pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Enough to shine on the yaller roses of Texas in Red River Valley!!

Unless you're in Black Rock.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

tall4agirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tall4agirl
pooflady wrote:Unless you're in Black Rock.

Don't they have roses there?!?

pooflady

AZGman wrote:I wonder if poofguy is grumpin' around the house cuz his basketball game was canceled?

On the contrary, he was happy. This relieved him of the responsibility of possibly wussing out by not going or having to drive through snow and ice.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tall4agirl wrote:Well, the stars at night are big and bright there...

AZGman wrote:Enough to shine on the yaller roses of Texas in Red River Valley!!

The stars at night are big and bright
(clap, clap, clap, clap),
Deep in the heart of Texas.

The prairie sky is wide and high

The sage in bloom is like perfume

Reminds me of the one I love

The coyotes wail along the trail

The rabbits rush around the brush

The cowboys cry, "Ki-yip-pee-yi"

The doggies bawl and bawl and bawl

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:On the contrary, he was happy. This relieved him of the responsibility of possibly wussing out by not going or having to drive through snow and ice.

Molten rubber?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

tall4agirl wrote:Don't they have roses there?!?

Uh-uh, too many bad days.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Uh-uh, too many bad days.

<snerk>

tall4agirl

pooflady wrote:Uh-uh, too many bad days.

Shouldn't that mean there are more roses there?

AZGman

tall4agirl wrote:Shouldn't that mean there are more roses there?

Naaah . . . nothin' but daisies being pushed up . . .

tall4agirl

AZGman wrote:Naaah . . . nothin' but daisies being pushed up . . .

Oh, yeah. They are in Texas.

ThunderThighs

Staff

tall4agirl wrote:Oh, yeah. They are in Texas.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman

tall4agirl wrote:Oh, yeah. They are in Texas.

Please don't eat 'em!!

AZGman

daj59 wrote:

You are a vi-o-lent woman

pooflady

There's a local girl who's one of the three finalists in Jeopardy's teen challenge tonight and the station preempted Jeopardy for a half hour of the car show at the convention center. They're going to be drawn and quartered for that stupid decision.

tall4agirl

pooflady wrote:There's a local girl who's one of the three finalists in Jeopardy's teen challenge tonight and the station preempted Jeopardy for a half hour of the car show at the convention center. They're going to be drawn and quartered for that stupid decision.

Yup. Dumb dumb dumb. They say they're gonna air it at 7am tomorrow or something, but there's no way it'll happen if we have ice in the morning.

pooflady

tall4agirl wrote:Yup. Dumb dumb dumb. They say they're gonna air it at 7am tomorrow or something, but there's no way it'll happen if we have ice in the morning.

I think they said 1:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
I e-mailed them and told them what I thought (nicely, of course) of their decision. Also told them I couldn't wait to listen to Cunningham tomorrow afternoon (a Deer Park alumnus). He'll crucify them.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Survivor Time. Laterz.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Just to butt into this thread to....
Newest member of household

The fish that refuses to die

and last, but not least,
Splinter, who is not impressed by new house for fish

I will break into the thread again after Lost

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman

daj59 wrote:Survivor Time. Laterz.

Guess we'll have to survive without you . . . for a while.

tall4agirl

pooflady wrote:I think they said 1:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
I e-mailed them and told them what I thought (nicely, of course) of their decision. Also told them I couldn't wait to listen to Cunningham tomorrow afternoon (a Deer Park alumnus). He'll crucify them.

Ah, I guess I just heard the 7 part and not the am/pm

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
AZGman wrote:I've never seen a tornado and have only been on the fringes of a hurricane.

evenin'...

been through both, in varying degrees. Worst hurricane was Fran. We'd had a lot of rain prior to that coming in (and another hurricane a few months earlier) so a lot of trees went down. We were without power for a week, but we lived in the country a little ways. My grandmother in town had power, so mom, bro, and sis stayed with her, though she'd stayed with us during the actual storm (she had a large oak next to her house and we weren't sure it'd make it). That was a loud night, and once Dad and I thought we heard a different "freight train" sound among it (when we didn't live near any train tracks) I couldn't sleep because I was scared of a tornado spawning in our back yard. There was a line of trees down in the woods behind our house that went in a kind of spiral pattern, but we never had the NWS check it out.

Beyond that, the closest I've been to a tornado was an F4 that came through about 2 or 3 miles from our house around 3 AM in '89. I don't remember much of the actual event, other than waking up early to the power being out and everything being an odd gray/blue color. But we had to drive through an area of the destruction for a long time, where all that was left was foundations and staircases, and that kept me good and scared of weather for a long time. It killed 4 people and blew up a Kmart, and there wasn't much warning because it started forming over top of the radar site, so by the time they saw it it was already down and moving.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

cruzer wrote:Isn't a hurricane like a very very big tornado, just not as destructive for it's size and over water most of the time?

i guess at the most basic principles there's some similarities, but i think there's also some very different mechanisms at work sustaining them. a tornado's basically a really strong thunderstorm, generally forming along a cold front (which extends out of a low pressure system), where a hurricane's a really strong low pressure system... but, a severe thunderstorm, especially one that causes a tornado, acts like it's own mini low pressure system, complete with its own internal warm and cold fronts... we never got to go into a lot of detail about hurricanes, though, in my meteorology class

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

AZGman wrote:It shows the area covered by the aurora at one point in time. The colors indicate intensity with the blue end of the scale being least intense - essentially invisible. The pic that is currently up shows that it is 12 noon at about Midway Island (red arrow).

one other thing, there's also a number "n" up at the top, that says how confident they are in its accuracy... they like it to be less than 2, right now it's 3.13

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

pooflady wrote:I think they said 1:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.

the Programming Director or someone would be the person to talk to about that. you could try calling, but you might not be able to actually speak to the person. you'll probably get a reply to your email, but letters are good, too. i suspect they'll give the reason for their decision (maybe planned before the girl made it?), and they may or may not stand by it. I'd say that's definitely a poor decision. I can see pre-empting scheduled programming for sporting events, but a local car expo? at least, not when someone local is on and might do well...

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

I think it's getting pretty nasty outside. We've had a couple inches of snow and it was supposed to turn into sleet and freezing rain. Must have, because the guy across the street could only make it halfway up his driveway after several attempts.

tall4agirl

pooflady wrote:I think it's getting pretty nasty outside. We've had a couple inches of snow and it was supposed to turn into sleet and freezing rain. Must have, because the guy across the street could only make it halfway up his driveway after several attempts.

There's almost a quarter inch crust of icy stuff on top of the snow in the back yard.

Uncorked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uncorked
pooflady wrote:I think it's getting pretty nasty outside. We've had a couple inches of snow and it was supposed to turn into sleet and freezing rain. Must have, because the guy across the street could only make it halfway up his driveway after several attempts.

This one can stay down with you guys. I think we've had enough, but I do believe you have had more.

Domestic Zymologist since 1980

pooflady

tall4agirl wrote:There's almost a quarter inch crust of icy stuff on top of the snow in the back yard.

Just checked the front sidewalk. Crunchy.

tall4agirl

Uncorked wrote:This one can stay down with you guys. I think we've had enough, but I do believe you have had more.

Are you sure? I'd be happy to send it up to you. :D

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Guess we'll have to survive without you . . . for a while.

har-de-har-har

FORUM MODERATOR

Uncorked

tall4agirl wrote:Are you sure? I'd be happy to send it up to you. :D

I am very ready for Spring.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Y'all can keep your ice up there. I'm having trouble dealing with the 30s here. Brrrrrrrrr. Son even complained during Maisy's walk but she likes to get her frisky on in cold weather.

FORUM MODERATOR

tall4agirl

Uncorked wrote:I am very ready for Spring.

Me, too!

Uncorked

daj59 wrote:Y'all can keep your ice up there. I'm having trouble dealing with the 30s here. Brrrrrrrrr. Son even complained during Maisy's walk but she likes to get her frisky on in cold weather.

Probably trying to keep warm..........

Edit; We've been sub-zero up here again the last couple of nights

edit II: I think it's time for me to go
g'nite everyone

ThunderThighs

Staff

Bedtime for Daj. Gnite all.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

daj59 wrote:Bedtime for Daj. Gnite all.

Are you taking the monkeys with you?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Are you taking the monkeys with you?

Did she?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Did she?

Looks like she left them.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Looks like she left them.

They're not showing up on mine.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:They're not showing up on mine.

You are lucky.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!