kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
SkekTek wrote:5000 posts!!!

YAY! I'M AN EVEN BIGGER POST LADY OF THE EVENING!!!
and top post, to boot!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Congratulations, Kneny.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

Afternoon, everyone. They told us last night that we'd have maybe an inch of snow this morning. They lied. At least four. Cancelled a few of my plans. Roads are clear now, so may go out.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Just wanted to say hi. MIL is being admitted to nursing home as soon as we can get her out of the hospital. Dr. is working on paperwork to get FIL admitted to nursing home also. We found a room for both of them at nursing home just a couple of miles from our house. They will be so much better off. FIL has called us in the middle of the night for last two nights to come get MIL off the floor. She is too weak to walk and keeps trying. FIL is too weak to keep her from falling. Over the weekend FIL has all the eyes on the stove on and couldn't figure out how to cut them off. Nursing home is good.

pooflady

joyner wrote:Just wanted to say hi. MIL is being admitted to nursing home as soon as we can get her out of the hospital. Dr. is working on paperwork to get FIL admitted to nursing home also. We found a room for both of them at nursing home just a couple of miles from our house. They will be so much better off. FIL has called us in the middle of the night for last two nights to come get MIL off the floor. She is too weak to walk and keeps trying. FIL is too weak to keep her from falling. Over the weekend FIL has all the eyes on the stove on and couldn't figure out how to cut them off. Nursing home is good.

I'd say so. What a relief it will be for you and your husband. Are they upset?

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
pooflady wrote:I'd say so. What a relief it will be for you and your husband. Are they upset?

MIL was dehydrated and incoherent. I don't think she knows where she is. FIL just wants MIL taken care of and to sleep all night. He was sitting in a chair beside her bed all night and we didn't know it. But FIL is upset.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:Just wanted to say hi. MIL is being admitted to nursing home as soon as we can get her out of the hospital. Dr. is working on paperwork to get FIL admitted to nursing home also. We found a room for both of them at nursing home just a couple of miles from our house. They will be so much better off. FIL has called us in the middle of the night for last two nights to come get MIL off the floor. She is too weak to walk and keeps trying. FIL is too weak to keep her from falling. Over the weekend FIL has all the eyes on the stove on and couldn't figure out how to cut them off. Nursing home is good.

It is great that you could get them placed together.
People use to say that parents took care of you when you were little and you should be able to take care of them. But, kids grow more independent every day. Old people don't. I never understood that statement.

You will go visit. I bet the more you visit, the better care they will get. You take them home to see the family on holidays and bring them back. Life will be better for all of you. They will be together and safe.

My aunt just entered a nursing home last year. This aunt had taken care of her parents until they died, but she didn't work and they lived in an apartment upstairs in the same house. They were also in better shape then she is now when they died.
She understands the decision to put her there, even though she doesn't remember waking her daughter up a few times every night. She never remembered that in the morning.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
joyner wrote:MIL was dehydrated and incoherent. I don't think she knows where she is. FIL just wants MIL taken care of and to sleep all night. He was sitting in a chair beside her bed all night and we didn't know it. But FIL is upset.

Tough tough decisions. I am glad that there will be help to watch and care for them now.

Joe - I voted for your shirt over the weekend. I like it and Penny's (those were just outside the fog, and I was a little bummed. . . but then I don't really need to keep buying shirts, so it could be a good thing too.

Well so much for being productive, both kids got up.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:MIL was dehydrated and incoherent. I don't think she knows where she is. FIL just wants MIL taken care of and to sleep all night. He was sitting in a chair beside her bed all night and we didn't know it. But FIL is upset.

Whenever you start second guessing yourself, come back here. We will totally back you up!
I know from my cousin that f i l will try to make you feel guilty.
My aunt never remembered calling to get out of bed all night. But when she is all there mentally, she understands why she is in the nursing home. Then the next week she will be asking when she is coming home.

It doesn't sound like even your f i l is able to take care of himself, no less his wife.
Don't let them make you feel guilty! Even moving them into your house and getting an aid doesn't work when the person gets really bad. Ask my cousin, she will tell you.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

terrimeyers wrote:This is Post # 2000. that is 1995 useless posts. I'm guessing maybe 5 were actually worthwhile.

HAPPY 2,000 POSTS TERRI!!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
dontwantaname wrote:HAPPY 2,000 POSTS TERRI!!!!

Wow... a lot of people hit plateaus in the last day or so...

kenney9226

SkekTek wrote:Wow... a lot of people hit plateaus in the last day or so...

.SKEKTEK RULEZ WITH 6,065 POSTS!!.

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:YAY! I'M AN EVEN BIGGER POST LADY OF THE EVENING!!!
and top post, to boot!

So who is this mystery woman anyway?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kenney9226 wrote:.SKEKTEK RULEZ WITH 6,065 POSTS!!.

Hey! You regifted my party!
Don't think you got away with it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
SkekTek wrote:So who is this mystery woman anyway?

No offense to whomever . . . but it looks like a guy in drag . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

SkekTek

AZGman wrote:No offense to whomever . . . but it looks like a guy in drag . . .

Might be kenney... (shudder)

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
daj59 wrote://smack

back at ya...

kenney9226

dontwantaname wrote:Hey! You regifted my party!
Don't think you got away with it!

no, not me.... This party clearly says "SkekTek" on top.

kenney9226

AZGman wrote:No offense to whomever . . . but it looks like a guy in drag . . .

I googled "lady evening too much makeup" and there you go!

I would have googled "whore" to get a better picture, but thought my work Internet filters might have gone berzerk at that search...

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Ahhhhh! Snow! Just in time for rush hour!!

And I ain't in it!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista

kenney9226 wrote:I googled "lady evening too much makeup" and there you go!

I would have googled "whore" to get a better picture, but thought my work Internet filters might have gone berzerk at that search...

I even avoid that kind of search from home.

Hi Gman!

SkekTek

AZGman wrote:Ahhhhh! Snow! Just in time for rush hour!!

And I ain't in it!!

You're psychic! It's snowing here too!

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
SkekTek wrote:You're psychic! It's snowing here too!

My fish shirt is here! My fish shirt is here! It kinda fits, but it's a little too tight to go out of the house. Off of me, it looks really good though.

pooflady

[quote postid="1982576" user="krapposelli"]My fish shirt is here! My fish shirt is here! It kinda fits, but it's a little too tight to go out of the house. Off of me, it looks really good though. [/quote
You could hang it in your window.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
krapposelli wrote:My fish shirt is here! My fish shirt is here! It kinda fits, but it's a little too tight to go out of the house. Off of me, it looks really good though.

I'm sure all of you ladies look good without your shirts :^D

krapposelli

Josephus wrote:I'm sure all of you ladies look good without your shirts :^D

Off to go get some dinner - I think I'm gonna fix me up a fancy shmancy bowl of Special K. Might even splurge and toss a banana in it. Yep, I'm living the life... see ya later.

KtCallista

Josephus wrote:I'm sure all of you ladies look good without your shirts :^D

uhhh, thanks Joe.

pooflady

KtC,
I'm having a senior moment. Somewhere today (I think it was today, maybe last evening) someone posted and said they were a computer programmer living in northern Idaho. Spouse? Does anyone else remember seeing it?

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:KtC,
I'm having a senior moment. Somewhere today (I think it was today, maybe last evening) someone posted and said they were a computer programmer living in northern Idaho. Spouse? Does anyone else remember seeing it?

I complain about my programming work I have to do, but I am not a programmer and neither is Orc. eflanery is. He works with Orc and is a wooter. Lots of programmers up here actually, it would be neat to say hi. I wasn't on last night though.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Woot isn't working for me, what is today's woot?

Still single, can't imagine why.

krapposelli

FenStar wrote:Woot isn't working for me, what is today's woot?

It is...

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:[quote postid="1982576" user="krapposelli"]My fish shirt is here! My fish shirt is here! It kinda fits, but it's a little too tight to go out of the house. Off of me, it looks really good though. [/quote
You could hang it in your window.

How the heck is your shirt there? I don't even have a shipping # yet.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kenney9226 wrote:no, not me.... This party clearly says "SkekTek" on top.

//smack
It takes time (minutes) to make a party!
Find your own!
Or give credit to the maker of the party.
jeeze

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

I want a party.

cruzer

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:

But we only come out when you plug it in.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

cruzer

dontwantaname wrote:But we only come out when you plug it in.

That's good. When you piss me off, or I get tired of you, I can just unplug you.

pooflady

cruzer wrote:

Awwww.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:That's good. When you piss me off, or I get tired of you, I can just unplug you.

I would think you would have figured that out by now!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

cruzer wrote:That's good. When you piss me off, or I get tired of you, I can just unplug you.

Who unplugs their computer? I mean like unless you are leaving on trip and stuff. . .