jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
acemom wrote:Absolutely, plus better benefits and job stability.
It's what I've been telling her for years but she always thought the corporate world was bourgiouse (sp?) and beneath her. Heh.

almost certainly more money...

and she thought bourgeoisie was beneath her? is she a princess?

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Guess I also will go to bed.

Night all.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
SkekTek wrote:Guess I also will go to bed.

Night all.

congratulations on your 6000+ posts!

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
jqubed wrote:almost certainly more money...

and she thought bourgeoisie was beneath her? is she a princess?

L O L ...
Yes, and yes.
She believes she was born a princess but kidnapped by me and her dad.
OK, not really..... but she (along with much of her generation, I understand)
Does think she is kind of "entitled" to have a really good and well-paying job right out of college.
Uh-huh. Good luck with that.
That being said.... I made her start working when she was 15, just to get the work ethic engrained. The only time she didn't work was her first year in college.

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho

Well, naturally I'd miss everyone here. That's just my luck on this ever increasingly bad day. I kn haz sadness?.

EDIT: I kn haz sadness?. was originally "B-o-o"

acemom

Gumiho wrote:Well, naturally I'd miss everyone here. That's just my luck on this ever increasingly bad day. I kn haz sadness?.

Hugs
Tell momma what is wrong, please.

Gumiho

acemom wrote:
Hugs
Tell momma what is wrong, please.

Oh, it's just that this day started out so well but ended so poorly.
My day started with me in a good mood, with a lot of my work at work done, and everything was pleasant. Then work turned sour, my betta took a turn for the worse, and my car (which was an old family car that my parents fixed up for me for a graduation gift so I could get a better job) broke down after I went for an afternoon walk at an indoor track with some friends. So I don't have transport, and I just called a temp agency and put in my resume and told them that I did. I know it will get fixed, but it concerns me, and frankly, I don't handle stress too well.

Sigh. It's not awful or anything. I just am a little poor at this life/unexpected occurence thing.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Gumiho wrote:Oh, it's just that this day started out so well but ended so poorly.
My day started with me in a good mood, with a lot of my work at work done, and everything was pleasant. Then work turned sour, my betta took a turn for the worse, and my car (which was an old family car that my parents fixed up for me for a graduation gift so I could get a better job) broke down after I went for an afternoon walk at an indoor track with some friends. So I don't have transport, and I just called a temp agency and put in my resume and told them that I did. I know it will get fixed, but it concerns me, and frankly, I don't handle stress too well.

Sigh. It's not awful or anything. I just am a little poor at this life/unexpected occurence thing.

There, there. It'll get better.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Gumiho

pooflady wrote:There, there. It'll get better.

Thank you. I'm sure it will. How are you this evening?

pooflady

Gumiho wrote:Thank you. I'm sure it will. How are you this evening?

Fighting a cough that started a couple days ago. No cold. Nose not running. Don't really feel congested. Just started coughing. And I don't like it.

Also supposed to see the chiropractor tomorrow and then go downtown to lunch and take a number of jobs with me and pick up paper and we're supposed to have snow in the morning. I don't like snow. I don't like driving in snow. I usually don't.

Gumiho

pooflady wrote:Fighting a cough that started a couple days ago. No cold. Nose not running. Don't really feel congested. Just started coughing. And I don't like it.

Also supposed to see the chiropractor tomorrow and then go downtown to lunch and take a number of jobs with me and pick up paper and we're supposed to have snow in the morning. I don't like snow. I don't like driving in snow. I usually don't.

It seems like everyone has some kind of ailment this year. Either full blown flu or a simple symptom. Yet another reason to dislike winter (in my book, although I don't get sick but rarely).

And the snow is yet another reason to dislike the season. Does your forecast call for a lot? We'll have merciful little here. No road condition is worse than snow, I think. (well, including ice within the snow)

pooflady

Gumiho wrote:It seems like everyone has some kind of ailment this year. Either full blown flu or a simple symptom. Yet another reason to dislike winter (in my book, although I don't get sick but rarely).

And the snow is yet another reason to dislike the season. Does your forecast call for a lot? We'll have merciful little here. No road condition is worse than snow, I think. (well, including ice within the snow)

They're saying about an inch. Which means we'll probably either get nothing or a foot.

Gumiho

pooflady wrote:They're saying about an inch. Which means we'll probably either get nothing or a foot.

Ha-ah. Isn't that just the way the weather always goes?

pooflady

Gumiho wrote:Ha-ah. Isn't that just the way the weather always goes?

We've been deserted, must be F&F time.

acemom

Gumiho wrote:Oh, it's just that this day started out so well but ended so poorly.

Don't feel bad..... whenever any of my personal infrastructure has issues, I freak out. Like if my car or my furnace or some such goes bad I am insane until it gets fixed.
I hope the temp agency does well for you..... they promised Daughter the moon and didn't really deliver, but they are all different, I understand.

Gumiho

acemom wrote:Don't feel bad..... whenever any of my personal infrastructure has issues, I freak out. Like if my car or my furnace or some such goes bad I am insane until it gets fixed.
I hope the temp agency does well for you..... they promised Daughter the moon and didn't really deliver, but they are all different, I understand.

Ah, I'm glad to see someone also freaks out about things like this. I always think it's some sort of character flaw only I posess. That I am not alone makes me feel markedly better.

I'm not looking for the moon or anything special from the agency. I just need a better paying job so I can work on my school loans, a decent vehicle, and moving out of my house. I've got little experience in varied jobs, so I figure, at the least, it will be a journey of discovery as to what environs and types of work I do best with. Oh, and health insurance would be nice too. Maybe vision and dental if I'm very lucky.

acemom

Gumiho wrote:Ah, I'm glad to see someone also freaks out about things like this. I always think it's some sort of character flaw only I posess. That I am not alone makes me feel markedly better.

I'm not looking for the moon or anything special from the agency. I just need a better paying job so I can work on my school loans, a decent vehicle, and moving out of my house. I've got little experience in varied jobs, so I figure, at the least, it will be a journey of discovery as to what environs and types of work I do best with. Oh, and health insurance would be nice too. Maybe vision and dental if I'm very lucky.

What is your field?
Daughter has a Liberal Arts degree (read: worthless) and the job she has is really good for her as it is giving her experience in a lot of different areas like: marketing, tech support, editing, and generally getting along with people. If she decides to leave it in a year or so she will have a much stronger resume.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Gumiho

acemom wrote:What is your field?
Daughter has a Liberal Arts degree (read: worthless) and the job she has is really good for her as it is giving her experience in a lot of different areas like: marketing, tech support, editing, and generally getting along with people. If she decides to leave it in a year or so she will have a much stronger resume.

I have a B.A. in English, which isn't much to speak of really. But I panicked about the future so much in college that when I finally settled on a major, I did on one that I was passionate about and loved, rather than one that would set me up for such and such a career. I don't regret it at all, though. Even if it might not have built me up for a career, I learned so much about the subjects and about myself that I can't help but feel it was worth it. I now posess fair editing and grammar skills, proofreading abilities, and a marginally impressive vocabulary. I'm sure I'll find something. I'm not overly picky. I'm just sure I'd prefer to stay away from customer service.

That is the nice thing about temp jobs is that they can expose you to a number of fields with which to build a resume. And, for a person who is shy to interviewing, the set up can often be very relaxing to go through the agency and many times bypass a company interview.

Gumiho

pooflady wrote:Night all. Tomorrow.

Good Night. I think I'll be heading that way myself in a few minutes. I have to be up in 6 hours.

acemom

Gumiho wrote:I have a B.A. in English, which isn't much to speak of really. But I panicked about the future so much in college that when I finally settled on a major, I did on one that I was passionate about and loved, rather than one that would set me up for such and such a career. I don't regret it at all, though. Even if it might not have built me up for a career, I learned so much about the subjects and about myself that I can't help but feel it was worth it. I now posess fair editing and grammar skills, proofreading abilities, and a marginally impressive vocabulary. I'm sure I'll find something. I'm not overly picky. I'm just sure I'd prefer to stay away from customer service.

That is the nice thing about temp jobs is that they can expose you to a number of fields with which to build a resume. And, for a person who is shy to interviewing, the set up can often be very relaxing to go through the agency and many times bypass a company interview.

Quite the coincidence!! Daughter ended up with a degree in English as well! She had an internship as an editor on a newspaper and she really loved it..... that is her dream job. (Well, that and being a sports reporter or a marketing person for a baseball team). But you are right, there are a lot of places you can go with that degree. Do we know from what school you graduated? Or is that too much Bubba info?

Gumiho

acemom wrote:Quite the coincidence!! Daughter ended up with a degree in English as well! She had an internship as an editor on a newspaper and she really loved it..... that is her dream job. (Well, that and being a sports reporter or a marketing person for a baseball team). But you are right, there are a lot of places you can go with that degree. Do we know from what school you graduated? Or is that too much Bubba info?

It's a small university in Pennsylvania called Clarion. Despite fantastic college grades, I was more than a little bit of a slacker in high school, so I had to go to a college without financial assistance, and thus, chose a small, inexpensive one. My dream is to publish short stories, novels, and screenplays. I'm actually presenting an original short story at a national English convention in a few weeks. I don't know if I'd really want a job that had to do with writing totally. A part of me is concerned that it would squelch my desire to write. I've got a lot of dreams and too diffused drive.

I always would think of the song from the show "Avenue Q" that was "What do you do with a B.A. in English?" The lyrics sang "What do you do with a BA in English? What is my life going to be? Four years of college, and plenty of knowledge, have earned me this useless degree. I can't pay the bills yet, 'cause I have no skills yet.." and so on. How long ago did Daughter graduate?

acemom

Gumiho wrote:It's a small university in Pennsylvania called Clarion. Despite fantastic college grades, I was more than a little bit of a slacker in high school, so I had to go to a college without financial assistance, and thus, chose a small, inexpensive one. My dream is to publish short stories, novels, and screenplays. I'm actually presenting an original short story at a national English convention in a few weeks. I don't know if I'd really want a job that had to do with writing totally. A part of me is concerned that it would squelch my desire to write. I've got a lot of dreams and too diffused drive.

I always would think of the song from the show "Avenue Q" that was "What do you do with a B.A. in English?" The lyrics sang "What do you do with a BA in English? What is my life going to be? Four years of college, and plenty of knowledge, have earned me this useless degree. I can't pay the bills yet, 'cause I have no skills yet.." and so on. How long ago did Daughter graduate?

Wow, you sound so much like Daughter in that she loves to write but if she had to do it for a living she thinks it would take the joy away.
She graduated from Ohio State (GO BUCKS!!) last June, but she spent her first 2 years of school at SUNY Binghamton. She came back to Ohio due to health issues, but now she is eligible for the football ticket lottery, so it's all good in my mind, heh.

Gumiho

acemom wrote:Wow, you sound so much like Daughter in that she loves to write but if she had to do it for a living she thinks it would take the joy away.
She graduated from Ohio State (GO BUCKS!!) last June, but she spent her first 2 years of school at SUNY Binghamton. She came back to Ohio due to health issues, but now she is eligible for the football ticket lottery, so it's all good in my mind, heh.

That sounds pretty nice. I think it's something that all people who like to write think of, the career versus pleasure of writing. I'm glad that things worked out. I'd like to talk to you more again sometime, but at the moment, I should get to bed (I have to be up again in 5 hours.) It was good talking to you, and I'll talk to you again later. Good night.

acemom

Gumiho wrote:That sounds pretty nice. I think it's something that all people who like to write think of, the career versus pleasure of writing. I'm glad that things worked out. I'd like to talk to you more again sometime, but at the moment, I should get to bed (I have to be up again in 5 hours.) It was good talking to you, and I'll talk to you again later. Good night.

Night, sleep well.
I'm out too.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

SkekTek

AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks

Morning...

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
SkekTek wrote:Morning...

Howdy, S'Tek . . . how's da t'roat?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

hi people. SkekTek you need to sleep more instead of post all night. I'll never catch up with you at this rate.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

*whispers* Good morning. *looks over her shoulder* I'm at work. Ssssssssh! Don't tell anyone that I can get here.

edit: For some reason my fish shirt seems to have left the local fedex center and has returned to Memphis, TN. I coulda sworn that I DID NOT choose the SmartPost option...

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
krapposelli wrote:*whispers* Good morning. *looks over her shoulder* I'm at work. Ssssssssh! Don't tell anyone that I can get here.

edit: For some reason my fish shirt seems to have left the local fedex center and has returned to Memphis, TN. I coulda sworn that I DID NOT choose the SmartPost option...

howdy hi!

I have not even gotten a smartpost number for the fish shirt yet. I'd say something fishy's going on, but that'd be too much to handle at this early hour.

Needless to say, I am green with envy that a certain designer already got his shirts.

krapposelli

kenney9226 wrote:howdy hi!

I have not even gotten a smartpost number for the fish shirt yet. I'd say something fishy's going on, but that'd be too much to handle at this early hour.

Needless to say, I am green with envy that a certain designer already got his shirts.

I ordered another shirt on Sat. and I don't have a tracking # nor can I pull it up on Fed Ex's site using the order number. That shirt is being sent via StupidPost, so I guess they haven't processed that order yet. At this rate, there's a chance I'm going to get that shirt before my fish...

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

morning all.

krapposelli

krapposelli wrote:I ordered another shirt on Sat. and I don't have a tracking # nor can I pull it up on Fed Ex's site using the order number. That shirt is being sent via StupidPost, so I guess they haven't processed that order yet. At this rate, there's a chance I'm going to get that shirt before my fish...

Scratch all that. My fish shirt is on the fed ex vehicle for delivery. Whoo hoo!

SkekTek

Hi again. My throat is still sore. Got up to do some menial work, then the kids also got up early so I got pulled off the 'puter.

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:hi people. SkekTek you need to sleep more instead of post all night. I'll never catch up with you at this rate.

I just cracked 6000... you're slippin' dude!

cruzer

krapposelli wrote:Scratch all that. My fish shirt is on the fed ex vehicle for delivery. Whoo hoo!

so when do we get pics of the model?

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey
cruzer wrote:morning all.

Morning,

cruzer

SkekTek wrote:Hi again. My throat is still sore. Got up to do some menial work, then the kids also got up early so I got pulled off the 'puter.

lots of fluids! take some meds...but not too many!

SkekTek

cruzer wrote:lots of fluids! take some meds...but not too many!

All I'm taking is guiafenesin syrup for the cough. and hope- lots of it. Gotta teach, gotta teach...