Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
pooflady wrote:Just out of curiosity, has anyone every seen anyone else with a Woot shirt on? I mean, one of the ones that said Woot. Or if you've worn one, has anyone ever mentioned it to you?

I purchased several in a large size to sleep in. Never worn it outside of my home. Have never seen anyone in my town with one. Gave one to a friend and he is still laughing.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Gumiho wrote:Is that one step above freezing rain or no? I can never tell. Where are you at that you are getting such weather. I don't watch the news (except for their recent coverage of Anonymous' crusade against Church of $cientology), so I'm not sure how widespread this bad weather is. I've got it here.

Near NYC
It is the first real winter weather of the winter.
We are all acting like we never saw snow in our lives. Tons of accidents. A entire 3 inches.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Gumiho wrote:The only ones I've ever seen were on the friend who introduced me to the site, so I don't think that counts.

No, doesn't count. I see tons, but they are all on my son and his friends. Guess that doesn't count either.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
dontwantaname wrote:Near NYC
It is the first real winter weather of the winter.
We are all acting like we never saw snow in our lives. Tons of accidents. A entire 3 inches.

(I sound like a broken record - I was up that way for a concert not too long ago - now I just need someone to be in Florida and I can repeat that line again, Ft. Lauderdale or Orlando areas)
We're acting a lot the same. Like I said, we don't do a good job with any roads that aren't huge primary highway roads, so we've had more than a couple of accidents. Although most people, it seems, did their utmost to stay home. We even had police out trying to persuade people to stay at home rather than risk it. We had something like 2-3 inches too.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:No, doesn't count. I see tons, but they are all on my son and his friends. Guess that doesn't count either.

You'd think with the thousands of monkey woot shirts and the woot shirts that were out before that, that you'd see one somewhere.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Gumiho

pooflady wrote:You'd think with the thousands of monkey woot shirts and the woot shirts that were out before that, that you'd see one somewhere.

Maybe we aren't seeing them because it's winter and everyone is all bundled up. Pehaps when spring hits there shall be an explosion of flowers and woot shirts. Maybe.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Just out of curiosity, has anyone every seen anyone else with a Woot shirt on? I mean, one of the ones that said Woot. Or if you've worn one, has anyone ever mentioned it to you?

I've had comments on my woot monkey shirt (it says woot). I think Orc has a coworker with the monkey shirt and he made a comment to him. I don't see them much, but I don't get out much either.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:I've had comments on my woot monkey shirt (it says woot). I think Orc has a coworker with the launch shirt and he made a comment to him. I don't see them much, but I don't get out much either.

Comments from people who knew what Woot was or just on the strange shirt?

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
Gumiho wrote:Is that one step above freezing rain or no? I can never tell. Where are you at that you are getting such weather. I don't watch the news (except for their recent coverage of Anonymous' crusade against Church of $cientology), so I'm not sure how widespread this bad weather is. I've got it here.

What is this about Scientology?

Still single, can't imagine why.

Gumiho

FenStar wrote:What is this about Scientology?

The internet collective Anonymous declared war on Scientology (or Co$ as they call it) based on some shady copyright policies and leaked handbooks. They staged protests across the world on the 10th. It was on various news sources. I happened to see it on the TV a few weeks back when war was first declared and watched some coverage on the day it happened.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I'm all wooted out for the night.
See you all tomorrow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Gumiho

dontwantaname wrote:I'm all wooted out for the night.
See you all tomorrow.

G'nite. I'm on the way out myself.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Comments from people who knew what Woot was or just on the strange shirt?

Knew woot. Orc says he sees woot boxes a lot when he installs internet in people's homes. Granted it's typically college students places, but they are not uncommon here.

KtCallista

Gumiho wrote:The internet collective Anonymous declared war on Scientology (or Co$ as they call it) based on some shady copyright policies and leaked handbooks. They staged protests across the world on the 10th. It was on various news sources. I happened to see it on the TV a few weeks back when war was first declared and watched some coverage on the day it happened.

Interesting, I missed this! Thanks for sharing. Thank you Fen for asking.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:I'm all wooted out for the night.
See you all tomorrow.

Goodnight!

Goodnight Gumiho!

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Knew woot. Orc says he sees woot boxes a lot when he installs internet in people's homes. Granted it's typically college students places, but they are not uncommon here.

I've never met anyone else who even knew about Woot, other than people that I've told.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:I've never met anyone else who even knew about Woot, other than people that I've told.

I met a guy in town, and someone in the next town over on the B O C thread for the first B O C I got. One of the guys turned out to be a different coworker of Orc and live right around the corner, met him IRL at a company party later.

KtCallista

Baby is tired, goodnight for now (actually you will probably go to bed before I get back).

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Night all. Tomorrow.

Goodnight everyone!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

I've seen the chimp cigar one, and cool breeze, both in Philly.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:I've seen the chimp cigar one, and cool breeze, both in Philly.

Neat! Okay I really need to go to bed, but I couldn't sleep, so I looked up an ex-boyfriend online and e-mailed him. It'll probably bounce or go to a spam filter. . . ohh well. Thing is, we were really good friends, and then I moved North and he moved East and we lost contact with each other. I guess it happens. Okay bed. . .

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:Neat! Okay I really need to go to bed, but I couldn't sleep, so I looked up an ex-boyfriend online and e-mailed him. It'll probably bounce or go to a spam filter. . . ohh well. Thing is, we were really good friends, and then I moved North and he moved East and we lost contact with each other. I guess it happens. Okay bed. . .

night... I gotta take more drugs and try to get BACK to bed.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:night... I gotta take more drugs and try to get BACK to bed.

I hope you have some luck with that. I am not feeling tired, and I know I NEED to sleep.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:I hope you have some luck with that. I am not feeling tired, and I know I NEED to sleep.

Not helping that I'm watching MST3k shorts on YouTube....

like this and the sequel

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks

Morning GMan, now I KNOW I have to go to bed. Still, have a good day! Maybe I will see you in the afternoon.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
KtCallista wrote:Morning GMan, now I KNOW I have to go to bed. Still, have a good day! Maybe I will see you in the afternoon.

HiByeCya!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

Good morning. Ya'll were chatty last night! Our local roads are basically a sheet of ice, so I'm working from home for a bit this morning. Wish I could stay here all day, but I wasn't smart enough to bring work home with me.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

hi people. Totally Wednesday!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

morning y'all. 2 hour delay on school, so kids are wandering around, not yet fighting.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody, rain here.

SkekTek

Morning, fellow space travelers. Rain here, and lots of it. About 45 degrees. Fish feeding time on the ol' webcam.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

//cough

Howdy Peoples. 31 now; 61 later. Sunny. I went to bed early but son woke up twice and came downstairs ready for school. First at 2:00 and then again at 3:30. Maisy barks; I'm awake. Goofball.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SkekTek

daj59 wrote://cough

Howdy Peoples. 31 now; 61 later. Sunny. I went to bed early but son woke up twice and came downstairs ready for school. First at 2:00 and then again at 3:30. Maisy barks; I'm awake. Goofball.

I had both a 2 year old and 5 year old pig pile me at 7. needless to say I got up.

krapposelli

SkekTek wrote:I had both a 2 year old and 5 year old pig pile me at 7. needless to say I got up.

Feeling better? Did you watch BB last night?

SkekTek

krapposelli wrote:Feeling better? Did you watch BB last night?

EDIT: lot better, but did have a few runs to the john in the middle of the night. Thankfully false alarms.

No, but DVR'ed it. There was a LOT of tv last night... "We" watched Am Idol (wife did, I was running a pre-exam internet chat with my class), which bored me since all the bad ones were gone. Sigh.

EDIT: I think I passed a posting milestone last night, and noone noticed

krapposelli

SkekTek wrote:EDIT: lot better, but did have a few runs to the john in the middle of the night. Thankfully false alarms.

No, but DVR'ed it. There was a LOT of tv last night... "We" watched Am Idol (wife did, I was running a pre-exam internet chat with my class), which bored me since all the bad ones were gone. Sigh.

There was a lot on last night - Biggest Loser, Amer Idol and BB. I missed Loser, saw parts of AI - including the part where Toon's sister got cut. I thought her last song sounded good, but I knew she wasn't in the top 24 (32?) due to internet spoilers but I was still hoping she'd make the next round of auditions.

Well you'd better hurry up and watch BB, cuz it's on again tonight (and Thurs too, I believe). There are quite a few "characters" on this season and a few I'm already rooting for to get the boot.

krapposelli

SkekTek wrote:
EDIT: I think I passed a posting milestone last night, and noone noticed

Sorry Skek - I was too busy trying to steal LP in PWA from pbl. Congratulations. I don't have access to all the smileys on this computer, so imagine the following...

fireworks shooting into the sky

happy faces dancing in joy

balloons and confetti

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:EDIT: I think I passed a posting milestone last night, and noone noticed

I don't watch post numbers. I always congratulate after someone else says something so....

CONGRATULATIONS SKEK!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders