dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Well I got to attend a ladies tea this afternoon at my church and the baby slept in my lap the entire time and I won a clock. Orc did the dishes and vacuumed while I was gone. Version1 cleaned her room and napped. Then this afternoon we took Version1 to a birthday party at a make and take ceramics place and I got to meet tons of new people since I didn't know any of the parents in daughter's new preschool class. We all had a good time and the baby took another nap while we were at the party. That's a pretty stellar day for us.

Sure does sound like it!
That is how you remember life with little ones, once they are grown and you are thinking of grandkids!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
KtCallista wrote:Because when girls used to leave home they were expected to get this sort of stuff as wedding gifts. My mom helped me out, but a lot of the stuff I got was second hand. Sort of fortunately, my parents had been separated before I got my first apartment, but thankfully were back together. As a result I got some of the stuff that got duplicated during that year. It helped out and I learned not to be choosy. I gave the stuff to my sister when I got married or got something better. Slowly my family has been upgrading my sister's things since she is still single and has a nice house.

$150 doesn't sound like you are all the way there yet.

Yeah, not even close.
She is getting the furniture from the den, the bed, desk, snd chest of drawers from her room, a table and 4 chairs from the basement and other random furniture.
Plus I already got her a set of cookware and a good knife set so she can cook.
Way lots more than I started out with, that's for sure!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Sure does sound like it!
That is how you remember life with little ones, once they are grown and you are thinking of grandkids!

Grandkids was a big part of the reason we decided to have kids. . . . . just don't tell our girls that.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

acemom wrote:Yeah, not even close.
She is getting the furniture from the den, the bed, desk, snd chest of drawers from her room, a table and 4 chairs from the basement and other random furniture.

Really! We had the kitchen stuff from the bridal shower. A mattress, a folding table and 4 chairs.
Then we quickly got a couch and a TV.
I remember before we got the bedroom set, we were trying to figure out how to hang undies and socks in the closet!

At least in NYC, the custom is to give money as a wedding gift, so we got the bedroom stuff, a real table and some unfinished furniture for the living room.
Plus the apt was small, which helped.
I swear daughter had more stuff in her dorm room.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom

L O L, my guy just woke up from the sofa and said he wants to go to sleep.
I wonder what he has been doing for the past 2 hours?
So.... I am going to bed, I guess.
See y'all later.

KtCallista

acemom wrote:Yeah, not even close.

Wow. Sounds pretty good!

KtCallista

acemom wrote:giggle, my guy just woke up from the sofa and said he wants to go to sleep.
I wonder what he has been doing for the past 2 hours?
So.... I am going to bed, I guess.
See y'all later.

goodnight ace!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Really! We had the kitchen stuff from the bridal shower. A mattress, a folding table and 4 chairs.
Then we quickly got a couch and a TV.
I remember before we got the bedroom set, we were trying to figure out how to hang undies and socks in the closet!

At least in NYC, the custom is to give money as a wedding gift, so we got the bedroom stuff, a real table and some unfinished furniture for the living room.
Plus the apt was small, which helped.
I swear daughter had more stuff in her dorm room.

We benefit from living in a college town where furniture and so-forth are recycled with much regularity.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:We benefit from living in a college town where furniture and so-forth are recycled with much regularity.

Someone should donate a big truck and store to pick up all the good stuff thrown away.
Then people should be able to buy it really cheap.
That would work in almost any college town.

On Martha's Vineyard there is a tiny building next to the dump. You can leave anything or take anything for free. The building could easily be three times the size!
Most of the stuff is in good shape.

Night all, gotta wake up tomorrow and drive over to moms because the newspaper will be outside.
//sigh
I hope this was a 24 hour thing
Actually, since she has been alone for over 7 years and this is my first time having to have to go for something like this...not that bad.
Of course if step dad didn't finally get her to move three years before he died, she would be with all her friends....of course, when they got married, she told my step dad she would move as soon as my grandparents, who lived next door, died....He wasn't expecting them to last well into their 90's!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Someone should donate a big truck and store to pick up all the good stuff thrown away.
Then people should be able to buy it really cheap.
That would work in almost any college town.

On Martha's Vineyard there is a tiny building next to the dump. You can leave anything or take anything for free. The building could easily be three times the size!
Most of the stuff is in good shape.

Night all, gotta wake up tomorrow and drive over to moms because the newspaper will be outside.
//sigh
I hope this was a 24 hour thing
Actually, since she has been alone for over 7 years and this is my first time having to have to go for something like this...not that bad.
Of course if step dad didn't finally get her to move three years before he died, she would be with all her friends....of course, when they got married, she told my step dad she would move as soon as my grandparents, who lived next door, died....He wasn't expecting them to last well into their 90's!

I agree, but getting someone to donate space for such a facility can be tricky.

I hope your Mom is better soon, its no fun being sick and even less fun when you are so dependent on others. I hope you have a good night dname.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks

7am on a sunday is before morning...unless you fish...even then , aren't there fish later in the day?

Well it looks like I dodged the woot curse this time. Mom called to say she felt 100% better.
I don't think she will be going out today, but she is OK on her own. Surrounded with chicken soup and ginger ale.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:7am on a sunday is before morning...unless you fish...even then , aren't there fish later in the day?

Well it looks like I dodged the woot curse this time. Mom called to say she felt 100% better.
I don't think she will be going out today, but she is OK on her own. Surrounded with chicken soup and ginger ale.

Who was up before 7 am?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Who was up before 7 am?

When I hit reply, it brings me back to central time. I thought you were.
You would think I would know that.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
dontwantaname wrote:When I hit reply, it brings me back to central time. I thought you were.
You would think I would know that.

Glad you dodged the bullet. Taking lunch to FIL.

AZGman

Mighty quiet in here today!!

AZGman

oops

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
AZGman wrote:oops

Wonder where everybody is?

AZGman

joyner wrote:Wonder where everybody is?

I dunno . . . I went out to the Quantico base exchange. Hoped folks would be more yakkative when I got home.

KtCallista

joyner wrote:Wonder where everybody is?

We just got home from church. Then again, you guys are all probably getting ready for dinner now.

spongebrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spongebrain
KtCallista wrote:We just got home from church. Then again, you guys are all probably getting ready for dinner now.

Hi KtC. How are the Young Ones, Sir Orc, and yourself doing today?

Life goes on...and on...and on...

KtCallista

spongebrain wrote:Hi KtC. How are the Young Ones, Sir Orc, and yourself doing today?

Tired, but doing alright. Actually got the baby down in her crib (never happens). She has not been sleeping at night without being next to me or held by me. Everyone is pretty tired. Older girl is doing well. She had a lot of fun at a birthday party yesterday.

spongebrain

KtCallista wrote:Tired, but doing alright. Actually got the baby down in her crib (never happens). She has not been sleeping at night without being next to me or held by me. Everyone is pretty tired. Older girl is doing well. She had a lot of fun at a birthday party yesterday.

Everyone always warned us to not hold our son to get him to sleep. I am glad that we didn't take their advice.

It is by far some of our best memories from that time in his life.

KtCallista

spongebrain wrote: Everyone always warned us to not hold our son to get him to sleep. I am glad that we didn't take their advice.

It is by far some of our best memories from that time in his life.

I agree! I think my girls have more confidence from being held. I was a horribly in-confident child, and my kids are not like that at all.

spongebrain

KtCallista wrote:I agree! I think my girls have more confidence from being held. I was a horribly in-confident child, and my kids are not like that at all.

Very insightful. I never really thought about it in that context, but I have seen the same thing.

KtCallista

spongebrain wrote:Very insightful. I never really thought about it in that context, but I have seen the same thing.

Wow more observational evidence to back up my theory, wonderful!

I am trying to decide if it is too late to work up another shirt entry.

Have you seen the weekend contest? There are 7 pages and some funny entries, it's like the photochoppers are back.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
KtCallista wrote:Wow more observational evidence to back up my theory, wonderful!

I am trying to decide if it is too late to work up another shirt entry.

Have you seen the weekend contest? There are 7 pages and some funny entries, it's like the photochoppers are back.

Hi folks... got most of my work today finished.

Shirt entry- never too late to get feedback. Especially since any entry, no matter how late, becomes a candidate for the best of derby that shows up occasionally.

Contest- I need to enter a few tonight. So many are so well done, I think the winner is already there. But I will try.

spongebrain

KtCallista wrote:...There are 7 pages and some funny entries, it's like the photochoppers are back.

It definitely looks that way.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Hi folks... got most of my work today finished.

Shirt entry- never too late to get feedback. Especially since any entry, no matter how late, becomes a candidate for the best of derby that shows up occasionally.

Contest- I need to enter a few tonight. So many are so well done, I think the winner is already there. But I will try.

Okay, I think I will do a partial of what I had in mind. . .

I can't wait to see what products you pick. I wish I'd spent more time on my TP one, it could have been funny, I just was too tired to do a good job. I think my claritin is much better.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli

Evening folks. Been a busy, busy weekend. We've been cleaning out the basement all weekend, and finally got it done today. I should've taken before/after pictures. Before it looked likie a bomb went off and scattered toys and misc. junk everywhere. After, it looks like an organized play area for the kids and a useful storeage area for the grown-ups. Wonder how long it'll last.

Just finished dinner and now for some rest and relaxin' before bedtime.

KtCallista

krapposelli wrote:Evening folks. Been a busy, busy weekend. We've been cleaning out the basement all weekend, and finally got it done today. I should've taken before/after pictures. Before it looked likie a bomb went off and scattered toys and misc. junk everywhere. After, it looks like an organized play area for the kids and a useful storeage area for the grown-ups. Wonder how long it'll last.

Just finished dinner and now for some rest and relaxin' before bedtime.

Congratulations, we have a room like your before, someday it may be like the after.

krapposelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krapposelli
KtCallista wrote:Congratulations, we have a room like your before, someday it may be like the after.

At one of the kids last birthday party, the kids wanted all the grown-ups to come downstairs to listen to the "band" (basically running around making a racket with various instruments). My husbands family are all neat freaks, and it was very embarassing. They are still teasing us about it.

Okay, laptop battery is shot. See ya'll tomorrow.

KtCallista

krapposelli wrote:At one of the kids last birthday party, the kids wanted all the grown-ups to come downstairs to listen to the "band" (basically running around making a racket with various instruments). My husbands family are all neat freaks, and it was very embarassing. They are still teasing us about it.

Okay, laptop battery is shot. See ya'll tomorrow.

My husband's mom is a neat freak too. Ironically, when she comes to visit we spend more time each night putting back things she moves around than doing anything else. Still I understand.

Have a good rest of your weekend!

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:Okay, I think I will do a partial of what I had in mind. . .

I can't wait to see what products you pick. I wish I'd spent more time on my TP one, it could have been funny, I just was too tired to do a good job. I think my claritin is much better.

Working on something REALLY silly and cheesy. Ought to fit in just fine.

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:Working on something REALLY silly and cheesy. Ought to fit in just fine.

yes it should.

SkekTek

KtCallista wrote:yes it should.

I just have to get a better picture of a russian sub though. I should be able to swap out the layers...

LP

KtCallista

SkekTek wrote:I just have to get a better picture of a russian sub though. I should be able to swap out the layers...

LP

the anticipation is killing me.

Uncorked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uncorked
KtCallista wrote:the anticipation is killing me.

you're too young to die...

Domestic Zymologist since 1980

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

good evening all!

Uncorked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uncorked
cruzer wrote:good evening all!

hey, cruzer.........it is a good evening

Domestic Zymologist since 1980