ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Let's see . . . left work at 1:45, arrive at home 2:15, walk and water dog 2:30, change clothes 2:35, open, set up and begin charging new (factory refrubbed) woot phones 2:45, check email 2:50-ish . . . and, voila! Home!!

Hmmmmmm, ok.

Which phones did you get? I bought some of the Unidens from them quite a while back. I love them. That intercom feature is a voice saver -- no yelling upstairs.

Top Seal of Approval

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
KtCallista wrote:I always sleep through the darn things. Besides I am a bit far north for that one. Friends who live in the house I grew up in messaged me about it. It's farther south.

People here in town supposedly felt the Seattle quake a few years ago, I don't know I was in class trying to listen to a lecture at the time.

Just curious; I thought you lived further north . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
jqubed wrote:hooray for small town postal workers

yup! At my garage sale she asked how much I wanted for my Jeep, I think I'll sell it this year. I wonder if she still wants it.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman

daj59 wrote:Hmmmmmm, ok.

Which phones did you get? I bought some of the Unidens from them quite a while back. I love them. That intercom feature is a voice saver -- no yelling upstairs.

Top Seal of Approval

These are also Unidens . . . one base set and two remotes . . .

I think all our phones are Uniden except for the trimline emergency power outage phone . . .

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Just curious; I thought you lived further north . . .

It's okay, I used to live close enough. Heck I've even been in CA for some small quakes and slept through them. (in a camp trailer in a driveway no less).

My junior high had a big crack in one wall from a CA earthquake, it happened when I was really little, I slept through that one too.

AZGman

KtCallista wrote:It's okay, I used to live close enough. Heck I've even been in CA for some small quakes and slept through them. (in a camp trailer in a driveway no less).

My junior high had a big crack in one wall from a CA earthquake, it happened when I was really little, I slept through that one too.

I felt small temblors in Okinawa and Hawaii . . . and one about a year or so ago in Maryland.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:I felt small temblors in Okinawa and Hawaii . . . and one about a year or so ago in Maryland.

gee I'd almost have to ask what it's like.

AZGman

KtCallista wrote:gee I'd almost have to ask what it's like.

The ones I experienced felt like a little shudder . . . and over before you realized what had happened . . .

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:The ones I experienced felt like a little shudder . . . and over before you realized what had happened . . .

yup sleep right through it.

Time to get baby down for a nap I think, talk to you all later!

AZGman

KtCallista wrote:yup sleep right through it.

Time to get baby down for a nap I think, talk to you all later!

ciao 4 niao!

ThunderThighs

Staff

The only thing I felt from the 2 earthquakes (small) that we had while living in the Seattle area were large THUDS. We lived on a mountain so I reckon that lump of rock reacts differently than land at sealevel. They showed videos of that rocking and swaying.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

We had one about ten years ago. I thought the furnace was blowing up because an earthquake never entered my mind. Just shook for a few seconds, rattled the utensils hanging on a rack.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

about the coolest nature thing I have seen/felt is twin tornadoes. That was cool.

AZGman

cruzer wrote:about the coolest nature thing I have seen/felt is twin tornadoes. That was cool.

Only when they're not bearing down on you or your home, I suspect.

cruzer

AZGman wrote:Only when they're not bearing down on you or your home, I suspect.

I was on a school trip in Kansas City, so yeah, probably.

AZGman

cruzer wrote:I was on a school trip in Kansas City, so yeah, probably.

I've never seen a tornado and have only been on the fringes of a hurricane.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

We had one here once. It felt and sounded like a big truck went down the street.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

cruzer

AZGman wrote:I've never seen a tornado and have only been on the fringes of a hurricane.

Isn't a hurricane like a very very big tornado, just not as destructive for it's size and over water most of the time?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:I've never seen a tornado and have only been on the fringes of a hurricane.

No hurricane? Really?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

cruzer

dontwantaname wrote:We had one here once. It felt and sounded like a big truck went down the street.

I assume you're talking about a tornader

AZGman

cruzer wrote:Isn't a hurricane like a very very big tornado, just not as destructive for it's size and over water most of the time?

Yeah . . . same principle; different scale . . .

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I've seen and been on the fringes of a tornado, in a car. It's scary. We were driving and had to stop. When it cleared, we went about two blocks and cars were overturned and telephone poles down.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:No hurricane? Really?

We got caught by the western edge of one in '03 (can't remember it's name) . . . lost power for about 11 hours . . . winds in our area only hit 50-60 mph, slightly higher gusts . . .

cruzer

laterz!

AZGman

I still haven't seen the Aurora Borealis ( or Aurora Australis) . . . wanna see the Southern Cross constellation, too.

AZGman

cruzer wrote:laterz!

bis spater!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:I still haven't seen the Aurora Borealis ( or Aurora Australis) . . . wanna see the Southern Cross constellation, too.

Ha! I have! In Bar Harbor Maine. We saw the Aurora Borealis.
At first we thought it somehow was lights from a city rolling off the clouds. Then we realized there were no clouds and no city. Other people told us what it was. Color lights rolling across the sky, sort of like the way waves wash on the shore.
Not that bright, I think Maine is too far south for really good lights.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Ha! I have! In Bar Harbor Maine. We saw the Aurora Borealis.
At first we thought it somehow was lights from a city rolling off the clouds. Then we realized there were no clouds and no city. Other people told us what it was. Color lights rolling across the sky, sort of like the way waves wash on the shore.
Not that bright, I think Maine is too far south for really good lights.

Intensity has more to do with solar activity . . . they've been reported seen as far south as North Carolina when conditions are just right.

tall4agirl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tall4agirl

Evenin' folks.

I'm watching the traffic on the news and I am very glad to be home. This is the second rush hour snow this week!

AZGman

tall4agirl wrote:Evenin' folks.

I'm watching the traffic on the news and I am very glad to be home. This is the second rush hour snow this week!

Hiya, t'girl! Nice to not be in it, huh?

AZGman

If I disappear for a bit it's cuz I'm fixin' dinner . . .

tall4agirl

AZGman wrote:Hiya, t'girl! Nice to not be in it, huh?

Yes, very.

Time for lasagna. Back after dinner.

AZGman

Whoa!! I just remembered I don't hafta go to bed early tonight!! Yes!! I might even make it as late as 9 or 9:30!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Whoa!! I just remembered I don't hafta go to bed early tonight!! Yes!! I might even make it as late as 9 or 9:30!!!

Party!!!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Party!!!!!

I'll bring the toothpicks for Az's eyes! He's not used to staying up that late, ya know!

FORUM MODERATOR

tall4agirl

AZGman wrote:Whoa!! I just remembered I don't hafta go to bed early tonight!! Yes!! I might even make it as late as 9 or 9:30!!!

That late?!?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:I'll bring the toothpicks for Az's eyes! He's not used to staying up that late, ya know!

NOOOOOOO! Bring back the No 1 boobies!!! You changed it early.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

tall4agirl

dontwantaname wrote:NOOOOOOO! Bring back the No 1 boobies!!! You changed it early.

I didn't see that request coming.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:NOOOOOOO! Bring back the No 1 boobies!!! You changed it early.

Here, just for you.

tall4agirl wrote:I didn't see that request coming.

Neither did I. Neither did I.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

tall4agirl wrote:I didn't see that request coming.

I'm waiting for the baby monkey to puke . . .