jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
SkekTek wrote:The one-week grace period was for the last reckoning yesterday. So it's up for reckoning this weekend (at least, it doesn't say IMMUNITY" on the buy page like Monday's dragon does. EDIT: That means my "one week grace" was actually two days.

that vacuums... they should give at least seven days to give everyone a fighting chance...

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

AZGman wrote:After a day like today, it was a reward!

that good, huh?

Skye — 1997-2007

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
jqubed wrote:that good, huh?

The day? No.

The drive home? Yes.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
jqubed wrote:that vacuums... they should give at least seven days to give everyone a fighting chance...

I agree! Is Shan's up to? It vacuums for both of you if her's is.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
SkekTek wrote:The one-week grace period was for the last reckoning yesterday. So it's up for reckoning this weekend (at least, it doesn't say IMMUNITY" on the buy page like Monday's dragon does. EDIT: That means my "one week grace" was actually two days.

You should contact the shirt.woot gods and ask them if this is really how it goes down. Maybe if you mention it to them this unintended feature might dissapear.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

All right, Skek, somehow I've got your cough. Haven't been sick, haven't had a cold, but I started a coughing a little a couple of days ago and it keeps getting worse. IT KEPT ME FROM NAPPING!!!

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

jqubed

pooflady wrote:All right, Skek, somehow I've got your cough. Haven't been sick, haven't had a cold, but I started a coughing a little a couple of days ago and it keeps getting worse. IT KEPT ME FROM NAPPING!!!

Skye — 1997-2007

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

Has no 1 heard of "cough suppressants?"

jqubed

no1 wrote:Has no 1 heard of "cough suppressants?"

well i guess you must have...

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

no1 wrote:Has no 1 heard of "cough suppressants?"

Just took some kind of hydrocodone syrup. Can't take much because codeine makes me disoriented.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
pooflady wrote:Just took some kind of hydrocodone syrup. Can't take much because codeine makes me disoriented.

You have a nice sleep, poof, once that kicks in.

Whoa! Just checked the fishcam, and my goldfish are mugging for the camera!

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:I agree! Is Shan's up to? It vacuums for both of you if her's is.

She doesn't have to worry. her shirt is ranked #2...

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Just took some kind of hydrocodone syrup. Can't take much because codeine makes me disoriented.

Lady Poof! Lady Poof!

I just read this in Wikipedia:

Recent studies have found that theobromine, a compound found in cacao, is more effective as a cough suppressant than prescription codeine. This compound suppresses the "itch" signal from the nerve in the back of the throat that causes the cough reflex. It is possible to get an effective dose (1 g, though 0.5 g may be sufficient, according to PMID 15548587) from 50g of dark chocolate, which contains 2 to 10 times more cacao than milk chocolate. Cocoa powder contains roughly 0.1 g per tablespoon (5g).[1] Theobromine was also free from side effects in the blind tests.[2]

terrimeyers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers
no1 wrote:Wikipedia quote-Recent studies have found that theobromine, a compound found in cacao, is more effective as a cough suppressant than prescription codeine. This compound suppresses the "itch" signal from the nerve in the back of the throat that causes the cough reflex. It is possible to get an effective dose (1 g, though 0.5 g may be sufficient, according to PMID 15548587) from 50g of dark chocolate, which contains 2 to 10 times more cacao than milk chocolate. Cocoa powder contains roughly 0.1 g per tablespoon (5g).[1] Theobromine was also free from side effects in the blind tests.[2]

Suddenly I feel a cough coming on. maybe I need chocolate?

Thanks SS for my new togs!

pooflady

no1 wrote:

Hot damn!!!

Wait, does that mean I have to take 50 tablespoons of cocoa? Uh....

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
no1 wrote:theobromine

Do you know if that is true or not? Could just be something some random one that smells of Elderberries wrote.

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar

Why does my woot FF plugin say Dear Jerkface - $1.00 ?

terrimeyers

FenStar wrote:Do you know if that is true or not? Could just be something some random one that smells of Elderberries wrote.

FASEBJ

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Dinner is over. Virtual son has gone home. Now I can rest. New BOSTON LEGAL tonight!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
daj59 wrote:Dinner is over. Virtual son has gone home. Now I can rest. New BOSTON LEGAL tonight!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds riveting. We got a box of Christmas presents in the mail. We'll be opening those when Orc and daughter get home.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

FenStar

daj59 wrote:Dinner is over. Virtual son has gone home. Now I can rest. New BOSTON LEGAL tonight!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch! My groin! I forgot!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I can watch it on my new $400 32" HD LCD TV!!!

pooflady

Oh, jeez. I just got an online e-mail that my 13 year old granddaughter has put me down as a "friend" on IMVU, whatever in the hell that is. But it wants me to put in my avatar name and as soon as I type a letter, it says it's already been registered. And after I choose my face and hair and clothes (you would not believe), there's a big "next" box, but it won't do anything. It's so embarrassing.

jqubed

FenStar wrote:Why does my woot FF plugin say Dear Jerkface - $1.00 ?

your plugin is checking woot too often... is it still in some sort of woot-off mode?

Skye — 1997-2007

terrimeyers

This is Post # 2000. that is 1995 useless posts. I'm guessing maybe 5 were actually worthwhile.

pooflady

terrimeyers wrote:This is Post # 2000. that is 1995 useless posts. I'm guessing maybe 5 were actually worthwhile.

What a WHORE!!!. Keep up the good work.

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom

Gah!! Do kids ever actually move away and leave the nest? Daughter has a job in Indianapolis and is fixing to move into an apartment..... she is taking furniture from my house and I am in the process of getting estimates from moving companies to move her there.
It's making me nuts.

jqubed

pooflady wrote:Hot damn!!!

Wait, does that mean I have to take 50 tablespoons of cocoa? Uh....

let's look again

It is possible to get an effective dose (1 g, though 0.5 g may be sufficient, according to PMID 15548587) from 50g of dark chocolate, which contains 2 to 10 times more cacao than milk chocolate. Cocoa powder contains roughly 0.1 g per tablespoon (5g).

I think it's saying you need 1 gram of the chemical, and you can get that from 50 grams of dark chocolate. Then it says that a tablespoon of cocoa powder contains .1 grams of the chemical, and I think it's saying that 1 tablespoon is 5 grams of cocoa powder. Looking at it one way, .1 gram of chemical × 10 = 1 gram of chemical, so that's 10 tablespoons. Alternatively, 5 grams of cocoa × 10 = 50 grams of cocoa, so again, that's just 10 tablespoons. Remember, though, that's dark chocolate, not milk, so it's stronger.

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

acemom wrote:Gah!! Do kids ever actually move away and leave the nest? Daughter has a job in Indianapolis and is fixing to move into an apartment..... she is taking furniture from my house and I am in the process of getting estimates from moving companies to move her there.
It's making me nuts.

When the moving van is driving away, change the locks.

pooflady

jqubed wrote:I think it's saying you need 1 gram of the chemical, and you can get that from 50 grams of dark chocolate. Then it says that a tablespoon of cocoa powder contains .1 grams of the chemical, and I think it's saying that 1 tablespoon is 5 grams of cocoa powder. Looking at it one way, .1 gram of chemical × 10 = 1 gram of chemical, so that's 10 tablespoons. Alternatively, 5 grams of cocoa × 10 = 50 grams of cocoa, so again, that's just 10 tablespoons. Remember, though, that's dark chocolate, not milk, so it's stronger.

My current cough medicine says four times a day. So that's 40 tablespoons of cocoa? Well, gee, twist my arm. I believe there's cocoa candy bars out there.

jqubed

terrimeyers wrote:This is Post # 2000. that is 1995 useless posts. I'm guessing maybe 5 were actually worthwhile.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

acemom wrote:Gah!! Do kids ever actually move away and leave the nest? Daughter has a job in Indianapolis and is fixing to move into an apartment..... she is taking furniture from my house and I am in the process of getting estimates from moving companies to move her there.
It's making me nuts.

but... is she not moving away in moving to indy, then?

what'd she get a job doing? sports reporter?

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

pooflady wrote:My current cough medicine says four times a day. So that's 40 tablespoons of cocoa? Well, gee, twist my arm. I believe there's cocoa candy bars out there.

i trust you can handle it

Skye — 1997-2007

acemom

jqubed wrote:but... is she not moving away in moving to indy, then?

what'd she get a job doing? sports reporter?

She is indeed moving away. But for some reason I am still footing the bills.
No sports reporting yet......she sold out and is in the corporate world.

pooflady

acemom wrote:She is indeed moving away. But for some reason I am still footing the bills.
No sports reporting yet......she sold out and is in the corporate world.

Maybe more money there.

acemom

pooflady wrote:Maybe more money there.

Absolutely, plus better benefits and job stability.
It's what I've been telling her for years but she always thought the corporate world was bourgiouse (sp?) and beneath her. Heh.

pooflady

acemom wrote:Absolutely, plus better benefits and job stability.
It's what I've been telling her for years but she always thought the corporate world was bourgiouse (sp?) and beneath her. Heh.

Dontcha love it? Have you said "I told you so, " or have you been biting your tongue?

acemom

pooflady wrote:Dontcha love it? Have you said "I told you so, " or have you been biting your tongue?

Oh, I know better than to say "Told ya!!"
She's even been thinking about getting certified to teach high school. "Told ya" again.
I seem to be getting smarter the older she gets....

SkekTek

Hi folks this evening.

terrimeyers

SkekTek wrote:Hi folks this evening.

Hi. Heading off to bed. I put in a 13 hour shift today and it left me exhausted. See everyone tomorrow.

SkekTek

terrimeyers wrote:Hi. Heading off to bed. I put in a 13 hour shift today and it left me exhausted. See everyone tomorrow.

Wow, see ya terri... sorry I missed your 2000 party...