small, highly mobile, highly indpendent teams that are intensively trained in small unit tactics, explosives, medicine and languages that train local forces, operate far into the bad guys territory and generally cause covert problems.

Army Rangers are highly trained parachute infantry (foot) soldiers that are also trained to operate more independently than normal infantry as well as use unconventional tactics at times.

Both organizations are alive and well and the SOF (Special Operations Forces)Soldiers still wear the Green Beret, bestowed upon them by president John F. Kennedy, proudly.

My dogs like me, that is important.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

good morning, people.

good, morning people!

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
kenney9226 wrote:good morning, people.

good, morning people!

I'm not sure which is for me, so I'll just stick to: Good morning.

cruzer

cruzer wrote:well, we all have to deal with it some time. Doesn't matter when it happens. It isn't the first time that I have had to deal with multiple deaths around my life.

I don't know why I said deaths here....

I think it should have been tragedies or hardships, or something like that.

cruzer

morning K&K

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

hey, there's a lot of threads (sorry, two threads) closing in on the 100 page mark this week. that might perk things up later on... It's like a big woot party and everybody joins in to see the close of the thread.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Gmorning cruzer, kenney, fellow PWA'ers and the lurkers out there (yeah, you- Hi!)

krapposelli

cruzer wrote:I don't know why I said deaths here....

I think it should have been tragedies or hardships, or something like that.

I have a couple of friends who have the black cloud constantly over them. It's like life just can't kick them enough when they are down.

I hope your little black cloud has moved on and your life gets back to "normal" soon!

cruzer

krapposelli wrote:I have a couple of friends who have the black cloud constantly over them. It's like life just can't kick them enough when they are down.

I hope your little black cloud has moved on and your life gets back to "normal" soon!

Well, I can't say that life has been hard, because it hasn't. I just have had some bad timing recently.

pblgov

quality posts: 15 Private Messages pblgov

Outsourcing and Depression

I have a friend who was very depressed so he called Lifeline; and reached the call center which is now in Pakistan.

He told them that he was suicidal.

They got very excited and asked if he could drive a truck!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
edlada wrote:@#$@@# govt. computer! I can add a post but it won't let me respond to one. Re:
AZGmans reponse to Pooflady abou tno Green Berets, there are going to be a lot of pissed off booger heads if they read that they are extinct.

PCS to Ft. Bragg, NC and successfully complete the Special Forces Qualification Course (Earn the Green Beret and Special Forces Tab)

That was taken directly from this website:
http://www.bragg.army.mil/specialforces/earn.htm

Special Forces or "Green Berets" are small, highly mobile, highly indpendent teams that are intensively trained in small unit tactics, explosives, medicine and languages that train local forces, operate far into the bad guys territory and generally cause covert problems.

Army Rangers are highly trained parachute infantry (foot) soldiers that are also trained to operate more independently than normal infantry as well as use unconventional tactics at times.

Both organizations are alive and well and the SOF (Special Operations Forces)Soldiers still wear the Green Beret, bestowed upon them by president John F. Kennedy, proudly.

I stand corrected . . . and apologize for my iggerance.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

Mornin', folks

cruzer

AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks

morning gman.

Hi Pebbles.

AZGman

cruzer wrote:morning gman.

Hi Pebbles.

Hiya, cruzer. You folks gettin' busy yet?

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Glad to see people are out and about (in a virtual way). Lots of stuff going on a work and at home. Things should settle down by the end of the week I hope. Catch ya' later!

AZGman

joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! Glad to see people are out and about (in a virtual way). Lots of stuff going on a work and at home. Things should settle down by the end of the week I hope. Catch ya' later!

Hi, j'ner; bye, j'ner

SkekTek

Anyone else at -10 wind chill today?

cruzer

AZGman wrote:Hiya, cruzer. You folks gettin' busy yet?

well, the parking lot is sure getting full everyday, so they must be getting into the swing of things.

We don't really see a "busy" season since we can have things submitted at all times of the year. We don't see near the amount of action as others do.

A lot, but much less than all those people that actually file their taxes.

pooflady

SkekTek wrote:Anyone else at -10 wind chill today?

Nope, we're only at -2.

pooflady

Oh, yeah, morning everyone.

SkekTek

pooflady wrote:Oh, yeah, morning everyone.

Aw, MAN!!! A red-tailed hawk just landed on the tree outside my office. He's BEAUTIFUL! Wish I had a camera- my webcam can't stretch that far!

AZGman

Afternoon, folks

cruzer

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks

good afternoon gman, all.

SkekTek

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks

Thread's dead, Gman... thread's dead.

Seriously, it's been pretty comatose in here lately.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Aw, MAN!!! A red-tailed hawk just landed on the tree outside my office. He's BEAUTIFUL! Wish I had a camera- my webcam can't stretch that far!

Wouldn't he eat your pigeons if he got the chance?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

cruzer wrote:good afternoon gman, all.

Hey, cruzer.

SkekTek wrote:Thread's dead, Gman... thread's dead.

Seriously, it's been pretty comatose in here lately.

Yep . . . this place is being affected by the post-holiday, pre-tax, mid-winter blahs that hit everyone to some degree . . .

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Wouldn't he eat your pigeons if he got the chance?

Then it would be guilty of what? Being a hawk? It doesn't make it a less beautiful bird!!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Wouldn't he eat your pigeons if he got the chance?

Yeah, if I forced them to live outside unguarded AND one or more were injured AND they were stupid enough to get themselves cornered. But then again, it's evolution in action if so. Hawks around here tend to go for easier targets than fast-moving pigeons: field mice near the stream, and dumb squirrels that crawl into garbage cans looking for food. A year ago I saw a hawk dive down onto a can, nab a squirrel who tried to bust out of the can, and fly off with him. A bit sad, a bit terrifying, but that's nature...

AZGman

What does / +? mean next to derby entries?

peglegwookie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peglegwookie
cruzer wrote:Well, I can't say that life has been hard, because it hasn't. I just have had some bad timing recently.

Here is a little funny that happened to me that will cheer you up.

The wife and I were just coming home from a Sweethearts dance and I had two slices of cheesecake on a plate. Very good cheesecake btw. Here where we are it has been cold and icy the last few days. So we are walking down the driveway to our apartment and I hit a patch of ice. While I slip and use my free hand to break my fall the other hand shoots up, the one holding the plate with cheesecake. Sure enough the cheesecake achieves dessert plate escape velocity and flies into the air and plops back down on the ground.

I wasn't hurt and it made me laugh since I was so excited to have the cheesecake only to see it fly into the air and come back with a nice splat.

Enjoy your day

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:What does / +? mean next to derby entries?

It is in the fog.
Woot did that after they had a tie and gave both shirts for $10.
Now you don't know how many votes a shirt has if it is one of the top 4.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

krapposelli

peglegwookie wrote:Here is a little funny that happened to me that will cheer you up.

The wife and I were just coming home from a Sweethearts dance and I had two slices of cheesecake on a plate. Very good cheesecake btw. Here where we are it has been cold and icy the last few days. So we are walking down the driveway to our apartment and I hit a patch of ice. While I slip and use my free hand to break my fall the other hand shoots up, the one holding the plate with cheesecake. Sure enough the cheesecake achieves dessert plate escape velocity and flies into the air and plops back down on the ground.

I wasn't hurt and it made me laugh since I was so excited to have the cheesecake only to see it fly into the air and come back with a nice splat.

Enjoy your day

So... did you scoop it up and eat it? Welcome to the "I've slipped and fallen on my butt" club.

pooflady

Hi, everyone. Back from lunch (chicken prima vera), the post office and Penney's. I was debating on the grocery store because we're supposed to get snow tonight (the most this year, 3-5 inches) and it just seems like I ought to go to the store. But I really don't need anything. I'll probably regret it.

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:It is in the fog.
Woot did that after they had a tie and gave both shirts for $10.
Now you don't know how many votes a shirt has if it is one of the top 4.

Ahhh . . . makes sense; thanks!