joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
dontwantaname wrote:Ok, for a much smaller problem...
I got my neighbors mail. I told the mailman, but somehow I never got any mail.
That means somewhere out there is MY mail.
Hope who ever has it brings it back.
Hope no big bills are in it.
Glad son's passport came already.
Stupid mail.

But smartpost! Your woots! will be lost!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Okay fussy kids are kicking me out of computerland, later all!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
AZGman wrote:Just finished

Did ya have fun drooling?

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
cruzer wrote:Did ya have fun drooling?

I got bored . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

cruzer

AZGman wrote:I got bored . . .

nothing too drool worthy then?

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
cruzer wrote:nothing too drool worthy then?

Oh, plenty . . . I was half-way through the section when I realized I wasn't going to buy anything . . . nothing worse than being in stores with no intent to buy . . .

And now, I think I'll take smackin' daj's advice and go take a nap . . . see y'all later.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
AZGman wrote:I got bored . . .

Gman, do you ever go over to shirt derby and vote? I go and look and vote. I am in awe
of the talent. I have none.

cruzer

AZGman wrote:Oh, plenty . . . I was half-way through the section when I realized I wasn't going to buy anything . . . nothing worse than being in stores with no intent to buy . . .

And now, I think I'll take smackin' daj's advice and go take a nap . . . see y'all later.

yeah...I do hate that feeling...that's why I never go test drive cars even though I really want to.

Hey! I just got a tracking number for the power squid things! Woohoo! Too bad I got them yesterday!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Oh, plenty . . . I was half-way through the section when I realized I wasn't going to buy anything . . . nothing worse than being in stores with no intent to buy . . .

Did he ever tell us where he had lunch?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Raining

cruzer wrote:yeah...I do hate that feeling...that's why I never go test drive cars even though I really want to.

Hey! I just got a tracking number for the power squid things! Woohoo! Too bad I got them yesterday!

I just also got a tracking number and package came by US Mail.
At least woot is thinking about us.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:Hi Dont. That was a great picture of splinter on yammer.

Thanks! The cage bars didn't show at all. Odd, but good.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

cruzer

pooflady wrote:Did he ever tell us where he had lunch?

it's top secret

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
cruzer wrote:yeah...I do hate that feeling...that's why I never go test drive cars even though I really want to.

I should read up a few pages... did someone test drive cars or go to a car show? Philly's just had there, and I avoided it since we need a new car but can't afford it. We want a Honda Odyssey (I still want a XTerra though), but can't afford a $35K car no matter how nice.

SkekTek

cruzer wrote:it's top secret

Or Top Ramen...

cruzer

SkekTek wrote:I should read up a few pages... did someone test drive cars or go to a car show? Philly's just had there, and I avoided it since we need a new car but can't afford it. We want a Honda Odyssey (I still want a XTerra though), but can't afford a $35K car no matter how nice.

Xterras aren't 35k. well...unless you go all out...but my sister's X was nowhere near that.

cruzer

SkekTek wrote:Or Top Ramen...

My favorite flavor!

*waits for this to appear on the random quote thread*

cruzer

cruzer wrote:

That didn't take long...

Raining

cruzer wrote:My favorite flavor!

Your such a twit.
Gotta go and pick up dad and Bud,
Later.

cruzer

Raining wrote:Your such a twit.

Aww...thanks...

Raining

cruzer wrote:Aww...thanks...

blame it on jcubed, he taught me how.
As you know, twit has two meaning with me. Take your pick.
I have to go to the golf course and get them, their car will not start.

SkekTek

cruzer wrote:Xterras aren't 35k. well...unless you go all out...but my sister's X was nowhere near that.

Dear wife wants the Honda. I wish we could get an XT since it's much cheaper. But DW wants something she can step into like a car... I want something that has a high clearance so I can go off-road with it during field seasons and not worry about bottoming out or yanking the muffler off.

SkekTek

cruzer wrote:My favorite flavor!

I still eat the stuff at work. I'm not proud... but it still can't be beat for quick and cheap. Tend to drain the liquid and add half a packet to make spicy noodles.

pooflady

SkekTek wrote:Dear wife wants the Honda. I wish we could get an XT since it's much cheaper. But DW wants something she can step into like a car... I want something that has a high clearance so I can go off-road with it during field seasons and not worry about bottoming out or yanking the muffler off.

My vote's with DW.

cruzer

SkekTek wrote:Dear wife wants the Honda. I wish we could get an XT since it's much cheaper. But DW wants something she can step into like a car... I want something that has a high clearance so I can go off-road with it during field seasons and not worry about bottoming out or yanking the muffler off.

I recommend a crossover vehicle then. one of those smallish SUV things. Like a vogue or murano type things.

Mom's murano is really nice, but was quite expensive.

I'm trying to think of other cars like this and all I can remember is a mazda and a lexus.

I'm not too up to date on my cars any more. When I get ready to get a new one in a few years, I'll catch up again.

pooflady

Maybe your kids aren't fighting yet. It made driving so much nicer when we could put them in separate seats. Ergo, you need at least three seats.

SkekTek

cruzer wrote:I recommend a crossover vehicle then. one of those smallish SUV things. Like a vogue or murano type things.

Mom's murano is really nice, but was quite expensive.

I'm trying to think of other cars like this and all I can remember is a mazda and a lexus.

I'm not too up to date on my cars any more. When I get ready to get a new one in a few years, I'll catch up again.

Our big problem is fitting four adults and two kids in one car. Looked at the CR-V and other crossovers, and the problem is fitting so many folks. My wife's parents (who unlike my folks are able to come out and visit) are not the skinniest folks, and one of them barely fits in between the kids' car seats. Looked at the Ford crossover (Escape) and the Chevy somethingorelse. Liked the Chevy. But if we get a vehicle, we'll probably buy something 2-3 years old on a lease buyback to maximize our value.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
SkekTek wrote:Our big problem is fitting four adults and two kids in one car. Looked at the CR-V and other crossovers, and the problem is fitting so many folks. My wife's parents (who unlike my folks are able to come out and visit) are not the skinniest folks, and one of them barely fits in between the kids' car seats. Looked at the Ford crossover (Escape) and the Chevy somethingorelse. Liked the Chevy. But if we get a vehicle, we'll probably buy something 2-3 years old on a lease buyback to maximize our value.

Don't sleep on the minivan option. If you park 2 cars in a garage, and your kids are old enough to let themselves into the car, those sliding doors on the minivan sure to prevent a lot of door dings!!

pooflady

kenney9226 wrote:Don't sleep on the minivan option. If you park 2 cars in a garage, and your kids are old enough to let themselves into the car, those sliding doors on the minivan sure to prevent a lot of door dings!!

My son has the automatic sliding doors on the minivan. Very nice.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I haven't read all of this, but if someone is thinking minivan....
The only problem we had with ours was that the kids wanted a window that can open.
I think they have that now.
Since I think you can lock them from the drivers side to keep the kids from playing with windows, I would try to get real windows on the sliders if you can.

Now, those same children as ashamed to be seen in the minivan. Keep trying to get me to buy a new car.
These are the same children who move every year!
At least twice a year I take all the seats out and it is used to move someone!

As long as that car runs well, I'm keeping it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

The town must be bored. The plow/sand truck has gone down the street about 6 times.
The storm isn't over. They guys should go home and hang out until the next part starts.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Our big problem is fitting four adults and two kids in one car. Looked at the CR-V and other crossovers, and the problem is fitting so many folks. My wife's parents (who unlike my folks are able to come out and visit) are not the skinniest folks, and one of them barely fits in between the kids' car seats. Looked at the Ford crossover (Escape) and the Chevy somethingorelse. Liked the Chevy. But if we get a vehicle, we'll probably buy something 2-3 years old on a lease buyback to maximize our value.

My Sienna has 4 captain seats plus the bench in the back.
Getting the kids in the back in car-seats would be a pain, but my step sister is large and she loves my back seat captain chair!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:Don't sleep on the minivan option. If you park 2 cars in a garage, and your kids are old enough to let themselves into the car, those sliding doors on the minivan sure to prevent a lot of door dings!!

We don't have a garage (at least, not one that fits cars) so thats not a problem!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Whew, what an afternoon. BUSY! Almost time to go home though.

I loved my Astro Vans. Too bad they don't make them any more. They were a great size. My neighbor still has one. She refuses to give it up.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:I haven't read all of this, but if someone is thinking minivan....
The only problem we had with ours was that the kids wanted a window that can open.
Since I think you can lock them from the drivers side to keep the kids from playing with windows, I would try to get real windows on the sliders if you can.

Now, those same children as ashamed to be seen in the minivan. Keep trying to get me to buy a new car.

It's only a matter of time until our 1995 Ford Escord Wagon gives up the ghost. When that happens, we'll be forced into a newer car. Thankfully my Taurus has window locks to prevent the kids from opening them. If I accidentally leave them so they can roll them down, they do!

I assume most kids would be ashamed of anything that fits more than two people in it. They all want cool little cars, but then complain that they don't hold all their friends. Thankfully mine are too small to complain yet

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:It's only a matter of time until our 1995 Ford Escord Wagon gives up the ghost. When that happens, we'll be forced into a newer car. Thankfully my Taurus has window locks to prevent the kids from opening them. If I accidentally leave them so they can roll them down, they do!

I assume most kids would be ashamed of anything that fits more than two people in it. They all want cool little cars, but then complain that they don't hold all their friends. Thankfully mine are too small to complain yet

Oooooh, I don't know. I think it depends on the bells & whistles. Our Astro van (mid 90s) had a TV & N64 in it. Son had no trouble going on trips or being seen in it because he was only focused on the TV. Of course, I remember listening to the audio of Doctor Doolittle (Eddie Murphy version) for about 6 months straight.

Line
Line
Line
Line
I'm gonna get sick
Look at something far away
Tree
Tree
Tree
Tree

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SkekTek

daj59 wrote:Oooooh, I don't know. I think it depends on the bells & whistles. Our Astro van (mid 90s) had a TV & N64 in it. Son had no trouble going on trips or being seen in it because he was only focused on the TV. Of course, I remember listening to the audio of Doctor Doolittle (Eddie Murphy version) for about 6 months straight.

Line
Line
Line
Line
I'm gonna get sick
Tree
Tree
Tree
Tree

Of course, I've never had a child older than a 5-year old (but thankfully that changes each year), so I don't know. But I do have friends with teens and they all want to be seen in mini-coopers and other micro-cars. Of course, they never turn down rides in Hummers...

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:It's only a matter of time until our 1995 Ford Escord Wagon gives up the ghost. When that happens, we'll be forced into a newer car. Thankfully my Taurus has window locks to prevent the kids from opening them. If I accidentally leave them so they can roll them down, they do!

We are in the same situation. Our 1995 Wrangler is getting a bit small, and we can't take our Sephia everywhere (especially in winter). As for getting cars into the offroad, you would be amazed the places I've taken some very city-centric cars, especially Geo Metros. Still we are probably looking for something at least all-wheel drive, because we can't afford something that gets as good of gas millage as the kia.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:We are in the same situation. Our 1995 Wrangler is getting a bit small, and we can't take our Sephia everywhere (especially in winter). As for getting cars into the offroad, you would be amazed the places I've taken some very city-centric cars, especially Geo Metros. Still we are probably looking for something at least all-wheel drive, because we can't afford something that gets as good of gas millage as the kia.

Things to think about. My cute shirt finally got muscled out of the fog by the big boys. Whee, that was fun!

Well, gotta go help make dinner! TTFN!

KtCallista

daj59 wrote:Oooooh, I don't know. I think it depends on the bells & whistles. Our Astro van (mid 90s) had a TV & N64 in it. Son had no trouble going on trips or being seen in it because he was only focused on the TV. Of course, I remember listening to the audio of Doctor Doolittle (Eddie Murphy version) for about 6 months straight.

Line
Line
Line
Line
I'm gonna get sick
Tree
Tree
Tree
Tree

Love your Astro vans all you like, I will have none! My mom had them and they were great fun as a kid (and teen), but then I drove it and see why my Dad hated the dang thing. His description was a breadbox with wheels, mine wasn't so kind.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
dontwantaname wrote:I haven't read all of this, but if someone is thinking minivan....

Afternoon. We have the Chevy Venture mini-van with the auto sliding doors. As much as I hate to say I drive a mini-van, it's so much better than a 4-door car. When son was smaller, it was so much easier to get them in/out of their car seat because it was at the right height. When we have to squeeze an extra person into our 4-door car, it's quite squishy.

Our sliding door windows don't roll down. I know the Mazda MPV's did (co-worker has one) and I think Honda's or someboy else has that now too. We're not big window down people, so it wasn't an issue for us.

I'm off to go get some Chinese food in the unknown driving conditions. I'll be eating next door at my s-i-l's, so I won't be back for a while. Wish me luck.