ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I personally love beards on men but I must agree with the others. It makes your face look too long.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Clean shaven is better than the beard.
I think the middle is best.

You better run and hide from me. Son is calling multiple times a day with grad school stuff and you are the only guy I know in the field.

I have been known to abuse my woot relationships....ask uncorked. I may have driven him nuts last year!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
dontwantaname wrote:Clean shaven is better than the beard.

You better run and hide from me. Son is calling multiple times a day with grad school stuff and you are the only guy I know in the field.

I have been known to abuse my woot relationships....ask uncorked. I may have driven him nuts last year!

Wife thought I looked like a serial killer with the 'stache. The scariest thing about the beard were the gray hairs that were on the sides of my chin. I'm gettin' old!

As I have said before, feel free to PM with grad school questions...

EDIT: Found another replacement: killer = Cupid's arrow has struck!

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
SkekTek wrote:Wife thought I looked like a serial killer with the 'stache. The scariest thing about the beard were the gray hairs that were on the sides of my chin. I'm gettin' old!

As I have said before, feel free to PM with grad school questions...

EDIT: Found another replacement: killer = Cupid's arrow has struck!

I take it either you were either a) decided to shave it off because it's Valentine's Day and you wanted to give your wife a special gift, b) you're confident that your shirt has placed high enough to get printed and figured that you'd go ahead and pay up your bet or c) you've been e-mailed that you won and you were just getting the shaving done ahead of time so you can jump with joy at 1am when you click the big orange button.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
dontwantaname wrote:Clean shaven is better than the beard.

Are you going to be on AIM tonight?

Still single, can't imagine why.

SkekTek

krapposelli wrote:I take it either you were either a) decided to shave it off because it's Valentine's Day and you wanted to give your wife a special gift, b) you're confident that your shirt has placed high enough to get printed and figured that you'd go ahead and pay up your bet or c) you've been e-mailed that you won and you were just getting the shaving done ahead of time so you can jump with joy at 1am when you click the big orange button.

The short answer is definitely A, possibly B, and no to C. I'm still feeling sick, so I figured I get it out of the way.

I assume they're trying to make me sweat it out as well by not telling me. As of now, I'm sketchy on the details as to what's going to happen (what I'll get from woot) anyways.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
SkekTek wrote:Okay, it's done...

Before the shave:
Wife is pleased...

Ok, Now that I have the photos saved, why are you wearing 3 diff shirts?

Still single, can't imagine why.

SkekTek

FenStar wrote:Ok, Now that I have the photos saved, why are you wearing 3 diff shirts?

Uh oh, I'm gonna end up on chops now, aren't I? :O

No, I don't habitually wear 3 shirts a day.

The before is my shirt I wore today to work. But I didn't want to get it all cluttered with hairs, so I took it off, leaving my white t-shirt underneath. Second pic was taken that way. Then, after the coarse shave with the shaver, jumped in the shower to finish it off with a razor. Hence switching into my night-night shirt (which happens to be the monkey woot shirt).

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

Okay, now I'm really heading to bed. G'night again folks.

SkekTek

krapposelli wrote:Okay, now I'm really heading to bed. G'night again folks.

G'night...

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:G'night...

The fish cam is dark!!!!!!
What happened to the fish?????
Do you shut off the lights at night?????

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:The fish cam is dark!!!!!!
What happened to the fish?????
Do you shut off the lights at night?????

The lights are on a timer. It goes on at around 6, and off around 10 or so. Fish need to sleep, too

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:Okay, now I'm really heading to bed. G'night again folks.

Night! See you in the morning!

'selli, not me. I'm still here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

Hi again!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

zea3 wrote:Hi again!

Hi!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

zea3

dontwantaname wrote:Hi!

So, what's new and exciting?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:Are you going to be on AIM tonight?

All right. I'll log on.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

zea3 wrote:So, what's new and exciting?

Other than it has been winter spring and fall all in less than a week....nothing.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
zea3 wrote:Hi again!

Hi, Zea.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

zea3

pooflady wrote:Hi, Zea.

Hi Poof! How are you this evening?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Oh my

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

SkekTek

ThunderThighs

Staff

Bedtime for me. Goodnight all. Happy Friday ....soon.

FORUM MODERATOR

zea3

daj59 wrote:Oh my

It seems to me a trip to the local bar would dredge up a solution to that little issue!

SkekTek

daj59 wrote:Bedtime for me. Goodnight all. Happy Friday ....soon.

Night!

pooflady

daj59 wrote:Bedtime for me. Goodnight all. Happy Friday ....soon.

Night, Daj?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

zea3 wrote:It seems to me a trip to the local bar would dredge up a solution to that little issue!

You'd think so, wouldn't you? Of course, there was no picture.

SkekTek

pooflady wrote:You'd think so, wouldn't you? Of course, there was no picture.

If so, that might explain the story a bit more...

Erp, waiting until 1 AM is gonna be hard. I might have the featured shirt tonight, and there's nothing in the rules that I read that says I get free shirts. So I'm poised to order three... and see if there's a wootoff... but wanna sleeeeeeep....

pooflady

SkekTek wrote:If so, that might explain the story a bit more...

Erp, waiting until 1 AM is gonna be hard. I might have the featured shirt tonight, and there's nothing in the rules that I read that says I get free shirts. So I'm poised to order three... and see if there's a wootoff... but wanna sleeeeeeep....

Lay off the Nyquil.

Although I'd take it if I wanted to stay up. I took it once and was awake most of the night. It's a "possible" side effect. I think they call it excitability or something like that.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
daj59 wrote:We had customers calling asking how they were supposed to fit the 8" disks in the 5" slots. Sheesh.

whoa! there used to be 8-inch disks?!?!

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

SkekTek

pooflady wrote:Lay off the Nyquil.

Although I'd take it if I wanted to stay up. I took it once and was awake most of the night. It's a "possible" side effect. I think they call it excitability or something like that.

Somewhere in the previous pages I documented my Nyquil experience from last night. Went to bed for 2 hours, then woke up dizzy, confused, and hallucinating. Not fun. I'll stick with regular alcohol.

SkekTek

jqubed wrote:whoa! there used to be 8-inch disks?!?!

Yep

jqubed

SkekTek wrote:Uh oh, I'm gonna end up on chops now, aren't I? :O

yeah, sorry... but probably not from fen (in spite of his perennial near-victories in dodgeball, when he doesn't enter)... but that's why we've learned to save those for PMs to people we extract no-chop promises from...

Fen's the bubba!

Skye — 1997-2007

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
SkekTek wrote: I'll stick with regular alcohol.

Agreed.

jqubed

SkekTek wrote:If so, that might explain the story a bit more...

i think we figured out one time that there's only been 1, maybe 2 woot-offs that started on a friday... they basically always start on thursday... but, they might always buck the trend

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

jqubed wrote:i think we figured out one time that there's only been 1, maybe 2 woot-offs that started on a friday... they basically always start on thursday... but, they might always buck the trend

I'm betting on a short one.

SkekTek

I got a nice present for V-day... a parakeet!

pooflady

SkekTek wrote:I got a nice present for V-day... a parakeet!

How neat. Did you want one or not discover you wanted one until you got it?

What'd you name it?

SkekTek

pooflady wrote:How neat. Did you want one or not discover you wanted one until you got it?

What'd you name it?

We had one up until a few years ago, when it passed on. We didn't get a replacement since we were attached to the old one. We've been talking about getting a pet for a while now, and when I came home, there she was. Haven't named her. Oldest son's job, and he couldn't come up with anything other than his own name. So we tabled it until tomorrow I personally like Sydney.

pooflady

SkekTek wrote:We had one up until a few years ago, when it passed on. We didn't get a replacement since we were attached to the old one. We've been talking about getting a pet for a while now, and when I came home, there she was. Haven't named her. Oldest son's job, and he couldn't come up with anything other than his own name. So we tabled it until tomorrow I personally like Sydney.

Color?