AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
daj59 wrote:Ooooooh, something related to a big kaboom in the sky last night?

eh . . . that's someone else's problem . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:YES!!! Just got a call that the school district where husband's basketball game is tonight is closing early because of possible bad weather, so basketball is canceled. No decision will have to be made as to whether to go or not to go.

You mean you'd have to argue with him about going out in icky, dangerous weather conditions?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:eh . . . that's someone else's problem . . .

Awwwwwww, it blowed up real good too... so they say.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:YES!!! Just got a call that the school district where husband's basketball game is tonight is closing early because of possible bad weather, so basketball is canceled. No decision will have to be made as to whether to go or not to go.

Sounds like a good night for hot cocoa! Where are the marshmellows & Bailey's?

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:You mean you'd have to argue with him about going out in icky, dangerous weather conditions?

Yes. Basketball is nearly sacrosanct.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
pooflady wrote:They don't have an assisted living facility connected to the nursing home?

That would be too easy! There are a couple here in our little town but not in the same facility.

pooflady

joyner wrote:That would be too easy! There are a couple here in our little town but not in the same facility.

Where my mom's going (if she ever gets to the top of the waiting list), there's three buildings: independent living, assisted living, nursing home. Works out well.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
pooflady wrote:Where my mom's going (if she ever gets to the top of the waiting list), there's three buildings: independent living, assisted living, nursing home. Works out well.

As long as they have a bed available at the next level when needed.

pooflady

It never ceases to amaze me how many lurkers there are out there. They're coming out of the woodwork on Kneny's thread. Although I'm heartbroken that damnjoe is fake. He was the only one around older than me.

krapposelli

pooflady wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how many lurkers there are out there. They're coming out of the woodwork on Kneny's thread. Although I'm heartbroken that damnjoe is fake. He was the only one around older than me.

Nah. It's just one person exposing all of his/her fake ids.

joyner

pooflady wrote:Where my mom's going (if she ever gets to the top of the waiting list), there's three buildings: independent living, assisted living, nursing home. Works out well.

Back when my Mom was together enough to plan ahead she was looking for something like that. Closest one is in Asheville. Two hours away. We both hated for her to be so far away. I know many of you are farther away from your families. Seems like somebody has to be pretty close to do all that stuff that only family members can do.

pooflady

krapposelli wrote:As long as they have a bed available at the next level when needed.

True, but if you're in the first step, you're on the top of the list for the next one rather than someone who's not there.

pooflady

joyner wrote:Back when my Mom was together enough to plan ahead she was looking for something like that. Closest one is in Asheville. Two hours away. We both hated for her to be so far away. I know many of you are farther away from your families. Seems like somebody has to be pretty close to do all that stuff that only family members can do.

We're very lucky. This is about 15 minutes from where she lives now and is on the route between where my sister and b-i-l work and where they live. It's not as good as in right now she's only a two-minute walk from them, and she won't see the grandsons nearly as much, but it could be a lot worse.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Lunchtime. Laterz.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how many lurkers there are out there. They're coming out of the woodwork on Kneny's thread. Although I'm heartbroken that damnjoe is fake. He was the only one around older than me.

What? Where? Who was DamnJoe?
I hate this, now I'll have to find it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:We're very lucky. This is about 15 minutes from where she lives now and is on the route between where my sister and b-i-l work and where they live. It's not as good as in right now she's only a two-minute walk from them, and she won't see the grandsons nearly as much, but it could be a lot worse.

Can't you take her out for the day? My grandmother was in a coma when she was in, so I wouldn't know.
Son was just walking, the people in the lobby would flock around him. I could see why bringing pets would work. I wasn't too happy about all those old people touching him.
Seeing that I've turned into one of those people who play with babies in the supermarket...I'll be one of those old ladies in the nursing home.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Thought question. Order pizza. Arrives at 10 PM. House gets down to 65 at night. Find out next morning said pizza remnants still on counter (2 pieces cheese) in box.

Question: Eat or no eat? % chance eating said pizza will result in sickness?

joyner

Hey dont, what size Woot t-shirts do you order? You can PM me if you want to. I am going to re-order the fishy. I've got to get one big enough to cover the menopausal rolls of cherubic. That's tmi but it's the truth! Just for the record, I also play with babies in the grocery store!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Thought question. Order pizza. Arrives at 10 PM. House gets down to 65 at night. Find out next morning said pizza remnants still on counter (2 pieces cheese) in box.

You will be absolutely fine unless some poisonous insect burrowed into the crust and laid eggs.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
SkekTek wrote:Thought question. Order pizza. Arrives at 10 PM. House gets down to 65 at night. Find out next morning said pizza remnants still on counter (2 pieces cheese) in box.

if there was nefarious bacterium on it, and assuming it could multiply in the cheese or meat toppings, it would multiply to bad levels in ~4 hours, so I'd go against it... but I couldn't say for sure if cooked cheese or meat toppings would support bacteria growth

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

joyner

Eat, eat! If you were still in college you wouldn't think a thing about it. Besides if you are young enough to eat pizza at 10pm and live to tell about it your system can handle a little botulism or whatever cold pizza eventually turns into. It's full of so many preservatives it will takes days to get wonky.

SkekTek

joyner wrote:Hey dont, what size Woot t-shirts do you order? You can PM me if you want to. I am going to re-order the fishy. I've got to get one big enough to cover the menopausal rolls of cherubic. That's tmi but it's the truth! Just for the record, I also play with babies in the grocery store!

Maybe a XL in that case? My wife (who ain't skinny but not huge either) wears a 2x AA shirt, and a 22/24 shirt normally. She hates the necklines of the guy shirts though.

krapposelli

SkekTek wrote:Maybe a XL in that case? My wife (who ain't skinny but not huge either) wears a 2x AA shirt, and a 22/24 shirt normally. She hates the necklines of the guy shirts though.

I had ordered the woman's XL (yes, I'm chubby) and I definitely like the cut of the woman's shirt better. But it's too small. If I were to lose 10-15 pounds (okay, 20) it'd work. For now, a woman's XXL would probably be perfect. I had husband wash my woot launch shirt today so I'll know what size it is post-washing and will then re-order my fish shirt.

BTW - should I be saying woman's or womans? I hate apostrophes and commas.

SkekTek

krapposelli wrote:I had ordered the woman's XL (yes, I'm chubby) and I definitely like the cut of the woman's shirt better. But it's too small. If I were to lose 10-15 pounds (okay, 20) it'd work. For now, a woman's XXL would probably be perfect. I had husband wash my woot launch shirt today so I'll know what size it is post-washing and will then re-order my fish shirt.

BTW - should I be saying woman's or womans? I hate apostrophes and commas.

I gotta order my free shirts soon... before the fish expires.

ThunderThighs

Staff

daj59 wrote:Lunchtime. Laterz.

And back.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

daj59 wrote:And back.

And gone. Laterz.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Can't you take her out for the day? My grandmother was in a coma when she was in, so I wouldn't know.
Son was just walking, the people in the lobby would flock around him. I could see why bringing pets would work. I wasn't too happy about all those old people touching him.
Seeing that I've turned into one of those people who play with babies in the supermarket...I'll be one of those old ladies in the nursing home.

What are you talking about, "take her out for the day"? She's still driving, for God's sake. Admittedly, maybe she shouldn't be, but....

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
daj59 wrote:And back.

//smack

bitbythedog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bitbythedog
cruzer wrote://smack

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote://smack

//smack back

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

bitbythedog wrote:

Hmmmm, that pictures blocked here. I'm thinking there may be a good reason.

FORUM MODERATOR

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
daj59 wrote:Hmmmm, that pictures blocked here. I'm thinking there may be a good reason.

This is what I see, Ms. Daj.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Thank you Daj.

Still single, can't imagine why.

ThunderThighs

Staff

FenStar wrote:Thank you Daj.

hehe, if you are talking about the picture, don't blame me.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

AZGman wrote:And gone. Laterz.

And home.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:And home.

'bout time. Where have you been young man!?!?!?

FORUM MODERATOR

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
AZGman wrote:I wonder if K'lista felt the Nevada earthquake this morning?

I always sleep through the darn things. Besides I am a bit far north for that one. Friends who live in the house I grew up in messaged me about it. It's farther south.

People here in town supposedly felt the Seattle quake a few years ago, I don't know I was in class trying to listen to a lecture at the time.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman

daj59 wrote:'bout time. Where have you been young man!?!?!?

Let's see . . . left work at 1:45, arrive at home 2:15, walk and water dog 2:30, change clothes 2:35, open, set up and begin charging new (factory refrubbed) woot phones 2:45, check email 2:50-ish . . . and, voila! Home!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:Maybe a XL in that case? My wife (who ain't skinny but not huge either) wears a 2x AA shirt, and a 22/24 shirt normally. She hates the necklines of the guy shirts though.

So sweet of you to say that. That's the size I order too. Who knows when my fishy
will get here, my mail lady already thinks I am nuts. Last time we got B O C's they arrived the same day as some shirts (I think Joe's moon one). She had lots of questions at the door that day.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
KtCallista wrote:So sweet of you to say that. That's the size I order too. Who knows when my fishy
will get here, my mail lady already thinks I am nuts. Last time we got B O C's they arrived the same day as some shirts (I think Joe's moon one). She had lots of questions at the door that day.

hooray for small town postal workers

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007