AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks

Morning. Off to feed the tribe. Have a good one...

tall4agirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tall4agirl

Mornin'.

Is it ok to have Girl Scout cookies for breakfast?

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
tall4agirl wrote:Mornin'.

Is it ok to have Girl Scout cookies for breakfast?

Absolutely.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman

Mornin', k'selli, t'girl, and poof

tall4agirl

pooflady wrote:Absolutely.

whew!

I could only eat 2 before it was too much sugar. I think I'll be having an early lunch.

tall4agirl

AZGman wrote:Mornin', k'selli, t'girl, and poof

Making any sawdust today?

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Absolutely.

I concur . . . can't be any worse than Pillsbury orange cinnamon rolls . . .

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho

Morning. I'm actually awake for this morning thing. It's a miracle.

AZGman

tall4agirl wrote:Making any sawdust today?

No . . . gotta take the truck in for emissions testing then get the new license plate stickers for it . . .

tall4agirl

AZGman wrote:I concur . . . can't be any worse than Pillsbury orange cinnamon rolls . . .

Orange cinnamon rolls?!? I've never heard of those before. Do you like them better than regular cinnamon rolls?

tall4agirl

AZGman wrote:No . . . gotta take the truck in for emissions testing then get the new license plate stickers for it . . .

They discontinued emissions testing here about 2 years ago. It's so much nicer not to have that extra stop.

tall4agirl

Gumiho wrote:Morning. I'm actually awake for this morning thing. It's a miracle.

Morning, Gumi. I like your raindrop with galoshes!

AZGman

tall4agirl wrote:Orange cinnamon rolls?!? I've never heard of those before. Do you like them better than regular cinnamon rolls?

Never heard of 'em? They've been around for decades! And yes, I prefer them over the regular ones.

AZGman

tall4agirl wrote:They discontinued emissions testing here about 2 years ago. It's so much nicer not to have that extra stop.

It's every two years here . . .

tall4agirl

AZGman wrote:Never heard of 'em? They've been around for decades! And yes, I prefer them over the regular ones.

I live a sheltered life...

I'll have to look for them next time I'm at Krogers.

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
tall4agirl wrote:Morning, Gumi. I like your raindrop with galoshes!

Good morning to you. Thank you. It's not what I would usually draw but I just felt like I really wanted to do it.

AZGman

tall4agirl wrote:I live a sheltered life...

I'll have to look for them next time I'm at Krogers.

They're yummy-licious!

tall4agirl

AZGman wrote:It's every two years here . . .

Yup, that's how we used to be... if your car was an even model year, you had to get the e-check in even years. PIA, if you ask me.

Sorry, gotta check out. My brother is bringing the youngest niece and nephew over to sled ride down the front hill. Good luck with the DMV!

AZGman

tall4agirl wrote:Yup, that's how we used to be... if your car was an even model year, you had to get the e-check in even years. PIA, if you ask me.

Sorry, gotta check out. My brother is bringing the youngest niece and nephew over to sled ride down the front hill. Good luck with the DMV!

Okie-doke . . . see ya later!

AZGman

Done with errands . . . and now it's lunch time!!

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
pooflady wrote:I don't think very many of them know how to type at all. I was appalled to learn that our school district no longer offers typing. I mean, surely they could call it keyboarding and offer it. I would think it's almost a necessity in today's world.

those classes never really helped me that much... where I got fast was when we got some sort of Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing program that had a Missile Command-like game where there were words falling from the sky and you had to type them to shoot them down. I never really did the lessons so the program always rated me at 5 or 10 words-per-minute, even though in the game I'd get up to 80-90 words-per-minute. That and Instant Messenger got me up to speed. I guess the classes helped get the basic position, but beyond that, not much.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jqubed wrote:those classes never really helped me that much... where I got fast was when we got some sort of Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing program that had a Missile Command-like game where there were words falling from the sky and you had to type them to shoot them down. I never really did the lessons so the program always rated me at 5 or 10 words-per-minute, even though in the game I'd get up to 80-90 words-per-minute. That and Instant Messenger got me up to speed. I guess the classes helped get the basic position, but beyond that, not much.

Taking keyboarding just get you to type with two hands. The speed comes from use.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman

Good thing I didn't say hello . . . that might have provoked a response . . .

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I'm screwed. Mom is sick. She wouldn't even call the neighbor to bring in the paper. Of course the paper being outside is a MAJOR problem.
Our kids beds are too high for her to get into.
She has NO internet.
I'm so screwed.
It is only the stomach virus or the flu...so I'm only in trouble for 10 days or less.

see you later

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

That makes two of us. I'm leaving in the morning. I might be able to check in off and on when I'm at my sister's. It's just not worthwhile on my mom's dial-up. My brain is fried.

pooflady

If spongebrain is around, how are the roads around your area, 71, 270, 90?

AZGman

I hope everyone's folks will be okay. My mother is 83 and, fortunately, still in good health; I'm also fortunate to have brothers and sisters who are near her in the event she needs help. It reminds me to get old wherever my son ends up living.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Well, sounds like bad news everywhere. MIL died this morning. FIL and hubby were with her last night. Hubby dialed his cell phone and she talked to me, our daughter and several other family members. She had been moved to the nursing home (she thought she was in a hospital) and seemed to be doing better. Visitation tomorrow and funeral on Monday. We were coming back from making funeral arrangements and saw my Mom laying in her yard. She had gone out to water the camellia we bought her for Christmas (she doesn't realize it has been raining) and fell. Thank the Lord she has no broken bones. Poof take care traveling and dont borrow somebody's aircard! Sounds like we all need extra prayers!

joyner

AZGman wrote:I hope everyone's folks will be okay. My mother is 83 and, fortunately, still in good health; I'm also fortunate to have brothers and sisters who are near her in the event she needs help. It reminds me to get old wherever my son ends up living.

This is a plan or long term care insurance. I wonder how much it is.

AZGman

joyner wrote:Well, sounds like bad news everywhere. MIL died this morning. FIL and hubby were with her last night. Hubby dialed his cell phone and she talked to me, our daughter and several other family members. She had been moved to the nursing home (she thought she was in a hospital) and seemed to be doing better. Visitation tomorrow and funeral on Monday. We were coming back from making funeral arrangements and saw my Mom laying in her yard. She had gone out to water the camellia we bought her for Christmas (she doesn't realize it has been raining) and fell. Thank the Lord she has no broken bones. Poof take care traveling and dont borrow somebody's aircard! Sounds like we all need extra prayers!

Good grief, j'ner! My heartfelt condolences to yours and your husbands family. I hope your mom is doing okay. My prayers go out to you (and poof and d'name, as well.)

pooflady

AZGman wrote:I hope everyone's folks will be okay. My mother is 83 and, fortunately, still in good health; I'm also fortunate to have brothers and sisters who are near her in the event she needs help. It reminds me to get old wherever my son ends up living.

Good idea. Older son told me today that he'd be doing the same for me someday. Right. Neither husband nor I are counting on that.

AZGman

joyner wrote:This is a plan or long term care insurance. I wonder how much it is.

Just a thought for the moment. I'll consider it a return on an investment.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
joyner wrote:Well, sounds like bad news everywhere. MIL died this morning. FIL and hubby were with her last night. Hubby dialed his cell phone and she talked to me, our daughter and several other family members. She had been moved to the nursing home (she thought she was in a hospital) and seemed to be doing better. Visitation tomorrow and funeral on Monday. We were coming back from making funeral arrangements and saw my Mom laying in her yard. She had gone out to water the camellia we bought her for Christmas (she doesn't realize it has been raining) and fell. Thank the Lord she has no broken bones. Poof take care traveling and dont borrow somebody's aircard! Sounds like we all need extra prayers!

Joyner, I'm very sorry to hear this. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Poof & D'name, safe travels!

pooflady

Joyner, so sorry for your loss. It's amazing how quickly plans can change. Thank heavens your mom is okay. That must have been a terrible shock.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Our thoughts and prayers will be with your family.

Poof and Dname, take care. We will look forward to your return to the internet.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

joyner

Thanks everybody for your thoughts and prayers. You guys are a great support group!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Joyner, I'm so sorry about your MIL. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Dname & Poof, travel safe. Check in when you can. Thoughts and prayers with you as well.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

Thanks everyone. The posts are much appreciated.

AZGman

ugh . . late dinner . . . pasketti w/ Italian sausage . . . I'm stuffed.