krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
joyner wrote:Hey 'selii was that your Hungarian Goulash recipe? Poof said she made it last night. See over on yammer. She tried to give me credit for the recipe.

Yeah, that was mine. I hope she liked it.

krapposelli

AZGman wrote:What kind do you have?

We have some sort of Sears upright version. I use it a lot to clean things (dryer vent, vacuum filters screens, etc.). Husband uses it for filling the tires and it's real purposes, so it's been very useful.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
krapposelli wrote:Yeah, that was mine. I hope she liked it.

pooflady wrote:Joyner, if you show up, I made your Hungarian goulash tonight. Very good!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

krapposelli wrote:We have some sort of Sears upright version. I use it a lot to clean things (dryer vent, vacuum filters screens, etc.). Husband uses it for filling the tires and it's real purposes, so it's been very useful.

Yup . . . need one . . . especially for painting . . .

AZGman

Okay . . . outty for a while; seize y'all later!!

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
AZGman wrote:What kind do you have?

I forget off the top of my head who makes it, but I got it a sams club.

I don't know what you are going to do with it, but I have a 20 gallon tank and I'm not sure that it is enough. I think a 30 gallon would be good. However, if you're just going to be using a nailer or something small, that's way over the top. If you are going to be using an air gun, 20 gallons is minimum.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good morning everyone.

Change my thanks to Selli. The Hungarian goulash was great.

I like Bob Evans' BLT&E.

We used to have a Schlotzkys - not too impressed. Evidently not many people were.

We had ice on everything this morning, but it's starting to clear. All the schools are closed. Husband's shoveling ice/snow.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
pooflady wrote:Good morning everyone.

I like Bob Evans' BLT&E.

We used to have a Schlotzkys - not too impressed. Evidently not many people were.

We had ice on everything this morning, but it's starting to clear. All the schools are closed. Husband's shoveling ice/snow.

Good morning Poof!

krapposelli

pooflady wrote:Good morning everyone.

I like Bob Evans' BLT&E.

Morning Poof! Glad it worked out for you. It's the perfect meal for the current weather.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I would like to announce to the world, that whoever invented small snow blowers, should get a nobel peace prize, or something like that!
In one hour I did all of mine. Sidewalks on 7 houses and two other driveways!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
krapposelli wrote:Morning Poof! Glad it worked out for you. It's the perfect meal for the current weather.

we're getting a quiet rain, sneaking up on us to turn into sleet and ice tonight.
unless they've changed the forecast. everyone is home, at least- wife took leave today, kids out of school.

pooflady

This parent thing must be contagious. My mom was diagnosed with a thyroid problem last week, which I have a hunch she's had for a while but now it's kind of acute. I know the medicine takes a few weeks to kick in. In the meantime, she's not in good shape. Swelling, no energy, etc. On top of that, she's suddenly having *spells* where she's panting for 10 or 15 minutes. I have a hunch I'm going to be making a trip shortly.

joyner

pooflady wrote:This parent thing must be contagious. My mom was diagnosed with a thyroid problem last week, which I have a hunch she's had for a while but now it's kind of acute. I know the medicine takes a few weeks to kick in. In the meantime, she's not in good shape. Swelling, no energy, etc. On top of that, she's suddenly having *spells* where she's panting for 10 or 15 minutes. I have a hunch I'm going to be making a trip shortly.

It's the full moon and the eclipse. Hope she gets better quickly.

AZGman

And back . . . done drooling . . . .

krapposelli

pooflady wrote:This parent thing must be contagious. My mom was diagnosed with a thyroid problem last week, which I have a hunch she's had for a while but now it's kind of acute. I know the medicine takes a few weeks to kick in. In the meantime, she's not in good shape. Swelling, no energy, etc. On top of that, she's suddenly having *spells* where she's panting for 10 or 15 minutes. I have a hunch I'm going to be making a trip shortly.

Sounds serious, hope she gets well soon. How far from you is she?

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
AZGman wrote:And back . . . done drooling . . . .

and eating?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Can they move her up on the list?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

cruzer wrote:and eating?

Just finished

joyner

Paperwork has just been completed to move MIL to nursing home. I understand from friends who have been through this that MIL was approved in record time.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

krapposelli wrote:Sounds serious, hope she gets well soon. How far from you is she?

She is hours away.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:Paperwork has just been completed to move MIL to nursing home. I understand from friends who have been through this that MIL was approved in record time.

What about f i l? Can he go to the same facility?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

dontwantaname wrote:She is hours away.

Hi Dont. That was a great picture of splinter on yammer.

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
joyner wrote:Paperwork has just been completed to move MIL to nursing home. I understand from friends who have been through this that MIL was approved in record time.

I am glad things are moving very smoothly, I hope the parents adjust easily.

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

joyner

dontwantaname wrote:What about f i l? Can he go to the same facility?

They are going to try and keep a bed in her room open for him. But they don't want to start the paperwork on him until they get hers finished. She will have to transition to Medicaid or she can't stay. The Medicare copay if Medicaid doesn't kick in is $128.00 per day. I may have that reversed. Husband is the social worker who understands the programs. I glaze over when he talks about it.

pooflady

krapposelli wrote:Sounds serious, hope she gets well soon. How far from you is she?

About seven hours. My sister's there but works full time and has kids in grade school Obviously can't be with her full time.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

And back. Got treated to lunch at McAllister's Deli. French Dip. Yum.

Sorry about your mom Poof.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Can they move her up on the list?

At this point she wouldn't be in any shape to make the move.

joyner

KtCallista wrote:I am glad things are moving very smoothly, I hope the parents adjust easily.

Thanks KtC. How are the girls?

krapposelli

dontwantaname wrote:She is hours away.

I thought we just discussed a rule or something about how people far away aren't supposed to get sick. Sheesh. Doesn't anyone follow the rules anymore!

joyner

pooflady wrote:At this point she wouldn't be in any shape to make the more.

I think pretty much the same thing happened to my Mom about 20 years ago. After 3 weeks on the couch she was fine. She was exhausted while she waited for the meds to kick in.

pooflady

daj59 wrote:And back. Got treated to lunch at McAllister's Deli. French Dip. Yum.

Sorry about your mom Poof.

Mmmm, yummy. Haven't been there in months.

KtCallista

joyner wrote:Thanks KtC. How are the girls?

Very close to getting killed, I mean they are good. Baby stayed up screaming most of the night and would only calm down if I held her. Older one is being 3. She doesn't want to share with her sister. I am glad it is Friday and Orc will be home tomorrow. He is tired too though, he didn't sleep last night either.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:At this point she wouldn't be in any shape to make the move.

So, she is on the wrong list.
Can you get her on the right list?
Good thing, in a way, she didn't move this winter. It would be tough to move twice.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

KtCallista wrote:Very close to getting killed, I mean they are good. Baby stayed up screaming most of the night and would only calm down if I held her. Older one is being 3. She doesn't want to share with her sister. I am glad it is Friday and Orc will be home tomorrow. He is tired too though, he didn't sleep last night either.

Ouch, maybe everyone will sleep tonight.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:They are going to try and keep a bed in her room open for him. But they don't want to start the paperwork on him until they get hers finished. She will have to transition to Medicaid or she can't stay. The Medicare copay if Medicaid doesn't kick in is $128.00 per day. I may have that reversed. Husband is the social worker who understands the programs. I glaze over when he talks about it.

What a difference in cost because of geography.
18 years ago my grandmother was in a coma and it was $5,000 a month.
Now it is $10,000.
My aunt just went in. I guarantee you that her husband never even made $10,000 a year when he was working.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Ok, for a much smaller problem...
I got my neighbors mail. I told the mailman, but somehow I never got any mail.
That means somewhere out there is MY mail.
Hope who ever has it brings it back.
Hope no big bills are in it.
Glad son's passport came already.
Stupid mail.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

joyner wrote:I think pretty much the same thing happened to my Mom about 20 years ago. After 3 weeks on the couch she was fine. She was exhausted while she waited for the meds to kick in.

I'm sure hoping that's what's going to happen here.

joyner

dontwantaname wrote:What a difference in cost because of geography.
18 years ago my grandmother was in a coma and it was $5,000 a month.
Now it is $10,000.
My aunt just went in. I guarantee you that her husband never even made $10,000 a year when he was working.

the 128 per day is just the co-pay. I don't know what the actual cost is.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Hi folks... just got back in from playing outside in the slushy snow with the boys. Found out something- next time I'll do a better job raking the leaves at the end of the year. We made a snowman, but it looks more like a leaf man!

KtCallista

joyner wrote:Ouch, maybe everyone will sleep tonight.

Ohh I hope so. On a good note I got a sanity shower at 4am. Gotta find some silver lining I suppose.

Poof - I am sorry to hear about your Mom.