SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
pooflady wrote:Color?

Light blue. White spot on back of head and bottom of back. Pretty little think. Young too, so should be good to acclimate to us.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
SkekTek wrote:Light blue. White spot on back of head and bottom of back. Pretty little think. Young too, so should be good to acclimate to us.

Sings?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:We had one up until a few years ago, when it passed on. We didn't get a replacement since we were attached to the old one. We've been talking about getting a pet for a while now, and when I came home, there she was. Haven't named her. Oldest son's job, and he couldn't come up with anything other than his own name. So we tabled it until tomorrow I personally like Sydney.

How old is the oldest son?
What is wrong with his name?
Don't you want to totally confuse the bird by giving it the same name?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Light blue. White spot on back of head and bottom of back. Pretty little think. Young too, so should be good to acclimate to us.

Picture?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:How old is the oldest son?
What is wrong with his name?
Don't you want to totally confuse the bird by giving it the same name?

He's 5.
Nothing wrong with his name- but I don't want the confusion of calling one and have the other show up

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Picture?

Didn't get one yet. She's still a bit freaked out with her new surroundings. We figured we'd wait until she was more curious and alert and not in the bottom corner of the cage.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Didn't get one yet. She's still a bit freaked out with her new surroundings. We figured we'd wait until she was more curious and alert and not in the bottom corner of the cage.

Nothing like a new home, with little kids poking at your cage, to relax her!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:He's 5.
Nothing wrong with his name- but I don't want the confusion of calling one and have the other show up

Do you know how to clip wings , so she can come out?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

SkekTek wrote:Didn't get one yet. She's still a bit freaked out with her new surroundings. We figured we'd wait until she was more curious and alert and not in the bottom corner of the cage.

I just read that if you only have one, you need to have mirrors in the cage.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I just read that if you only have one, you need to have mirrors in the cage.

Well, if he needs two birds, there is still time to get another young bird from the same group.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

pooflady wrote:I just read that if you only have one, you need to have mirrors in the cage.

I haven't ever done that, mostly because if they become socialized with people early in life, then they don't need to have the mirror to simulate fellow birds. Older birds with less experience with people and more with other birds, yes.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

It is never going to be 1am

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
SkekTek wrote:Yep

well, thanks for that informative voyage through wikipedia

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:It is never going to be 1am

Right there with you... I'm wondering what the shirt folks wrote for the winning entry.

SkekTek

jqubed wrote:well, thanks for that informative voyage through wikipedia

That's 10 minutes you wont get back, right?

jqubed

SkekTek wrote:We had one up until a few years ago, when it passed on. We didn't get a replacement since we were attached to the old one. We've been talking about getting a pet for a while now, and when I came home, there she was. Haven't named her. Oldest son's job, and he couldn't come up with anything other than his own name. So we tabled it until tomorrow I personally like Sydney.

HAHAHAHA!!! well, i guess he doesn't have a self esteem problem.

who should I name the bird after? who's my favorite person? oh, I know, me!

Skye — 1997-2007

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

evening all baby got whatever the toddler had. At least I am not planning on accomplishing anything.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

jqubed

SkekTek wrote:That's 10 minutes you wont get back, right?

more like 45... i started soon after you posted it! i probably should've done some past-due german hw, but I think I'll head to bed... fading fast... I'll check back to see if a woot-off pops up, and see if you win

Skye — 1997-2007

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:evening all baby got whatever the toddler had. At least I am not planning on accomplishing anything.

Sorry to hear that. I think I got what Daj got, and I haven't even met her. Just did 2 shots of whiskey, which helped, so all I need to do is get to 1 AM, order my shirts, check for wootoff, and go to bed.

jqubed

KtCallista wrote:evening all baby got whatever the toddler had. At least I am not planning on accomplishing anything.

see? you're thinking smart!

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Sorry to hear that. I think I got what Daj got, and I haven't even met her. Just did 2 shots of whiskey, which helped, so all I need to do is get to 1 AM, order my shirts, check for wootoff, and go to bed.

So, I'm asking advice from a guy with a cold who is sort of drunk on top of that???

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Sorry to hear that. I think I got what Daj got, and I haven't even met her. Just did 2 shots of whiskey, which helped, so all I need to do is get to 1 AM, order my shirts, check for wootoff, and go to bed.

why check for a woot off if you are just going to bed?

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:So, I'm asking advice from a guy with a cold who is sort of drunk on top of that???

No, the whiskey hasn't hit yet. I *just* drank it. Works better than cold meds, but takes about 15 minutes to sink in.

KtCallista

jqubed wrote:see? you're thinking smart!

practical, I don't know if it counts as smart.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:why check for a woot off if you are just going to bed?

Because if there IS a wootoff, there's usually not much interesting for sale in the first few hours, and by that time my wife'll take over. EDIT: But I might try to stay up for a bit, and make sure I tell her WootOff when I go to bed.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:So, I'm asking advice from a guy with a cold who is sort of drunk on top of that???

Who still probably knows more about what you want to know than anyone else around.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:No, the whiskey hasn't hit yet. I *just* drank it. Works better than cold meds, but takes about 15 minutes to sink in.

My Mom swears by Brandy, only problem is if you overdose you have a sick drunk with a head cold.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Because if there IS a wootoff, there's usually not much interesting for sale in the first few hours, and by that time my wife'll take over. EDIT: But I might try to stay up for a bit, and make sure I tell her WootOff when I go to bed.

ahh

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:My Mom swears by Brandy, only problem is if you overdose you have a sick drunk with a head cold.

I'd better go find a credit card...

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Because if there IS a wootoff, there's usually not much interesting for sale in the first few hours, and by that time my wife'll take over. EDIT: But I might try to stay up for a bit, and make sure I tell her WootOff when I go to bed.

Your wife woots?
Tell her to join us!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jqubed

that's a nice system... you and orc do that KtC? i should see if my brother and I can arrange something like that...

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote: I'd better go find a credit card...

Find a credit card? Isn't if on file? You will never get crap that way!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Find a credit card? Isn't if on file? You will never get crap that way!

I just need to refresh my memory for the 4-digit security code

KtCallista

jqubed wrote:that's a nice system... you and orc do that KtC? i should see if my brother and I can arrange something like that...

to a point, depends on how much sleep everyone's got. Orc can't check at work, so it's my show during the day.

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Your wife woots?
Tell her to join us!

Yeah she woots! She's got her own group elsewhere "WootTangClan" or something like that. Actually she's got more woots than I do. Sometimes she logs onto my computer to order something, I forget, and post under her account name... I'll try to prod her on sometime.

SkekTek

Now I'm REALLY nervous!!!! :L f5... f5... f5... nothing yet.

SkekTek

SHAN BEAT ME....

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Yeah she woots! She's got her own group elsewhere "WootTangClan" or something like that. Actually she's got more woots than I do. Sometimes she logs onto my computer to order something, I forget, and post under her account name... I'll try to prod her on sometime.

where does this wootTangClan hang?

So are you going to sleep before tomorrow?

pooflady

SkekTek wrote:SHAN BEAT ME....

So sorry, Skek. I thought you had it wrapped up.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:where does this wootTangClan hang?

So are you going to sleep before tomorrow?

Woot off. I lost... so I'm wondering now if I even am getting printed.