AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
zea3 wrote:As long as I am vertical, I'm good. If I stretch out on the couch, its all over within minutes!

I can't sleep on couches; I need to be able to roll around.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
zea3 wrote:Its hard to imagine a program so bad that an appearance by the Hoff is the best part! It must have been mind numbing!

The premise is OK, the car is cool, but the acting is high-school bad, and the plot is just silly. The CGI occasionally looks terrible (like they put a car going real fast in the desert, and it looks like someone blue-screened a matchbox car into the frame). And I still can't believe they switched the Pontiac for a Ford Cobra... Sure, the cobra Shelby is a muscle car, but not the same...

There's also lots of continuity errors- the most obvious is when the bad guys are in a helicopter. In one minute, they show THREE separate choppers, with three different tail ids... But the Hoff really looks good! Fit, clean, and not a hamburger in sight.

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
zea3 wrote:Going well. I'm enjoying one of those rare moments when I get to use the computer and there are real, live people here! Usually when I get on, most people are eating dinner or getting ready for bed!

neither of which are applicable to me....yet

I should eat somethin but my guts are suddenly doin the twist

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:I can't sleep on couches; I need to be able to roll around.

<biting lips to keep this thread PG-13 tonight>

SkekTek

Lynnzoi wrote:neither of which are applicable to me....yet

I should eat somethin but my guts are suddenly doin the twist

If you have a lemon-lime soda handy, that always helps me...

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
AZGman wrote:I can't sleep on couches; I need to be able to roll around.

Hubby is a roller, so I am used to being smooshed into the corner. I have learned not to roll around too much over the years.
I love my couch. I tested it for nap-a-bility when we were shopping for it. Very comfy!

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:<biting lips to keep this thread PG-13 tonight>

Hmmmmm

Lynnzoi

SkekTek wrote:If you have a lemon-lime soda handy, that always helps me...

wish I did...ginger ale usually helps too....

uh oh - the dogs are doing the WE WANNA GO OUT NOW dance.....how they can go from all 3 asleep to all 3 awake and dancing in a nanosecond is beyond me

SkekTek

Lynnzoi wrote:wish I did...ginger ale usually helps too....

uh oh - the dogs are doing the WE WANNA GO OUT NOW dance.....how they can go from all 3 asleep to all 3 awake and dancing in a nanosecond is beyond me

I dunno, but it's something that occasionally infects my children too...

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:wish I did...ginger ale usually helps too....

The yard calls to them in their sleep . . . maybe even shouts at them . . .

Lynnzoi

ooo...found some Lemon Ginger Tazo in the fridge I forgot I had...yay

zea3

SkekTek wrote:The premise is OK, the car is cool, but the acting is high-school bad, and the plot is just silly. The CGI occasionally looks terrible (like they put a car going real fast in the desert, and it looks like someone blue-screened a matchbox car into the frame). And I still can't believe they switched the Pontiac for a Ford Cobra... Sure, the cobra Shelby is a muscle car, but not the same...

There's also lots of continuity errors- the most obvious is when the bad guys are in a helicopter. In one minute, they show THREE separate choppers, with three different tail ids... But the Hoff really looks good! Fit, clean, and not a hamburger in sight.

Was the original car a Trans-Am? The Trans-Am/Camero were the cars to have in high school! I don't know if a Shelby means as much to a high schooler today as it would 27 years ago. What is the car to have amongst the teen set these days?

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:The yard calls to them in their sleep . . . maybe even shouts at them . . .

you'd think it'd be muffled with all the snow and ice coverin it

Lynnzoi

SkekTek wrote:I dunno, but it's something that occasionally infects my children too...

dogs and children do seemed to be tuned to the same frequency

zea3

Lynnzoi wrote:you'd think it'd be muffled with all the snow and ice coverin it

Really! I know I have to think about just how bad I need to go when I know that toilet seat is going to be ice cold!

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:you'd think it'd be muffled with all the snow and ice coverin it

Ye canna silence the siren's song wi' snow . . .

Lynnzoi

zea3 wrote:Really! I know I have to think about just how bad I need to go when I know that toilet seat is going to be ice cold!

big Reddog is sittin out there in the snow surveyin his kingdom...other 2 are already back in

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Ye canna silence the siren's song wi' snow . . .

true

guess I should be happy it never sings to them in the middle of the night

AZGman

zea3 wrote:Really! I know I have to think about just how bad I need to go when I know that toilet seat is going to be ice cold!

Keep the cover down and lay a heating pad on it at night . . . just a thought . . .

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:big Reddog is sittin out there in the snow surveyin his kingdom...other 2 are already back in

Surprised he hasn't developed polarhoids!!

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Keep the cover down and lay a heating pad on it at night . . . just a thought . . .

or get one of these

zea3

Lynnzoi wrote:big Reddog is sittin out there inthe snow surveyin his kingdom...other 2 are already back in

He must find the perfect spot. The one spot that says, "All this is mine, and by my benevolence you are allowed to be graced by my presence." Takes time to find a spot like that. It can't be the same spot as last time, because that spot is no longer good enough.

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Surprised he hasn't developed polarhoids!!

LOL

freeze his big red butt to the ground one of these days, he will!

SkekTek

zea3 wrote:Was the original car a Trans-Am? The Trans-Am/Camero were the cars to have in high school! I don't know if a Shelby means as much to a high schooler today as it would 27 years ago. What is the car to have amongst the teen set these days?

It was a Pontiac Firebird. Trans-Am was the preferred mode of transport for The Bandit in the Smokey movies (the first of which is one of my guilty pleasures of all time movies).

Shelby is used since it's the 50th anny and has a mystique to it. What is the car to have among teens? no clue, as I do not have any. But one would expect it would be something like the Mini Cooper, or some form of a BMW...

SkekTek

Lynnzoi wrote:or get one of these

Mmm... heated toilet seat. Would be extra special in our house- the bathroom gets real cold at night, and DW would love it.

Lynnzoi

zea3 wrote:He must find the perfect spot. The one spot that says, "All this is mine, and by my benevolence you are allowed to be graced by my presence." Takes time to find a spot like that. It can't be the same spot as last time, because that spot is no longer good enough.

uh huh

or it just happens to be near where one of the frozen rawhides is on the ground that he is so fond of

zea3

AZGman wrote:Keep the cover down and lay a heating pad on it at night . . . just a thought . . .

Lovely ideas, but no outlets in the bathroom.

SkekTek

Stargate Atlantis just taked about a planet and people called the Hoff... Uh oh... Don't Hassle the Hoff.

zea3

Lynnzoi wrote:uh huh

or it just happens to be near where one of the frozen rawhides is on the ground that he is so fond of

Yeah, that too!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Damn Sears.

Such a freaking hard problem to explain to them too. Stupid girl was rude tonight.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman

zea3 wrote:Lovely ideas, but no outlets in the bathroom.

No outlets in the bathroom? How old is your house?

ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:Lovely ideas, but no outlets in the bathroom.

THat is interesting. It says the cord length is 4'. I don't know many bathrooms that have an outlet w/i 4' of the toilet.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

zea3

SkekTek wrote:It was a Pontiac Firebird. Trans-Am was the preferred mode of transport for The Bandit in the Smokey movies (the first of which is one of my guilty pleasures of all time movies).

Shelby is used since it's the 50th anny and has a mystique to it. What is the car to have among teens? no clue, as I do not have any. But one would expect it would be something like the Mini Cooper, or some form of a BMW...

The original movie was cute, the sequels got old fast.
Most of the male teens around here have pickup trucks. I haven't really noticed what the girls drive.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Lynnzoi wrote:uh huh

Maybe he's having hot flashes.

FORUM MODERATOR

SkekTek

zea3 wrote:The original movie was cute, the sequels got old fast.
Most of the male teens around here have pickup trucks. I haven't really noticed what the girls drive.

I loved the original series. Sure, it was hokey, but that was part of its charm.

HOORAY! I finally got a tracking number for my fish shirts I received on Tuesday!

SkekTek

daj59 wrote:Maybe he's having hot flashes.

Thanks Daj, I find myself mesmerized by your new sig.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
daj59 wrote:Damn Sears.

Such a freaking hard problem to explain to them too. Stupid girl was rude tonight.

What's the problem?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman

Nice, but ya can't use it for your back while lying in bed . . .

ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:The original movie was cute, the sequels got old fast.

Lots of jeeps & suvs. It amazes me (and my son actually!) how many kids around here drive brand new and expensive trucks, cars, & suvs. I would never get a 16-17 year old a new car. The insurance must be ridiculous.

FORUM MODERATOR

zea3

AZGman wrote:No outlets in the bathroom? How old is your house?

It was built in 1970. The master bath has the sink in a separate dressing area. That's where the outlet is located. Tub and toilet in an adjoining room.