ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:ugh . . late dinner . . . pasketti w/ Italian sausage . . . I'm stuffed.

Leftover mac-n-cheese being munched on as I type.

Top Box

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
daj59 wrote:Leftover mac-n-cheese being munched on as I type.

Didja have the leftover chicken noodle soup for lunch?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Didja have the leftover chicken noodle soup for lunch?

No, was out shopping for a wedding shower gift so I stopped by KFC and had a Chicken Pot Pie. They do make a good pot pie!

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

AZGman

daj59 wrote:No, was out shopping for a wedding shower gift so I stopped by KFC and had a Chicken Pot Pie. They do make a good pot pie!

So does Chik-fil-a

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:So does Chik-fil-a

I've never seen it on their menu here.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

Whew, I took a long nap this afternoon and I'm having trouble waking up. I hate that groggy feeling. I'm not tired though.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

daj59 wrote:Whew, I took a long nap this afternoon and I'm having trouble waking up. I hate that groggy feeling. I'm not tired though.

Yeah . . . I shnoozed for a couple hours, too . . .

spongebrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spongebrain
AZGman wrote:So does Chik-fil-a

As does Boston Market. I like Chik-fil-a, but I can't go there due to their use of peanut oil; pity.

Life goes on...and on...and on...

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Yeah . . . I shnoozed for a couple hours, too . . .

That's about what I did.

I can use your wit for a bit. I need 4 names for black folding chairs. There's a woman at work and we got in a friendly tiff over this stupid old brown folding chair. It had a broken back and was rarely used so I wanted to pitch it. She insisted it was fine and had one of the guys repair it. It's now safely stored near her office for use. I christened it Brownie. We rib each other about it often.

Her daughter is getting married and the shower is next weekend. Lucky me, there were 4 black folding chairs on her registry so guess what I bought? Rather than taking them to the shower, I got a picture frame with 4 spots so I'm going to mock up photos of the chairs and add to the frame. I'm thinking about adoption papers to go with it but I need names.

Blackie is obivous. I'd prefer 2 word names but one word names will suffice. They could all have the same last name of course... say Black.

You're better at the witty word set than I am.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

spongebrain wrote:As does Boston Market. I like Chik-fil-a, but I can't go there due to their use of peanut oil; pity.

We have Boston Market's but I never eat there. KFCs around here only serve the pot pies in the winter now so I figured I better get one while I could.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
spongebrain wrote:As does Boston Market. I like Chik-fil-a, but I can't go there due to their use of peanut oil; pity.

Songebrain, are you still here?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

daj59 wrote:That's about what I did.

I can use your wit for a bit. I need 4 names for black folding chairs. There's a woman at work and we got in a friendly tiff over this stupid old brown folding chair. It had a broken back and was rarely used so I wanted to pitch it. She insisted it was fine and had one of the guys repair it. It's now safely stored near her office for use. I christened it Brownie. We rib each other about it often.

Her daughter is getting married and the shower is next weekend. Lucky me, there were 4 black folding chairs on her registry so guess what I bought? Rather than taking them to the shower, I got a picture frame with 4 spots so I'm going to mock up photos of the chairs and add to the frame. I'm thinking about adoption papers to go with it but I need names.

Blackie is obivous. I'd prefer 2 word names but one word names will suffice. They could all have the same last name of course... say Black.

You're better at the witty word set than I am.

Sirius Black, Taurean Blacque, Shirley Temple-Black, and Flat Black

spongebrain

pooflady wrote:Songebrain, are you still here?

I plan to be. I was in bouncing between Dubai, Brazil , and London for the last two weeks for work. I have a few weeks off before starting that nonsense again.

edit: The next set of trips are to be to Canada, Mexico, and The Netherlands.

pooflady

spongebrain wrote:I plan to be. I was in bouncing between Dubai, Brazil , and London for the last two weeks for work. I have a few weeks off before starting that nonsense again.

No, I meant here, now. I'm leaving for PA in the morning. How are the roads around you, 71, 270, 90? I would think they'd all be clear by now.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

spongebrain

pooflady wrote:No, I meant here, now. I'm leaving for PA in the morning. How are the roads around you, 71, 270, 90? I would think they'd all be clear by now.

They were fine as of this afternoon. I was on 71 and 90 today with no issues whatsoever.

edit: No inclement weather scheduled for tonight that I know of either.

ThunderThighs

Staff

spongebrain wrote:I plan to be. I was in bouncing between Dubai, Brazil , and London for the last two weeks for work. I have a few weeks off before starting that nonsense again.

edit: The next set of trips are to be to Canada, Mexico, and The Netherlands.

I know what you mean. I had to travel between Fort Worth, Dallas, and Grapevine this week. It's torture.

Welcome back. Hopefully you had good travels.

FORUM MODERATOR

spongebrain

spongebrain wrote:They were fine as of this afternoon. I was on 71 and 90 today with no issues whatsoever.

edit: No inclement weather scheduled for tonight that I know of either.

Just verified. There is nothing planned.

Have a safe trip to Grape-ville

spongebrain

daj59 wrote:I know what you mean. I had to travel between Fort Worth, Dallas, and Grapevine this week. It's torture.

Welcome back. Hopefully you had good travels.

Safe and productive; thanks.

I have seen the traffic in your neck of the world...I had it easy.

pooflady

spongebrain wrote:Just verified. There is nothing planned.

Have a safe trip to Grape-ville

Thank you. I'll wave around 2:00.

spongebrain

pooflady wrote:Thank you. I'll wave around 2:00.

I'll be waving back. "North East," correct?

pooflady

spongebrain wrote:I'll be waving back. "North East," correct?

Yep.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Sirius Black, Taurean Blacque, Shirley Temple-Black, and Flat Black

I like the last 2. Not so sure about the first 2. I had to google them. Thanks!

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

daj59 wrote:I like the last 2. Not so sure about the first 2. I had to google them. Thanks!

Black Rock
Los Bravos Black
Black is Black

pooflady

Has anyone heard of something called a deck search?

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Has anyone heard of something called a deck search?

desk search?

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

daj59 wrote:desk search?

I don't think so. Has to do with trucking.

spongebrain

pooflady wrote:Has anyone heard of something called a deck search?

I can't say that I have. In what context is it used?

edit: D'oh. . . Trucking

pooflady

spongebrain wrote:I can't say that I have. In what context is it used?

A trucker who's had an accident has to fill out a form for the DOT and to the employer. Then the employer has to do a deck search to ensure that information is correct.

spongebrain

pooflady wrote:A trucker who's had an accident has to fill out a form for the DOT and to the employer. Then the employer has to do a deck search to ensure that information is correct.

I have a friend who works in the IT department at Roadway. Let me give him a call and see if he knows.

pooflady

spongebrain wrote:I have a friend who works in the IT department at Roadway. Let me give him a call and see if he knows.

Thank you.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:A trucker who's had an accident has to fill out a form for the DOT and to the employer. Then the employer has to do a deck search to ensure that information is correct.

May have something to do with checking what the driver was transporting at the time.

spongebrain

AZGman wrote:May have something to do with checking what the driver was transporting at the time.

My friend wasn't familiar with the phrase, but he mirrored AZ's comment. He also questioned if you meant a deck certification (deck cert), where they check the truck manufacturers maximum load limits against the Bill of Laiding for the shipment in question.

edit: in addition to weight, they could also look at load placement, methods by which the load was tied down, etc...

AZGman

spongebrain wrote:My friend wasn't familiar with the phrase, but he mirrored AZ's comment. He also questioned if you meant a deck certification (deck cert), where they check the truck manufacturers maximum load limits against the Bill of Laiding for the shipment in question.

edit: in addition to weight, they could also look at load placement, methods by which the load was tied down, etc...

That sounds more plausible - deck cert.

pooflady

spongebrain wrote:My friend wasn't familiar with the phrase, but he mirrored AZ's comment. He also questioned if you meant a deck certification (deck cert), where they check the truck manufacturers maximum load limits against the Bill of Laiding for the shipment in question.

Thank you. I'm wondering if it's not "dec" search, like insurance declarations. Oh, well, I'll leave it up to the reporter.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Thank you. I'm wondering if it's not "dec" search, like insurance declarations. Oh, well, I'll leave it up to the reporter.

Isn't jargon delightful?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Took Maisy for a walk and came up with these. I just need 4. What do you think?

Flat Black
Matte Black (twin of Flat?)
Jet Black
Ink Black
Coal Black
Pitch Black
Men N Black
Shirley Temple-Black

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

daj59 wrote:Took Maisy for a walk and came up with these. I just need 4. What do you think?

Flat Black
Matte Black (twin of Flat?)
Jet Black
Ink Black
Coal Black
Pitch Black
Men N Black
Shirley Temple-Black

I like Flat, Matte, Jet, & Shirley Temple-Black

ThunderThighs

Staff

Paula's Party is pretty good tonight. There's anothe episode following with Elmo & Bobby Flay.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

daj59 wrote:Paula's Party is pretty good tonight. There's anothe episode following with Elmo & Bobby Flay.

huh?

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:huh?

Paula Dean on the Food Network. She does a cooking show. It's usually pretty funny. She cooks with lots of salt & butter. Loves fried foods. Pure southern cooking.

FORUM MODERATOR