SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
dontwantaname wrote:But it is the same button that locks the thread! Sometimes the post locks, sometimes the whole thread locks.
Lots of time nothing happens!
The best is when it unlocks on its own.

I'm wondering if it lets you finish a post you started writing after you lock it? IE- could I open a post window, camp out for 4 minutes, then post it as the last? Better not answer that... if it's yes.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:I'm wondering if it lets you finish a post you started writing after you lock it? IE- could I open a post window, camp out for 4 minutes, then post it as the last? Better not answer that... if it's yes.

Nope, you get a server error.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
daj59 wrote:Nope, you get a server error.

I got a server error. what were the chances?

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:I got a server error. what were the chances?

I get those all the time... during wootoffs...
EDIT: I've gotta go home.. I'm really not feeling well all of a sudden... talk later.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
SkekTek wrote:I get those all the time... during wootoffs...
EDIT: I've gotta go home.. I'm really not feeling well all of a sudden... talk later.

Uh-oh. Feel better.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
SkekTek wrote:I get those all the time... during wootoffs...

Didn't he just say, "Life is good"? He should have known better. Bet he doesn't get the barbecue either.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

SkekTek

pooflady wrote:Didn't he just say, "Life is good"? He should have known better. Bet he doesn't get the barbecue either.

Life is good. My health currently is not. BBQ is probably postponed...

Geh... I have to survive here for an other 15 minutes or so. I forgot i'm meeting a student... she's late, but I'll give her til 20 after to show. Sprite helped...

pooflady

SkekTek wrote:Life is good. My health currently is not. BBQ is probably postponed...

Geh... I have to survive here for an other 15 minutes or so. I forgot i'm meeting a student... she's late, but I'll give her til 20 after to show. Sprite helped...

Lucky girl, you're going to give her a chance to catch what you've got.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Lucky girl, you're going to give her a chance to catch what you've got.

I wonder if he caught what I had/have? ? I swear we catch stuff from each other!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

krapposelli

dontwantaname wrote:I wonder if he caught what I had/have? ? I swear we catch stuff from each other!

Then I sincerely apologize for all the germs I've spread over the past few weeks.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
dontwantaname wrote:
Is Cruzer around?

No, why?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:Then I sincerely apologize for all the germs I've spread over the past few weeks.

There are new people who need to be interrogated! You need to come back healthy and get to work!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Hey everybody. I'm waaayy behind so I'm going to catch up........

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:Hey everybody. I'm waaayy behind so I'm going to catch up........

Tell me what you find out....I'm not up to date either.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

krapposelli

dontwantaname wrote:There are new people who need to be interrogated! You need to come back healthy and get to work!

Where? Who? Unfortunately, real work has been taxing my brain and these other things keep slipping through.

Do we know anything about Kenney? Other than his love for the pucker?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:Where? Who? Unfortunately, real work has been taxing my brain and these other things keep slipping through.

I think so, but this is how bad I have gotten...I keep notes in a notebook, because the damn PM that I stores stuff in keeps getting deleted.
The notebook in on the floor, next to my feet.
I say to myself, I should write that down....but I'm too lazy to bend down and pick up the notebook.
Plus, then I would have to find something to write with.
Then the next day, I can't remember who said what.

There are a bunch of college kids who are new.

Most of the shirt people are kids, or people with young kids. Any woot meeting will have to be at a chuck e cheese!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I think so, but this is how bad I have gotten...I keep notes in a notebook, because the damn PM that I stores stuff in keeps getting deleted.
The notebook in on the floor, next to my feet.
I say to myself, I should write that down....but I'm too lazy to bend down and pick up the notebook.
Plus, then I would have to find something to write with.
Then the next day, I can't remember who said what.

There are a bunch of college kids who are new.

Most of the shirt people are kids, or people with young kids. Any woot meeting will have to be at a chuck e cheese!

ROF - Chuck E. Cheese -- good one, D'name.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Nobody wants last post?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Most of the shirt people are kids, or people with young kids. Any woot meeting will have to be at a chuck e cheese!

Some of us are adults with big inner kids

Ok, survived the meeting without embarassment.

I know I said it before, I gotta say it again, thanks for those of you that helped me out with the fish design (suggestions, votes, general encouragement) and to those who helped v8r and kenney this week. Us newbs to the shirt/designing world really appreciate it... now, off to home and bed!

kenney9226

krapposelli wrote:Where? Who? Unfortunately, real work has been taxing my brain and these other things keep slipping through.

There's lots to know about me. Sadly, I am working on a (so far) four-page history of why I make pucker designs, illustrated with notable puckers of the past, with the intent to post it soon to finally end all this misguided rumor-filled speculation about why I do what I do. Don't wait up, as you will likely discover that, as with most things of mystery and speculation, the truth is pretty dull.

I probably won't publish the picture I used to model the first pucker shirt, as it is of my young daughter and I'd rather people say "that drawing you made is ugly" than make a personal attack on the picture. Not that most of you would, but some of those other designers use psychological warfare that I just don't want to handle.

But the basics, as some have figured out:

35/w/m/m
Northern Virginia area/commute on I-95
Work as a "slimy government contractor" for an unnamed Marine Corps program.
Three daughters (one is 9, and a pair of 7-year olds)
Fair amount of time during the work day to last post.
Is slowly working on getting a pile of fake woot IDs to fool everyone in the future (kenney9227, kenney9228, tkenney9226,...)

ALso, my cubicle is right under an air-conditioning vent. Some people have small space heaters in their cubes, so the AC keeps blowing. It's like a tiny icy wind storm in my cube all day long and I have to wear a thick sweater or fleece vest to maintain my warmth.

And that is all I have to say about that!

SecretIdentity

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SecretIdentity
kenney9226 wrote:blah, blah, blah

Don't believe him, I heard he's really Adam Sandler!

kenney9227

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenney9227
SecretIdentity wrote:Don't believe him, I heard he's really Adam Sandler!

No, he's Happy Gilmore, you hat!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Can someone hand me my notebook?

Were you a marine before you became a contractor?
Gman was in the military, but I don't know if it was the branch he works for now.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Can someone hand me my notebook?

Gman was in the military, but I don't know if it was the branch he works for now.

You know, you could open a Woot folder and then you wouldn't have to expend all that energy bending over and writing.

joyner

dontwantaname wrote:Tell me what you find out....I'm not up to date either.

1. Skek's fish is great, but he's caught something.
2. Daj is back, yeah!
3. Poof went somewhere and ate.
4. AZ must still be pretty busy.
5. 'selli's kids are well!

kenney9226

dontwantaname wrote:Can someone hand me my notebook?

No, no military experience, but working here makes me wish I did. These guys (and by "guys" I mean all service men and women) really put their butts on the line so the rest of us can live our lives, free to speak any way we want to.

Oh, one more personal bit-- there's really just one "e" in my name. Except when I have to spell it out and type "Kenneth," in which case there obviously is that second "e" there.

I'm also named after my stepdad. Go chew on that for a while

joyner

kenney9226 wrote:No, no military experience, but working here makes me wish I did. These guys (and by "guys" I mean all service men and women) really put their butts on the line so the rest of us can live our lives, free to speak any way we want to.

Oh, one more personal bit-- there's really just one "e" in my name. Except when I have to spell it out and type "Kenneth," in which case there obviously is that second "e" there.

OK, I like this type of puzzle. Your Mom and stepdad got together after she got pregnant but before your birth? Or your stepdad was your Dad best friend and you were named for him, then your Dad died and your Mom married BFF and he became your stepdad.

How am I doing?

pooflady

joyner wrote:OK, I like this type of puzzle. Your Mom and stepdad got together after she got pregnant but before your birth? Or your stepdad was your Dad best friend and you were named for him, then your Dad died and your Mom married BFF and he became your stepdad.

How am I doing?

I'm on the edge of my chair.

joyner

pooflady wrote:I'm on the edge of my chair.

Hey Poof! Did the snow melt?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Most of the shirt people are kids

TAYLORT5 wrote:maybe few, but I'm here.which Is why I don't make any sense to anyone on line.born in 1963 the year nothing good happened.except music

pooflady

joyner wrote:Hey Poof! Did the snow melt?

No, our inch or so is still here. The ice is melting, though. I think I'm going to go out before it refreezes.

pooflady

no1 wrote:

We have a few 40s here, don't we? Probably about as many 40s as 50s.

krapposelli

joyner wrote:OK, I like this type of puzzle. Your Mom and stepdad got together after she got pregnant but before your birth? Or your stepdad was your Dad best friend and you were named for him, then your Dad died and your Mom married BFF and he became your stepdad.

How am I doing?

Who was it, SB? No Gman who had this kind of puzzle a few months ago. You got the answer right away and I finally gave up and called uncle and got it right.

So my lame guess that is probably wrong is that it was a coincidence that you had the same names?

krapposelli

pooflady wrote:We have a few 40s here, don't we? Probably about as many 40s as 50s.

THe EBW seems like an "older" crowd. I honestly don't mean that as any type of insult - I'm mid 30s - I mean it in a good (very good!) way. Seems like a more mature crowd than the shirt crew. Thems some interesting folks over there. Hooo boy.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

krapposelli wrote:THe EBW seems like an "older" crowd. I honestly don't mean that as any type of insult - I'm mid 30s - I mean it in a good (very good!) way. Seems like a more mature crowd than the shirt crew. Thems some interesting folks over there. Hooo boy.

Older.
Mature.

I'll go get my cane now.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

krapposelli

kenney9226 wrote:No, no military experience, but working here makes me wish I did. These guys (and by "guys" I mean all service men and women) really put their butts on the line so the rest of us can live our lives, free to speak any way we want to.

Ooooh. Go to with the theme of my lame dodgeball entry (lame in execution, not lifestyle)... here's another lame guess!

Your father named you after his BFF and after your birth, he came out of the closet and recently married your step-father in a same-sex ceremony in Massachussets.

krapposelli

daj59 wrote:Older.
Mature.

I'll go get my cane now.

*sigh*. You know that isn't what I was intending. I know you use a walker!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:1. Skek's fish is great, but he's caught something.
2. Daj is back, yeah!
3. Poof went somewhere and ate.
4. AZ must still be pretty busy.
5. 'selli's kids are well!

Good job! I might hire you the next time I go on vacation.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

krapposelli wrote:Ooooh. Go to with the theme of my lame dodgeball entry (lame in execution, not lifestyle)... here's another lame guess!

Your father named you after his BFF and after your birth, he came out of the closet and recently married your step-father in a same-sex ceremony in Massachussets.

Oh, I hope this is the right one.

terrimeyers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers

You forgot to mention that I have been randomly posting after a 3 month absence. Didn't anyone miss me??

Thanks SS for my new togs!