ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Thanks Daj, I find myself mesmerized by your new sig.

You are getting sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

well, reddog has finally come in...evenin meds are done..time to head for bed. gotta work at 8 ayem tomorry.

gnite all!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
zea3 wrote:It was built in 1970. The master bath has the sink in a separate dressing area. That's where the outlet is located. Tub and toilet in an adjoining room.

Know any electricians?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:well, reddog has finally come in...evenin meds are done..time to head for bed. gotta work at 8 ayem tomorry.

gnite all!

I ain't far behind ya; g'night, Lynn!

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
daj59 wrote:Lots of jeeps & suvs. It amazes me (and my son actually!) how many kids around here drive brand new and expensive trucks, cars, & suvs. I would never get a 16-17 year old a new car. The insurance must be ridiculous.

I think the kid should drive something that is in good enough shape so they aren't stranded all over town, but there is no way I would buy a new car for a teenager. Even if money was no object.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:What's the problem?

Since I have had this phone # (2000), Sears Home Delivery fax machines have periodically called my number. They so kindly retry for 10 times. It took me years to find someone that would actually look into it and come to find out that my number was one digit off from the correct number they should have been calling and my number was posted on the master list for all Sears Home Delivery places. Lovely.

He got it fixed and all was good for a year or so but every now and then someone will get hold of the old list I guess and it starts all over again. Lady wouldn't let me talk to supervisor 2nite. That really pissed me off. I always get it fixed when I can get through to them.

So I've sent emails to a couple places in Sears & just talked to National Customer Service.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

zea3

Lynnzoi wrote:well, reddog has finally come in...evenin meds are done..time to head for bed. gotta work at 8 ayem tomorry.

gnite all!

Night Lynn, good to see you again!

ThunderThighs

Staff

gnite all!

Gnite Lynn. Give 'em all a scritch from me. That'll take you a while, I'm sure!

AZGman

daj59 wrote:Since I have had this phone # (2000), Sears Home Delivery fax machines have periodically called my number. They so kindly retry for 10 times. It took me years to find someone that would actually look into it and come to find out that my number was one digit off from the correct number they should have been calling and my number was posted on the master list for all Sears Home Delivery places. Lovely.

He got it fixed and all was good for a year or so but every now and then someone will get hold of the old list I guess and it starts all over again. Lady wouldn't let me talk to supervisor 2nite. That really pissed me off. I always get it fixed when I can get through to them.

So I've sent emails to a couple places in Sears & just talked to National Customer Service.

Why did she refuse to let you speak with a supervisor?

zea3

AZGman wrote:Know any electricians?

I have quite a few "handyman" projects that would be much higher on the list than an electric toilet seat! I'll save that dream for another day!

Maybe I could strap the cat on there to warm it up before I go to bed?

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Why did she refuse to let you speak with a supervisor?

She said SHE talked to him/her and was told to take my info and send the problem to CA. I asked for super's name and she wouldn't give that either. I did get her name though and made sure I put that in the email I sent.

ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:I have quite a few "handyman" projects that would be much higher on the list than an electric toilet seat! I'll save that dream for another day!

Maybe I could strap the cat on there to warm it up before I go to bed?

Blow dryer and an extension cord? Of course, you'd have to plan those trips accordingly. My bladder wouldn't cooperate, that's for sure.

Maisy's staring. Snackie-poo time.

AZGman

daj59 wrote:She said SHE talked to him/her and was told to take my info and send the problem to CA. I asked for super's name and she wouldn't give that either. I did get her name though and made sure I put that in the email I sent.

If you don't get a suitable response within 24 hours, send the email to every address you can associate with Sears.

AZGman

AZGman wrote:If you don't get a suitable response within 24 hours, send the email to every address you can associate with Sears.

. . . repeatedly . . .

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
zea3 wrote:I think the kid should drive something that is in good enough shape so they aren't stranded all over town, but there is no way I would buy a new car for a teenager. Even if money was no object.

A lot of the undergraduates here drive cars way better than I drive, but NJ is considered quite wealthy by US standards. IE- I saw a BMW 7 series driven by a student. What happened to students owning Dusters?

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I have a clean rat, and a scratched hand. But he didn't try climbing up my arm. He is getting old and slow. I guess trying to clip and file his nails tonight would be too much for him to take!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman

AZGman wrote:. . . repeatedly . . .

And, if you can get a Sear's corporate number that a human answers, and you have a fax machine - set it up to continuously dial that number . . .

zea3

daj59 wrote:Since I have had this phone # (2000), Sears Home Delivery fax machines have periodically called my number. They so kindly retry for 10 times. It took me years to find someone that would actually look into it and come to find out that my number was one digit off from the correct number they should have been calling and my number was posted on the master list for all Sears Home Delivery places. Lovely.

Hubby always tries to find out the name of the department head before he calls about a complaint. Then he can drop their name into the conversation if it is not going well. example: "If you can't resolve this situation then let me speak to someone who can. If you don't have anyone who can help me then I will have to contact John Smith in the morning." Usually inspires cooperation amongst the masses.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:. . . repeatedly . . .

Yep, that's my plan. I've already done 2 plus the phone call.

I did that with AT&T when I had persistent problems with my cable many years ago. I emailed every VIP on their site and every person on the board of directors. A VP called me to make sure the problem was taken care of.

Hmmmmm, no call for about 15 minutes. Maybe that rude lady found the offending fax at their place. "We only have 2 fax machines" Check them!!!!!!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:I have a clean rat, and a scratched hand. But he didn't try climbing up my arm. He is getting old and slow. I guess trying to clip and file his nails tonight would be too much for him to take!

What's his name? I used to work with rats...

ThunderThighs

Staff

Well, all that calls for another bucket-rita.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:And, if you can get a Sear's corporate number that a human answers, and you have a fax machine - set it up to continuously dial that number . . .

heh. I got rid of my fax machine years ago when spam faxes started. I'd get them in the middle of the night. The 2am Easter Morning was the last straw.

AZGman

daj59 wrote:Well, all that calls for another bucket-rita.

Salud!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:Hubby always tries to find out the name of the department head before he calls about a complaint. Then he can drop their name into the conversation if it is not going well. example: "If you can't resolve this situation then let me speak to someone who can. If you don't have anyone who can help me then I will have to contact John Smith in the morning." Usually inspires cooperation amongst the masses.

Unfortunately, it's hard to find names and heads for Sears. Too dang big.

zea3

daj59 wrote:Yep, that's my plan. I've already done 2 plus the phone call.

I did that with AT&T when I had persistent problems with my cable many years ago. I emailed every VIP on their site and every person on the board of directors. A VP called me to make sure the problem was taken care of.

Hmmmmm, no call for about 15 minutes. Maybe that rude lady found the offending fax at their place. "We only have 2 fax machines" Check them!!!!!!

Something else you might try. If you have caller ID, copy the number of the sender and set up one of those free send-a-fax-through-your-computer thingies and let them know what the correct number is and if they don't correct their info you will take action!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:I have a clean rat, and a scratched hand. But he didn't try climbing up my arm. He is getting old and slow. I guess trying to clip and file his nails tonight would be too much for him to take!

Poor clean little guy.

AZGman

Well, I made it past 10:30, but that's it for me . . . see y'all tomorrow.

G'night

ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:Something else you might try. If you have caller ID, copy the number of the sender and set up one of those free send-a-fax-through-your-computer thingies and let them know what the correct number is and if they don't correct their info you will take action!

Oh, I have caller ID. That's how I know who it is. Tonights offender was 909-969-9000. That's how I call them and try to fix it. Rude lady thing, remember. Oh, her name was Carera.

Feel free to prank call the number as many times as you want. Won't bother me.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Well, I made it past 10:30, but that's it for me . . . see y'all tomorrow.

G'night

Congrats and gnite!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:What's his name? I used to work with rats...

Splinter, son bought him and left for college. I am Splinters rat friend now.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

zea3

daj59 wrote:Unfortunately, it's hard to find names and heads for Sears. Too dang big.

He calls the same number he would use for the complaint. Very nicely and businesslike he says he needs the name of the head of customer service for a letter he is writing. Most people know who their supervisors and dept heads are, and usually they cooperate. If they refuse he asks for their name. If they refuse that he has a fall back plan. Most of the employees answer the phone using at least their first name, which he immediately writes down along with the time of the call. He can include that info in the letter or conversation with the supervisor if needed. He waits about 30 minutes to an hour before calling back to make the official complaint.

zea3

AZGman wrote:Well, I made it past 10:30, but that's it for me . . . see y'all tomorrow.

G'night

Night Gman!

zea3

daj59 wrote:Oh, I have caller ID. That's how I know who it is. Tonights offender was 909-969-9000. That's how I call them and try to fix it. Rude lady thing, remember. Oh, her name was Carera.

Feel free to prank call the number as many times as you want. Won't bother me.

Are they the Sears employees or sub contractors who do installations for Sears?

SkekTek

G'night

Night Gman...

ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:Are they the Sears employees or sub contractors who do installations for Sears?

No, it's Sears Home Delivery. They're trying to fax an order to another Sears Home Delivery but they've got my number instead.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
SkekTek wrote:It was a Pontiac Firebird. Trans-Am was the preferred mode of transport for The Bandit in the Smokey movies (the first of which is one of my guilty pleasures of all time movies).

Shelby is used since it's the 50th anny and has a mystique to it. What is the car to have among teens? no clue, as I do not have any. But one would expect it would be something like the Mini Cooper, or some form of a BMW...

actually i think right now it's mostly riced-up imports, like in the Fast and the Furious franchise... that's among your typical teen anyway (if current racing games are anything to go off of... stupid things have ruined the Need for Speed franchise )... i like to think there are still some teens out there who lust after exotic super cars, though, and occassionally more accessible kit cars

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Splinter, son bought him and left for college. I am Splinters rat friend now.

Pretty good name for a rat. Just don't expose him to radiation, because he might turn into a Zen master.

zea3

jqubed wrote:actually i think right now it's mostly riced-up imports, like in the Fast and the Furious franchise... that's among your typical teen anyway (if current racing games are anything to go off of... stupid things have ruined the Need for Speed franchise )... i like to think there are still some teens out there who lust after exotic super cars, though, and occassionally more accessible kit cars

I used to have a 1980 4 speed 6 cylander Chevy Monza Spyder. It was black with a huge spider decal on the hood. Boy could that car move! I loved that car!

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
zea3 wrote:I used to have a 1980 4 speed 6 cylander Chevy Monza Spyder. It was black with a huge spider decal on the hood. Boy could that car move! I loved that car!

looks pretty sporty!

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

zea3

jqubed wrote:looks pretty sporty!

I found pictures! Not mine, of course. Google is so handy! My car had a beige interior.

Couldn't find a black one with the hood spider.