joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
krapposelli wrote:Morning. I'll fix those suckers. I'm working from home today. I might have to go in later as I don't know if I brought enough stuff home, but I'll at least be around for a few hours.

Not trying to tell you how to circumvent the filters but the kids in the computer labs know every trick in the book. Proxy servers, scripts that disable them, if you really want to get in ask a middle school student. I block my space and they have spent hours working around the filters. If we could harness that energy and get them doing productive work they could get in any college in the country.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
daj59 wrote:Morning everyone! First time I've been able to catch a breath since I walked in this morning.

//smack

cruzer

joyner wrote:Not trying to tell you how to circumvent the filters but the kids in the computer labs know every trick in the book. Proxy servers, scripts that disable them, if you really want to get in ask a middle school student. I block my space and they have spent hours working around the filters. If we could harness that energy and get them doing productive work they could get in any college in the country.

dang kids! They are smarter than the people making the proxy! Unfortunately, we have those same people making up the security settings that we are required to use. They don't realize that it is going to stop productivity. Then the big bosses are going to wonder why their "do more with less" mentality isn't working. Not that it worked in the first place, it will just be getting worse.

</end rant>

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Morning all. I'm sorry I missed the ice cream...

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote://smack

You two have gotten very strange.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Morning all. I'm sorry I missed the ice cream...

Green tea. It was good.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

cruzer

dontwantaname wrote:You two have gotten very strange.

she deserves it. She's mean to people.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
joyner wrote:Not trying to tell you how to circumvent the filters but the kids in the computer labs know every trick in the book. Proxy servers, scripts that disable them, if you really want to get in ask a middle school student. I block my space and they have spent hours working around the filters. If we could harness that energy and get them doing productive work they could get in any college in the country.

I could probably figure out a way to get around them, but I kinda need my job.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:she deserves it. She's mean to people.

But she knows how to explain stuff better than you!

//runs

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

You blocked myspace from 6th graders???? Are you trying to kill them???
What's next? Take away their text messaging?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

krapposelli wrote:I could probably figure out a way to get around them, but I kinda need my job.

Isn't that a pain!

joyner

dontwantaname wrote:You blocked myspace from 6th graders???? Are you trying to kill them???
What's next? Take away their text messaging?

Yes, indeedy. And I'm glad I did! I would like to block all social networking sites. Get this...you are really going to think I'm mean. I block chat!

Seriously, the liability of these kids on those sites scare me to death. We supposed to keep the little darlings safe.

krapposelli

joyner wrote:Isn't that a pain!

I just told the husband to pick up 2 Mega-Millions tickets when he picks the son up at school. A girl can dream...

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:I just told the husband to pick up 2 Mega-Millions tickets when he picks the son up at school. A girl can dream...

I'm always amazed at how little money you get out of those big payouts.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Green tea. It was good.

Currently having puerrh tea with honey in the attempt to keep me from sticking a fork down my throat and digging out my larynx. I sound like a guy with a electronic vox-box.

EDIT: Looks like my fishies are gonna get reckoned right after they come out. I'm ranked 24/27, and I need to sell down to 20 to keep it. Man!!!

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
SkekTek wrote:Currently having puerrh tea with honey in the attempt to keep me from sticking a fork down my throat and digging out my larynx. I sound like a guy with a electronic vox-box.

EDIT: Looks like my fishies are gonna get reckoned right after they come out. I'm ranked 24/27, and I need to sell down to 20 to keep it. Man!!!

I hit reply to see if puerrh was some foltered word. Alas, it wasn't.

krapposelli

dontwantaname wrote:I'm always amazed at how little money you get out of those big payouts.

Yeah, that part vacuums. But that "little money" is more than I have now. Just enough so I don't have work is all I need....

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:I hit reply to see if puerrh was some foltered word. Alas, it wasn't.

Pu-er tea

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:Yes, indeedy. And I'm glad I did! I would like to block all social networking sites. Get this...you are really going to think I'm mean. I block chat!

Seriously, the liability of these kids on those sites scare me to death. We supposed to keep the little darlings safe.

My kids missed it. It got big when they were in HS.
We all had the same email address for years! I can still check the away message of kids they knew in 5th grade.

But, on vacation, the pre schoolers were on the computer in the lobby all the time.
Webkins. I don;'t know what they were doing. Two of them couldn't even read yet.
That can't be good.

Now, because of Zilla, I have a facebook account. I now know that one niece drinks every weekend. Well, she is in college, but her sister does too, and she is under 18.

They all wised up and don't put any drug stuff on anymore. Some of that is if the college sees a picture and can identify the campus, they come after you.
But they still post stuff.
Like there was a field trip when all the kids who stayed in NYC or home for school drive up to Binghamton (there are 6 of them up in the one school, so it is a good choice to meet up)
They seem to have found a bee hive.
They got a stick. A very long stick...then they poked the hive and watched the bees get mad.
Luckly they stopped before the hive fell or the bees found them.
Stupid boys!
Getting stung by one bee is not the same as getting stung by the whole hive!
But, school smarts doesn't seem to translate into real world smart.
Especially when you film it and put it online for your mom to see!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Pu-er tea

Traditional Chinese: 普洱茶
Simplified Chinese: 普洱茶

Someone messed that up. The simplified is exactly the same. Unless it was just a big ploy to keep the kids in Chinese school on the weekend.
"Oh, don't worry, you can learn to write the simplified. It isn't as hard."

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Currently having puerrh tea with honey in the attempt to keep me from sticking a fork down my throat and digging out my larynx. I sound like a guy with a electronic vox-box.

Nooooo, complain! I want to see my fish. I might order another after I see him.
That isn't right. They should have a few days after smart post delivers.
I'm going to see if he even left yet.

You did sell 1,500 the first night. That is a ton of shirts!

edit....no, I don't have a tracking # yet and it is at least a week after getting the number till you get the shirt.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

OK, done talking to myself here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

Got to go to a budget meeting. I have to be nice. Board members and county commissioners.

krapposelli

dontwantaname wrote:Nooooo, complain! I want to see my fish. I might order another after I see him.

edit....no, I don't have a tracking # yet and it is at least a week after getting the number till you get the shirt.

I don't have my tracking # yet either, but I just checked the FedEx site using my order number and it looks like I might not get my shirt today. There is a delivery exception - not sure if they are going to reattempt delivery or not. I wanted my fish - even if it isn't going to fit!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Nooooo, complain! I want to see my fish. I might order another after I see him.

I next-day'ed my three, so the second I get my shirts, I'll take a picture of them and post them HERE.

EDIT: It was promised on Tuesday, it is now tuesday. I haven't gotten an Fed Ex number yet, but I assumed it would get here TODAY...

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:I next-day'ed my three, so the second I get my shirts, I'll take a picture of them and post them HERE.

You should give your students bonus points for wearing your shirt to class. You'll also be able to easily see the "brown nosers" by advertising this plan as well.

krapposelli

SkekTek wrote:I next-day'ed my three, so the second I get my shirts, I'll take a picture of them and post them HERE.

EDIT: It was promised on Tuesday, it is now tuesday. I haven't gotten an Fed Ex number yet, but I assumed it would get here TODAY...

Go here Fed Ex Tracking by Reference and enter your order number and zip code...

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:Pu-er tea

wow. that's some serious djoy.

How puerile of me to not recognize it.

SkekTek

krapposelli wrote:Go here Fed Ex Tracking by Reference and enter your order number and zip code...

It's gotten itself on a truck for delivery this morning! WOOHOO!!!

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:wow. that's some serious djoy.

How puerile of me to not recognize it.

Mine tea hath gone cold. Must needs to nuketh it back up.

krapposelli

SkekTek wrote:It's gotten itself on a truck for delivery this morning! WOOHOO!!!

Mine missed the truck. Wonder if that means I get my $5 back... that'll help when I have to order the size that'll actually fit me.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

joyner wrote:I like your siggy!

Thanks. I kinda like it myself...especially the way today is shaping up.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote://smack

//smack
//smack

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SkekTek

krapposelli wrote:Mine missed the truck. Wonder if that means I get my $5 back... that'll help when I have to order the size that'll actually fit me.

If I order a few more later this week (if my shirt is scheduled to be reckoned I'll stock up), I can order an XL for a swap with you...

ThunderThighs

Staff

Yeah, I'm on a circumventor mailing list so everytime they set up a new website, I sent it to our Internet person to block.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:You two have gotten very strange.

HE STARTED IT!

//pointing wildly at Cruzer

ThunderThighs

Staff

Uh, try some Musinex so you can cough the stuff out?

krapposelli

SkekTek wrote:If I order a few more later this week (if my shirt is scheduled to be reckoned I'll stock up), I can order an XL for a swap with you...

Hmmmm. Will give this some thought, thank you. Depending on it's size, I might see how big this one will e on the girl kid and then get a new one for me.

ThunderThighs

Staff

You'll get your tracking order a few hours after it is delivered to your door. That's the way it always works for me.

SkekTek

daj59 wrote:Uh, try some Musinex so you can cough the stuff out?

I have similar stuff at home (Guiafenesin, and real strong). It's a dry cough, so nothing comes out even with the stuff. Wish there was something there... dry hacks are not fun, and hurt!