SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
krapposelli wrote:Huh. Never looked at the bottom of the mouse before... *scrapes stuff off*... ewwwww!!! That is gross.

As my 5-year old loves telling me, "toll-dja..."

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
SkekTek wrote:Yeah, it's a bit scraggly. I didn't sleep well due to a vicious combination of an impending exam, lab, shirt.woot and illness. So I got excuses galore.

Ok, shirt.woot locked the voting box. Now we wait.

Someone SMACK me... I might win!

Congrats, Skek. Now go shave.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

krapposelli wrote:Huh. Never looked at the bottom of the mouse before... *scrapes stuff off*... ewwwww!!! That is gross.

If your mouse has a ball, you need to periodically take off the little escape hatch on the bottom and clean the wheels & the ball itself.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

krapposelli

daj59 wrote:If your mouse has a ball, you need to periodically take off the little escape hatch on the bottom and clean the wheels & the ball itself.

Yup, knew about that one. Hadn't done it in a while and got some gunk out of there too.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
SkekTek wrote:Yeah, it's a bit scraggly. I didn't sleep well due to a vicious combination of an impending exam, lab, shirt.woot and illness. So I got excuses galore.

Ok, shirt.woot locked the voting box. Now we wait.

Someone SMACK me... I might win!

where's daj when you need her?

SkekTek

cruzer wrote:where's daj when you need her?

And where'd terri go for three months?

SkekTek

krapposelli wrote:Congrats, Skek. Now go shave.

Not until 1 AM...

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:where's daj when you need her?

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

terrimeyers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers
SkekTek wrote:And where'd terri go for three months?

1st bahamas then to the parents because we were stuck in a bathroom remodeling nightmare. Have a few great stories i could tell about that. Kitchen Remodel begins tomorrow. We are finally back home now and school has started back up for the spring semester. I am a student and also work at the school, so no home+no school=no DSL= very little woot.

Thanks SS for my new togs!

SkekTek

terrimeyers wrote:1st bahamas then to the parents because we were stuck in a bathroom remodeling nightmare. Have a few great stories i could tell about that. Kitchen Remodel begins tomorrow. We are finally back home now and school has started back up for the spring semester. I am a student and also work at the school, so no home+no school=no DSL= very little woot.

Did you have a film crew for the remodel? The funniest thing about remodeling nightmares is the photo journal of it as it's happening. Hopefully a happy ending!

LOL... I remember a time when 14.4 modems were cutting edge technology.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
daj59 wrote:

Daj, I don't remember if I told you that I really like your cat. Poor Cruzer is going to be black and blue tomorrow. That top smilie is whaling the cr*p out of him!

joyner

SkekTek wrote:Did you have a film crew for the remodel? The funniest thing about remodeling nightmares is the photo journal of it as it's happening. Hopefully a happy ending!

You are old, like me!! I think our first modem was 3xx. I can't remember exactly. That was back in the Radio Shack days. I had to reprogram the keyboard on a radio shack computer to do all the funny symbols we needed for an OCLC project. It would take me forever to get to the record I needed and someone would trip over my phone cord or something like that. The good old days were not really that good.

joyner

terrimeyers wrote:1st bahamas then to the parents because we were stuck in a bathroom remodeling nightmare. Have a few great stories i could tell about that. Kitchen Remodel begins tomorrow. We are finally back home now and school has started back up for the spring semester. I am a student and also work at the school, so no home+no school=no DSL= very little woot.

What did you do with the sweet little puppies while you were TDY (I learned that from AZ)

SkekTek

joyner wrote:You are old, like me!! I think our first modem was 3xx. I can't remember exactly. That was back in the Radio Shack days. I had to reprogram the keyboard on a radio shack computer to do all the funny symbols we needed for an OCLC project. It would take me forever to get to the record I needed and someone would trip over my phone cord or something like that. The good old days were not really that good.

Yes, I'm that old. We never had the 300 baud modems- those were the ones that you put the phone handset ON the modem. But I was the proud owner of a TRS-80 Model I, III, and Apple II+ then IIe, then PC XL

krapposelli

joyner wrote:You are old, like me!! I think our first modem was 3xx. I can't remember exactly. That was back in the Radio Shack days. I had to reprogram the keyboard on a radio shack computer to do all the funny symbols we needed for an OCLC project. It would take me forever to get to the record I needed and someone would trip over my phone cord or something like that. The good old days were not really that good.

I don't know what it was called, but I remember our first modem was one where you had to put the handset of the telephone into the squishy earphone thingies. I also remember having 8" floppy disks. Yeah, that last sentence is probably going to get quoted elsewhere...

terrimeyers

joyner wrote:What did you do with the sweet little puppies while you were TDY (I learned that from AZ)

pet nanny. she kept an eye on the house and took care of the puppies. I got a student to do it. only had to pay $350 for 12 days. would have cost twice that to kennel all 4 of them.

joyner

SkekTek wrote:Yes, I'm that old. We never had the 300 baud modems- those were the ones that you put the phone handset ON the modem. But I was the proud owner of a TRS-80 Model I, III, and Apple II+ then IIe, then PC XL

Maybe they weren't 300 because We didn't have to put the handset on the modem. What came after 300?

terrimeyers

SkekTek wrote:Did you have a film crew for the remodel? The funniest thing about remodeling nightmares is the photo journal of it as it's happening. Hopefully a happy ending!

still not finished 7 1/2 weeks later. did get a whirlpool tub though

joyner

krapposelli wrote:I don't know what it was called, but I remember our first modem was one where you had to put the handset of the telephone into the squishy earphone thingies. I also remember having 8" floppy disks. Yeah, that last sentence is probably going to get quoted elsewhere...

We had big floppy disks, too!

cruzer

daj59 wrote:smack smack smack

Too bad I can't see your smacks.

Your smacks have been blocked.

SkekTek

joyner wrote:We had big floppy disks, too!

<insert typical comment that follows that>

I never used the large discs, but still have stuff on the smaller two formats. Of course, I don't have drives for the 5 1/4"s, but I can't bring myself to throw them out. They got my first two short stories on them!

cruzer

SkekTek wrote:<insert typical comment that follows that>

I never used the large discs, but still have stuff on the smaller two formats. Of course, I don't have drives for the 5 1/4"s, but I can't bring myself to throw them out. They got my first two short stories on them!

must have been really short to fit two of em on 5.25" disks.

joyner

See you tomorrow peeps, HVD!

SkekTek

cruzer wrote:must have been really short to fit two of em on 5.25" disks.

Actually, they weren't. They were written in Word 5.1, and the file size was real small for those documents...

cruzer

SkekTek wrote:Actually, they weren't. They were written in Word 5.1, and the file size was real small for those documents...

back when size made a difference. I wonder what that was like...

terrimeyers

cruzer wrote:back when size made a difference. I wonder what that was like...

size always makes a difference. we just tell you it doesnt to spare you egos.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
terrimeyers wrote:size always makes a difference. we just tell you it doesnt to spare you egos.

Shhhhh, you're not supposed to tell them that.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

cruzer

terrimeyers wrote:size always makes a difference. we just tell you it doesnt to spare you egos.

it seems that there is so much more "storage" that it doesn't matter how big it actually is. There will be room for more.

SkekTek

cruzer wrote:it seems that there is so much more "storage" that it doesn't matter how big it actually is. There will be room for more.

So there's the great debate: capacity versus file size.

EDIT: Ooo! There's a new Weebl and Bob toon!

EDIT 2: Not for work viewing!!! My eyes, my eyes!!!!

cruzer

pooflady wrote:Shhhhh, you're not supposed to tell them that.

Poof! You of all people should know that it isn't about quantity, it is about quality.

SkekTek

Well folks, I'm off to enjoy what's left of heart day. Have a good time!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon. folks

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

cruzer wrote:Poof! You of all people should know that it isn't about quantity, it is about quality.

I of all people?

terrimeyers

cruzer wrote:Poof! You of all people should know that it isn't about quantity, it is about quality.

Hmmmm curious. something we don't know about here?

ThunderThighs

Staff

joyner wrote:Daj, I don't remember if I told you that I really like your cat. Poor Cruzer is going to be black and blue tomorrow. That top smilie is whaling the cr*p out of him!

I thought that cat was pretty darn cool when I found it. It's hypnotizing.

Cruzer can take it.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Yes, I'm that old. We never had the 300 baud modems- those were the ones that you put the phone handset ON the modem. But I was the proud owner of a TRS-80 Model I, III, and Apple II+ then IIe, then PC XL

Oooooh, you might have seen some of my TRS-80 documentation or talked to me on the phone if you called customer service.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:must have been really short to fit two of em on 5.25" disks.

We had customers calling asking how they were supposed to fit the 8" disks in the 5" slots. Sheesh.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I of all people?

Yeah Poof. What's he getting at there? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

daj59 wrote:Yeah Poof. What's he getting at there? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Beats me.

I got candy and flowers today, which was very nice, but he'll never top last year.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Beats me.

I got candy and flowers today, which was very nice, but he'll never top last year.

Well, don't stop there. What did he do last year?

FORUM MODERATOR