superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

JadenKale wrote:it is not the derby that gets longer, it is our tolerance, or lack thereof, that gets shorter.

And that's silly. Why should it get shorter?

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
superspryte wrote:And that's silly. Why should it get shorter?

when you see designs that shouldn't win, or people arguing over design.... it seriously made me walk away from my computer last night. Heck, I never even knew what the shirt of the day was until I got to work this morning.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

And I like the forum better than the chat. The chat doesn't list post times so I can't tell if what I'm reading is from two minutes ago or last night and people post there so rapidly and with such nonsense it's hard to have any kind of conversation. I quit chats a long time ago because of that. It's also easier to keep up here. Yay.

And now for food. I haven't had anything today. Oooops. >_<;

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

JadenKale wrote:when you see designs that shouldn't win, or people arguing over design.... it seriously made me walk away from my computer last night. Heck, I never even knew what the shirt of the day was until I got to work this morning.

These past couple days have been rough, yeah. Really the past couple weeks. I hope this starts to heal.

The daily is cute. Certainly not my thing--the only shirt I have that has bones on it has a few in the shape of a heart (Halloween shirt) and it was given to me by my boyfriend.

JadenKale

superspryte wrote:And I like the forum better than the chat. The chat doesn't list post times so I can't tell if what I'm reading is from two minutes ago or last night and people post there so rapidly and with such nonsense it's hard to have any kind of conversation. I quit chats a long time ago because of that. It's also easier to keep up here. Yay.

And now for food. I haven't had anything today. Oooops. >_<;

you can probably set up the chat that way (and if so, cho would be the only person to do so)

as for food, I'm having a wrap with Roast Beef, Cheddar, Sauteed portabello mushrooms all sliced up, and a cilantro-lime mayo... yum!!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

JadenKale wrote:you can probably set up the chat that way (and if so, cho would be the only person to do so)

as for food, I'm having a wrap with Roast Beef, Cheddar, Sauteed portabello mushrooms all sliced up, and a cilantro-lime mayo... yum!!

Battered shrimp, garlic mashed potatoes, cole slaw.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

PS - Did I mention I love the Garlic Gaelic shirt? If I were Irish or my boyfriend was I'd buy it. From the way I love my Irish booze you'd think I was, heh.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
superspryte wrote:PS - Did I mention I love the Garlic Gaelic shirt? If I were Irish or my boyfriend was I'd buy it. From the way I love my Irish booze you'd think I was, heh.

Mmm... single malt Glenmorangie.

Hey spryte, how you holding up on shirt.woot psychologically? Seems you've been put through the ringer as of late. Apparently your design survived...

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Mmm... single malt Glenmorangie.

Hey spryte, how you holding up on shirt.woot psychologically? Seems you've been put through the ringer as of late. Apparently your design survived...

How am I holding up? I'm not too worried about it. Believers will believe and other won't. If I ever want to win I'm going to have to deal with it then too. And if I ever want to have a daily printed I'm going to have to deal with the people talking about how it's the worst shirt they've ever seen, yadda yadda. Call it practice. ^_~

Thanks for asking though. ^_^ And yeah, I figure they'd have rejected it after all that if it was going to be. Maybe not, but I suspect it would've been.

And congrats on the win. I'm stll deciding if I want it or not. This is good for you because if I can't decide it means I'll be buying after the first day. ^_~

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I wouldn't have though it possible, but the people on shirt are actually nastier than the photoshop people ever got with each other!
You guys should all hang out here. The people here are civil.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

JadenKale

superspryte wrote:Battered shrimp, garlic mashed potatoes, cole slaw.

scary... take away the coleslaw and that's what the hubby and I had last night.

JadenKale

superspryte wrote:PS - Did I mention I love the Garlic Gaelic shirt? If I were Irish or my boyfriend was I'd buy it. From the way I love my Irish booze you'd think I was, heh.

^_^ I'm glad a few people like it.... I was seriously hoping it would get a warm reception around here.

SkekTek

superspryte wrote:How am I holding up? I'm not too worried about it. Believers will believe and other won't. If I ever want to win I'm going to have to deal with it then too. And if I ever want to have a daily printed I'm going to have to deal with the people talking about how it's the worst shirt they've ever seen, yadda yadda. Call it practice. ^_~

Thanks for asking though. ^_^ And yeah, I figure they'd have rejected it after all that if it was going to be. Maybe not, but I suspect it would've been.

And congrats on the win. I'm stll deciding if I want it or not. This is good for you because if I can't decide it means I'll be buying after the first day. ^_~

Trust me, I know how it feels... if you were around for the Celebrate the day contest, I was the poor sap who submitted the Feb 30th -1 design that got vilified by many people, but somehow almost came in second or third. In your case, the funny thing is that if it was you that took the picture (hundreds of people probably did at the time), this whole argument would be mostly moot.

Thanks for the congrats, but I haven't won yet! The post-it design is making a serious last day push... my design is cute, and isn't everyone's cup of tea. So it goes. But anyone who knows me knows it fits- I have a webcam on my goldfish tank...

JadenKale

dontwantaname wrote:I wouldn't have though it possible, but the people on shirt are actually nastier than the photoshop people ever got with each other!

I think it's harder to deal with it here because 90% of the time we're dealing with people who either make it to the top with poorly executed designs, or they're out right stealing. I wubble it when people call my work childish all the time... I work hard on it, I'm doing different applications... I'd at least like to think I'm expanding my horizon.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:I wouldn't have though it possible, but the people on shirt are actually nastier than the photoshop people ever got with each other!

I would've done the chop this weekend (was it the movie posters?) but didn't have time. Nor ideas.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

JadenKale wrote:scary... take away the coleslaw and that's what the hubby and I had last night.

I am psychic (psycho?).

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Trust me, I know how it feels... if you were around for the Celebrate the day contest, I was the poor sap who submitted the Feb 30th -1 design that got vilified by many people, but somehow almost came in second or third. In your case, the funny thing is that if it was you that took the picture (hundreds of people probably did at the time), this whole argument would be mostly moot.

Thanks for the congrats, but I haven't won yet! The post-it design is making a serious last day push... my design is cute, and isn't everyone's cup of tea. So it goes. But anyone who knows me knows it fits- I have a webcam on my goldfish tank...

I was not around then. Actually, it's something I bookmarked from StumbleUpon because I thought it was pretty, so all the source stuff was beyond me. No idea. Doesn't really matter anymore. I'm not getting a top 10 either. -_-

JadenKale

superspryte wrote:I would've done the chop this weekend (was it the movie posters?) but didn't have time. Nor ideas.

posters was last week... I did one for that.

this week was valentines inspired.... I passed on that one this week because I couldn't get my chop to work.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

JadenKale wrote:posters was last week... I did one for that.

this week was valentines inspired.... I passed on that one this week because I couldn't get my chop to work.

Oh yeah, a woot gone valentine's. Right. Probably to help them thing of things to say for what could be tomorrow...maybe... Although if I get in trouble for that the staff should get in trouble too; they said it...almost first. ^_~

Speaking of holidays, I want a paczki. Never got one. *grabs some change to get one later*

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
SkekTek wrote:Trust me, I know how it feels... if you were around for the Celebrate the day contest, I was the poor sap who submitted the Feb 30th -1 design that got vilified by many people, but somehow almost came in second or third. In your case, the funny thing is that if it was you that took the picture (hundreds of people probably did at the time), this whole argument would be mostly moot.

man skek your the only one who fully knows what i been dealing with this derby... it's rough

spryte's a close second

Please check it out

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
superspryte wrote:
Speaking of holidays, I want a paczki. Never got one. *grabs some change to get one later*

Interesting...

In Hamtramck, an enclave in Detroit,there is an annual Paczki-Day (cherubic Tuesday) Parade, and lines at bakeries can be seen up to 24 hours before the deep-fried delights go on sale Tuesday morning. Many bars in town open early in the morning, and provide free entertainment, a party atmosphere, Paczki-clad mascots, and at at least one bar, Pączki filled with Jagermeister.

(from wikipedia)

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:(from wikipedia)

Yep. I'm from Michigan. Never went to the Hamtramck stuf though. For anyone wondering how to say it... Ham-tram-ic.

PS - I was incorrect. Paczki is plural. I forget how to spell it singularly.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Bryan818 wrote:man skek your the only one who fully knows what i been dealing with this derby... it's rough

spryte's a close second

Hey check your PM's again.

SkekTek

superspryte wrote:I was not around then. Actually, it's something I bookmarked from StumbleUpon because I thought it was pretty, so all the source stuff was beyond me. No idea. Doesn't really matter anymore. I'm not getting a top 10 either. -_-

I am going to get it printed now that it's free from Woot's control (despite it was 4-5 votes from second, they decided to pass on it for the best of the losers contest). Just got to get around to setting up a Spreadshirt account. Need to do it quick to get in on the Feb 29th feasting.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:I am going to get it printed now that it's free from Woot's control (despite it was 4-5 votes from second, they decided to pass on it for the best of the losers contest). Just got to get around to setting up a Spreadshirt account. Need to do it quick to get in on the Feb 29th feasting.

Good plan.

...why do I have a doppleganger now?

Shirter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shirter
superspryte wrote:Good plan.

...why do I have a doppleganger now?

Because you're loved.....

<Insert witticism or obnoxious image here...>

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Bryan818 wrote:man skek your the only one who fully knows what i been dealing with this derby... it's rough

spryte's a close second

I like the shirt. If rats could see better, it would drive Splinter crazy. He loves those pockets. Head out one end, tail out the other.
Odds are good I'll buy it.
But...
I wasn't voting for it because I didn't want to knock pocketfish out of the fog.
But....
Now I went back to read the comments on the shirt and people (person who's name starts with b) were going out of their way to be nasty about the shirt (which is why I don't mod shirt). Why? Because people like it? The idea is simple and cute? Because when artist get nasty, they get really nasty?

So
I just voted for it. If you take 3rd and the fish is 4th by just a few votes, I'll be really mad!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:I like the shirt. If rats could see better, it would drive Splinter crazy. He loves those pockets. Head out one end, tail out the other.
Odds are good I'll buy it.
But...
I wasn't voting for it because I didn't want to knock pocketfish out of the fog.
But....
Now I went back to read the comments on the shirt and people (person who's name starts with b) were going out of their way to be nasty about the shirt (which is why I don't mod shirt). Why? Because people like it? The idea is simple and cute? Because when artist get nasty, they get really nasty?

So
I just voted for it. If you take 3rd and the fish is 4th by just a few votes, I'll be really mad!

While you're at it you wanna pass on some stuff from what's going on in the entry comments section to probationland? We're feeling a bit helpless here.

SkekTek

I avoided it by avoiding the shirt boards. Can't get peeved or react badly to what someone said if you never read it. Plus I bet ignoring it made all the haters lose their minds.

Bryan, PM

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Come on guys, we need some happy.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
superspryte wrote:Come on guys, we need some happy.

Spryte - nobody should have to deal with what you've been dealing with this week. Sorry those peoples are such buttheads.

Okay, you said happy... here's some happy. Uh, the cookie-mom for my daughters girl scout troop lost my $500 cookie check. She just called me and told me she found it, so I don't have to worry about someone stealing $500 from me. Sorry, wish I had something happier, but that's all I gots right now.

SkekTek

superspryte wrote:Come on guys, we need some happy.

I got tenure a few weeks ago! Job for life, woohoo!

krapposelli

SkekTek wrote:I got tenure a few weeks ago! Job for life, woohoo!

Oh yeah, that's right - I remember the fun you had with writing that paper. Did you ever post that your got approved/accepted/promoted (whatever the correct term would be) and I just missed it?

Many Congrats.

SkekTek

krapposelli wrote:Oh yeah, that's right - I remember the fun you had with writing that paper. Did you ever post that your got approved/accepted/promoted (whatever the correct term would be) and I just missed it?

Many Congrats.

My departmental committee gave me 3 thumbs up for promotion to Associate Professor. Waiting to hear from the college committee. Then it goes to the dean, then the provost, then the president/board of trustees. If the college gives it a go, I should be clear sailing the rest of the way. Prolly won't hear back from all levels until May.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:Spryte - nobody should have to deal with what you've been dealing with this week. Sorry those peoples are such buttheads.

Okay, you said happy... here's some happy. Uh, the cookie-mom for my daughters girl scout troop lost my $500 cookie check. She just called me and told me she found it, so I don't have to worry about someone stealing $500 from me. Sorry, wish I had something happier, but that's all I gots right now.

Hey that's happy. Wanna send me a box of Caramel De-Lites to celebrate? I think most councils call them Samoas. Gotta go by what *my* council did though, ya know? ^_~

PS - Oh yeah, and more importantly, thanks for the support. If I get 15 more votes I can probably finish in the top 10, lulz.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:I got tenure a few weeks ago! Job for life, woohoo!

I obviously know what tenure is, but from what I'm seeing from krappo (is there a better way you want me to shorten your name?) there's a lot involved in that. What'd they make you do? ^_^

krapposelli

superspryte wrote:Hey that's happy. Wanna send me a box of Caramel De-Lites to celebrate? I think most councils call them Samoas. Gotta go by what *my* council did though, ya know? ^_~

PS - Oh yeah, and more importantly, thanks for the support. If I get 15 more votes I can probably finish in the top 10, lulz.

The box of Somoas that we have here is my husbands and I don't think he'd take it very well if it went missing. He's lucky he didn't want me to save a box of the Thin Mints because those have no chance of surviving long enough for him to get any.

You got my vote a long time ago, so I can't help you anymore in that department. Sorry.

krapposelli

superspryte wrote:I obviously know what tenure is, but from what I'm seeing from krappo (is there a better way you want me to shorten your name?) there's a lot involved in that. What'd they make you do? ^_^

L O L. Usually it gets shortened to krappy, but krappo is a good one. I think the PWA'ers settled with 'selli.

krapposelli

SkekTek wrote:My departmental committee gave me 3 thumbs up for promotion to Associate Professor. Waiting to hear from the college committee. Then it goes to the dean, then the provost, then the president/board of trustees. If the college gives it a go, I should be clear sailing the rest of the way. Prolly won't hear back from all levels until May.

Okay, I do remember you saying that now. I just thought you had gotten the final, final, final approvals and all the paperwork stuff had been pushed through. Nevertheless, congrats again.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:The box of Somoas that we have here is my husbands and I don't think he'd take it very well if it went missing. He's lucky he didn't want me to save a box of the Thin Mints because those have no chance of surviving long enough for him to get any.

You got my vote a long time ago, so I can't help you anymore in that department. Sorry.

That was general thing, not a beg for votes from you, *giggles*. I quit begging for votes. If the wine.wooters feel bad for me they might. ^_^