SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

That's better

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
SkekTek wrote: That's better

Uh oh . . . now we know what you like like . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Morning all.

Congratulations Skek. You whore, you.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
pooflady wrote:Morning all.

Hey, Poof, I left you a new series over on Yammer. Didn't know if you had been over there since Cruzer opened this one.

terrimeyers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers
pooflady wrote:Just out of curiosity, has anyone every seen anyone else with a Woot shirt on? I mean, one of the ones that said Woot. Or if you've worn one, has anyone ever mentioned it to you?

Poof, When I was on vacation recently (out of the country) another boat passed by our boat. I was wearing one of my shirts (doesn't say woot on it) a person on the other boat yelled "Hey! a fellow wooter" wonder who it was?

Thanks SS for my new togs!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
pooflady wrote:You'd think with the thousands of monkey woot shirts and the woot shirts that were out before that, that you'd see one somewhere.

The US population is over 300 million.

Assuming an average of about 1000 shirts per week, they've sold 29,000 shirts. lets say 50,000, being generous. That is approximately 0.016 percent of the US population, assuming each sale was to a single person, and no-one bought more than one. So, about 16 people per 100,000 own a woot shirt, a generous estimate. Out of every 10,000 people you see, you might expect to see about 1-2 shirts. Assuming they only own 1 shirt of any kind.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:Assuming an average of about 1000 shirts per week

Dr. J,
Only 1,000 per week? I thought most print runs were over 500 per day.

terrimeyers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers
Josephus wrote:The US population is over 300 million.

Assuming an average of about 1000 shirts per week, they've sold 29,000 shirts. lets say 50,000, being generous. That is approximately 0.016 percent of the US population, assuming each sale was to a single person, and no-one bought more than one. So, about 16 people per 100,000 own a woot shirt, a generous estimate. Out of every 10,000 people you see, you might expect to see about 1-2 shirts. Assuming they only own 1 shirt of any kind.

Thanks Joe, my brain is certainly fried now.

Thanks SS for my new togs!

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

Buzz killer!

I haven't seen any Woot-shirts either - and if Dr. J's stats prove true, I probably never will.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
krapposelli wrote:Buzz killer!

I haven't seen any Woot-shirts either - and if Dr. J's stats prove true, I probably never will.

My neighbor across the street woots, and whenever I see him, I rip open my shirt to show off my woot shirt (if I am wearing one). I expect he'll do the same when he has a woot shirt to show me.

...thanks for getting me into the random quotes thread. I now appear to be writing my comments in such a way so as to make them more euphamistic and stuff. What a fun development in the woot threads!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
krapposelli wrote:Buzz killer!

that's npt true! The odds get better everyday.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

Jeez, and I was only talking about the real Woot shirts, the ones that have Woot printed on them.

kenney9226

My neighbor just said she's sponsor a trip for me and my daughters to go see the Hannah Montana 3-D movie this Friday when we're out of school and off of work.

This used to be my favorite neighbor. Now I know she secretly hates me.

KtCallista

kenney9226 wrote:My neighbor just said she's sponsor a trip for me and my daughters to go see the Hannah Montana 3-D movie this Friday when we're out of school and off of work.

hehe, I'll have to remember this form of punishment, it's good.

pooflady

kenney9226 wrote:My neighbor just said she's sponsor a trip for me and my daughters to go see the Hannah Montana 3-D movie this Friday when we're out of school and off of work.

But she obviously really likes your daughters.

no1

Gatzby wrote:Anyway, as far as I know, there's nothing wrong with the Rejectamotron, though there's plenty of stuff going on around Woot HQ at the moment. It might be a day or two before that comes to fruition though.

pooflady

joyner wrote:Hey, Poof, I left you a new series over on Yammer. Didn't know if you had been over there since Cruzer opened this one.

I'm so glad you reminded me. I saw it, but didn't write it down and then forgot it. Now it's in my purse. Thanks.

kenney9226

pooflady wrote:But she obviously really likes your daughters.

yes, that's true. She is truly the type of neighbor you think of when you think of a great neighborhood.

KtCallista

kenney9226 wrote:yes, that's true. She is truly the type of neighbor you think of when you think of a great neighborhood.

That's really great. We only ever had one neighbor we were close to growing up. My parents are still friend's with him. Next year his daughter (who I used to babysit) is actually moving to the town I live in to attend college.

kenney9226

KtCallista wrote:That's really great. We only ever had one neighbor we were close to growing up. My parents are still friend's with him. Next year his daughter (who I used to babysit) is actually moving to the town I live in to attend college.

late one night, our doorbell rang, and it was one of the neighbors from around the corner who we waved to as we walked around the block. She just wanted us to know that our garage door was open, and normally at this time of night (around 11:00) it's closed and she wanted to make sure everything was okay.

How about that?

KtCallista

kenney9226 wrote:late one night, our doorbell rang, and it was one of the neighbors from around the corner who we waved to as we walked around the block. She just wanted us to know that our garage door was open, and normally at this time of night (around 11:00) it's closed and she wanted to make sure everything was okay.

How about that?

Very cool!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 561 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kenney9226 wrote:late one night, our doorbell rang, and it was one of the neighbors from around the corner who we waved to as we walked around the block. She just wanted us to know that our garage door was open, and normally at this time of night (around 11:00) it's closed and she wanted to make sure everything was okay.

How about that?

Similar thing happened in WA way back when except it was the police at 4am. Seems the newspaper guy was going through the neighborhood and saw it open and ws concerned. I appreciated the concern (there had been thefts around that time) but what a wakeup seeing cops at your door at 4am.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SkekTek

pooflady wrote:Morning all.

Thanks poof! Been bouncing in and out... checking on my shirt votes, writing a lecture...

Speaking of shirts, if you haven't, please consider supporting myself, kenney and v8r. We all need that last minute push.

pooflady

SkekTek wrote:Thanks poof! Been bouncing in and out... checking on my shirt votes, writing a lecture...

Speaking of shirts, if you haven't, please consider supporting myself, kenney and v8r. We all need that last minute push.

I voted for it five minutes after you submitted it.
And have voted for Kneny and v8r.

kenney9226

pooflady wrote:I voted for it five minutes after you submitted it.

wow. you really wanted one!

I thank you for your vote! If elected, I'll do my best to justify why I can't really fulfill all my campaign promises, and blame the other party for stonewalling, pork projects, and poor attendance at meetings.

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:wow. you really wanted one!

Just trying to get ahead of shan... her posties have been slowly creeping up on my fishy for the last day. I just can't make headway!

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:Just trying to get ahead of shan... her posties have been slowly creeping up on my fishy for the last day. I just can't make headway!

yesterday would have been a good time to buy sellout.woots for new ghost accounts-- one cent radios that look like ipods. But $5 shipping, so buy three and give them out to trick-or-treaters as a "trick." Or "treat."

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:yesterday would have been a good time to buy sellout.woots for new ghost accounts-- one cent radios that look like ipods. But $5 shipping, so buy three and give them out to trick-or-treaters as a "trick." Or "treat."

Not worth the cost unless I could conveniently get 10-20 accounts that way.

kenney9226

As predicted, the chairman himself delivered perhaps the hearing’s most dramatic moment, at about 12:30 p.m., when Mr. Clemens was alleged to have tampered with an important witness, prompting his
attorneys to jump up and speak directly to the committee, something that’s not allowed.

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:Not worth the cost unless I could conveniently get 10-20 accounts that way.

yes, and at the end of the day, 1 or 10 additional votes probably won't make a difference. probably.

kenney9226

In clearly the most befuddling question of the morning so far, Representative William Lacy Clay, Democrat of Missouri, asked Mr. Clemens “what uniform you will wear into the Hall of Fame.”
Clemens hesitated and said with the merest of smiles he could muster. He said, “Can I state that I didn’t hear that question?”
“That is fine,” Clay said.

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:yes, and at the end of the day, 1 or 10 additional votes probably won't make a difference. probably.

I'd like to think so, but I was about 10 votes shy of second for the -1 shirt... Those extra accounts could have come in handy then...

Last Post.

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:I'd like to think so, but I was about 10 votes shy of second for the -1 shirt... Those extra accounts could have come in handy then...

Last Post.

yes, that time it would have worked.

sorry again to dredge up that bad memory.

hopefully it can be replaced soon.

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:yes, that time it would have worked.

sorry again to dredge up that bad memory.

hopefully it can be replaced soon.

Accidentally said Last Post. It's an unpleasant memory, but if I hadn't had that experience, I wouldn't be so happy now!

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:Accidentally said Last Post. It's an unpleasant memory, but if I hadn't had that experience, I wouldn't be so happy now!

that should be in the random quote thread!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kenney9226 wrote:As predicted, the chairman himself delivered perhaps the hearing’s most dramatic moment, at about 12:30 p.m., when Mr. Clemens was alleged to have tampered with an important witness, prompting his
attorneys to jump up and speak directly to the committee, something that’s not allowed.

Why is that being heard by congress? What does the government got to do with sports?

(why is got the wrong word and why can't I figure out what word should be there?)

By the way, Star War III is on HBO, it just started.
Ohhhhh, is that the Luke, I am your father ...one?
You young guys don't understand.....we didn't know that!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kenney9226

dontwantaname wrote:Why is that being heard by congress? What does the government got to do with sports?

(why is got the wrong word and why can't I figure out what word should be there?)

Today Roger Clemens is saying he never did HGH or steroids. His ex-trainer is saying that he totally did. Congress is saying one of them must be lying. Each one says the other is!

Your tax dollars at work!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Why is that being heard by congress? What does the government got to do with sports?

All about drugs...

KtCallista

Umm no III would be the one where Aniken becomes Vader. I am almost positive I spelled that wrong too, bad Star Wars Geek. Okay my baby thinks I am being mean again. Off I go for a bit.

no1

kenney9226 wrote:Today Roger Clemens is saying he never did HGH or steroids. His ex-trainer is saying that he totally did. Congress is saying one of them must be lying. Each one says the other is!

Mr. Kneny,
Is this where one of them is revealed to be an android, and his logic circuits overheat and starts to smoke?