qualheim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qualheim
Tinmansm wrote:

Anyone else have K-marts near them that are dumps inside and look as if they are falling apart?

They all look that way now. I haven't been inside of a kmart in the last 10 years that didn't look like a second-hand store.

Their quality is generally miserable also, yet their prices surpass walmart and target often.

The changes have been very disappointing since the time when I was a kid and used to shop at these until now. They've gone the way of Pamida and Shopko.

Anyone else remember Woolworths in the States? Much of their product was crap, but at least you knew that that was what you were getting and paid accordingly.

ExpletiveDeleted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ExpletiveDeleted
qualheim wrote:They all look that way now. I haven't been inside of a kmart in the last 10 years that didn't look like a second-hand store.

Their quality is generally miserable also, yet their prices surpass walmart and target often.

The changes have been very disappointing since the time when I was a kid and used to shop at these until now. They've gone the way of Pamida and Shopko.

Anyone else remember Woolworths in the States? Much of their product was crap, but at least you knew that that was what you were getting and paid accordingly.

The KMart near me is always clean and kept nice, but their prices aren't the bargain that they used to be.

You mean I really am important? How I feel when I'm drunk is correct?

easy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easy1
ExpletiveDeleted wrote:The KMart near me is always clean and kept nice, but their prices aren't the bargain that they used to be.

Isn't KMart owned by Sears? I think I heard that somewhere. And my wife thinks the Martha Stewart stuff is a good buy, but I wouldn't know.

ExpletiveDeleted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ExpletiveDeleted
easy1 wrote:Isn't KMart owned by Sears? I think I heard that somewhere. And my wife thinks the Martha Stewart stuff is a good buy, but I wouldn't know.

Kmart bought Sears back in 2004.

You mean I really am important? How I feel when I'm drunk is correct?

cjupiter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cjupiter

I still can't get over seeing Craftsman tools in KMart. I'm waiting for the pastel-handled Martha Stewart-edition ratcheting wrenches... not.

I even buy the Cr@p that ISN'T random.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I don't have any complaints about our local Kmart. Remodeled a few years ago. Clean and brightly lit. Wider aisles. Now, our local Wal-Mart, which is newer, is another story. Junky.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

SailorSpoon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SailorSpoon
qualheim wrote:They've gone the way of Pamida and Shopko.

Our ShopKo is so much cleaner than our Ultra-Mega-Complex-Super-Zoid-Walmart. And you can actually find sales associates to help you find stuff if you need to.

Spoooon!

qualheim

SailorSpoon wrote:Our ShopKo is so much cleaner than our Ultra-Mega-Complex-Super-Zoid-Walmart. And you can actually find sales associates to help you find stuff if you need to.

Yeah, but the prices aren't that competitive anymore and they've really cut down on a lot of their variety. I'll give you that though... they are always clean.

qualheim

cjupiter wrote:I still can't get over seeing Craftsman tools in KMart. I'm waiting for the pastel-handled Martha Stewart-edition ratcheting wrenches... not.

The crazy thing to me is the middle aisle area in our Kmart here with large appliances (kenmore and the like)... in midtown manhattan. I feel so sorry for the "sears" sales associates standing there all day.

plinth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages plinth

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.

markviens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages markviens

"K-Mart sucks Ray"

Mein W00Tz!: 1. 2/20/2007 Zcyber i3 Mini Speaker 2-Pack 2. 5/31/2007 iRiver AFT100 Mobile FM Transmitter 3. 6/1/2007 Random craptaculistic items X 3 !!!!! 4. 7/19/2007 LeakFrog! 5. 10/25/2007 Xact WristLinx FRS/GMRS X 3 6. 3/18/2008 La Crosse Technology Window Thermometer - 2 Pack 7. 5/11/2008 Maverick BBQ Thermometer 8. 5/4/10 Camelbak 70oz SnoBlast Hydration Pack (2) 9. Random Crappy Hour! 5/6/10
Mein Chopz! 112—HM; 128—CCC; 143—2nd; 157—1st; 160—HM; 161—HM; 177—MONKEY PRIZE!

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus
GodfatherND wrote:

Belly
PH Logo

Signature censored by Woot